***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

8 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Forever the optimist again I see i8. You’ve obviously missed our last 3 games and our injured returning to the ranks that give us some belief, optimism and encouragement. Not to mention the vocal backing from the diehards and foot soldiers who’ll be there regardless of the result.

Whilst a I’ll be in attendance along with the other 900, you’ll be able  to make yourself a nice cup of tea with a hobnob  as you sit down to watch your soaps. Watching Hearts isn’t for you these days even though you like to post the odd controversial post or ten these days.

Hope Robbie pulls it out tue bag even if to shut you up 👍

Being positive does not alter reality. There is nothing in our clubs DNA to suggest another outcome tonight than defeat.

The very odd win or draw eclipsed by hammering and thrashing after hammering and thrashing.

Then of course.......there is the 'Robbie Factor'. To his credit he pulled it out the bag on Sunday but Glasgow is a whole different beast.

I can sit and type that I feel we will win 10 nil tonight, it does not make me a better fan, it makes me detached from reality.

****, I despise that mob and want to beat them with every ounce of my being. I just know that we almost certainly wont.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Being positive does not alter reality. There is nothing in our clubs DNA to suggest another outcome tonight than defeat.

The very odd win or draw eclipsed by hammering and thrashing after hammering and thrashing.

Then of course.......there is the 'Robbie Factor'. To his credit he pulled it out the bag on Sunday but Glasgow is a whole different beast.

I can sit and type that I feel we will win 10 nil tonight, it does not make me a better fan, it makes me detached from reality.

****, I despise that mob and want to beat them with every ounce of my being. I just know that we almost certainly wont.

Tbf most of us think along these lines however this is a Hearts team we’ve never seen in years before. Our strongest 11 will give anyones strongest 11 in Scotland a game. We’ll strengthen in January too. Belief comes from the top and filters it’s way down. Our defence needs to be rock solid tonight and I’d we lose and early or soft goal then the floodgates could open. 

Toby and Rowles in the centre with Cochrane and Smith or Natty on the flanks will ensure we’ll give them a game tonight. Grant will be missed as he was finally coming onto a game. We’ll miss the creativity and thread needle passing he brings. However we go with confidence tonight and a renewed belief. 

Get on the happy train for once and give your soaps a miss tonight 😉

Knowing our luck this lot will hit top form tonight.

Hope I'm wrong mind and I do hope/expect to take something, yep I never learn!

29 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Tbf most of us think along these lines however this is a Hearts team we’ve never seen in years before. Our strongest 11 will give anyones strongest 11 in Scotland a game. We’ll strengthen in January too. Belief comes from the top and filters it’s way down. Our defence needs to be rock solid tonight and I’d we lose and early or soft goal then the floodgates could open. 

Toby and Rowles in the centre with Cochrane and Smith or Natty on the flanks will ensure we’ll give them a game tonight. Grant will be missed as he was finally coming onto a game. We’ll miss the creativity and thread needle passing he brings. However we go with confidence tonight and a renewed belief. 

Get on the happy train for once and give your soaps a miss tonight 😉

I Agree with all that but I am just a very negative and pragmatic person.

I think we will win by 1 goal on Saturday but lose by 3 tonight.

And Rangers are not going to lose two league games in a row, especially when Celtic have not been one of those teams. Maybe newly formed Sevco but not the 'back to how it was' Rangers.

****, I hope the ***** liquidate again.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Unlike i8, I'm now seeing us as favourites tomorrow.  This is an awful time for Rangers and we are in a great position to take full advantage.

They have been humiliated in Europe, beaten by St Johnstone and barring a miracle have already lost the league.

A strong committed perforformance will see us complete an overdue win.

The smashed Aberdeen 4-1,  going on 10 a week past Saturday 

If he doesn't revert to the 3 centre half system that has been holding us back we can get a result, if he instills a bit of belief in the players, like seems to have happened in the last few games we can get a result,worse hearts teams have played better rangers teams and got a result.If we go there and approach the game like we normally do in Glasgow then forget it.Hated the fear factor shown in some of the high profile games recently.Neilson can gain himself some kudos here if gets a bit braver in these games,we can take defeat anywhere as long as we don't just roll over.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nik5122 said:

If he doesn't revert to the 3 centre half system that has been holding us back we can get a result, if he instills a bit of belief in the players, like seems to have happened in the last few games we can get a result,worse hearts teams have played better rangers teams and got a result.If we go there and approach the game like we normally do in Glasgow then forget it.Hated the fear factor shown in some of the high profile games recently.Neilson can gain himself some kudos here if gets a bit braver in these games,we can take defeat anywhere as long as we don't just roll over.

A load of shite .

" some kudos"- with who?

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Press, attack, believe. Job done 4-0 hearts. 

Need to believe really hard for that, if we di that not ure we'll have enough belief left for Livi.

ScandinavianJambo

Let's get behind the team, and push them as far as we can. We need Gordon and our defence to be 100% focused. I'm more confident with Snodgrass in the middle...Let's make some noice!

We cannot defend and we’re playing a wounded Rangers team however we have started scoring 

Anything is possible 

You hardly ever come up against a Rangers team as vulnerable as this. Fans on their back, one defeat away from the league being over and manager getting the sack.

But it’s still all about them turning up with their best clothes on or turning up in their jammies ready for bed. We could get roasted if they put their mind to it. However, start well, get them nervous, make a couple of good things happen early and we could beat them.

Im going for a score draw.

Prince Buaben
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

We cannot defend and we’re playing a wounded Rangers team however we have started scoring 

Anything is possible 

Rowles in the middle will make a massive difference at defending crosses

Is Humphrys available? Think we'll need his physicality up front against this lot. If he is, I'd go:

Gordon

Natty

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Snodgrass

Devlin
Halliday

Humphrys

Shanks

McKay

3 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Is Humphrys available? Think we'll need his physicality up front against this lot. If he is, I'd go:

Gordon

Natty

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Snodgrass

Devlin
Halliday

Humphrys

Shanks

McKay

Robbie says No. Still not fit. Yet another " wee knock" that keeps a player out for weeks.

Play the 4141 formation as it clearly works...

Snoddy to get a double assist to Shankland and Devlin for a Hearts victory  2-1 final score

HHGH

pettigrewsstylist

Score first, defend properly, particuarly from corners and maybe..

Score twice and we have a chance.

We need direct pace threat to peg them back a little.

Humphreys being avaialable would have been great for this one.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Barry McKay to destroy the zombies tonight.

He is due a performance.

Unlikely i'm afraid - but agree that he is overdue to show us the real Mckay

I’ve had a strange feeling of confidence going in to old firm games recently and more often than not we’re two goals (and sometimes a man) down before the end of the first half. Would be nice to win at Ibrox within a decade of doing it last time.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Would be so good to pile on some pressure on the Hun but I really just can’t see it our record in Glasgow is nothing short of disastrous. Rankers are at their most unpredictable at times like this remember them getting pumped 4 0 at parkhead in feb and we were next up and what happened ? a 5 0 spanking. Don’t think lessons are being learned god I want to be more positive but I just don’t see us getting anything 

17 minutes ago, haj said:

I’ve had a strange feeling of confidence going in to old firm games recently and more often than not we’re two goals (and sometimes a man) down before the end of the first half. Would be nice to win at Ibrox within a decade of doing it last time.

We're often a goal down inside five minutes against Rangers. It's crucial we start well and keep the game tight right to the end, sendings-off are in the hands of the ref and VAR officials of course so we're pretty well guaranteed at least one. At least it's much more difficult not to give off-sides these days so that will be a help.

With who we know is available, I’d go:

Clark

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Kio

Ginnelly Devlin Snodgrass Forrest

Shankland 

Bench: Gordon, Stewart, Neilson, Smith, Halliday, McKay, C. Smith, Pollock, Henderson

Injured: Beni, Boyce, Humphreys, Halkett, Kingsley, Haring, GMS

Suspended: Grant 

We’re still up against it when you see some of the players missing, hopefully get the majority back after the World Cup break. 

If Humphreys is fit I’d have him starting over Forrest and move him onto the bench. Haring must also be due back soon so I’d have him on the bench if available. 

Let's be honest. They only need to get a couple of corners and / or get crosses in the box and we will be all over the place, as we have been against almost everyone this season. Rowles could make a difference there though.

Given they will have plenty of possession and rarely ever lose at home against non-Of teams, a win is very unlikely. Fair enough being positive but being realistic, there's little chance of a draw, nevermind a victory.

Fortunately, last nights results means tonight doesn't really matter that much.

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Robbie says No. Still not fit. Yet another " wee knock" that keeps a player out for weeks.

Humphrys himself said on TV before the RFS game that he thought it would be a week and was just waiting for swelling to die down. These things aren't an exact science and you just need to wait and see how the body recovers.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

How anyone can see anything other than a defeat (most likely a heavy one) is beyond me.

What on earth is going to change tonight? We will shit our pants as per usual. 

Will be a waste of petrol money and washing powder as per usual.

I think you'vr been predicting similar the last couple of games.   As they say 'like a broken clock...'.  Well I say it anyway. 😄

A_A wehatethehibs

Snodgrass is the key to victory IMO he is the player who can lift our level this season, a shame we did not have him for Europe but that has allowed him to come in under the radar.

4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Forever the optimist again I see i8. You’ve obviously missed our last 3 games and our injured returning to the ranks that give us some belief, optimism and encouragement. Not to mention the vocal backing from the diehards and foot soldiers who’ll be there regardless of the result.

Whilst a I’ll be in attendance along with the other 900, you’ll be able  to make yourself a nice cup of tea with a hobnob  as you sit down to watch your soaps. Watching Hearts isn’t for you these days even though you like to post the odd controversial post or ten these days.

Hope Robbie pulls it out tue bag even if to shut you up 👍

Yep your right he’s the type of punter who puts the lottery on and then throws his ticket away before it’s drawn , a lot of our heads went down on Saturday when Grant got sent off we were fearing the worst but the players stuck together and won ,a bit of that tonight and we’ll be fine 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Gordon 

Atkinson.   Sibbick.  Rowles.   Cochrane 

Devlin 

McKay    Snodgrass.  Halliday.   Ginelly 

Shankland 

I know Rangers are in a bad spot just now but I’m never confident of getting a result through there regardless of how they’re playing! Would love to be proved wrong of course, very important to not lose an early goal, frustrate them for the first 20 mins and get the crowd in their backs and we have a chance! 

45 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

I just hope we turn up for once, through there! I live in hope! #HHGH

Lots of clubs smaller than us seem to put in organised decent performances against them.

Time for ours, don't sit back, give them all the pitch and watch them.

Make them work.

I'm pretty certain Kio will play. Maybe at the expense of one of the wingers with Halliday being asked to play on the left of the midfield/attack in a 4-1-4-1.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Keeping it tight early is the key. We've all seen this before, go through there with a bit of confidence and come off the park at the end being dominated and on the end of a hiding. Their fans will turn if we frustrate them and start knocking it around. Snodgrass is the one that give me hope, he has played in some massive games so won't be phased and has been great at organising our side while on the pitch, a real leader outfield. If we can get at them and take our chances we have a chance of coming away with something. I just want to see us go through there and have a bit of a go and not get rolled over. We can all stomach a defeat if we leave everything on the park and are just beaten with some quality from the opposition. The ref worries me tonight though and VAR, any borderline decision will inevitably go their way. Keep the hands down in the box as the ball being smashed against it will result in a penalty all day long.  

8 minutes ago, Australis said:

Lots of clubs smaller than us seem to put in organised decent performances against them.

Make them work.

The odd random one, usually a backs to the wall game - like us. 🥴

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Gordon 

Atkinson.   Sibbick.  Rowles.   Cochrane 

Devlin 

McKay    Snodgrass.  Halliday.   Ginelly 

Shankland 

I know Rangers are in a bad spot just now but I’m never confident of getting a result through there regardless of how they’re playing! Would love to be proved wrong of course, very important to not lose an early goal, frustrate them for the first 20 mins and get the crowd in their backs and we have a chance! 

That’s what I’d go with - but I think Forrest and Kio might play. Both didn’t come on at the weekend.

Hoping Humphrys is fit enough to trouble them for half an hour. He gave Barisic a torrid time at Tynie until the red card. 

Thunder and Lightning

Get in their faces from the first minute. Leave a leg in where appropriate. Nip them, whisper in their ear. Rangers players are soft as shite. 

Harass them, remind them you are there every second. They do well in part because weak players shit themselves against the mighty rangers. **** that, they are there to be taken. 

No surr, eh... don't stop fighting. 😂 

7 minutes ago, Australis said:

Make them work.

Had a check as thought Celtic and Rangers had won all their home games this season.  Celtic have but Rangers have won 6 and drawn 1 (against Livi). The stats in that game had Rangers 81% possession and 24 to 5 on shots.  

I think we are all much of a muchness in Glasgow unfortunately. Where we do seem to differ in my opinion is that we give both of them a proper game at Tynie and don't sit back like others. With a first choice defenders I think we would have taken points off them this season. 

Nelly Terraces

Anyone who thinks Sevco are as shite as folk are purporting is out their mind.

They're still easily out on their own 2nd top of the league & are always dangerous at home no matter the circumstances, sure they've had some poor results by their standards, but they still hammered the sheep at home, then stuck 4 past us & St Mirren as well.

But, if we can bring the intensity & aggression we have to recent games & don't them settle into a rhythm, then sure the longer the game goes without them scoring the more restless the already twitchy natives will get & it may play into our hands. What impressed me the most on Sunday after we went down to 10 men was the way we kept our shape, we looked disciplined & solid, plus of course put in a helluva lot of hard battling work too. This is key for us tonight. We also have to take our chances if & when they come to us.

Essentially, as is always the case versus either of the Glasgow based knuckledragger clubs, especially when they're at home, we have to hope these barstewards have a real off night & we play out our skins, plus get a load of luck go our way as well. 

Let's just hope it does guys.👍

GORGIE RULES.

As usual I'm expecting nothing from this game. The Rangers are under pressure to get back to winning ways and I can see them doing just that tonight. I'll snatch your hand off for a draw right now but I'll be happy if we come through it without any more injuries or red cards.

18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yep your right he’s the type of punter who puts the lottery on and then throws his ticket away before it’s drawn , a lot of our heads went down on Saturday when Grant got sent off we were fearing the worst but the players stuck together and won ,a bit of that tonight and we’ll be fine 

When you say heads went down, I assume you mean the supporters? What was noticeable was that the players’ heads didn’t. When we’ve had red cards earlier in the season (Grant, Devlin, Neilson) the fight has visibly gone out of the whole team, but this time it didn’t. I imagine that was partly due to the game being against more moderate opposition, but it was good to see all the same.

It’s just occurred to me that I’ve attended all of the matches we’ve had red cards in. Zurich, Rangers*, Fiorentina, Motherwell. Which is remarkable given I can’t

make every game. In fact, I think the only fixture I’ve been at where we finished with 11 men was on day 1 v County. Perhaps I should stop coming…

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Australis said:

Make them work.

Maybe, but Aberdeen and  hibs got beat 4-1 and 6-1.

Livi got a point by scoring early and kicking the ball away for the rest of the game. 

Utd got close to a point at Parkhead but got skelped 9-0 at home.

Much of a muchness for all in Glasgow.

Edited by Bazzas right boot