The Hearts Ultras ( merged )

No Idle Talk

Was great last night my 11 year old was joining in singing  along with the bucket hat on and loved every minute of the game. The new songs are really good ! 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• This is My Story Podcast

• been here before

• Wee Mikey

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

What a difference the boys are making to games. Away games have been class although a bit messy in terms of too many people in the section, folk gathering round the ultras etc but it’s helping create a class atmosphere. The boys have registered as a proper supporters club now so that they can hopefully get more organised and can self police better at away games to avoid any “thur not in thur seats” aggro. Having the drum and megaphone last night helped drown out the few “hullo hullo” attempts at the start of the game, something that they didn’t have on Saturday as the police took both off them outside the ground. Massive well done has to go to the fans not in the “ultras” as well for getting behind the boys and for joining in getting the atmosphere going. Superb to see what our support can do when behind something. Bouncing. 

As a side note cause I’ve seen a few comments on the behaviour of the “ultras”. The official “ultras” wear black hoodies with the acid face and laurel leaf. This means they can self police themselves and can identify anyone in the group doing anything that will harm the group’s reputation. Folk wearing the maroon and navy jumpers, tee shirts with the acid man logo aren’t part of the ultras group as it stands. The boys are working hard to make sure they grow the right reputation amongst the fans and with the club, they can’t stop people singing hullo hullo but they certainly won’t be encouraging folk to do so or joining in. 

First time in a long time, it feels like the fanbase are all on the same page with trying to get the atmosphere better. Now we just need a plan for Tynecastle. 

🇱🇻♥️

Have you heard any word on whether the club are on board with trying to accommodate them in a section? Obviously space isn’t at a premium in Tynecastle at the moment but its clear that all the support is on board and the players and management are loving the support.

Tricky situation having to move others to accommodate but need to move with the times, Tynecastle could be transformed atmosphere wise with a bit coordination.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Have you heard any word on whether the club are on board with trying to accommodate them in a section? Obviously space isn’t at a premium in Tynecastle at the moment but its clear that all the support is on board and the players and management are loving the support.

Tricky situation having to move others to accommodate but need to move with the times, Tynecastle could be transformed atmosphere wise with a bit coordination.

Not sure how tricky a situation it is in all honesty. It's pretty much a business decision the Club need to consider in the same way as anything else. Anyone who moves seat because they don't want to remain in a designated Ultra area can take comfort in that it's for the greater good of the Club.

4 minutes ago, pablo said:

Not sure how tricky a situation it is in all honesty. It's pretty much a business decision the Club need to consider in the same way as anything else. Anyone who moves seat because they don't want to remain in a designated Ultra area can take comfort in that it's for the greater good of the Club.

They should go in Section N. 

This is My Story Podcast
13 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

The club have been class. The ultras have met with Budge, McKinley and Gerry from

the FoH. They’ve had meetings with Garry Halliday and Gary Locke trying to build bridges between the group and the club so we can all work together to make something work. 

We are in the lucky position as a club in that we have sold out of season tickets but as you said, that makes it difficult to create any space or section for an ultras group without having to look at moving people out of sections. I think if the club looked at a reclassification of areas in the stadium as a whole, it would work better than just moving people out to move people in, if that makes sense. The other hurdle to get over is that the ultras got about 2300 names and customer ref numbers from fans saying they’d move to any new ultras section, almost enough folk to fill the full Gorgie. The club have been great tho with everyone. They want tynecastle to have an atmosphere as much as us. Just got to make sure what ever happens works for everyone and doesn’t cause any friction between the fan base. 

This is My Story Podcast
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Too close to the away section. Too close to the away entrance. In my opinion. Plus, N all ready has an atmosphere as does G. 

The Gorgie makes the most sense as it’s the opposite of the stadium and avoids any “aggro”. It also makes it easier to police everyone into the ground minimising the chance for trouble. We could also look at repurposing the Gorgie suite into some form of fan zone like they do on the continent. The Gorgie would be best for tifo displays and flags etc as well. 

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Too close to the away section. Too close to the away entrance. In my opinion. Plus, N all ready has an atmosphere as does G. 

The Gorgie makes the most sense as it’s the opposite of the stadium and avoids any “aggro”. It also makes it easier to police everyone into the ground minimising the chance for trouble. We could also look at repurposing the Gorgie suite into some form of fan zone like they do on the continent. The Gorgie would be best for tifo displays and flags etc as well. 

Hadn't actually realised the number of people interested. I had assumed it would be a couple of hundred teenagers at most.

5 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

How many in N or G would want to be in the Ultra section anyway? Might make for less moves. I do accept the club/police might not want it as close to the away end though. 

I can't see the club sacrificing the Gorgie Suite for a fanzone. . 

8 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

No way the club will give up the Gorgie Suite IMO, too big a cash generator, at the last Killie game it was bursting at the seams at £145 a pop. 

This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

No way the club will give up the Gorgie Suite IMO, too big a cash generator, at the last Killie game it was bursting at the seams at £145 a pop. 

With europe this season the Gorgie Suite hasn’t been anywhere near as popular as other seasons. With the hotel and the finishing of the hospitality spaces in the main stand, the Gorgie suite fanzone isn’t as mad an idea as it sounds. The club also don’t enjoy “away fans” sitting amongst home fans, especially Old Firm games etc. I agree tho that what ever happens, it’s not an easy decision. Open the Gorgie suite as a fanzone, get decent tables, long tables like the darts, telly’s, a DJ, a bottle bar, drinks stalls and ram it with 1000 folk every match day……it could be a real money spinner itself. 

This is My Story Podcast
14 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hadn't actually realised the number of people interested. I had assumed it would be a couple of hundred teenagers at most.

The numbers and interest has been huge. The ultras sold over 500 hoodies in 48 hours. The site was that busy that they had to close the store. They done a survey monkey just to sense check the support around the idea of an ultras group, the survey got over 6k returns. 2300 folk have names and ref numbers saying they’d move. They’ve got over 3300 followers on Twitter now and a discord chat that grows daily. This ultras group is on the verge of becoming one of the biggest ultras groups in the UK. They just need a home in Tynecastle. One that generates an atmosphere. Allows them to do displays. And keeps them as far away from

trouble as possible. 

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nah - that’s where the huns songs start from. Don’t want anything to do with that 

Isn't section G the family stand? Or is it just the upper G?

I say move with the times and have the entire Gorgie stand as a designated ultras stand and warn anyone buying tickets there that it's going to be boisterous. Look at the European ultras, they have huge displays that cover entire stands etc. We keep saying we want to be a European club so why not act like it?

3 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The numbers and interest has been huge. The ultras sold over 500 hoodies in 48 hours. The site was that busy that they had to close the store. They done a survey monkey just to sense check the support around the idea of an ultras group, the survey got over 6k returns. 2300 folk have names and ref numbers saying they’d move. They’ve got over 3300 followers on Twitter now and a discord chat that grows daily. This ultras group is on the verge of becoming one of the biggest ultras groups in the UK. They just need a home in Tynecastle. One that generates an atmosphere. Allows them to do displays. And keeps them as far away from

trouble as possible. 

That's insane numbers!

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

trouble as possible. 

The Gorgie ultras have been a breath of fresh air this season.  People thinking this is a few teenagers need to have word, this is a movement of a major part of our support which is inspiring a younger generation. I bought hoodies and t-shirts for my 10 year old nephew for his Xmas and he was buzzing as he sees himself as a “Gorgie Ultra”  seen plenty of the hoodies at the game last night aswell. 

Gorgie stand next season would be class, we need these guys behind the goals and give them the platform for their Tifos etc. 

1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

It sounds like a trivial thing but it does matter just now as the group tries to establish itself. The pyro and hullo hullo hasn’t come from the group, they are doing their best to make sure that they don’t score any own goals so to speak with doing anything daft that will turn the fanbase and or the club against them. 

Definitely not trivial!

I feel it's important for the group to get the message across that this is something different. It's not just that all those that usually sing at games have got together and are now sitting together at games making the same noise we've done for years (which attracts the casual Hullo Hullo singer).

This feels to me more organised, fans with a real enthusiasm for vociferously supporting the club at games, but also enhancing the community work the club do, and being a real link between the club and the support. You mentioned supporters club, that feels like a pretty good description.

Hopefully they keep it going and it grows to be a real game changer for the support, and the club.

Also, hopefully by wearing the black hoodies, the group won't be blamed for the actions of others by the support or the club.

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Nah - that’s where the huns songs start from. Don’t want anything to do with that 

Section N is where most of them are based already. 

This is My Story Podcast
5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The Gorgie ultras have been a breath of fresh air this season.  People thinking this is a few teenagers need to have word, this is a movement of a major part of our support which is inspiring a younger generation. I bought hoodies and t-shirts for my 10 year old nephew for his Xmas and he was buzzing as he sees himself as a “Gorgie Ultra”  seen plenty of the hoodies at the game last night aswell. 

Gorgie stand next season would be class, we need these guys behind the goals and give them the platform for their Tifos etc. 

Yas! That’s class to hear. Buzzing the wee guy feels part of it. We saw a couple of young lads outside the ground with the hoodies on waiting to get into the stadium, they were buzzing when a few of the ultras stopped to talk to them and say they liked their tops haha. 

It defo feels like the beginning of a movement. Fans have been class with the ultras, getting involved and getting the tunes to carry round the sections. The 10 minutes after the final whistle last night was superb. 

3 hours ago, Skinny Milinkovic said:

Haha okay lads, just here as an interloper you caught me. Unfortunate reality at Tannadice I'm afraid, please continue to call me a Hibby for calling things as I see it. 

:rofl:

Hibsed it!! You really are wonderful rivals. 

4 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

What a difference the boys are making to games. Away games have been class although a bit messy in terms of too many people in the section, folk gathering round the ultras etc but it’s helping create a class atmosphere. The boys have registered as a proper supporters club now so that they can hopefully get more organised and can self police better at away games to avoid any “thur not in thur seats” aggro. Having the drum and megaphone last night helped drown out the few “hullo hullo” attempts at the start of the game, something that they didn’t have on Saturday as the police took both off them outside the ground. Massive well done has to go to the fans not in the “ultras” as well for getting behind the boys and for joining in getting the atmosphere going. Superb to see what our support can do when behind something. Bouncing. 

As a side note cause I’ve seen a few comments on the behaviour of the “ultras”. The official “ultras” wear black hoodies with the acid face and laurel leaf. This means they can self police themselves and can identify anyone in the group doing anything that will harm the group’s reputation. Folk wearing the maroon and navy jumpers, tee shirts with the acid man logo aren’t part of the ultras group as it stands. The boys are working hard to make sure they grow the right reputation amongst the fans and with the club, they can’t stop people singing hullo hullo but they certainly won’t be encouraging folk to do so or joining in. 

First time in a long time, it feels like the fanbase are all on the same page with trying to get the atmosphere better. Now we just need a plan for Tynecastle. 

🇱🇻♥️

Sounds good mate.

Would be great to have a proper section at Tynecastle where fans know if they get seats nearby it will be a noisier section. Would make sense to be G or N of course as we already get a great atmosphere from both of those.

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

With europe this season the Gorgie Suite hasn’t been anywhere near as popular as other seasons. With the hotel and the finishing of the hospitality spaces in the main stand, the Gorgie suite fanzone isn’t as mad an idea as it sounds. The club also don’t enjoy “away fans” sitting amongst home fans, especially Old Firm games etc. I agree tho that what ever happens, it’s not an easy decision. Open the Gorgie suite as a fanzone, get decent tables, long tables like the darts, telly’s, a DJ, a bottle bar, drinks stalls and ram it with 1000 folk every match day……it could be a real money spinner itself. 

That would be class. 

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

If we can't repurpose the Gorgie ( which I love and use when I manage to get home) how about bigging up the 1874 bar on match days. All the stuff you mentioned with a walkway into the Gorgie stand?

2 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron's vlog from last night, enjoy

My oldest was looking for him last night said he seen him on the way in. Always watches and I think secretly wants to feature in one of these videos! 

24 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

If we can't repurpose the Gorgie ( which I love and use when I manage to get home) how about bigging up the 1874 bar on match days. All the stuff you mentioned with a walkway into the Gorgie stand?

Too small I reckon , it is always rammed and it takes ages to get served at the bar most times any way . Since there has been access to the PR bar I never use it any more . Gorgie Suite sounds like a great idea if they can pull it off . Would maybe pop in for a couple my self as I enjoy fan zones . Been to a few at other clubs and leagues and they are a good way of getting the atmosphere up ahead of a match 

3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yas! That’s class to hear. Buzzing the wee guy feels part of it. We saw a couple of young lads outside the ground with the hoodies on waiting to get into the stadium, they were buzzing when a few of the ultras stopped to talk to them and say they liked their tops haha. 

It defo feels like the beginning of a movement. Fans have been class with the ultras, getting involved and getting the tunes to carry round the sections. The 10 minutes after the final whistle last night was superb. 

I’m one of the 2300 mate. I sit up the back in Section F and I’d move into the Gorgie in a heartbeat if that was the plan. I used to sit on the floodlight pylon in the shed in the mid 80’s cos I was too wee to see the game. Love a sing song. Please make it happen Hearts 👍🏻

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, 151 said:

Sounds good mate.

Would be great to have a proper section at Tynecastle where fans know if they get seats nearby it will be a noisier section. Would make sense to be G or N of course as we already get a great atmosphere from both of those.

It wouldn't really. As it stands, there's practically nothing from the Gorgie end of the ground. And it's harder to police when it's right beside the away support or where the visiting substitutes warm up.

I think it's been pretty well advertised that the hierarchy would prefer anything like this to not be beside the away support.

Worthing Jambo
2 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Could they put up a song lyrics thread? I can't make out some of them so can't join in 🙂

Put them up on the big screens!😀

6 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

🇱🇻♥️

Really exciting watching this grow, its good to know that there is self policing and hopefully something that is being strongly emphasised with the club re in trying to get an Ultras section going. IIRC there was something like this attempted a few years back but fell away due to the behaviour being at odds with what Budge was trying to do? (or something along those lines vaguely). Its really good to see it taking off, and I'm sure its making the world of difference on the field. I think putting in a lacklustre performance is easier with a fairly dead support behind you. Having such a strong and vocal support behind the players can only lift them and push them to be at their best! 

4 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron's vlog from last night, enjoy

Great video, I love these. Being a fan overseas I don't get to many matches so it's great to sample the atmosphere. Another thing I've noticed since the Ultras have started is just how much the players appreciate it and always acknowledge the fans after a match. This is hopefully turning into something very special and by the sounds of things it's growing at a fast pace. Hopefully in time the whole Gorgie end will be a Gorgie Kop. KEEP IT UP EVERYONE 

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

It wouldn't really. As it stands, there's practically nothing from the Gorgie end of the ground. And it's harder to police when it's right beside the away support or where the visiting substitutes warm up.

I think it's been pretty well advertised that the hierarchy would prefer anything like this to not be beside the away support.

Would be equally problematic if you put it in the family section surely. Unless they relocated the family section to somewhere in the Wheatfield as i'm sure the pricing has to be less for family areas so that would probably rule the main stand out.

5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

With you on this one👍

5 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

trouble as possible. 

Surely the club can sort something out. Sounds really promising. 

The Hogfather
25 minutes ago, 151 said:

Would be equally problematic if you put it in the family section surely. Unless they relocated the family section to somewhere in the Wheatfield as i'm sure the pricing has to be less for family areas so that would probably rule the main stand out.

The rumours are that Hearts will offer relocated supporters seating at the same price they're currently paying.

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Isn't section G the family stand? Or is it just the upper G?

I say move with the times and have the entire Gorgie stand as a designated ultras stand and warn anyone buying tickets there that it's going to be boisterous. Look at the European ultras, they have huge displays that cover entire stands etc. We keep saying we want to be a European club so why not act like it?

I've sat in Upper G for 20 years and never have I heard it branded a family zone. Could count on one hand the number of kids sitting in G. Lower G was the section closed a few years ago so nor sure why you thought it was a family zone tbh

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

The rumours are that Hearts will offer relocated supporters seating at the same price they're currently paying.

That sounds good but wouldn't that only be able to be the case for like 1 season? 

And isn't it the "family stand". We would need another designated family area.

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, 151 said:

That sounds good but wouldn't that only be able to be the case for like 1 season? 

And isn't it the "family stand". We would need another designated family area.

I don't believe there's any characteristic of the Gorgie Stand that makes it any more of a family stand than any of the others.

13 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

I've sat in Upper G for 20 years and never have I heard it branded a family zone. Could count on one hand the number of kids sitting in G. Lower G was the section closed a few years ago so nor sure why you thought it was a family zone tbh

I'm talking shite, got mixed up with G and W

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

I don't believe there's any characteristic of the Gorgie Stand that makes it any more of a family stand than any of the others.

I didn't think so either, sat there a handful of times and didn't really notice anything.

I was more just unsure on if clubs had to offer a 'family stand' or area for folk with young children where abusive language etc can be monitored by stewards sort of thing. I wasn't sure.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, 151 said:

I didn't think so either, sat there a handful of times and didn't really notice anything.

I was more just unsure on if clubs had to offer a 'family stand' or area for folk with young children where abusive language etc can be monitored by stewards sort of thing. I wasn't sure.

My first season ticket was in Z (albeit a good few years ago now) and the behaviour didn't seem all that different to that in the Wheatfield, Main (old and new) or Roseburn. I don't think it would be that hard to re-designate another part of the stadium as a 'family' section.

40 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm talking shite, got mixed up with G and W

My old boy couldn't be anywhere near a family enclosure with hus chat lol

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd love to know the words to the Toby Sibbick song.

Someone can correct me if wrong...

I'll love you 'til my heart breaks,

He loves the ****ing Gorgie,

He turned the Hibees down,

Toby Sibbick

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I love you till my heart breaks

He loves the ****ing Gorgie

He turned the Hibees doowwwnnnnnnn

Toby Sibbick 

I think 😂

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I agree that be a good idea, other ends of the stadium it’s hard to work out, maybe a lot more would contribute to the atmosphere if there was more info on song lyrics 

40 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cheers. I think I recognise the tune but can't figure out what the original song is. Great song, BTW.

It's a Heartbreak by Bonnie Tyler.

• davemclaren changed the title to The Hearts Ultras ( merged )