King Charles the third

Jambo 4 Ever

16 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I love history.  Always been aware that you need to understand that before you can form an opinion.  Watching a lot of the stuff today is history in the making.  It will be fine interesting to see how I feel about it all in six months time.  At the moment a person of a grand old age has passed.  It is extremely sad for this large family as it would be for any family who lose the one that binds them.  History will determine the next phase of this particular family's and their individual lives.

Everthing is history mate - having someone with hands the size of Kenny Everett gloves proclaiming he's the heid mason is only significant to simpering monarchists - ask someone from abroad what the world is making of this beyond the superficial platitudes.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

nae class

That was the time BJ ran out the back of Bute house - couple of years ago.  WTF is that bot churning out that crap for?

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, briever said:

Everthing is history mate - having someone with hands the size of Kenny Everett gloves proclaiming he's the heid mason is only significant to simpering monarchists - ask someone from abroad what the world is making of this beyond the superficial platitudes.

Sorry no idea what all that means, I am not very clever.  Sure it makes some sense to others though.

22 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

I love history.  Always been aware that you need to understand that before you can form an opinion.  Watching a lot of the stuff today is history in the making.  It will be fine interesting to see how I feel about it all in six months time.  At the moment a person of a grand old age has passed.  It is extremely sad for this large family as it would be for any family who lose the one that binds them.  History will determine the next phase of this particular family's and their individual lives.

I do too, but appreciating the significance of big events is one thing, living under a ridiculously outdated system is another.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I do too, but appreciating the significance of big events is one thing, living under a ridiculously outdated system is another.

Aye agree I am no Royalist but you have to understand it before you can be against it 😃

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Aye agree I am no Royalist but you have to understand it before you can be against it 😃

I dont understand paedophilia - but I am against it.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

King Charles to reign over us.
:rofl:

As The Weather Girls predicted some time ago " It's Reigning Men" again.

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I find it fascinating seeing the news reports * when I have actually watched them) of those odd people who are standing outside various palaces etc.  

I blame social media to a large extent. This is just the latest fad fueling a craving to be part of something / anything so that they feel they have a place in the world and can engage in some one-upmanship with their real or imaginary friends on Facebook. Weirdos.

8 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I blame social media to a large extent. This is just the latest fad fueling a craving to be part of something / anything so that they feel they have a place in the world and can engage in some one-upmanship with their real or imaginary friends on Facebook. Weirdos.

Yep . That’s it . Probably get a few “ likes” for it on Facebook . Suppose it’s virtue signalling too . And as you say feeling they got a place in “ history. “ by attending this weird things . 

21 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As The Weather Girls predicted some time ago " It's Reigning Men" again.

EB0B48A0-1B4A-4E8F-A08B-A7DBBB62E24D.gif

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

What's the problem?

There isn't. Every stupid numpty that dislikes NS just posts nonsense as an excuse to have a go over nothing. Lack of intellect in most.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Funnily enough this was before social media 🤣

Queen-Victorias-Funeral-1901.png

Great picture. It really must amaze some posters on here that the Royal family are extremely popular with loads of people in Scotland, in the UK and rest of world.

Pictures like this do tend to back that view up.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

It cuts both ways. 

Look at the folk on here trying to outdo others' "edgy" comments.

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Great picture. It really must amaze some posters on here that the Royal family are extremely popular with loads of people in Scotland, in the UK and rest of world.

As a rule they're not as noisy as the anti brigade.

22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Older generations tended to like the royal family more 

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:rofl:

Nucky Thompson

His Royal Highness has gotten off to a splendid start.

The popularity ratings for the Monarchy and the Union will be at an all-time high :sweeet:

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

Social media wasn’t a thing in 1997.

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The popularity ratings for the Monarchy and the Union will be at an all-time high :sweeet:

Can you keep your O face to yourself.

17 minutes ago, briever said:

Social media wasn’t a thing in 1997.

Yeah and no, I remember being in a chat room the day after she died where a guy called the Ghost of Lady Di kept popping up going wooooo.  People were going nanners. I assume there were royalist chat rooms out there too

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

A picture from Queen Victoria's funeral cortege in London in 1901 is certainly evidence of widespread support for the royals in modern-day Scotland.

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I find it fascinating seeing the news reports * when I have actually watched them) of those odd people who are standing outside various palaces etc.  

Mmmm such an odd phenomena.

Wonder if it will catch on.

Difficult act to follow and part of me would think it respectably English if the monarchy survives.

Englands governance is resolute and somewhat admirable in the sense that its so cleverly skewed.

Following from @Ulysses thread all of a sudden the question of his role as King needs sorted.

Or does it?

Do we really need a political head of state or is it not better a ceremonial one?

13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Mmmm such an odd phenomena.

Wonder if it will catch on.

It will as it’s the Dullards / brain dead are taking in the hysteria piped into their brains by the mass media . Look at the state of bbc ! 24/7 coverage ! 

21 minutes ago, Ked said:

Difficult act to follow and part of me would think it respectably English if the monarchy survives.

Englands governance is resolute and somewhat admirable in the sense that its so cleverly skewed.

Following from @Ulysses thread all of a sudden the question of his role as King needs sorted.

Or does it?

Do we really need a political head of state or is it not better a ceremonial one?

The big thing is, for the majority of people on this planet, never mind the UK, it's always been The Queen.

Certain things were important to her reputation, the perception of being in it with everyone else during the war, carrying herself in a certain way, taking the role seriously, etc. She does have people's respect in one way or another, and she's just always been there.

Charles is a figure of fun for many, there's much larger scope for blatant disrespect. There are Di lovers, there are traditionalists, there are some who just hate Camilla. There are some who cringe at his social engineering experiments, and others at how goofy his persona is.

It's going to be a much harder gig to hold the whole thing together now, and I think we'll see the gloves off from many quarters.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

As has Liz Truss their upcoming national tour together adds to the death throws off Scottish independence 

GSTK 

Edited by manaliveits105

Geoff Kilpatrick

4 day weekend here in Victoria with the national day of mourning on 22 September and Grand Final Friday the day after.

GSTK! :)

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

As has Liz Truss their upcoming national tour together adds to the death throws off Scottish independence 

GSTK 

😂😂

I've been avoiding broadcast media like the plague but I've found I can't watch Liz Truss. I just can't bear it, there's too much cringiness in everything she does. She's blatantly shit, so pleased with herself for being there, and she's going to get utterly annihilated.

Big Chuck's making me cringe as well though, anyone else?

Thing is, despite it all I do think there's a general well meaning thing from him but there's something else. Maybe it's that his face betrays emotion too easily, it gives him a very different vibe to what we expect and are used to.

As a nation we don't like change, it'll certainly be fascinating how we deal with this once our coins, stamps, etc change - he's been waiting half a century to make his mark, I reckon we'll be swamped with royal activity.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've been avoiding broadcast media like the plague but I've found I can't watch Liz Truss. I just can't bear it, there's too much cringiness in everything she does. She's blatantly shit, so pleased with herself for being there, and she's going to get utterly annihilated.

Big Chuck's making me cringe as well though, anyone else?

Thing is, despite it all I do think there's a general well meaning thing from him but there's something else. Maybe it's that his face betrays emotion too easily, it gives him a very different vibe to what we expect and are used to.

As a nation we don't like change, it'll certainly be fascinating how we deal with this once our coins, stamps, etc change - he's been waiting half a century to make his mark, I reckon we'll be swamped with royal activity.

With regards Chuck at least his new title has given us all a great new rhyming slang phrase for a number two 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

With regards Chuck at least his new title has given us all a great new rhyming slang phrase for a number two 

Which is cool, because his wife already gave us an amusing term for bowels, they truly were meant to be

The Mighty Thor
59 minutes ago, jonesy said:

My youngest, in particular, who asked if he was now a dinosaur.

Your youngest shows a wisdom beyond his years. 

Mother's side obviously 😉

The Mighty Thor
Just now, jonesy said:

I'd hesitate before declaring any woman who decided marrying me was a good idea as being a source of wisdom 

I managed it twice.

Take what you like from that 😂