*** Aberdeen v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread ***

Masonic

Rick Sanchez

He never really addressed taking Cochrane off. He gave him some back chat and got subbed off. Now he's throwing him under the bus here IMO.

He's lost a lot of them, 100%. Particularly the Aussie boys. Not his mates though. We all know who they are.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

By the way it's not knee jerk either to be raging it's a culmination of totally garbage tactics and displays regardless of wins , losses or draws and Robbie can't see any of the ****ing problems it seems.

There’s a long JKB tradition that you’re only ever accused of a knee-jerk reaction by people too dim to know what a knee-jerk reaction actually is.

Think it might be a posting rule, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

could we sign that guy Duk please. He plays exactly how I'd want a Hearts attacker to play.

He’d end up playing in midfield. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

No doubt he will “stew on it” and then play the same feckin formation next time out. He doesn’t learn

Sad but true 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’d end up playing in midfield. 

He would soon be used as a wingback here

Chillidigits
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s end up playing in midfield. 

I think you're allowed to attack from midfield. This guy is an absolute handful. If we signed him he wouldn't be lining up against us. Win win.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He never really addressed taking Cochrane off. He gave him some back chat and got subbed off. Now he's throwing him under the bus here IMO.

He's lost a lot of them, 100%. Particularly the Aussie boys. Not his mates though. We all know who they are.

Yeah he went straight to the bench and not to Kingsley or near RN. 

Just now, Chillidigits said:

I think you're allowed to attack from midfield. This guy is an absolute handful. If we signed him he wouldn't be lining up against us. Win win.

Good point. He done some good defensive work today as well. Could be doing with more options at centre back and maybe allow us to put McKay up to centre forward. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Are you sure ours are?

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hibs games have the derby factor where anything  can happen. If it ends up 3-0, 3-0 And they're out the Cup. Result. The rest, fine. But this regurgitation of the Hibs games with real relish over what could have happened?. Nah. Sounds weird as **** ona Hearts forum.  But each to their own.

Real relish ? You looking for something that isn't there.

Just pointing out the vast list of things that have gone all season and we are still doing the same and now not getting the undeserved results

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What planet is he on he seems to think we have largely played great this season.For the most part it's been a ****ing right chore.

Any footage yet of James Hill arguing with the fans at the end?

No doubt Robbie will make him captain next week.

Luckies1874
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great player, brilliant signing and will hopefully leave them soon. 

They'll make more from him than we will from any of our attacking players. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Cochrane was all over the shop and deserved to be hooked. Hill wasn’t any better but managed to stay on the field.

A lot of sorting out to do over the next 2 weeks. 

Hopefully Hill’s ego has been taken down a peg or 10 

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What a shit article, no insight or opinion from the Journalist… it just stops after Robbie’s quote.

HeartsandonlyHearts
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Subbing any player before Wee Barrie should be explained 

Really do think Neilson needs to go now. He's doing the whole talking a good game whilst putting all the responsibility onto the players. He talks about us being "miles off", well I'm sorry Robbie but its your ****ing job to make sure we're not miles off. I think he's lost the dressing room. 

I don't know what they're doing at Riccarton, but its not enough. We were 2nd best to everything and there genuinely is no redeeming aspects to todays performance. it was piss poor and not good enough, but that is symptomatic of our entire season, now 3rd is under serious threat and its not because of Europe. Its because we've utterly shat the bed. 

highlandjambo3

Opposition* managers pre match instructions prior to playing us:  “ok boys, we all know they like a slow tippy tappy across the back, midfield almost always play sideways on or backwards , their throw-ins are always slow and usually go back.  So, Press them hard and fast and they will make mistakes we can exploit”

*insert any team here

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Real relish ? You looking for something that isn't there.

Just pointing out the vast list of things that have gone all season and we are still doing the same and now not getting the undeserved results

Solely on Hibs. Oh, if Hibs  had scored early we'd have been ****ed. In a cup tie. Really? I give them **** all. All the possession but nothing through the middle so we picked them off. Only a good save stopped a 4th from Sibbick. Hibs just proved possession isn't everything

Edited by Riccarton3

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What is this first and second contact stuff all about? In fact wtf is he on about generally. He keeps referring to losing an early goal when a slow start has been a feature of most of our games this season. And our absence of even a single shot on target for long stretches of games has also been part of a pattern especially away from home. He speaks as if these things were beyond his control.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What is this first and second contact stuff all about? In fact wtf is he on about generally. He keeps referring to losing an early goal when a slow start has been a feature of most of our games this season. And our absence of even a single shot on target for long stretches of games has also been part of a pattern especially away from home. He speaks as if these things were beyond his control.

Its just bollocks football coaching jargon. 

His team can barely make passes to each other. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Solely on Hibs. Oh, if Hibs  had scored early we'd have been ****ed. In a cup tie. Really? I give them **** all. All the possession but nothing through the middle so we picked them off. Only a good save stopped a 4th from Sibbick.

Leave me alone, that wasn't what I was getting at. Just sayin we have been shite for months, whether we win or not.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Gerry Mallon is the only Board member with any football knowledge given his previous role with NI FA. We've got FoH subs and JA writing a considerable cheque every year. Doesn't seem to be giving is much of an advantage over Hibs and Aberdeen. 

If we manage to scrape 3rd we're going to be 40+ points behind Rangers. Pathetic

Pathetic doesn't come close, we are going backwards which is a travesty given our fantastic support and finances compared to our rivals. 

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

:clap:

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its just bollocks football coaching jargon. 

His team can barely make passes to each other. 

Honestly his media round after the game today would have you thinking we have mostly played great this season - need to get back to where we were blah blah

gorgierulesapply88
25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

image.png.7f95ef8468e00738b11f2ae55e7355b7.png

We've been shite for as long as I can remember! 14 points out of 45 on the road.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Leave me alone, that wasn't what I was getting at. Just sayin we have been shite for months, whether we win or not.

Fair enough. I just don't run down a derby win no matter the circumstances, form or performance. The rest are enough to sent out distress signals without that.  I maybe look at what could have been had we LOST, not after we win.  Sorry if I upset anybody. It's been a tough day. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

They'll make more from him than we will from any of our attacking players. 

Quite possibly 

MarkDevriesScores4

Doesn’t help that a 10 man hibs almost managed a result at Celtic park when we were utterly pumped last week at tynecastle with 11 men against the same team. 

neilson can’t afford many more of these results. 

lose at Kili (which is quite likely) and we’re in trouble. 

gorgierulesapply88

Any highlights yet? Cannae wait to see Cochrane arguing with neilson, and then Hill at the end.

Neilson has lost the dressing room.

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

image.png.7f95ef8468e00738b11f2ae55e7355b7.png

We've been shite for as long as I can remember! 14 points out of 45 on the road.

He's won 9 out of 34 this season and last away from home in the League. 

LogicalEric
38 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

could we sign that guy Duk please. He plays exactly how I'd want a Hearts attacker to play.

Direct, quick and tricky. Cost them the same as we paid for Kio...

37 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

We are getting found out now.

Not played a full decent ninety minutes all season.

Its a piss poor league  and we have huffed and puffed to beat some of the crap but to keep losing the early goals and not seeming to learn ,and our so called great signings look very ordinary management and players need to give themselves a shake some of them have been a disgrace.

15 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Fair enough. I just don't run down a derby win no matter the circumstances, form or performance. The rest are enough to sent out distress signals without that.  I maybe look at what could have been had we LOST, not after we win.  Sorry if I upset anybody. It's been a tough day. 

👍

gorgierulesapply88
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

He's won 9 out of 34 this season and last away from home in the League. 

It's astounding we are where we are!

He was in the stand for a couple games and I thought we played better fitbaw! 

Previously got the impression that Robbie is a little aloof from the squad and lets his coaches work closely to them during the week then he comes in and does a Sir Alex on the Friday? Is this a correct impression? Beginning to worry that he's lost of few in the dressing room...

16 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Doesn’t help that a 10 man hibs almost managed a result at Celtic park when we were utterly pumped last week at tynecastle with 11 men against the same team. 

neilson can’t afford many more of these results. 

lose at Kili (which is quite likely) and we’re in trouble. 

We both achieved the same result this month at Parkhead but you bash on 

gorgierulesapply88
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We both achieved the same result this month at Parkhead but you bash on 

Hibs scored..

heartmussel
49 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

We are getting found out now.

Not played a full decent ninety minutes all season.

Exactly what Ryan Stevenson said weeks ago. Obviously ragin but if we had an Ash Taylor type at the back , Gogic type in the middle of the park and a Nouble/Akinyemi up front we wouldn’t have lost that today. These type of players at least.

56 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Probably play him defensive midfield 

18 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Hibs scored..

Think the comparison is with visits to Glasgow. Ginnelly scored at Parkhead. 

Hibs, again, though, that bit's right

Edited by Riccarton3

This very thread predicted the outcome of this game if we went with that formation. Starting to wonder wtf Neilson thinks it’s going to achieve sticking by it week after week. Says in his own words changing personnel and formation got us in the game, how about starting like that and we’re never out the game in the first place. He needs to admit it worked for a few weeks but now teams know exactly how to play through us so it’s time for a rethink.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

This very thread predicted the outcome of this game if we went with that formation. Starting to wonder wtf Neilson thinks it’s going to achieve sticking by it week after week. Says in his own words changing personnel and formation got us in the game, how about starting like that and we’re never out the game in the first place. He needs to admit it worked for a few weeks but now teams know exactly how to play through us so it’s time for a rethink.

It is utterly ludicrous that at some point he has the veteran at 36, Snodgrass, as the only recognised midfielder on the pitch for a fixture at Pittodrie.  Snodgrass, who he will ****ing ruin after the player being persuaded to join over other options. Whatever people say, he has quality, despite being slow but this quality is being eroded by providing him.with no support.

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

Probably play him defensive midfield 

And make him pass back to CH 90% of the time.

So let me get this right, we are 4 and 5 points ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs respectively who have both had very poor season so far resulting in the sacking of a manager. We meanwhile stagger on with Neilson at the helm because we had a European campaign to navigate and we need to ‘cut him some slack’ as it was very difficult to play Sat. Thursday for several weeks. That is long behind us and what has the team done since - lost to Motherwell 3-0, Celtic 3-0 and 3-1, Rangers 3-0 and Aberdeen 3-0….but more importantly we simply haven’t competed in any of these games. I’ve been at all of them bar today and for the supposedly”third force”in Scottish football we have not turned up for any of these games. Neilson hasn’t learned a thing about formation, tactics etc over these games and today, yet again, we could have gone home before them 30th minute. Anyone and I mean anyone who thinks Neilson can take this team forward is talking out his arse. The Board needs to ‘man up”and remove Neilson, preferably this week,or at the very worst, at the end of the season.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It was 2-0 with over an hour to go when we went to 442 and we were still shite.

We didn't lose because of 343

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Got us in which game? Today?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It is utterly ludicrous that at some point he has the veteran at 36, Snodgrass, as the only recognised midfielder on the pitch for a fixture at Pittodrie.  Snodgrass, who he will ****ing ruin after the player being persuaded to join over other options. Whatever people say, he has quality, despite being slow but this quality is being eroded by providing him.with no support.

Sorry to be pedantic but even he’s not a recognised midfielder really,  having never played there before last September. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic