***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

8 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

if its close we will get a red card

Fine by me. We just scored 3 goals with 10 men on the park. It’s not very often we play through there in a manner we deserve to take anything from the game 

I’m 100% sure we’ll be in this game for some part of it and I’m positive we can take something from it. We’re a good side. They just lost to a side nowhere near as good as we are. Just go out and play them without fear and be clever. That’s all you can ask

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

Rangers need to win, Hearts are coming to town… we know the script here. 

I actually feel optimistic about tonight but that will probably last 5/10 mins . 

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

Not sure who you think you are speaking for but I don't see anyone 'taking' a 4-5 goal defeat happily under the heading 'free hit'.  Reality is when we play OF 10 times we might win 2.  It's a fact of life.  It doesn't mean you surrender.  We could play great and still come up short.  OF always lift their game against us as opposed to other 'weaker' teams.  It is what it is.  If we get a result tonight, fantastic.  If we get humped nobody on this forum is going to be happy.  

Let’s take a bet on the first poster to dismiss it as not mattering because we never expect to win there anyway.

Who do you speak for by the way ? I just speak for myself.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Let’s take a bet on the first poster to dismiss it as not mattering because we never expect to win there anyway.

You seem to have an opinion on sh*tebag posters.  What does that make you?

As much as we have improved I’ve been here so many times now I can’t see anything other than a convincing home win, hope I’m wrong hhgh.

We should set up and play the same way we did against fiorentina away, without the defensive errors. Close them down quick and don't sit deep the whole game. We're dangerous going forward so always liable to nick a goal or two.

Rangers confidence seems rock bottom at the minute but they'll be well up for this one. Their fans will be on their back if they're not a goal up within 20 minutes 

Defence isnt good enough for a clean sheet against a good team, so who knows how many we will have to score to win.

Rangers aren't suddenly a crap team, just because they have had their annual defeat against someone shit and it doesn't mean it will happen every game. They hammered Aberdeen in their last home game.

31 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

You seem to have an opinion on sh*tebag posters.  What does that make you?

Someone with an opinion ?

BBC Scotland updates using terminology I thought was taboo

'when Rangers went out of business'

Free hit, I suppose, on the back of financial reports

Edited by Riccarton3

Hackney Hearts

Some people seem to be misunderstanding the term 'free hit'. It's meant to be an opportunity to be positive, go for the win, rather than be scared and negative.

The opposite of what some seem to be implying.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, moz said:

Best place to park tonight folks?

if you are driving the team bus, then the experts on here seem to think round about the 18 yard line

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Some people seem to be misunderstanding the term 'free hit'. It's meant to be an opportunity to be positive, go for the win, rather than be scared and negative.

That's more my understanding of the term.

Due to last nights results, we won't lose ground on the teams that are expected to challenge us for 3rd, therefore there is no reason not at least have a go

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Aye. Getting conflated with the idea fans are preparing themselves for a panning and use this term as some sort of code.

Without the description, any Hearts team should be looking  to compete. Unfortunately, there have been some awful performances at Ibrox.

I think the people who say this is a free hit are right in the sense that not  too many of us will be too surprised or disappointed if we lose.  I would be 10 times more disappointed if we cant beat Livingston.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Nik5122 said:

If he doesn't revert to the 3 centre half system that has been holding us back we can get a result, if he instills a bit of belief in the players, like seems to have happened in the last few games we can get a result,worse hearts teams have played better rangers teams and got a result.If we go there and approach the game like we normally do in Glasgow then forget it.Hated the fear factor shown in some of the high profile games recently.Neilson can gain himself some kudos here if gets a bit braver in these games,we can take defeat anywhere as long as we don't just roll over.

Like the Celtic 4-3 game?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

if rangers win tonight they need to be made to work hard for their win

they’ve got a much bigger budget some better players a stronger squad home advantage referee etc all in their favour - all those things coming together might lead to a rangers win irrespective of how well we play

the gap is not so big that we can’t make them work for it tho - anything below that if it occurs will hopefully be viewed as an absolute massive failure (this game only) by the club

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

if you are driving the team bus, then the experts on here seem to think round about the 18 yard line

:lol:

I’ve not read the rest of the thread so not sure of the context but in my view there is nothing wrong with parking the bus in fact sometimes the best plan but only if it’s done positively - a team totally focussed on defending and ready to pounce on the counter attack the 4-5 opportunities they might get - like a boxer counter-puncher or a cobra

when leceister won the league it looked like their 2 fullbacks were on a 100k per cross they stopped getting into the box - that’s what we need to be doing not just waving a speculative leg at it like it doesn’t really matter if it’s blocked or not

parking the bus passively like we have often done with no belief just shuffling around waiting to be be broken down and the inevitable cave-in afterwards “put that in the bin” 🙈

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Like the Celtic 4-3 game?

Or the 1-1 at Ibrox last season 

Or the 1-0 defeat at Parkhead last season (to an offside goal)

I think how the team performed in Istanbul should be the blueprint for this match. We competed very well in that game against a team with better players, away from home. Cut out the mistakes and we have a chance.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Tbh that is my default setting when we get beat by OF .

It seems a logical mindset .

I have said it elsewhere ironically Robbie's and many managers before him tactics of sit in and frustrate the fans could actually be the best game plan.

This will work for 15 mins before they get a goal or a penalty at least. They are going to be treating this like a european game and they have blown away better teams than Hearts.

I just hope we can keep them out till HT and see what happens from that point.

I've purchased a ppv for tonight's game at Ibrox and although Rangers have confirmed this no information is forthcoming as to how I access it as normally occurs with such arrangements. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I think we will be full of confidence and will get right in their faces. The Hun and their referee will not like that so a red (probably Devlin) will be in the offing! 😏

7 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Free hit tonight 😁 , go there and have a go, see how it turns out after 90 minutes 🍻

Not often I'll agree with this but it really is a free hit. Win, go third. Lose, we're still ahead of Hibs.  

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not often I'll agree with this but it really is a free hit. Win, go third. Lose, we're still ahead of Hibs.  

But behind Aberdeen and Livy…let’s get 3 points!

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not if we lose big we’re not

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

But behind Aberdeen and Livy…let’s get 3 points!

And probably St Johnstone. free hit though. We only drop maybe 2 places if we lose. Disnae really matter right. Might not even check how many we lost by until tomorrow 😀🥹

Malinga the Swinga

Hopefully we can keep it tight in defence first 20 minutes and come away with point at least.

The screaming banshees will be ready with their posts should we lose and I can't be arsed flicking through their shit.

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully we can keep it tight in defence first 20 minutes and come away with point at least.

The screaming banshees will be ready with their posts should we lose and I can't be arsed flicking through their shit.

You don't have too.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

No one said it doesn't matter.

Who has said that?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Unless we lose 5 nil...👀

we should be going there trying to get something but be realistic enough to realise we might not

tonights game should also be a “learning curve” for future games against the old firm that’s why it’s shouldn’t be viewed as free hit or something that isn’t significant if we get gubbed

we need to start building towards making these teams graft for their results against us

im a big fan of Craig levein (tho he clearly lost his way) but the manner in which he took us to parkhead as league leaders and then laughed-off a 5-0 doggy-styling was absolutely criminal - ridiculous attitude and even worse than his response to the 5-0 at livi

Complete and utter slavers, tonight is a free hit, tonight is a chance for us to go 3rd with a game in hand,and to put us 6 points off The Huns.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Free Hit.

Everything to gain, nothing to lose. 

No one said the game doesn't matter.

That's a different thing.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Free Hit.

Jeez...People seem to be losing their sh1t about a throw a way comment.

The point the original poster made (I think) was that at we are no worse off points difference wise after last nights results (when most people expected us to be) and if we get the breaks tonight's could even close the gap again. 

Cruickie's Moustache

Is it not the case that our stats against 'better teams' say it all.

Sit back at the start and we lose (very) early goals. Therefore always chasing the game from 5 mins onwards.

Have a go and we have more chance of keeping opponents at bay until later in the game.

If we take our chances when they come, like v Celtic, then even if one down we are in with a shout of taking something from the game.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, damo said:

Jeez...People seem to be losing their sh1t about a throw a way comment.

The point the original poster made (I think) was that at we are no worse off points difference wise after last nights results (when most people expected us to be) and if we get the breaks tonight's could even close the gap again. 

It's been explained. 

Bongo has his own take on it, fair enough. 

He's now enjoying himself. 

Sinbad the Sailor

We start with the equivalent of a red card - Beaton

.....so we need the same effort as we did on Saturday from kick off.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Is it not the case that our stats against 'better teams' say it all.

Sit back at the start and we lose (very) early goals. Therefore always chasing the game from 5 mins onwards.

Have a go and we have more chance of keeping opponents at bay until later in the game.

If we take our chances when they come, like v Celtic, then even if one down we are in with a shout of taking something from the game.

Not really,  most of our wins in Glasgow,  if not all have resulted in defending well, getting a bit of luck and taking our chances. 

I can't think of a win, maybe outside the championship win where we've went to Glasgow,  dominated or went toe to toe,  pressed high and won

Maybe under Burley in the 1-1 draw at Parkhead. 

I'm covering maybe 30 years.

The most important thing is not to lose an early goal like we did in Turkey, Florence and against them at Tynie. I know several Rangers season ticket holders who say if we can keep it tight or sneak a goal then the fans will get on the players backs and that might be to our advantage but we don't want to let the fans get behind the team by gifting them an early goal.

Say it every time we play Rangers and it never seems to be done.

We need to keep their fullbacks away from our box and press them in with our two wide players.

Defence can't be narrow leaving us 2v1 and we need to stop Kent coming inside do that and we have a chance.

Naisys Tackle

Come on Hearts.  Take the game to they bigotted wank stains.

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Gino Devlin Snodgrass Smith Haliday

Shankland