***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

2 hours ago, leginten said:

John Beaton being given a game at Ibrox where the beleaguered home team desperately needs a win? I’m shocked, I tell you.

*Scurries off to check odds on red card for Hearts*

This all day long

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

The 3 boys in the Aussie squad might be boost to the team before this game.  Maybe I'm making too much of it but personally, I'm delighted.

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

3 games in 6 days?

Fair point. But then no games in 35 days and it's not like he has played in the European matches.

Edited by Luckies1874

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Fair point. But then no games in 35 days and it's not like he has played in the European matches.

I agree mate, strongest team then take the rest 

12 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Swap Kio for Snoddy and I’m onboard with this team👍. Don’t think you could leave RS out after Sunday 

Absolutely, total brain fart on my part.

3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

How are you leaving Snodgrass out after Sunday? 

Because I flat forgot about him. Snoddy to start instead of Kio.

5 hours ago, leginten said:

John Beaton being given a game at Ibrox where the beleaguered home team desperately needs a win? I’m shocked, I tell you.

*Scurries off to check odds on red card for Hearts*

may as well chuck in a Rangers penalty 🙂 

If games go against us over tonight and tomorrow we could be in seventh place before the Livi game. incredibly tight and I'm hoping for a lot of draws.

I see the kiss of death has been issued by the board. They say they are backing Gio......for now. 
That is code for “ One more bad result and the axe is falling”. 
Should we win I think he is done. Maybe even a draw might do it as that would put them quite far behind their twins. 

Bazzas right boot

Kent and Morelos will score.

Chuck in a likely Tavenier pk as well.

Gonna need to at least score 3 or 4 to win.

The logical score prediction is  6-3 Hearts.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass Halliday

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Rowles in for Grant is the only change I’d make. I fancy us to get at least a draw here. Bring them on.

Aberdeen Livingston - draw

Hibs County - county win

Motherwell Celtic - Celtic win

Dundee United Killie - doesn’t matter 

St Mirren St Johnstone - draw

would be the best set of results for us 

I'd have been a lot more optimistic about this one had St Johnstone not beaten them... they're coming into this one with something to prove and surely Gio must be feeling the flames under his arse. That being said, this Rangers squad is definitely not worthy of their reputation. Hope we can press them and keep the game fast flowing.

I'd expect around 3 changes given that was a tough battle on Sunday.

I know Mackay has seemed like he'll never be dropped but I think there's a big chance Forrest will start tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

I see the kiss of death has been issued by the board. They say they are backing Gio......for now. 
That is code for “ One more bad result and the axe is falling”. 
Should we win I think he is done. Maybe even a draw might do it as that would put them quite far behind their twins. 

I think we're going to win this.

Just like Villa capitulated to ensure Gerrard went, I feel Rangers could fall apart under this pressure.

Or we lose 5-0. One of the two.

1 minute ago, spacerjoe said:

Just like Villa capitulated to ensure Gerrard went, I feel Rangers could fall apart under this pressure.

image.png.0f8d8b934efed73e42b4039cc475222e.png

PPV £9.99  - for whatever reason I can stream this to my TV but not hesgoal. Don’t like giving the huns money but seeing the jambos on a big screen is my priority! 

7 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Working in the west tomorrow so will have the car. 

Where is best to get parked?

One of my mates is a big Hun fan unfortunately!

He recommended Broomloan Road for away fans, there's parking on the road or wee car parks in businesses in the area some of them may charge a fiver. 

First time Ive drove in so that's where we are heading.

The Huns will definitely get a penalty with brother Beaton taking the whistle. Get your money on and once again we’re  playing 12 men in the weeg. Why should we be surprised? Our luck has to change one day

and hopefully tomorrow night as It’s the only reason I attend hunbrox and the tattiedome.

Be just my luck to miss one and we beat them. Missed the last time we won at smelltic so I force myself to attend due to my blind faith. Please let’s not shit the bed after 5 mins. 

Exile fae Main Street

Several posters saying Morelos will score Huns will get a Penalty; we'll have a player red-carded.....all correct!

Hope I'm wrong....I usually am where Missus is involved she's ALWAYS right...bit like VAR....wonder how often that'll be in play the morn's night?

53 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

We will probably drop our drawers at Harthill, lose by 3 or 4 and Morelos will score.

Hope I'm wrong

Why ?

Win tomorrow. Go third. Only 6 points behind Rangers.

Celtic win and Rangers are 10 points behind with a massively inferior goal difference. Title race over.

With the quality of our squad and the boys coming back from injury combined with an implosion at Ibrox and second place is a realistic target.

Vital that we go there with belief, don't concede in the first half hour, don't give the ref even the glimmer of an opportunity to show a red card.

Win. Then follow it up with a really professional performance on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, number-16 said:

If we can win tomorrow we'll go clear in third, only six points of Rangers.

Gives us something to play for.

And our next 9 league games after that are all very winable

1 hour ago, Jambro77 said:

One of my mates is a big Hun fan unfortunately!

He recommended Broomloan Road for away fans, there's parking on the road or wee car parks in businesses in the area some of them may charge a fiver. 

First time Ive drove in so that's where we are heading.

Thank you. I’ll head there. 

11 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

How are you leaving Snodgrass out after Sunday? 

No chance he will definitely be playing 

We are winning this or a draw nobody more pessimistic than me when we play in Glasgow but can see a result here 

2 hours ago, number-16 said:

If we can win tomorrow we'll go clear in third, only six points of Rangers.

Gives us something to play for.

The fact your saying this proves we are a lot more optimistic than usual 

This squad we have is good very good just need to get a settled side formation and we should stroll third or even second 

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass Halliday

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Rowles in for Grant is the only change I’d make. I fancy us to get at least a draw here. Bring them on.

Exactly this

7 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

It's funny, it really does feel like both an extreme doing and a comfortable away win are both real possibilities, doesn't it?

3 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Win tomorrow. Go third. Only 6 points behind Rangers.

Celtic win and Rangers are 10 points behind with a massively inferior goal difference. Title race over.

With the quality of our squad and the boys coming back from injury combined with an implosion at Ibrox and second place is a realistic target.

Vital that we go there with belief, don't concede in the first half hour, don't give the ref even the glimmer of an opportunity to show a red card.

Win. Then follow it up with a really professional performance on Saturday.

Win both, Celtic could very likely horse Rangers on the weekend, and we're 3 out of second.

First one's the tricky one, of course. . .

How anyone can see anything other than a defeat (most likely a heavy one) is beyond me.

What on earth is going to change tonight? We will shit our pants as per usual. 

Will be a waste of petrol money and washing powder as per usual.

Allowayjambo1874
On 07/11/2022 at 21:47, Armageddon said:

Where’s best to park?
Not been there for 25 years 🥴

10 hours ago, SectionN said:

Working in the west tomorrow so will have the car. 

Where is best to get parked?

I have parked in broomloan road before and getting away afterwards was a nightmare. Paisley Road West is a shout if you are through early enough or if you are ok with a walk, around Bellahouston park area there will be plenty of available parking. ( if you park at that latter after the match you will be quicker jumping on to the m77 northbound then picking up the m8 rather than fighting through the traffic to get on to the m8)

Edited by Allowayjambo1874
Spelling

Unlike i8, I'm now seeing us as favourites tomorrow.  This is an awful time for Rangers and we are in a great position to take full advantage.

They have been humiliated in Europe, beaten by St Johnstone and barring a miracle have already lost the league.

A strong committed perforformance will see us complete an overdue win.

8 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Beaten or Madden v Rangers and Collum v Celtic typical.

No one outside of Scotland would believe the carve up that hapoens with Scottish referees chosen to referee their favourite teams. Why not the other way around tonight? 

6 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Exactly this

Smith first 45 mins at the very most. His legs won’t last 90 through there. Natty to play the full second as MS has played a lot of games recently. Natty offers more going forward but Smith a better defender and reads the game better.

Tough call for Robbie as he’ll be wanting to stick the knife in a bit deeper to the Hun. He has to go for the 3 points considering how the games ended in our favour last night.

A free hit so let make it count. FTR

Captain Sausage
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Unlike i8, I'm now seeing us as favourites tomorrow.  This is an awful time for Rangers and we are in a great position to take full advantage.

They have been humiliated in Europe, beaten by St Johnstone and barring a miracle have already lost the league.

A strong committed perforformance will see us complete an overdue win.

The bookies disagree. 

861F6070-6F8E-4BC5-A9B6-E381A9F98E54.jpeg

Hopefully we play to win rather than not to lose. Not sure how we'll be set up but we can take confidence from recent league outings. Reckon it will be 1-1. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

How anyone can see anything other than a defeat (most likely a heavy one) is beyond me.

What on earth is going to change tonight? We will shit our pants as per usual. 

Will be a waste of petrol money and washing powder as per usual.

Forever the optimist again I see i8. You’ve obviously missed our last 3 games and our injured returning to the ranks that give us some belief, optimism and encouragement. Not to mention the vocal backing from the diehards and foot soldiers who’ll be there regardless of the result.

Whilst a I’ll be in attendance along with the other 900, you’ll be able  to make yourself a nice cup of tea with a hobnob  as you sit down to watch your soaps. Watching Hearts isn’t for you these days even though you like to post the odd controversial post or ten these days.

Hope Robbie pulls it out tue bag even if to shut you up 👍