• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

F3E71A33-08EF-4153-921F-C79E67B66D42.jpeg

The new player is clearly visible putting on his boots, he then rushed down onto the pitch to beat Stevenson and Marshall to the ball and stick it in the net

image.png.296325c03dd1eca6c620825bddd7f164.png

2 hours ago, brux said:

Was this announced by the club? Can't find it?

Nothing official has been announced. Media reports said mid January he would be over but Hearts haven’t made any official comment. 

Judging by the success Shankland has been, I would hope the club are looking seriously at Akinyemi. His goalscoring stats are phenomenal. If we had taken a punt on Shankland while he was playing at that level we would have saved a wad of cash. 

The Black Prince

Would love to see Kuol at Hearts (reacquainted with Rowles) but I understand NUFC have been inundated with loan offers and they say he's been learning Portuguese.

Gonna be a brilliant player.

26 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Judging by the success Shankland has been, I would hope the club are looking seriously at Akinyemi. His goalscoring stats are phenomenal. If we had taken a punt on Shankland while he was playing at that level we would have saved a wad of cash. 

Have you actually watched Akinyemi or are you just going by goal stats?

Completely different level when you step up to the Prem, for every Shankland there is a Wyness or El Alagui etc.

Not saying he wouldn't be able to make the step up, just curious if you've seen him and if he is an all round good player

45 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Got to remember that Shankland is probably a better player now due to his experience at Dundee Utd and spell in Belgium, no guarantee has we taken him from Ayr Utd that he would be the rounded player he is now. 

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Jambo said:

Garang Kuol just posted an insta story in Edinburgh 👀👀

Holy shit you are right!!

3 minutes ago, Melbourne Jambo said:

Garang Kuol just posted an insta story in Edinburgh 👀👀

I do think the Aussie connections we have could be a big factor. As well as the playing side, Newcastle will be aware that he is only just turned 18 and will need some help off the pitch as well. Having the likes of Rowles who he played with at club level might be a massive swing in our favour. 

3 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Holy shit you are right!!

Just seen this as well. This might be happening. He was at the Emirates on Tuesday for the Newcastle game, no reason for him to be here unless he was signing. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Surely no! 

Kuol in Edinburgh! 

Got to imagine he's here to sign. We might have been in discussions with Newcastle over the WC break, no idea how long these things take to get done but if he's up here surely he will be a Hearts player before the day is out. 

Will also be interesting to see the length of the loan deal. Is 18 months out the equation? He is only 18 so Newcastle might want him to get some exposure over a period of time. Or they may look for 6 months up here before loaning him out to a Championship side in the summer. 

There is legit no other reason as to why he would be in Edinburgh, it was said he would train with Newcastle straight away.. So it's not like he's been given time off for a jolly upto Edinbrugh

Melbourne Jambo
10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I do think the Aussie connections we have could be a big factor. As well as the playing side, Newcastle will be aware that he is only just turned 18 and will need some help off the pitch as well. Having the likes of Rowles who he played with at club level might be a massive swing in our favour. 

Think this will be the clincher. If it's not us, it's probably lower end Championship/League 1 - we offer a more professional set up than most of those, plus think the Aussie connection with give him a warm welcome rather than "this guy is here to take my spot". 

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to imagine he’s here to start most weeks so who drops out, Gino? 

Absolutely not. Why would it be Gino?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Melbourne Jambo said:

Think this will be the clincher. If it's not us, it's probably lower end Championship/League 1 - we offer a more professional set up than most of those, plus think the Aussie connection with give him a warm welcome rather than "this guy is here to take my spot". 

Yip, plus a happy,  winning team.

Much better for a young lad over a relegation fight or mincing about mid table.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, The Black Prince said:

If it really is him, he can't spell his own name correctly...

oh it’s him alright…

21FACF68-F9C7-4CBE-A066-820065EB5450.jpeg

8E92F7D4-AACE-4409-9289-5B858C61DBD7.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Black Prince said:

If it really is him, he can't spell his own name correctly...

Or hes changed it for a twitter handle.

Twitter is full of fake shite tho.

Bazzas right boot

Why was he called the " great white hope" in the press- the lad is black.

🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, William H. Bonney said:

Roadworks and a discarded Christmas tree. 

Beautiful picture.  

You can really see the true beauty of the city don’t you think? Roadworks are a real hallmark of what the city brings. 

Just now, William H. Bonney said:

Beautiful picture.  

Yep,sells the city well. Expect Messi is all over skyscanner right now.

Dont mean to put a negative slide on this but he is arguably closer to Easter Road there .....

Only joking what a signing he would be, and shows where the club is heading.

Edited by steve123

Howdy Doody Jambo

That's definitely George iv Bridge, you can  see the Greyfriers Boaby besides nobody has roadworks like Edinburgh and it's pishing doon as per

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Absolute Scenes

The only other reason would be to maybe catch up with Rowles and Devlin but seems a weird time of the week to be doing that, so close to game day. I think it’s on

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why was he called the " great white hope" in the press- the lad is black.

🤷‍♂️

Whoa man, ye cannae go saying stuff like that. It's no the dark ages ffs. 

Except,it mostly is in the Weedge. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Or we signed him at exactly the correct age and time. 

I also think Neilson was a big factor in Shankland coming here.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The only other reason would be to maybe catch up with Rowles and Devlin but seems a weird time of the week to be doing that, so close to game day. I think it’s on

Yeah no reason for him to be up here if he wasn't signing or at least potentially signing.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Or Natty. 

If I was a betting man I’d be getting fairly confident this is reasonably close. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Not quite as clear as Simms on the motorway that time but guess it could be Edinburgh.

Has to be up here for look at city/club with view to loan, surely. Could be first of a few though. Exciting times

3 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Beautiful picture.  

It’s his clever way of saying Christmas is over and time for the hard work to begin😉

I wonder if we'll have a clause that allows us to have first option to take him on loan for another year next season if he does well?

Probably not though, I'd imagine if he does well they'll want him playing at a higher level in a different league. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Whoa man, ye cannae go saying stuff like that. It's no the dark ages ffs. 

Except,it mostly is in the Weedge. 

Aye, but why is he called the "great white hope"?

Am I missing something?

Australia's national colours are yellow  and he's black?

Where the **** does the white come into it?

Or the "hope" for that matter.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Not quite as clear as Simms on the motorway that time but guess it could be Edinburgh.

Has to be up here for look at city/club with view to loan, surely. Could be first of a few though. Exciting times

It's Edinburgh, very clear.

2 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Absolutely no doubt that is Edinburgh, near Grey Friars Bobby statue and road leading down into the Grass Market.

Never Let Them Forget
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

I wonder if we'll have a clause that allows us to have first option to take him on loan for another year next season if he does well?

Probably not though, I'd imagine if he does well they'll want him playing at a higher level in a different league. 

Will be playing European football next season if he signs with us for the 18 months.

18 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Got to imagine he’s here to start most weeks so who drops out, Gino? 

Hopefully mackay better impact of the bench 

The Black Prince

He has a wicked sense of humour by all accounts. If it really is him I'll bet he's dashed up to see his mates but knows what a stir such an insta post would cause.

Would love to be wrong but if it happens, I don't think it will happen yet.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***