• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• King prawn

• Gmcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the state of our last two performances, we really need to step it up.

We should be expecting nothing less than a comfortable win, against a team bottom of the league.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, you have to wonder why hes been played as an 8 a few times recently?

I think Neilson is trying to get someone as technically good on the ball nearer to Snodgrass who is getting targeted by the opposition press.

I don't think it suits McKay as, ironically, his instinct is to just play or run forwards and quite often hits a brick wall in front of him.

Snodgrass is playing two or three passes ahead. He knows you sometimes have to go around rather than through.

I think McKay lives more in the moment. It's a different footballing brain I guess.

Bit of wind and rain today it looks like.   Could get tough but we'll win it by a goal or two.   

:flag1: Come on Hearts!

11 players and some subs.    Lets get it done. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think he closes down and chases back more than enough.

Just as much as guys like Gino for example,  probably more.

Going in for  challenges was more in reference to the arse next to me.

I think Gino chases along the defensive line more than McKay however he does have more pace and can be guilty of not always tracking back.

But as I said McKay for me doesn't close down opposition wide right players quickly enough.

Maybe he is doing what he is told of course but from my perspective I would like to see him work a bit harder in that area.

After all he hardly ever plays a full game before being subbed.

11 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

I think Neilson is trying to get someone as technically good on the ball nearer to Snodgrass who is getting targeted by the opposition press.

I don't think it suits McKay as, ironically, his instinct is to just play or run forwards and quite often hits a brick wall in front of him.

Snodgrass is playing two or three passes ahead. He knows you sometimes have to go around rather than through.

I think McKay lives more in the moment. It's a different footballing brain I guess.

Very true. I think McKay doesn't really know what he is going to do next whereas Snodgrass does but sometimes his team-mates don't help him with their lack of movement to take the passes he wants to make.

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They let themselves down in that game.

Hopefully 3 points and a good performance, but "owe", imo folk are way to precious.

We could debate the symbiotic relationship between a football team and it's fans but maybe some other time. My breakfast is cooking. 🙂

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

We could debate the symbiotic relationship between a football team and it's fans but maybe some other time. My breakfast is cooking. 🙂

It's lunchtime!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think Gino chases along the defensive line more than McKay however he does have more pace and can be guilty of not always tracking back.

But as I said McKay for me doesn't close down opposition wide right players quickly enough.

Maybe he is doing what he is told of course but from my perspective I would like to see him work a bit harder in that area.

After all he hardly ever plays a full game before being subbed.

I'd like to see the distance ran and where McKay sits in comparison to the squad.

Imo he doe as much back tracking and work as anybody else in his position. 

I can't find it.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well said. I would begin that run of games today. 

👍:)

The middle aged Scottish football fan really can be  hilarious  sometimes, there is an absolute slaver of a man, about 55-60 who screams at Mckay for trying " poofy wee flicks "

:rofl:

1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

Against Celtic in the 3-4 game, he was a great creative outlet cutting in from the left. He linked with Snodgrass and Devlin brilliantly. It seemed to go unnoticed though as people were only looking for errors...

He was very good in that game

45 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They let themselves down in that game.

You could've stated this the first time. tbh

I'm feeling a wee bit flat today.

Bit entitled maybe .

Hope the team cheers me up .

I really hope the players are not going to sulk.

That our job.

Let's give this sorry excuse of a mob a hiding please.

And back to being solid at the back.

Ricardo Quaresma

So, any news of what this 'bug' was, or still is? Was it there before ER, or did we catch something from those stinkpots?

34 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

100% agree.  Good post.  Snoddy needs someone like Cammy to  back him.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, any news of what this 'bug' was, or still is? Was it there before ER, or did we catch something from those stinkpots?

A dose of being shit seems the likely bug picked up from Easter Road.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Ked said:

A dose of being shit seems the likely bug picked up from Easter Road.

Certainly looks that way, especially the timing of the 'bug'

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I do not think McKay tries any less in big games , I just think it is a simple matter of the moves he attempts being against better players so they do not come off as regularly . I think we as fans have a tendency to over think these things and I definitely do not think he hides either 

I think there's a confidence issue as well

22 minutes ago, Ked said:

Bit entitled maybe .

That our job.

4-0 Easy!  

:yas: 

:flagwave:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, spacerjoe said:

Spot on, why not play Grant? 

Yeah.

These types are clueless tho.

Usually overweight, middle aged men that are angry with life.

Usually red in face and foaming.

Speaking as one of the above (slightly older) the most keech I hear is from twenty something, middle class ******s who do a running commentary/analysis of the game when they know fekkbuggerall about football .

Mind you I have a middle-aged , depressive behind me who sucks the life out of every game

Need to ditch this 3-4-3 system and play a 4-2-3-1 or good old 4-4-2.

Clark

Smith/Atkinson if Smith not fit.

Cochrane

Sibbick 

Rowles 

Snodgrass

Devlin/kio if not fit.

Gino

McKay

Shankland

Kuol.

Just go for it none of this negative passes back to the back 4 or gk and get it wide and have their defence on the back foot.

Agree with change of system 3-4-3 is quite often 5-2-3 with the midfield getting over run, no helping either the defence or attack. McKay and Ginnley are next to useless when we dont have the ball and don't help the midfield out. Change shape and bring in an extra body into midfield 

19 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Hopefully we’ll bounce back with a good performance today. I’ll go for 3-1 (Shankland 2 and Gino)

:flag2::flag2::flag2:

It'll never be that. I have 3-1 Hearts on my score predictor and I am putting a wee wager on Ginnelly(if he starts) to score. So that's that sunk. 😄

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Speaking as one of the above (slightly older) the most keech I hear is from twenty something, middle class ******s who do a running commentary/analysis of the game when they know fekkbuggerall about football .

Mind you I have a middle-aged , depressive behind me who sucks the life out of every game

Aye, they're annoying,  but the ones I described shouting "punt it","get it forward" and shouting abuse at our own are just the pits.

They should **** off and make room for someone else tbh.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Bit entitled maybe .

That our job.

:robboyas:

Corstorphine Jambo

It seems unlikely we will change from a back 3. In any event, personally I’d want Snodgrass, Grant and one more in the middle. I think Devlin would compliment that pair best. We need to get that midfield ticking 

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Agree with change of system 3-4-3 is quite often 5-2-3 with the midfield getting over run, no helping either the defence or attack. McKay and Ginnley are next to useless when we dont have the ball and don't help the midfield out. Change shape and bring in an extra body into midfield 

Need to revert to our standard and successful 3-4-3 IMO.

At Livi we switched to long ball due to the pitch and then gambled on a completely different set up on Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I agree with you. You only fully see what is happening with the formation when you are actually at the game. It's harder to see it on the TV. At the home game against Fiorentina I had a really good seat right at the half way line so I could get a good look at everything that was going on. The two central midfielders were left horribly exposed the whole night. They were essentially left to cover the whole midfield themselves. I already had reservations in my mind about 3-4-3 but after seeing it that night I was done with it. 

I would like to see us play with a back four because I just don't believe we have a natural wing back in our squad. Smith doesn't have the legs, Atkinson doesn't do the defensive side well enough, Cochrane and Kingsley are better full backs than wing backs. Robbie seems pretty married to his 3-4-3 though so we may not get a change of system for a wee while yet.

Edited by No Idle Talk

37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, why not play Grant? 

Who knows!

I would have had Grant in the starting lineup for weeks.

1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Forrest Snoddy Halliday Kingsley 

Shanks    McKay 

Gino 

I'm sure Forrest will be more advanced and Kingsley will be deeper making it more of a 4-4-2 at times.