• King prawn

• Gmcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, GBJambo said:

Sure to **** that’s a back 4 🤦🏻

I thought so but a back 4 of what 

Hill Sibbick Rowels Kingsley ? 

Nielson doesn’t like a back 4 so I doubt it. Which means the other option of Halliday and Forrest at wing back …..

No reason to rest Cochrane as far as I’m aware. To drop him for Kingsley that’s been below average since back seems an unwise decision. As is playing Halliday instead of Kiomourtzoglou in the centre of midfield (two left footers always proves awkward). Also, if there’s one game you want to give Atkinson a run out, it’s this one.

At least three weird decisions for me, but a team that should still win. Hill, Sibbick, Rowles as the three at the back should keep them at bay at least.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Please don’t announce a weird team, please don’t announce a weird team…

It may not be “weird” but I don’t like it on paper. Forrest and McKay together is not two names I wanted to see. Halliday for a bit of bite I get. Prove me wrong Robbie. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Forrest Snoddy Halliday Kingsley 

Shanks    McKay 

Gino 

I'm sure Forrest will be more advanced and Kingsley will be deeper making it more of a 4-4-2 at times.            

This is how I see it too. If they get on top of Snodgrass it could be another tough afternoon in midfield. 

Don’t think Kingsley or McKay deserve a start either. 

Edited by Squirt

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Forrest at wing back. Kingsley at wing back. Halliday midfield. 

Yup.

Grant can't buy a start, Kio not trusted yet, Akka not trusted at all? Humphrys not fit enough to start?

Impossible to tell of course, what with the shitness we caught off Hibs still kicking about...

Still a fairly solid looking lineup though. C'mon the Jambos!

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

3-4-3 with Forrest & Kingsley?

4-4-2 with Hill, Toby,Kye and Kingsley?

Halliday RB?

Who knows :)

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Forrest at wing back. Kingsley at wing back. Halliday midfield. 

That would be logical. 

I wonder if there's a song... 

😉

Why is Grant still here if he never gets a start? How many starts has he had and has he ever had a run of games where he has actually played again the following week. I really don't get it, he offers way more than others with his passing, his tackling and general link up play. In the absence of Devlin you would think he would be given some decent game time. 

Thought one of Kio/ grant would have been starting  today  

Hopefully there’s enough “ legs” in the middle of the park. 

Come on hearts- let’s get a fast start today 

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No reason to rest Cochrane as far as I’m aware. To drop him for Kingsley that’s been below average since back seems an unwise decision. As is playing Halliday instead of Kiomourtzoglou in the centre of midfield (two left footers always proves awkward). Also, if there’s one game you want to give Atkinson a run out, it’s this one.

At least three weird decisions for me, but a team that should still win. Hill, Sibbick, Rowles as the three at the back should keep them at bay at least.

Totally disagree about the two left footers thing. We don't worry about two right footers in there, so why worry about two lefties?

Otherwise, it's impossible to know what's going on with individuals' fitness and illness etc.

But yeah, Kingsley better turn up today!

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Shanks    McKay 

Gino 

I'm sure Forrest will be more advanced and Kingsley will be deeper making it more of a 4-4-2 at times.            

I think that’s a good point. Pretty fluid between 4 and a 3. 

Forrest deserves a start. 

Atkinson and Grant should be furious again, especially Grant. 

Honking midfield. Snodgrass with Halliday in a two is an accident waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, Ski Nae said:

That would be logical. 

I wonder if there's a song... 

😉

The Logical Song. One of my favourite bands👍🏻

I've got 1 spare ticket for the Gorgie end. Don't want any cash for it. I knows its late but I'd rather someone got it

...andFulton'sBaggio
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Still seems another game playing people out of position to fit a system. Thought Atkinson and kio deserved a start. 

If it's a 3-4-3 surely Forrest is the only one technically out of position? And it's not like he's never played there before...

5 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Yup.

Grant can't buy a start, Kio not trusted yet, Akka not trusted at all? Humphrys not fit enough to start?

Impossible to tell of course, what with the shitness we caught off Hibs still kicking about...

Still a fairly solid looking lineup though. C'mon the Jambos!

Atkinson is clearly not trusted. I’m thinking Forrest and Kingsley will be instructed to push high up the park. Could work but I reserve the right to kick right off at 4:45pm if it’s another failed experiment by RN 😀

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

That midfield is going to be slow again

Must be the slowest midfield in the league. Half of KB would beat Halliday/Snoddy in a race.

Meaning there will be a huge gap middle to front. Either that or our 20 goal top scorer will again be asked to be the ‘link’. 

Brilliant.

3 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Totally disagree about the two left footers thing. We don't worry about two right footers in there, so why worry about two lefties?

Otherwise, it's impossible to know what's going on with individuals' fitness and illness etc.

But yeah, Kingsley better turn up today!

It’s just a mirroring thing. Most players are right footed (generally), so when on the ball or not it’s more beneficial to have at least half an area of the pitch as right footed. But when you have two right footers in CM or CB, you’ll find who they are up against more likely to be the same, so it’s easier to shape the body up. Left footers as a pairing tend to be more awkward than right footers.

No science behind this of course, just observational. We saw it against Rangers with Rowles and Kingsley as the CB pairing and also with Halliday and Snodgrass against St. Mirren.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Shanks    McKay 

Gino 

I agree that seems the most likely formation.

Would have preferred to see our actual right back at right back rather than on the bench. He was fine against Livi. Now dropped first for Hill which was a disaster, now for Forrest who looked better further forward.

In midfield Kio came in on Wednesday and looked decent. Now he doesn't get a start either.

Happy enough with front players, but it would have made far more sense to start Kuol today than Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not the team most of us were hoping for. 

He’s determined not to play 3 centre mids presumably because we lose a man in attack. For me, our midfield is so poor without Devlin it’d be worth a go. The two man midfield struggled with Cammy in it at times but without him its cack 

6 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Looks like Robbie’s shoehorning players in again 

That midfield 🤦🏻

That’ll be Shankland playing 50 yards from goal all day long again. And McKay starting again !! 

Stubborn bassa Neilson is becoming. just play a solid midfield 3 FFS and you wouldn’t have to play 3 others out of position 

Edited by JimmyCant

The midfield is a joke but I guess you have to come back to Devlin, Beni and Haring injured. That’s three good players for this level. 

Is Halliday really ahead if Grant in the pecking order? Should he be ahead of Kio in the pecking order? Time will tell but Robbie has made this mistake already of putting Halliday and Snodgrass together in the middle and he is doing it again. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s just a mirroring thing. Most players are right footed (generally), so when on the ball or not it’s more beneficial to have at least half an area of the pitch as right footed. But when you have two right footers in CM or CB, you’ll find who they are up against more likely to be the same, so it’s easier to shape the body up. Left footers as a pairing tend to be more awkward than right footers.

No science behind this of course, just observational. We saw it against Rangers with Rowles and Kingsley as the CB pairing and also with Halliday and Snodgrass against St. Mirren.

Which was absolutely minging.

Just now, hearts00 said:

The midfield is a joke but I guess you have to come back to Devlin, Beni and Haring injured. That’s three good players for this level. 

Is Halliday really ahead if Grant in the pecking order? Should he be ahead of Kio in the pecking order? Time will tell but Robbie has made this mistake already of putting Halliday and Snodgrass together in the middle and he is doing it again. 

Haven’t you learned already? Halliday is ahead of everyone in the pecking order. 

LB, LWB, LW, DM, CAM

Robbie will literally shoehorn him in anywhere at the expense of a better player. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Which was absolutely minging.

Yes. As individuals they have their own merits. But should never be a pairing in the centre of the park. Should be Kiomourtzoglou all day long for me. If not him then Grant. Bringing Halliday in straight after injury (same with Kingsley for that matter) tells me the manager has his favourites and they will play if fit regardless. Which is a shame.

15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Good to see Forrest given another chance from the start at rwb. 

The Halliday/Snodgrass midfield combo is ****ing horrendous though. 

Why can we not play Grant and give him more of a chance,   I'd even prefer to let Kio build on his match time on Wed and see what he can do.   Both Kio and Grant need the opportunity to get more minutes and build their confidence.   Grant in particular has improved us when he's been playing.    Middle of the park is where our issues have been and I'm struggling to see how this resovles it.    Won't be surprised if we see a high press with Snoddy being put under pressure on the ball and us struggling to control the game, hoping to hit on the break.   Really hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I think that’s a good point. Pretty fluid between 4 and a 3. 

Forrest deserves a start. 

Atkinson and Grant should be furious again, especially Grant. 

Honking midfield. Snodgrass with Halliday in a two is an accident waiting to happen. 

Maybe they aren't showing enough in training. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Maybe they aren't showing enough in training. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Atkinson had clearly done enough in training to start last Sunday. And he was no better or worse than anyone else in that game.

Deary me. Give natty a game let him get some confidence up instead of chucking random players in what message does that send. 

Actually quite happy with halliday in beside shoddy should of been there mid week. 

We shall see 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Who knows!

I would have had Grant in the starting lineup for weeks.

Looks like he doesnt fancy him at all, good player. 
Todays team with Halliday in midfield, possibly 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️, ahead of Grant and Kio tells it’s own story. 
Enjoy the game. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Atkinson had clearly done enough in training to start last Sunday. And he was no better or worse than anyone else in that game.

He was fine. I don't get it myself but there must be a reason. 

Kio should've started today as well. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Still seems another game playing people out of position to fit a system. Thought Atkinson and kio deserved a start. 

Atkinson is either still carrying that World Cup injury (doubtful) or Hearts have lost all confidence in him for whatever reason. Hope he can turn it around.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes. As individuals they have their own merits. But should never be a pairing in the centre of the park. Should be Kiomourtzoglou all day long for me. If not him then Grant. Bringing Halliday in straight after injury (same with Kingsley for that matter) tells me the manager has his favourites and they will play if fit regardless. Which is a shame.

Exactly. I like Halliday but not in CM. Kio is a far more mobile option and Grant has far more quality on the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Why can we not play Grant and give him more of a chance,   I'd even prefer to let Kio build on his match time on Wed and see what he can do.   Both Kio and Grant need the opportunity to get more minutes and build their confidence.   Grant in particular has improved us when he's been playing.    Middle of the park is where our issues have been and I'm struggling to see how this resovles it.    Won't be surprised if we see a high press with Snoddy being put under pressure on the ball and us struggling to control the game, hoping to hit on the break.   Really hope I'm wrong.

Looks like Utd will be playing a 3 man midfield with Sibbald, McGrath and Levitt. Snoddy better not have one of those games where he loses possession a lot because they will be all over it like a rash.

10 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree that seems the most likely formation.

Would have preferred to see our actual right back at right back rather than on the bench. He was fine against Livi. Now dropped first for Hill which was a disaster, now for Forrest who looked better further forward.

In midfield Kio came in on Wednesday and looked decent. Now he doesn't get a start either.

Happy enough with front players, but it would have made far more sense to start Kuol today than Wednesday.

Natty is a better RWB than Forrest IMO and needs game time.   We can't even give him a start against bottom of the league United at home - there appears to be very little hope for him and not sure how he develops his game and his confidence under RN.   Most likely, that ship as sailed.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Exactly. I like Halliday but not in CM. Kio is a far more mobile option and Grant has far more quality on the ball. 

Looks like Utd will be playing a 3 man midfield with Sibbald, McGrath and Levitt. Snoddy better not have one of those games where he loses possession a lot because they will be all over it like a rash.

Snoddy is quality and I think his game is sufforing due to lack of options and quality around him, sadly.   I don't think we can play Snoddy in a system that leaves him so exposed and he ends up playing far too deep, which only enhances the risk of a stray pass becoming a dangerous one for us.

22 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Interesting team. Could be either a 3-4-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Just have to wait and see.

Correct, change if need be we should be pumping them today.