*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Great white hope was a boxing expression from the C20 once all the decent boxers were black.

It was but it's long since evolved into a phrase for anyone or anything where success is expected of them. 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The only other reason would be to maybe catch up with Rowles and Devlin but seems a weird time of the week to be doing that, so close to game day. I think it’s on

He could be up for a look around and get a feel for the club, doesn't mean he's 100% coming to  us on loan,  but it does mean Newcastle and the lad  are genuinely interested. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Barack said:

It's lazy journalism at best  And borderline racist at worst.

It historically means, that a white person would be a better success in a particular field, than a non-caucasian.

Yeah, very strange term.

Thanks, I thought maybe he was ultra religious or something. 

Stupid term to use for anyone,  never mind a young black guy. 

1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Will be playing European football next season if he signs with us for the 18 months.

True, forgot about European football experience for him. Could be a huge factor. 

Suppose he'll need to impress here first anyway before we even thought about wanting him back

2 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Surely there’s not people doubting that’s Edinburgh? 🤣

Pretty clear from the rain and roadworks that it's Edinburgh.

loveofthegame
8 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Not quite as clear as Simms on the motorway that time but guess it could be Edinburgh.

Has to be up here for look at city/club with view to loan, surely. Could be first of a few though. Exciting times

Could be Edinburgh?! Are you kidding. That is 100000000% and very obviously Edinburgh, outside Greyfriars Kirk, end of Chambers St/top of Candlemaker Row. It is the most obvious picture of Edinburgh I've ever seen.

20 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

There is legit no other reason as to why he would be in Edinburgh, it was said he would train with Newcastle straight away.. So it's not like he's been given time off for a jolly upto Edinbrugh

I could be wrong but think it's pretty common not to have training two days after a match?  Newcastle played on Tuesday so maybe that's the case here and he's using the opportunity to visit his pals a couple of hours up the road. It seems unlikely he'd advertise his location if it's linked to a potential transfer that isn't done yet.

Intriguing all the same.

12 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Not quite as clear as Simms on the motorway that time but guess it could be Edinburgh.

Has to be up here for look at city/club with view to loan, surely. Could be first of a few though. Exciting times

How's it not as clear as Simms lol its clearly 100% Edinburgh. He's at Greyfriars Bobby at the junction of Candlemaker Row, across the road from Chambers Street Museum. Simms was a random part of the Peebles road and could have been heading in any direction until someone actually recognised it. Its also definitely him as its a verified Insta account with a blue tick. 

image.thumb.png.54b15f9e9eda7d54767b2014988d7442.png

image.thumb.png.8067d3c828b4d76711cfa698b7fc6ab3.png

Edited by Batistuta87

The image is from his genuine Instagram account, and I very much doubt it would be a social visit just after arriving in the UK.  

If he does say in for the season I would say that is the end of Euan Henderson and Gary Mackay-Steven time at Hearts.  I would fully expect him to rotate with Ginnelly and MacKay, guaranteeing decent game time for a 18 year old.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

If there are 3 Aussie Internationals there, that you've just spent the better part of 3 weeks with, it's bound to give us at least a fighting chance. Bigging up the club, City, fans, etc...🤷‍♂️

Definitely,  I would say that's probably the Salient point in the deal going through tbh

3 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It's Edinburgh, but it's not on his instagram feed. Looks fake to me.

Its on his story.

How much more proof do people need that it's real man honestly 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It's Edinburgh, but it's not on his instagram feed. Looks fake to me.

Its literally on a verified instagram account with his name and photos attached. Which Devlin and Rowles also follows.

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Instagram pulls through locations based on where you are. It’s definitely Edinburgh, and it’s definitely his official page. 

8 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Surely there’s not people doubting that’s Edinburgh? 🤣

Is it taken from his rear view mirror? Can you see the pentland hills?

I'm pretty sure the guy that claimed it's not as clear as Simms was joking guys, given it was nowhere close to being clear. Pretty sure everyone knows that's Edinburgh 😂

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Its on his story.

How much more proof do people need that it's real man honestly 🤣

I know, some folk are hilarious. None of us know if he is here to sign or here for a jolly, but it is 100% a real story on his genuine account and 100% a photo of central Edinburgh. Both beyond obvious to anyone who has used Instagram before or lived in/visited Edinburgh for more than two days...

The bigger question is whether an 18 year old, largely unproven youngster is ready for our first team regardless of potential, but I'll trust Robbie and the recruitment team on that if he does sign.

RustyRightPeg

Few folk in here need to do the open top bus tour round the city to refresh their memory of the place. 

AC Mallin_51

Plenty attacking options now that’s for sure

Shankland, Humphreys, Kuol, Oda, McKay, Forrest, Ginnelly, Henderson, then if Boyce makes an appreance before the end of the season. That’s some options 🤯

surely the next signing is a centre half!

loveofthegame
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm pretty sure the guy that claimed it's not as clear as Simms was joking guys, given it was nowhere close to being clear. Pretty sure everyone knows that's Edinburgh 😂

Haha, also a fair point..!

6 months with another year if we make Europe.

He’s not going to get a better set up/standard than that in his first 18 months in European football.

6 months to get used to it, then a high level for another 6 at worst. 

loveofthegame
Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

Plenty attacking options now that’s for sure

Shankland, Humphreys, Kuol, Oda, McKay, Forrest, Ginnelly, Henderson, then if Boyce makes an appreance before the end of the season. That’s some options 🤯

surely the next signing is a centre half!

Henderson won't play again and will be off in summer, but otherwise you are right. Suspect it spells the end for GMS too. Neither will be missed.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ok, own up, who’s in a frenzy….

All the daft tourists around the wee Dug as well.

AC Mallin_51
Just now, loveofthegame said:

Henderson won't play again and will be off in summer, but otherwise you are right. Suspect it spells the end for GMS too. Neither will be missed.

Yeah Henderson will be away I just listed him because he was an option, shows how much of an impact GMS has completely forgot he existed 

33 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to imagine he’s here to start most weeks so who drops out, Gino? 

I don't see our current set up guaranteeing him and Newcastle anything in writing in that respect (refering to rumours of such deals with Pereira etc which I never believed anyway).  Other loanees, even Simms wasn't a guaranteed starter.

He needs to earn it and in fact, surely that's better for the boy.  If he's better than Gino or Bazza, or Forrest or Oda, he'll get to play.  If he isn't, it's lesson for the boy on how to get in to a competitive team.  Howe will know this.

So of course he's coming to play and Newcastle will hope lots of minutes but the kid will need to earn it.  He'll be training at a higher level and intensity than he ever has and be fully part of the 1st team squad and that'll be a step towards next level.

I think what happens with loans to Championship teams is you can be a real peripheral figure.  I remember an interview with Beni where he said this, wasn't getting a game at his last loan out from Everton and was really marginalised and not part of things, felt part of a cast of thousands type thing.  If Kuol comes to Hearts, that won't happen.

Despite the usual English football fan arrogance, coming to Hearts or even Scottish football in general is a great loan move for kids.  Plenty have done it and went on to flourish.

6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Yeah Henderson will be away I just listed him because he was an option, shows how much of an impact GMS has completely forgot he existed 

I think Henderson and GMS will go this window. GMS maybe held back because he's injured which will make it more difficult to shift him out the door. 

5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Henderson should never have been brought back this season. Was zero chance he was going to make it. Never once seen anything from him that suggested he'd have a career here. Robbie should have let him go and enjoy his football in the lower leagues instead of wasting a full season sitting on the bench

Lucky he is clearly on the left hand side of the road heading INTO town. The other side and we’d have to consider whether he was just up collecting some stuff one of the Aussies is lending him and he’s away back down the road with it. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Henderson should never have been brought back this season. Was zero chance he was going to make it. Never once seen anything from him that suggested he'd have a career here. Robbie should have let him go and enjoy his football in the lower leagues instead of wasting a full season sitting on the bench

Purely a home grown thing for Europe I think 

The cynic in me thinks we need a more experienced goalscorer as cover for Shankland. Bringing in 2 younger players with no real goalscoring experience could be a big risk. For me it should be Oda and another experienced striker.

I know we have Humphreys but I don't see him as out and out striker in the Shankland mold.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He could be staying in the Apex Hotel down in the Grassmarket, only a short walk up to there!

1 minute ago, Rods said:

The cynic in me thinks we need a more experienced goalscorer as cover for Shankland. Bringing in 2 younger players with no real goalscoring experience could be a big risk. For me it should be Oda and another experienced striker.

I know we have Humphreys but I don't see him as out and out striker in the Shankland mold.

Finding an experienced goalscorer in January is an extremely hard task.

If we were to find someone in the Shankland mould they would also need to be happy sitting on the bench, which isn't gonna happen.

35 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Just be a matter of time before EEN post that he's in Edinburgh!

🤣 Less a newspaper more of a retweeting service. Wonder when they last had an exclusive?

loveofthegame
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think Gino and Humphrys become the cover for Shankland, with McKay, Forrest, Oda, Humphrys, Gino and to a lesser extent Halliday and Atkinson all providing cover out wide (plus GMS if he stays and Kuol if he signs). I think we're very very well covered in attacking areas if we do bring in Oda and Kuol. And then we've also been linked with Patterson (albeit looks less likely until summer now for various reasons).

I'd be focussing on a RCH now then I'd be pretty happy with our lot. A better back-up keeper be ideal but not going to happen with CG and ZC on the books - can't see the budget extending to a fourth senior keeper.

The Future's Maroon
25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

How's it not as clear as Simms lol its clearly 100% Edinburgh. He's at Greyfriars Bobby at the junction of Candlemaker Row, across the road from Chambers Street Museum. Simms was a random part of the Peebles road and could have been heading in any direction until someone actually recognised it. Its also definitely him as its a verified Insta account with a blue tick. 

image.thumb.png.54b15f9e9eda7d54767b2014988d7442.png

image.thumb.png.8067d3c828b4d76711cfa698b7fc6ab3.png

The fact you have had to explain that worries me about some on here lol

Phil D. Corners
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I don't see our current set up guaranteeing him and Newcastle anything in writing in that respect (refering to rumours of such deals with Pereira etc which I never believed anyway).  Other loanees, even Simms wasn't a guaranteed starter.

He needs to earn it and in fact, surely that's better for the boy.  If he's better than Gino or Bazza, or Forrest or Oda, he'll get to play.  If he isn't, it's lesson for the boy on how to get in to a competitive team.  Howe will know this.

So of course he's coming to play and Newcastle will hope lots of minutes but the kid will need to earn it.  He'll be training at a higher level and intensity than he ever has and be fully part of the 1st team squad and that'll be a step towards next level.

I think what happens with loans to Championship teams is you can be a real peripheral figure.  I remember an interview with Beni where he said this, wasn't getting a game at his last loan out from Everton and was really marginalised and not part of things, felt part of a cast of thousands type thing.  If Kuol comes to Hearts, that won't happen.

Despite the usual English football fan arrogance, coming to Hearts or even Scottish football in general is a great loan move for kids.  Plenty have done it and went on to flourish.

I agree. Hearts are in a good place with management can offer a good training setup.  The league gives players a chance to practice against smaller teams, but also play against big OF pair. 

Drylaw Hearts
On 01/01/2023 at 12:11, Drylaw Hearts said:

Apparently Newcastle looking to loan out some young Aussie striker they’ve just signed. If the lad is any good we are surely perfectly positioned for an 18 month loan deal?

Do I get a finders fee if this deal happens?

I don’t want to ruin anyones excitement yet but I’m going to remain dubious until I see it’s officially announced by the club. One reason he could be in Edinburgh is that it’s the nearest work visa office to Newcastle, I really hope I am looking too far into it and end up being wrong. He would be an extremely good signing and would show how far we’ve come as a club. 

Edited by H.M.F.C1874

He is 18 . If it does happen , then I would be hoping there are no clauses in his contract about having to play when fit or any thing . Would not be worrying about who drops out for him just yet 

Just now, Chimp said:

He is perhaps the type of boy who'll drop a league and end up back at St Johnstone or similar.  Liam Smith has forged a very decent career having left Hearts with perhaps similar appearances  Hope so, I like the kid.

Ricardo Quaresma
11 hours ago, Section Q said:

He's a Gattuso style of player. Never stops running and will get better/wiser with age.

That is a great point, he's a water carrier, but working on the attacking side and progressing well

28 minutes ago, keifrb said:

The image is from his genuine Instagram account, and I very much doubt it would be a social visit just after arriving in the UK.  

If he does say in for the season I would say that is the end of Euan Henderson and Gary Mackay-Steven time at Hearts.  I would fully expect him to rotate with Ginnelly and MacKay, guaranteeing decent game time for a 18 year old.

I think we can accommodate the guy well; I'm sure he'll start as sub and prove he deserves more time

That's if everyone is happy for the deal to go through

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***