*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

ColinSmith1255
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

But as recently as 90/91 their average was just under 17k. 

As recently as 33 years ago!

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The last sentence is a bit short sighted. If we are relatively fair ( easy) to deal with then that will send a message to future players and their agents as well. 

If we play hard ball, deny moves and play not only will we have a unhappy dressing room but future players may be put off coming to us.

We'll be fair and imo relatively easy to deal with with clubs outside Scotland.

It's in our Interests to do so.

Correct.

The Hogfather
19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we are trying to sign players on the basis of giving them a pathway to the riches of England whilst blocking moves it will. 

We’re not talking about blocking moves. We’re talking about holding out for what we consider fair value. The idea of us missing out on targets because we will want our values to be met is hand wringing at best. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Correct.

See if you’re agreeing with someone who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup, chances are you’re on the wrong side of the argument. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, The Hogfather said:

We’re not talking about blocking moves. We’re talking about holding out for what we consider fair value. The idea of us missing out on targets because we will want our values to be met is hand wringing at best. 

Turning down offers that players and agents think should be acceptable because we fancy a few more quid is blocking moves.  Nobody is saying sell cheap but we have to be realistic. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Turning down offers that players and agents think should be acceptable because we fancy a few more quid is blocking moves.  Nobody is saying sell cheap but we have to be realistic. 

It’s not up to agents and players to determine how much they’re worth. It’s down to the football club. 

48 minutes ago, FJT said:

Sadly many have lots to say but very few actually know anything about Scottish football. Deluded about their own game with far too many having a distinctly unlikeable superiority complex. 

That's just how they're brought up. 

8 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We’ll lose GMS and/or Henderson so the answer is yes we do.

It’s also a good opportunity to open up a relationship with a big club only a couple hours down the road.

What a prospect !

wish them well but neither the standard we need and we can upgrade, and that’s a delightfully frightening prospect

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

It’s not up to agents and players to determine how much they’re worth. It’s down to the football club. 

To a point. The player is entitled to believe he is worth x. Its also a fact that a club will perceive a player to be worth y. If close then a deal can be done, if not then someone either blinks or the olayer looks elsewhere. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Its up to the club to have good understanding with agents and players to get more players in the future. 

Drylaw Hearts
Just now, BM1874 said:

What a prospect !

wish them well but neither the standard we need and we can upgrade, and that’s a delightfully frightening prospect

Isn’t it just !! 

SM Sheffield
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Newcastle have not averaged 15,000 in any season back to the end of the war and they haven’t been under 40,000 this century

I did not mention averages. I said they used to play in front of crowds not that long around 15000 and sometimes even lower and that is true.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Wont see Paterson this window. Sheffield will need to recruit a couple of strikers. 

If the young lad Tom Cannon signs from Everton on loan that will be one. I expect one out and two in at Hillsborough. Or possibly two out and three in if Windass leaves. 

I agree I think it probably will be the summer if Paterson joins but it is most likely due to Wednesday looking for a fee for Paterson to leave. And knowing the owner it is probably completely unrealistic what he will be asking for too. 

kingantti1874
Just now, AndyNic said:

So folk reckon we should be selling Devlin for £400k then aye :lol:

folk? Idiots .

sorry if anyone feels offended. Utterly clueless in fact - such a suggestion is utterly reeking of wounded filth 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

folk? Idiots .

sorry if anyone feels offended. Utterly clueless in fact - such a suggestion is utterly reeking of wounded filth 

:thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If we are trying to sign players on the basis of giving them a pathway to the riches of England whilst blocking moves it will. 

Yip.

We won't give away players cheap,  but we'll be quite easy to deal with.

If anyone bids £2-£5m for Devlin.... We'll likley be very easy to deal with!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Where did anyone mention that mate?

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Haven’t seen a single poster suggest selling Devlin at all and certainly not for £400k. Happy for you to quote them if I missed it 👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Devlin needs goals and assists to increase his value. 

A players value is only what someone wants to pay for them, not a price you ask for 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.

We won't give away players cheap,  but we'll be quite easy to deal with.

If anyone bids £2-£5m for Devlin.... We'll likley be very easy to deal with!

Totally.  It's not undervaluing the player either and Cammys an example to the discussion.  We just have to be realistic both ways and in our best interests to grow as a club. 

Arthur Morgan

I think people are forgetting how well Devlin played against FC Zurich at Tynecastle, he was amazing that night, and I do think playing at a higher level would bring the best out in him.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Has anyone said that?

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

It's implied. Numerous times.

Can't see that myself tbh.   In fact theres numerous posts by everyone saying we won't undervalue the player.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I think people are forgetting how well Devlin played against FC Zurich at Tynecastle, he was amazing that night, and I do think playing at a higher level would bring the best out in him.

He was brilliant that night, as was most of the team. He’s had several brilliant performances this season. Home matches against Dundee Utd and Celtic stick out in my mind.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He has got a couple of more gears upon him and would certainly do well at Championship level at some point should that be his preferred place of playing football. 

The Hogfather
20 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

To a point. The player is entitled to believe he is worth x. Its also a fact that a club will perceive a player to be worth y. If close then a deal can be done, if not then someone either blinks or the olayer looks elsewhere. 

The club will still have the final say. Of course a player will have a figure in his head when it comes to interest, but really it’s not that

big a factor. 

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Its up to the club to have good understanding with agents and players to get more players in the future. 

It’s also up to the club to make sure they’re not being ripped off. 

14 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

We’re now at the point where we need to sell players on the cheap or no-one will want to sign for us. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Can't see that myself tbh.   In fact theres numerous posts by everyone saying we won't undervalue the player.

But £5m is a RIDICULOUS number to ask for or expect? 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

The club will still have the final say. Of course a player will have a figure in his head when it comes to interest, but really it’s not that

big a factor. 

It’s also up to the club to make sure they’re not being ripped off. 

We’re now at the point where we need to sell players on the cheap or no-one will want to sign for us. 

Literally nobody has said sell players on the cheap - quite the opposite.  Make up stuff all you want though.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, AndyNic said:

Of course it is.   As is £200k. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Literally nobody has said sell players on the cheap - quite the opposite.  Make up stuff all you want though.

You’re literally bitching about the idea of us holding out for what we consider fair value because you’re afraid no-one will want to sign for us as a result. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

You’re literally bitching about the idea of us holding out for what we consider fair value because you’re afraid no-one will want to sign for us as a result. 

Where's any bitching?   I also never debated fair value ever.  The only thing I said is the club will know to be realistic in valuations and will let players go for realistic prices.

The rest you are making up for some reason.

Think there is room for Kuol

Gino

Barrie

Forrest

Oda

Shankland

Humphreys

Boyce (eventually)

Kuol

3 or 4 will start

3 or 4 will make the bench

and knowing us we’ll have at least 1 injured.

Don't think we’ll see Paterson this window. 

The Treasurer
44 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Being realistic works both ways. 

Players and agents need to realise that clubs should expect a decent return on their investment 

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nobody said any kind of paltry sum but some of the valuations on here have been ludicrous.

No, we have unhappy players it upsets them and the team and then we will find it more difficult to attract players in the future too.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Where's any bitching?   I also never debated fair value ever.  The only thing I said is the club will know to be realistic in valuations and will let players go for realistic prices.

The rest you are making up for some reason.

There’s two examples of you bitching about players not wanting anything to do with us after I mentioned holding out for what Hearts determine is fair. Not the agent, not the player, not the buying club. 

The whole time I’ve said Hearts should be holding out for what they think is a fair value. And you’ve seemingly been getting upset and all doom and gloom despite thinking the exact same thing. Some boy you are. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

The data would have to support a proposed fee

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Being realistic works both ways. 

Players and agents need to realise that clubs should expect a decent return on their investment 

Of course.  Thats why both will come to an agreement on a realistic valuation :) 

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Wonder why Everton dont recall Moise Kean from Juve instead of Simms?  Weird one.

They don't really want moise kean

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

There’s two examples of you bitching about players not wanting anything to do with us after I mentioned holding out for what Hearts determine is fair. Not the agent, not the player, not the buying club. 

The whole time I’ve said Hearts should be holding out for what they think is a fair value. And you’ve seemingly been getting upset and all doom and gloom despite thinking the exact same thing. Some boy you are. 

There's no bitching at all.  The only thing I've said is we have to be realistic and also said I trust the club to do so also.  Not undervaluing anyone mate but the club won't over value players either as it's not practical.

Devlin has 18months on his contract (I think). Given our euro run we have no need to sell and should look to get him on a new contract in the next 6months. 

If a team is interested and decides to put in a bid then we decide what he's worth in order for us to sell. That could be 50k, 500k, 1M or 5M. I think he has quite a bit of potential to play at a higher level so if we're not looking at somewhere close to 5M then we're probably missing out. Just to confirm we probably won't get 5M upfront but maybe something like 2.5M-3M upfront and then 2M-2.5M over time or after certain games played etc.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Mirror said:

Devlin has 18months on his contract (I think). Given our euro run we have no need to sell and should look to get him on a new contract in the next 6months. 

If a team is interested and decides to put in a bid then we decide what he's worth in order for us to sell. That could be 50k, 500k, 1M or 5M. I think he has quite a bit of potential to play at a higher level so if we're not looking at somewhere close to 5M then we're probably missing out. Just to confirm we probably won't get 5M upfront but maybe something like 2.5M-3M upfront and then 2M-2.5M over time or after certain games played etc.

When we offer Cammy a new contract then there will probably be an agreement to sell if a specific price comes in for him at a later date.   Be £1m £2m £5m, there will be an agreement based on realistic offers we could receive and the wages that he could get to set for life.  If we don't then he could walk for nothing. 

18 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Think there is room for Kuol

Gino

Barrie

Forrest

Oda

Shankland

Humphreys

Boyce

Kuol

3 or 4 will start

3 or 4 will make the bench

and knowing us we’ll have at least 1 injured.

Don't think we’ll see Paterson this window. 

Forgot all about him

16 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

When we offer Cammy a new contract then there will probably be an agreement to sell if a specific price comes in for him at a later date.   Be £1m £2m £5m, there will be an agreement based on realistic offers we could receive and the wages that he could get to set for life.  If we don't then he could walk for nothing. 

Key point, well made. 

Ultimately what we get from any of these players will also rest on how well we deal with them in terms of contract extensions, increased deals etc. If they aren't tied down to longer contracts when other clubs come knocking the figures being banded about are totally fanciful. The key to maximising returns for a club like Hearts is to have Rowles, as an example, signed to a 3-4 year contract when Palace or Wolves or Bologna or whoever come calling. That's when you can make the big bucks. The problem Hearts will always have is manufacturing a deal that makes signing a long contract worthwhile - why would Rowles sign a 3-4 contract at 6 or 7k a week at Tynecastle when he could go and play for Norwich  or Watford on 20k a week and walk away for free. It's difficult which is why making big sums of money happens so rarely in Scotland.

Edited by Luckies1874

59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

folk? Idiots .

They'll be too clueless to feel offended

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***