• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Holtie said:

So let me get this right, we are 4 and 5 points ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs respectively who have both had very poor season so far resulting in the sacking of a manager. We meanwhile stagger on with Neilson at the helm because we had a European campaign to navigate and we need to ‘cut him some slack’ as it was very difficult to play Sat. Thursday for several weeks. That is long behind us and what has the team done since - lost to Motherwell 3-0, Celtic 3-0 and 3-1, Rangers 3-0 and Aberdeen 3-0….but more importantly we simply haven’t competed in any of these games. I’ve been at all of them bar today and for the supposedly”third force”in Scottish football we have not turned up for any of these games. Neilson hasn’t learned a thing about formation, tactics etc over these games and today, yet again, we could have gone home before them 30th minute. Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks Neilson can take this team forward is talking out his arse. The Board needs to ‘man up”and remove Neilson, preferably this week,or at the very worst, at the end of the season.

You not one person has replied when Its been said that we won 4, lost 2 and drew 1 after European games. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to be pedantic but even he’s not a recognised midfielder really,  having never played there before last September. 

What was he at West Ham, a winger? 

4 minutes ago, Holtie said:

So let me get this right, we are 4 and 5 points ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs respectively who have both had very poor season so far resulting in the sacking of a manager. We meanwhile stagger on with Neilson at the helm because we had a European campaign to navigate and we need to ‘cut him some slack’ as it was very difficult to play Sat. Thursday for several weeks. That is long behind us and what has the team done since - lost to Motherwell 3-0, Celtic 3-0 and 3-1, Rangers 3-0 and Aberdeen 3-0….but more importantly we simply haven’t competed in any of these games. I’ve been at all of them bar today and for the supposedly”third force”in Scottish football we have not turned up for any of these games. Neilson hasn’t learned a thing about formation, tactics etc over these games and today, yet again, we could have gone home before them 30th minute. Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks Neilson can take this team forward is talking out his arse. The Board needs to ‘man up”and remove Neilson, preferably this week,or at the very worst, at the end of the season.

Spot on.  As for the Euro games, most of our opponents had League Cup group games to deal with, so we didn't play that many extra games.

south morocco

Why is he so stubborn. His system away from home constantly fails yet he never changes it unless we go behind (again). Bewildering really and the sign of a poor manager. Our midfield is utterly garbage too. Snodgrass ponders on the ball and is now too slow. Zero bite and aggression in there. Smith far too slow to play wingback. Shanks far too deep because of midfield frailties. Very disappointing with the resources we have

south morocco
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It is utterly ludicrous that at some point he has the veteran at 36, Snodgrass, as the only recognised midfielder on the pitch for a fixture at Pittodrie.  Snodgrass, who he will ****ing ruin after the player being persuaded to join over other options. Whatever people say, he has quality, despite being slow but this quality is being eroded by providing him.with no support.

Yup

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Exactly what Ryan Stevenson said weeks ago. Obviously ragin but if we had an Ash Taylor type at the back , Gogic type in the middle of the park and a Nouble/Akinyemi up front we wouldn’t have lost that today. These type of players at least.

Was thinking something similar during the game, they had three aggressive CHs today who attacked cross balls at each end, we barely won a header again all day. CHs that can do the basics of defending need to be found to compliment those good on the ball who carry it forward. 
We actually have grafters like Devlin who can do that for midfield and Humpreys/Shankland are no shrinking violets up front. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeah hes been that all his career, wasn’t having a pop just pointing out we didn’t have a recognised midfielder on the pitch. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dunno WTF Robbie was thinking today. Utterly bizarre selection, setup, tactics, subs, everything. 

Again.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Why is he so stubborn. His system away from home constantly fails yet he never changes it unless we go behind (again). Bewildering really and the sign of a poor manager. Our midfield is utterly garbage too. Snodgrass ponders on the ball and is now too slow. Zero bite and aggression in there. Smith far too slow to play wingback. Shanks far too deep because of midfield frailties. Very disappointing with the resources we have

Very much like his mentor.

south morocco

Was thinking something similar during the game, they had three aggressive CHs today who attacked cross balls at each end, we barely won a header again all day. CHs that can do the basics of defending need to be found to compliment those good on the ball who carry it forward. 
We actually have grafters like Devlin who can do that for midfield and Humpreys/Shankland are no shrinking violets up front. 

I know Devlin has dropped form recently but was surprised he wasn’t brought on to mix it up in MF. 

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Got us in which game? Today?

I assume so mate just quoting Neilson not my words.

Robbo-Jambo
43 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Previously got the impression that Robbie is a little aloof from the squad and lets his coaches work closely to them during the week then he comes in and does a Sir Alex on the Friday? Is this a correct impression? Beginning to worry that he's lost of few in the dressing room...

Exactly this.

You can get away with that if you are SAF.

You can't if you are a clueless clown like Neilson.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Rudy T said:

I assume so mate just quoting Neilson not my words.

Hes a slaver, always has been.

Pasquale for King
Just now, south morocco said:

I know Devlin has dropped form recently but was surprised he wasn’t brought on to mix it up in MF. 

Especially after playing so well last time against them, he was the only change from the 5 nil game. 
They only had a couple but were like a different team altogether. 

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was 2-0 with over an hour to go when we went to 442 and we were still shite.

We didn't lose because of 343

Yes we did, we have no idea how to play it invite teams on to us and lose goals.

Walter Bishop

Similarly to the recent Motherwell away and Celtic away todays match outcome was called by Hearts fans all over the place, whether it was on here, Twitter or at the game. We know what’s happening and how shot we are going to be so imagine our opposition every week, Particularly away from home. 

We are so predictable, there is no plan B, the team play the same way week in week out and the personnel very rarely changes, in key positions. 

Its time for a change, things have gone stale, again. He’s taken us as far as he ever will and to lose 3rd spot and the finances that come with it would be criminal. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah hes been that all his career, wasn’t having a pop just pointing out we didn’t have a recognised midfielder on the pitch. 

Didn't take it that way and get the point. What a bizarre situation.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was 2-0 with over an hour to go when we went to 442 and we were still shite.

We didn't lose because of 343

Debatable.  We certainly didn’t lose because of 4-4-2, game was over before we switched to it.  3-4-3 away from home, with the players we have is shite.   Everyone and their dog can see it, except the manager and one or two deluded posters on here.  3 wins away from home says it all.  Learning curve though.

Cutting away all the tactics, shape, the way he wants to play etc…it’s stark how evident we lack sharpness, genuine workrate and intent from

the start of games.

It’s been spoken about for months now.

Reaction is important and we’ve did that quite alot but it weighs too much on that side now. We sit back, think we can dictate play and not push into the opposition half, do things at our leisure. 

An ordinary Aberdeen team showed that up today. Played a high line and pushed on top of us, testing how good we really are in possession.   

The results weren’t good.  

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again.

It's just weird. I get that Gino's pace is useful up front but we've got a 20 goal striker playing ****ing right wing. Just play him up front!! And stop tinkering with the midfield. Pick a pairing and a shape and stick with it. Stop trying all this mental stuff, trying to be smart and confuse people and just play players where they play best. 

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dunno WTF Robbie was thinking today. Utterly bizarre selection, setup, tactics, subs, everything. 

Not for the first time either.

It's a learning curve as our manager says but he is learning**** all from it.

Changes the shape of the team after 20 mins when the horse has already bolted.

Why have that shape when everybody can see it doesn't work apart from him.

Utterly clueless the guy is.

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It's just weird. I get that Gino's pace is useful up front but we've got a 20 goal striker playing ****ing right wing. Just play him up front!! And stop tinkering with the midfield. Pick a pairing and a shape and stick with it. Stop trying all this mental stuff, trying to be smart and confuse people and just play players where they play best. 

Stubborn and crazy. Play the players in their strongest position ffs.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Previously got the impression that Robbie is a little aloof from the squad and lets his coaches work closely to them during the week then he comes in and does a Sir Alex on the Friday? Is this a correct impression? Beginning to worry that he's lost of few in the dressing room...

Have you ever seen the photo of him talking to the players last season whete about half of them have their arms crossed? Classic sign that they dont agree and are not interested in what he’s saying. 
Noticed Robson today gave all the subs going on a cuddle and some encouragement before they went and gave their all for him.
RN doesn’t seem that type, even after victories he doesn’t really give big hugs.

Sounds daft but he doesn’t seem that close to them. 

We could have virtually ended Aberdeens chances of third today ( and Hibs) with a win , however we now have them breathing down our necks , what cluster **** 

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Have you ever seen the photo of him talking to the players last season whete about half of them have their arms crossed? Classic sign that they dont agree and are not interested in what he’s saying. 
Noticed Robson today gave all the subs going on a cuddle and some encouragement before they went and gave their all for him.
RN doesn’t seem that type, even after victories he doesn’t really give big hugs.

He's only close to his mates as far as my yaks can see. And I watch for it on match days.

I tell you what, I'd love to hear what those Aussie lads are saying on international duty. I'd wager it ain't good.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Insecurity? Or maybe just his way. I find it curious he'll sometimes come out with this we need to be looking  to win every game but then come out with some barbed comment about fans expectations! Which is it?

Edited by Riccarton3

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He always does that around January, guys like Dauda/Simms and moves goal scorers like Boyce and Shankland back. 
Everything he does is predictable and once teams get used to our players after playing them twice we struggle around now. Last year we went back to a 4 but we had less options at CH so had too. 
Probably why he tries to be clever and usually fails.

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Still no club interview.

There was Rick. But don't waste your time reading it.its the same as oft times before.a load of s%#@.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, micole said:

Honestly I wish he wouldn't bother, sick of listening to his drivel....blah blah ect. Will be the same if  we lose to Killie.

That will be the pitch.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, fila said:

We could have virtually ended Aberdeens chances of third today ( and Hibs) with a win , however we now have them breathing down our necks , what cluster **** 

Definitely.

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He always does that around January, guys like Dauda/Simms and moves goal scorers like Boyce and Shankland back. 
Everything he does is predictable and once teams get used to our players after playing them twice we struggle around now. Last year we went back to a 4 but we had less options at CH so had too. 
Probably why he tries to be clever and usually fails.

Bet Shanklands happy. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Insecurity? Or maybe just his way. I found it curious he'll sometimes come out with this we need to be looking g to win every game but then come out with some barber comment about fans expectations!

I get the feeling he’s playing up to what he thinks Savage and guys like Anderson want to hear, but when we lose those words could be used to ask why he cant get his team to do that.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Bet Shanklands happy. 

He looked thoroughly dejected today, and possibly thinks that the move back has cost him a chance to play for Scotland. RN said Shankland needs to keep scoring to get back into that squad, he would be within his rights to ask to play up front and the team to put some crosses in for him to do so.

pettigrewsstylist

He looked thoroughly dejected today, and possibly thinks that the move back has cost him a chance to play for Scotland. RN said Shankland needs to keep scoring to get back into that squad, he would be within his rights to ask to play up front and the team to put some crosses in for him to do so.

All true. I would be raging. Good hold up and link play doesnt move your 20+ striker. Its lunacy. Well done Gino tho.

20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I agree, plus you simply can’t rely on Gino because he doesn’t have a footballers brain!  He has improved, to be fair but couldn’t lace Shanks boots!! If you watch him carefully he does everything by numbers….I will run here because that’s what the coach wants me to do, rather than it be something he does through instinct! He’s fine as back up or as a late sub, otherwise…..!!

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I get the feeling he’s playing up to what he thinks Savage and guys like Anderson want to hear, but when we lose those words could be used to ask why he cant get his team to do that.

Too passive, he says. And it is your job to avoid this happening. It's frequency is off the scale for it still to be needed worked on.

42 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeah but can play centre midfield he's best in a 433.

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

343 didn't stop Hill from doing his job, he let his man score a header at 442 as well.

Yet Cochrane and Sibbick were sacrificed before him.

Hills performance today (in whatever formation) was awful.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

All true. I would be raging. Good hold up and link play doesnt move your 20+ striker. Its lunacy. Well done Gino tho.

He’s scoring the goals Shankland would, can’t think of many where we used his pace well to create the chance. Should definitely get a new contract. 

south morocco

Hope he changes it against 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah but can play centre midfield he's best in a 433.

Not sure he has the legs for it now though. Caught out today a few times.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Too passive, he says. And it is your job to avoid this happening. It's frequency is off the scale for it still to be needed worked on.

Exactly, he says it like hes describing something he has no power over, then wants credit for changing his failed system once again after the horse has bolted. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I honestly think formation is a red herring. 

Speed of play and lack of aggressive and determined defensive responsibility are killing us.

Too slow too passive, its getting results at home, away its asking for trouble. 

Predictable is another word, Aberdeen knew every pass we were going to play. 

I don't think it's the formation though changing it would at least make it less predictable. 

Maybe no surprise that we played with more responsibility and pace at Parkhead without Snodgrass, he is a fine football player but no one man show at his speed 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Hope he changes it against 

Not sure he has the legs for it now though. Caught out today a few times.

Yeah he looked his age today, not sure where best to employ him now tbh. 

55 minutes ago, Holtie said:

You’re not allowed to say such things.

It means you’re likely to be a Hibby and/or someone who for whatever reasons wants Hearts to lose.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic