***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I think we can take a draw, if I'm being honest.

If we actually don't concede within the first 5, nevermind 20 minutes, then the natives will become restless.

Some 2nd half video analysis of the Başakshahir (sp?)& Fiorentina games, would be a savvy move. That's the application needed here, for 95 minutes.

Calling for His head.

They think Gerrard is the answer he would bring a presence, but i think a lot underestimate the man who helped him Michael Beale.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

Time to give Zander a start in goals. Give the big yin a much needed break.

Rowles to start aswell alongside Sibbick. Cochrane back out to his natural LB position, Smith at RB.

Midfield of Kio Snodd's Devlin and Halliday

Shankland and Ginnelly up top

They don't often lose 2 league games in a row, so we'll have our work cut out and no doubt a win will be unexpected.

However, I can see the atmosphere being quite hostile towards the home side. If we can avoid losing an early goal, the game could defo swing in our favour.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Calling for His head.

They think Gerrard is the answer he would bring a presence, but i think a lot underestimate the man who helped him Michael Beale.

No surprise that Gerrard started how downward trend after Beale left him. Also no surprise how well Beale is doing. 

Halliday talks glowingly about him on OG regularly. 

We seem to struggle to lay a glove on Rangers going on recent seasons although we did get 1-1 there last season.   I think anything here is a bonus.

Just noticed they had 20 corners v the Perth farmers, not sure we could get away with giving that many away and still come out with anything.

Amazing how we sold out Florence and took double our allocation.  900 tickets for Ibrox and it's an open sale.

Total shite hole.

Hope it's 0-10, but expecting 3-2.

We_are_the_Hearts

Normally with 3 games in 6 days you would expect some rotation but the players are getting a month off so expecting strongest team. Rowles has to start

4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This is absolutely the team for me too. Humphreys for Forrest if he is fit would be my only change.

Edit, Halliday cant be dropped lol, so not sure who drops out for him. 

Agree with this. Robbie needs to give Halliday a rest. The guy would play for us on crutches if he was allowed.

Trying to find optimism here.   Best I've got is we played Celtic at their ground this season.  We eventually got beat but gave them a tough match.   No VAR in that game so we might get some luck this time. 

I think we'll lose.   The team's possibly spent quite some energy playing Motherwell.   Some players might have knocks, minor injuries.   Rowles not 100% match fit I would guess.   We need to rotate as well, I'm presuming since we have Livingston on Saturday and these games are too closely scheduled. 

Rangers are definitely vulnerable but  so are we at times.   This game could end up either way or a draw. 

We might lose but Aberdeen and Hibs could lose on Tuesday as well.  That would be good.  

Edited by HMFC01

Robbie, on the Tuesday sit them down in front of a screen and show them a re-run of the Rangers Liverpool game. Players will go to bed with a pumped Rangers to contemplate. Sweet dreams.

Psychologically, the players will be buzzing from the RC and Motherwell games and the manner that we dug in to get the wins.  They will also know that a win is huge going into the final matches before the break.

That said, better Hearts teams than this one have been bent over and dry humped in Glasgow so I’ve no clue what to predict.

**** it, 2-0 Hearts

Bazzas right boot

The "have a go crowd " and "press them" gang must not have watched them v Aberdeen or even v us at Tynecastle,  they can cut through easily if you press high .

Livi and st Johnstone got results by sitting deep and booting the ball away.

Don't concede early and defend properly will give us a platform to cause them issues.

Chuck in goals or make it easy for them them by leaving big spaces at the back and the game will be done, likely early doors.

Defence is still too makeshift for us to get anything from this. 

Their last game at home they hammered Aberdeen 4-1. Just because they lost a game doesn't mean they are suddenly shite.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

They don't often lose 2 league games in a row, so we'll have our work cut out and no doubt a win will be unexpected.

However, I can see the atmosphere being quite hostile towards the home side. If we can avoid losing an early goal, the game could defo swing in our favour.

Pretty much where im at. The wounded animal syndrome could hurt us, but..  if they dont score first half hour...could get tetchy.

That said, we wont create much clear cut and will need to be lethal.

Points could be available.

We are carrying knocks and tired legs tho.

Live in hope as per.

portobellojambo1

Although it annoys me I guess I have to accept we may lose in Wednesday. But if we are going to lose I hope it results from us at least trying to win instead of just accepting we will lose because it is one of the OF. Lets go out and play to our best instead of sitting off them and watching them play to their best.

Does anyone know if there are problems with the roads going through to Glasgow ?

Edited by portobellojambo1

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Hopefully, Van B is starting to lose the Hun dressing room.

If Rowles starts alongside Sibbick and Smith in a back 3, with Cochrane and Atkinson bombing up the wings then we have a great chance to win this one. Devlin and Snograss in the centre with McKay,  Shankland and Ginelly in the forward positions and I fancy this one.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The "have a go crowd " and "press them" gang must not have watched them v Aberdeen or even v us at Tynecastle,  they can cut through easily if you press high .

Don't concede early and defend properly will give us a platform to cause them issues.

Chuck in goals or make it easy for them them by leaving big spaces at the back and the game will be done, likely early doors.

That's a fair point

Rangers are that pish just now that the hunts on for 2nd if we can somehow summon up the belief to beat these ***** at Ibrox.

That Colak prick is very good in the air though so we have to be very good at the back.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Respect them, yes.

Fear them, no.

Respect them- **** no

Fear them- no.

Cheating,  dirty, bigoted hun *******s deserve no respect. 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Just noticed they had 20 corners v the Perth farmers, not sure we could get away with giving that many away and still come out with anything.

Yeah mate, with our record of defending crosses recently (though tbf it was miles better yesterday) that would spell disaster if it got anywhere near that. 

One thing is that we've come from a goal down to win at Ross County & then yesterdays heroic performance, it's showing that we've finally got some minerals about us, aren't lying down to anyone & we're also being more aggressive. Whether it's enough for Wed night we'll see, but I'd rip yer mitt off for a point. 

GORGIE RULES. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Barack said:

An angry Rangers team. Morelos upfront against us.

Yeah, I've seen this DVD before.

Just rather we don't bend over. I can live with the scoreline, if this doesn't come to pass.

Yep, similar to the away games v Fiorentina and Istanbul - the important thing is not to get a mauling that might dent our confidence.

My heart says we should have a chance and they are vulnerable.   But decades of getting our arses felt through there and my head says otherwise.  With the way we defend it’s difficult not to see Rangers scoring 3 or 4.   

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We don’t have a strong defence and have only managed 1 clean sheet all season. Appreciate what you’re saying, but to take any points here we’re going to need to score goals. Sitting in won’t work because we’re not a team that defends very well currently. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, cheetah said:

And an absurd amount of crosses into the box v Livi (70?!).   As you say, our patched up defence simply can’t cope with these sorts of numbers.  Obviously a bit decent possession and stopping crosses would help but that’s 2 things we tend not to do well against them. 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Be very interesting to see if Rowles plays.  You'd think he'd want a couple of 90 mins under his belt pre WC.  I have a feeling Halks is ready too, but won't be risked until after the WC, which would be very sensible I'd reckon.

I think with Snoddy demanding the team be more brave on and off the ball, we could do OK on Wed.  In all honesty it comes down to which Rangers turns up.  The one that thumped us and Aberdeen, it'll be tough, the one that's played other teams recently, we can take advantage.

The team I want to pick is probably along the lines of 352 but means either of Gino or McKay drop out, probably McKay.  Can't see it happening.

The only reason I'd go that formation is if Rowles is back, I don't think Cochrane or Halliday can be dropped!!!!!  Maybe Andy could do with a rest I suppose, which would allow us to go 4 at back and pick Rowles at LCB with Cochrane at LB.

Craig

Natty Sibbick Rowles Cochrane Halliday

Kio Dev Snoddy

Gino Shanks

or

Craig

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Kio Dev Snoddy

Gino Shanks Bazza

I'd go formation 2.

Their fullbacks won't allow us the space we require to play wingbacks effectively, while also keeping a man advantage over us in midfield.

I say we crack on with a 4 and take them on through the middle like we did Celtic.

Just now, spacerjoe said:

I'd go formation 2.

Their fullbacks won't allow us the space we require to play wingbacks effectively, while also keeping a man advantage over us in midfield.

I say we crack on with a 4 and take them on through the middle like we did Celtic.

My thoughts too, just seems shan on Halliday!!

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My thoughts too, just seems shan on Halliday!!

Oh yeah, good point!

Hmmm. Dunno where to put him now either! Can't drop Cochrane...

He could play ahead of Cochrane perhaps and give McKay a break. I personally think we still need McKay in the team but Halliday is on fire just now!

Naisys Tackle

Early goal and that bunch of bigots will end up scrapping in the stands.

They are there for the taking tomorrow.  Confident of a draw or win tbh. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Oh yeah, good point!

Hmmm. Dunno where to put him now either! Can't drop Cochrane...

He could play ahead of Cochrane perhaps and give McKay a break. I personally think we still need McKay in the team but Halliday is on fire just now!

Halliday ahead of McKay tomorrow all day long.  The guy at Ibrox is not what we need. 

Hoping the players can use some of the Euro away game experience, cut out the gift goals, get some possession and make our chances count. If we can frustrate em and even take lead that will turn the Louden Tavern lot against their team which will help. Tough gig in circs be delighted with a draw. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, OTT said:

We don’t have a strong defence and have only managed 1 clean sheet all season. Appreciate what you’re saying, but to take any points here we’re going to need to score goals. Sitting in won’t work because we’re not a team that defends very well currently. 

We can't open up v them, they'll destroy us like they did Aberdeen. 

We won't either, we'll drop back and defend a bit deeper. 

We'll cause more of a threat and keep possession better than livi or Saint's tho and can cause them problems but opening up, pressing  high and go for it isn't an option.

It's fanciful in the extreme. 

If we don't defend well we won't win imo. 

I'd also  pin Gino on Tavernier 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Gillsland jack
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We can't open up v them, they'll destroy us like they did Aberdeen. 

We won't either, we'll drop back and defend a bit deeper. 

We'll cause more of a threat and keep possession better than livi or Saint's tho and can cause them problems but opening up, pressing  high and go for it isn't an option.

It's fanciful in the extreme. 

If we don't defend well we won't win imo. 

I'd also  pin Gino on Tavernier 

Everything you have said above does make perfect sense, I'm curious to know how you know all this, are you getting inside information? If you are then I will continue to watch your posts with additional interest going forward.☺️

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gillsland jack said:

Everything you have said above does make perfect sense, I'm curious to know how you know all this, are you getting inside information? If you are then I will continue to watch your posts with additional interest going forward.☺️

Thank you kind sir

I'm a sensible guy and always make sense, if only everyone realised that- the world would be a happier place!

🤣

Nah,im just a nobody having an opinion.

Good discussions are what the board should be about.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Trying to find optimism here.   Best I've got is we played Celtic at their ground this season.  We eventually got beat but gave them a tough match.   No VAR in that game so we might get some luck this time. 

I think we'll lose.   The team's possibly spent quite some energy playing Motherwell.   Some players might have knocks, minor injuries.   Rowles not 100% match fit I would guess.   We need to rotate as well, I'm presuming since we have Livingston on Saturday and these games are too closely scheduled. 

Rangers are definitely vulnerable but  so are we at times.   This game could end up either way or a draw. 

We might lose but Aberdeen and Hibs could lose on Tuesday as well.  That would be good.  

Nah……can’t see it 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Gillsland jack
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Thank you kind sir

I'm a sensible guy and always make sense, if only everyone realised that- the world would be a happier place!

🤣

Nah,im just a nobody having an opinion.

Good discussions are what the board should be about.

Thank you for your quick response, kind sir, now... two Jambo's being nice to each other on here, do you think it will catch on?😀

LochcarronJambo
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

This

Yesterday's game was really intense. I think it will be a big ask for our players to pick themselves up again and put in the sort of high energy performance it will take to defend well for long spells without the ball, which is the usual requirement at Ibrox. Rangers are having problems at the moment but this is still going to be a major challenge. If we could somehow get a result it would be fantastic.

Edited by No Idle Talk

They're just not the same without Bassey and Aribo, both of whom absolutely tortured us last season. I rate GVB but their fans don't and I hope they chase him off. Let's help that happen and maybe they'll bring in a shitehawk and we can pip them for 2nd.

4-3-3 that can flex into the 4-1-4-1 if we get cheeky for me.

Z

Natty Toby Rowles Cochrane

Kio  Dev  Halliday

Gino   Shanks  Humphrys

Swap Rowles for Halkett at 60' to keep from wearing either one of them out. Haring on for Halliday late as well. McKay will probably be up for playing Rangers so while I think he could use a spell out of the team, maybe this one isn't the one to sit him on.

Edited by Led Tasso

The Gorgie Glorious

First goal will be important. If we manage to score first I can see them imploding with the atmosphere turning toxic. Let's get into them from the get go.