• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

Play with the same intensity and we’ll get something. Would love it to be 3 points. We owe them payback for the home fixture and they’re vulnerable just now with their confidence at a low point.  Nothing to fear here and please have a go. 

Does anyone know if we’ve sold out our end? 

We could definitely get something here. We should be confident and I can’t see us sitting back. Robbie now knows we don’t have the players to do that right now. I’ll go for 1-1.

Or

We could be in the end of a backlash and get a doing. Which we will then see a few usual suspects back on here who are conspicuous in their absence tonight. 

Rangers will be looking to bounce back, after yesterdays shock defeat.

If we can perform how we know we can, then we can pile the pressure on GVB.

A write off game. Anything is a bonus. Just no suspensions or injuries ffs.

Our team does not lack goals but it does lack discipline.

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles

Atkinson                     Cochrane

Devlin    Snodgrass

Gino                        Forrest

Shankland

Would give Gordon Halliday and McKay a few days off and back in for Livi on sat.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

A lot will depend on if Rowles is fit enough to do 90 minutes. He has much better positional awareness in the box than Sibbick and Neilson and we can't afford to allow them any space. 

Stopping crosses into the box too will be vital. Hopefully Cochrane can continue his outstanding form on the left, and I would trust Atkinson to do the same on the right (Smith has been great but maybe needs a break). 

Our chances will also increase if we can get Humphrys back up front. Him Shankland and Ginnelly to bother their defence. 

Halliday, Snoddy and Cammy in the midfield.

If we could get the first goal we might have a chance. Spread a bit more displeasure amongst the ranks of the unwashed. 

Give it our best shot for once on their soil would be acceptable unlike our usual soft capitulation.

I have already pretty much written this one off , yesterday was the important one , any thing we take from Ibrox is a bonus every season and has been for decades . As long as the confidence does not get battered , then we get back to the real business against Livi

Absolute Scenes
12 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles

Atkinson                     Cochrane

Devlin    Snodgrass

Gino                        Forrest

Shankland

Would give Gordon Halliday and McKay a few days off and back in for Livi on sat.

This is absolutely the team for me too. Humphreys for Forrest if he is fit would be my only change.

Edit, Halliday cant be dropped lol, so not sure who drops out for him. 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Must play 3 in the middle. Must stop crosses. Must not concede early.

Do all of those and I think they are vulnerable just now so we can get something here.

1-0 Hearts.

Anything from this game is a bonus however, if we score first their fans could easily turn on their players and manager. Head 3-1 Rangers,  heart 2-0 us.

44 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

A lot will depend on if Rowles is fit enough to do 90 minutes. He has much better positional awareness in the box than Sibbick and Neilson and we can't afford to allow them any space. 

Stopping crosses into the box too will be vital. Hopefully Cochrane can continue his outstanding form on the left, and I would trust Atkinson to do the same on the right (Smith has been great but maybe needs a break). 

Our chances will also increase if we can get Humphrys back up front. Him Shankland and Ginnelly to bother their defence. 

If we could get the first goal we might have a chance. Spread a bit more displeasure amongst the ranks of the unwashed. 

Give it our best shot for once on their soil would be acceptable unlike our usual soft capitulation.

Interestingly, when Livingston got their draw at Ibrox they gave up the wings but made sure they were well set up in the middle to meet the crosses. I suppose that depends on having strong central defenders available.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, May one-six said:

Interestingly, when Livingston got their draw at Ibrox they gave up the wings but made sure they were well set up in the middle to meet the crosses. I suppose that depends on having strong central defenders available.

I believe rangers crossed the ball 70+ times that game. 

They had Fitzwater and Obileye who are very very good in the air. 

I hope, but I’m unsure if we’d be able to cope with that!

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Snodgrass Devlin Halliday

Gino Shankland Forrest

Exactly the type of game I’d take Barrie out for. Back in on Saturday. 

Cant see anything other than our typical "glasgow" performance, I mean after all these years why would it suddenly change.

Rotate the squad and keep players for Livi

Bazzas right boot

It's at ibrox, get the title sorted!

We can silence the crowd, keep it tight and then we will get chances as the crowd turns and they get nervous 

Or

We can chuck in a early goal,  get their tails up and give them a 3 or 4 goal win to get them back on track. 

I know where my money is.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, May one-six said:

Yip and St Johnstone beat them.

But v Aberdeen they could have had 10.

No confidence in our central defence to deal with the kind of pressure livi and St Johnstone withstood.

Gordon 

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Devlin

Ginnelly Snodgrass Halliday McKay

Shankland

Rangers are there for the taking.

Play as strong a team as we can and make a real statement that we are up for a challenge for second never mind third place.

Can't wait to see Halkett but sounds like it wont be before Saturday at the earliest.

To get anything at Ibrox we need to be strong at the back, we need to defend set pieces well and if possible not give too many away.

Unfortunately we have not been good at this lately, fix this then we have a chance.

I predict a narrow defeat.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This is absolutely the team for me too. Humphrys for Forrest if he is fit would be my only change.

Edit, Halliday cant be dropped lol, so not sure who drops out for him. 

I'd agree on Humphrys, if he's fit I'd try to get him into the side in some capacity, think he'd be useful in holding the ball & taking on defenders, he gives us a few options all in 1 player. 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

With sevco desperate for the three points I see the GFA have played the joker and appointed Beaton 

No great surprise there 😏

Strangely Robbie usual tactic of trying to frustrate Rangers early and hope the crowd get on the teams back actually would be the best approach this match. Robbie however does not factor in the standard loss of an early goal or the inevitable Penalty they will get.

We're still very fragile but we're improving on the attack and the work rate can no longer be questioned.

Feck knows what's going to happen in this one.

Zombies FC are in a bit of trouble too.

Mind you, this is Hearts away in Glasgow so we'll probably be 2-0 down after 15 minutes

3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fancy us to get something. With Rowles back in we should be more solid.

1-1

Be very interesting to see if Rowles plays.  You'd think he'd want a couple of 90 mins under his belt pre WC.  I have a feeling Halks is ready too, but won't be risked until after the WC, which would be very sensible I'd reckon.

I think with Snoddy demanding the team be more brave on and off the ball, we could do OK on Wed.  In all honesty it comes down to which Rangers turns up.  The one that thumped us and Aberdeen, it'll be tough, the one that's played other teams recently, we can take advantage.

The team I want to pick is probably along the lines of 352 but means either of Gino or McKay drop out, probably McKay.  Can't see it happening.

The only reason I'd go that formation is if Rowles is back, I don't think Cochrane or Halliday can be dropped!!!!!  Maybe Andy could do with a rest I suppose, which would allow us to go 4 at back and pick Rowles at LCB with Cochrane at LB.

Craig

Natty Sibbick Rowles Cochrane Halliday

Kio Dev Snoddy

Gino Shanks

or

Craig

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Kio Dev Snoddy

Gino Shanks Bazza

To all those saying this is a nothing game, a write off etc, **** that let’s go try and hurt them while they are down, no point going there to sit back and let them come at us we get battered that way. Better to go there and have a go from the start. 

I dont think Rowles will start this one. In fact it's likely that the only reason we saw him yesterday is due to the Aussie squad announcement due today. 

The Old Tolbooth

Let's change our weegie attitude and go there and put on a show! I realise we're still quite a few players light, but we've played far better teams than this lot this season which hopefully have stood us in good stead. 

Captain Sausage

Tough venue where we typically get very little except a good scudding. 

In spite of current form, I think rangers will ease home to a 3-0 win on Wednesday. 

Chance for Rowles to get some minutes under his belt and have everyone ready to go at the weekend against Livi. 

They are definitely vulnerable, they've been poor but our record at Ibrox is appalling so that means nothing. 

It's a free hit for us, I don't expect any points so we just need to be confident and compete as well as we know we can. 

Shankland 

Snodgrass 

Halliday Devlin Kio Ginnelly 

Cochrane Rowles Sibbick Atkinson 

Gordon 

We played a team away in Europe last week that are better than them and competed well with a few players rested. It’s all about retaining the ball better, getting up the pitch further and pressing them more than we have. Sounds easy but I think we have the players to do it. Whether we execute it is another matter though. If we keep it tight early their fans will start to turn on them. Rarely do the OF lose a couple on the bounce but we definitely need to be going into this with confidence.

LarrysRightFoot

I hope we show some courage and stand up to them. Far too many times we’ve been a soft touch against the OF and roll over. Hopefully we learned things from our European experience. 

They’ll be a ‘wounded animal’ so could play like they did v Aberdeen but at the same time if the players aren’t being GVB anymore we need to take advantage of it. 

As I say I just hope we stand up for ourselves and show courage in how we play. 

Never confident playing these ***** through there, we more often than not end up on the wrong end of a hammering.

Their fans are close to meltdown, and if we can somehow take the lead on Wednesday we could come away with the 3 points.

36 minutes ago, Homme said:

I dont think Rowles will start this one. In fact it's likely that the only reason we saw him yesterday is due to the Aussie squad announcement due today. 

Even the time he was on the pitch yesterday he was great winning headers and making blocks. Just gives us more reassurance back there I think. If he’s fit to play then I would play him. 

We'll win.

Ignore the calls for getting in their faces and the sitting off them drivel. Play our game and keep a good intensity up without being over aggressive. Treat these games like every other game, it's the only way you break the fear about playing against the bigots. 

We'll win.

18 hours ago, OTT said:

If we sit off them, we'll pay for it. Need to match the intensity of the Celtic game and not let them breathe. 

This 

18 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

They are vulnerable. Let's go and keep our momentum going.

2-2

This. 

If we get beat i can take that, but we go down with a fight.

There's no excuse to be on a 3-4 job here.

Livingston and St Johnstone both had success.

Same spirit again and can't believe I'm saying this, but keep shuting me up Robbie and Andy 👍.

Can’t make the mistake Aberdeen made and go there and open up, Rangers are vulnerable but they still have good players. Should look to frustrate first 20 and get the fans on the backs. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

An angry Rangers team. Morelos upfront against us.

Yeah, I've seen this DVD before.

Just rather we don't bend over. I can live with the scoreline, if this doesn't come to pass.

We will probably get beat,and i hate getting beat by them, but if the score is respectable i can accept that.

I think we can get something from here but.