*** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***

dazajmbo

40 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

But £5m is a RIDICULOUS number to ask for or expect? 

Yep!

Hibs got £2.5m for Boyle. Are you suggesting Devlin is worth twice the amount? 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Yep!

Hibs got £2.5m for Boyle. Are you suggesting Devlin is worth twice the amount? 

Another one that doesn't get it.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

It's implied. Numerous times.

No it's not, you made it up.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

When we offer Cammy a new contract then there will probably be an agreement to sell if a specific price comes in for him at a later date.   Be £1m £2m £5m, there will be an agreement based on realistic offers we could receive and the wages that he could get to set for life.  If we don't then he could walk for nothing. 

Yip, common sense. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No it's not, you made it up.

Of course it is. Folk creaming themselves to say Devlin isn't worth £5m. Who gives a ****. We should be demanding £10m if he's wanted. What's so hard to understand about this?! 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Another one that doesn't get it.

I do get it, it’s just my head isn’t in the clouds. You’re the one spouting nonsense that people think he’s only worth 400k. Nobody has insinuated or suggested he's worth such a measly amount.  We all rate him highly but a lot of us are realistic about his worth and his limitations as a player.  

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've no had a car crash of a thread like this since eh .... the last transfer window. That would be some read in hindsight. Folk having tantrums about Snodgrass and Shankland not being the 'next level'. Some really embarrassing stuff posted on both.

Championship striker and the other is past it don't you know

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Of course it is. Folk creaming themselves to say Devlin isn't worth £5m. Who gives a ****. We should be demanding £10m if he's wanted. What's so hard to understand about this?! 

Nothing. 

No-one  said sell him for £400k tho, you made that up.

36 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Changed the game tonight tbf.

He's a good player for them but he has no intention of going back to Everton. It's a 2 year loan deal with an obligation to make it permanent in summer

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing. 

No-one  said sell him for £400k tho, you made that up.

Well done clever cloggs. I made up the number of £400k. The principal behind it was to highlight some saying we couldn't or shouldn't be selling him for anywhere near a high number. 

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I do get it, it’s just my head isn’t in the clouds. You’re the one spouting nonsense that people think he’s only worth 400k. Nobody has insinuated or suggested he's worth such a measly amount.  We all rate him highly but a lot of us are realistic about his worth and his limitations as a player.  

Again, you don't get it. 

3 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Ellis Simms chose Sunderland for his most recent loan and has just been promoted to Everton's 1st team.  That was despite having been here and done well,  and having the lure of European football.  We may want to believe we are more attractive,  and in some respects we are,  but I'm not sure that Scottish football is seen as a better alternative to the Championship as long as the player will be getting decent game time of course.   That's putting aside their ability to pay a greater % of the players wage too.    

Everton chose Sunderland for Simms last loan move because they agreed to pay 100% of his wages :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Wonder why Everton dont recall Moise Kean from Juve instead of Simms?  Weird one.

Think one of the big reasons might be down to FFP rules. Think Everton are skirting pretty close to that coastline and it's had a heft effect on transfer dealings. Every penny is a prisoner, an aw that. 

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Think one of the big reasons might be down to FFP rules. Think Everton are skirting pretty close to that coastline and it's had a heft effect on transfer dealings. Every penny is a prisoner, an aw that. 

also isnt there potential issues with recalling players that on loan at clubs in different countries?

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The lad has barely played any first team football. Senior starts is below 5. He isn’t going on loan to the Premiership down south. 

Why are you talking down our club anyway?

It really is tedious and weird , Scottish football cringe 

Rick Sanchez

Ronan nowhere again tonight. Big decision for him soon. I think he's got Aberdeen all over him now tbh.

I don't think we've got a place for him anymore.

Who knew this thread could actually get worse now the window is open. 😂

what a ****ing shitshow. 

Edited by Dazo

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ronan nowhere again tonight. Big decision for him soon. I think he's got Aberdeen all over him now tbh.

I don't think we've got a place for him anymore.

I don’t actually . Duk, clarkson and Miovski ar r their best 3 players.  I can’t see them investing in another forward who operates centrally and neglecting to take care of their real problems. 

Mainly the back 4

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Well done clever cloggs. I made up the number of £400k. The principal behind it was to highlight some saying we couldn't or shouldn't be selling him for anywhere near a high number. 

So saying he isn't worth £5m = sell him for £400k....

You on the disco biscuits?

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who knew this thread could actually get worse now the window is actually open. 😂

what a ****ing shitshow. 

A lot of bored people who don’t understand how transfers work. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Think you’re being a bit kind to a lot of people. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who knew this thread could actually get worse now the window is actually open. 😂

what a ****ing shitshow. 

images (1).jpeg

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We ask for 4m get offered 3m, we up.it to 4.5m 

With us being 3rd -again we can probably get more for our players. 

Lucky we are constantly in 3rd place, eh?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

With us being 3rd -again we can probably get more for our players. 

Lucky we are constantly in 3rd place, eh?

Don't tempt fate eh?

Wasn’t sure whether to post this but there was a guy sitting a few seats along from Savage and Budge on Monday who I hadn’t noticed previously. Maybe strange to say but had the look of a footballer and wondered if he was a potential signing taking in the game. He had a striking resemblance to Natty Atkinson but with a beard similar to Grant. Thought it may have been Nat’s brother but player family and friends usually sit lower in section PR.

I’m no going back into the pages of dross about potential valuations but I partly started it earlier so apologies. Some folk still aren’t getting it though. It’s not what our players are worth or their market value, it’s what they’re worth to us. 

Craig Gordon for instance. (Pre Xmas eve of course) 40 years old, historic knee issues and one of the last remaining ‘old school’ goalkeepers. What’s his market value? £500k? If that. 

What’s he worth to us? 10x that at least. And that will go for the vast majority of our top players because they play in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Snodders said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this but there was a guy sitting a few seats along from Savage and Budge on Monday who I hadn’t noticed previously. Maybe strange to say but had the look of a footballer and wondered if he was a potential signing taking in the game. He had a striking resemblance to Natty Atkinson but with a beard similar to Grant. Thought it may have been Nat’s brother but player family and friends usually sit lower in section PR.

was he wearing a black hat?

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Me coming onto this thread hoping to get updates on Oda, Kuol or even Sueng-woo or a CB…

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493buggk3nin737805ne54

:653:

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

was he wearing a black hat?

No, he had short dirty blondish/light brown hair. There was something really familiar about him. Really wish I’d taken a photo now.

I think Devlin is worth more to us than another team would offer imo.

Teams with £5m to spend on a midfielder are probably at a level where they'd be looking for someone at a higher technical level.

I reckon we'd maybe get c.£1.5 to 2.5 million for him, and quite honestly I'd rather keep him, though the higher end would be tempting I guess.

I appreciate eventually his contract will run out and blow the above out the water.

No idea what’s happened here, I’ve clicked on the Winter Transfer Thread and read 4 pages back of absolute dross.

Devlins getting sold and that’s about it 😂

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

also isnt there potential issues with recalling players that on loan at clubs in different countries?

Yeah, think so. Probably to do with the Loan fees clubs are paying these days. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don't think anyone does in truth. So many variables that its really impossible to pin down 

3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

No idea what’s happened here, I’ve clicked on the Winter Transfer Thread and read 4 pages back of absolute dross.

Devlins getting sold and that’s about it 😂

Ah but for how much? :whistling:😂

39 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Who knew this thread could actually get worse now the window is open. 😂

what a ****ing shitshow. 

It'll get worse

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Snodders said:

My mate was in skyline hospitality on Monday and sent me a photo of the front row where Budge and Savage sit. I’ve looked and can’t really see anyone of that ilk. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

My mate was in skyline hospitality on Monday and sent me a photo of the front row where Budge and Savage sit. I’ve looked and can’t really see anyone of that ilk. 

Can you post it? He would have been about 5/6 seats to Mrs Budge’s right.

TynecastleBC5
14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Me coming onto this thread hoping to get updates on Oda, Kuol or even Sueng-woo or a CB…

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493buggk3nin737805ne54

Nothing, so why not add to all the utter drivel being posted 🙄😂

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Snodders said:

164E8FAB-816B-4D15-842A-637D34818299.jpeg

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Snodders said:

F3E71A33-08EF-4153-921F-C79E67B66D42.jpeg

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Winter Transfer Thread - Henderson and Connor Smith loaned out***