King Charles the third

Jambo 4 Ever

“ I Charles by the Grace of God and Defender of the Faith, do faithfully promise and swear that I shall inviolably maintain and preserve the Settlement of the true Protestant Religion An Act for securing the Protestant Religion and Presbyterian Church Government God Save our King

Lots of people not up to speed with the baked in sectarianism of the British state are going to be in for a shock today.

Whatever a person thinks of monarchy, and I'm not making any comment about it at this juncture, as one of many millions of Roman Catholics, Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, agnostics and atheists in the United Kingdom, I would be delighted to hear intelligent people justify this in 2022?

Edited by briever

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

manaliveits105

Fantastic pomp and ceremony today nobody does it like the British 

Defender of the faith in Scotland the Parkhead Pyros will be ragin - good 

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, briever said:

“ I Charles by the Grace of God and Defender of the Faith, do faithfully promise and swear that I shall inviolably maintain and preserve the Settlement of the true Protestant Religion An Act for securing the Protestant Religion and Presbyterian Church Government God Save our King

Lots of people not up to speed with the baked in sectarianism of the British state are going to be in for a shock today.

Whatever a person thinks of monarchy, and I'm not making any comment about it at this juncture, as one of many millions of Roman Catholics, Muslims, Sikhs, Jews, agnostics and atheists in the United Kingdom, I would be delighted to hear intelligent people justify this in 2022?

The main stand at Tynecastle should be named The Presbyterian Stand 

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, briever said:

That first paragraph.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

given the circumstances of the best of nutrition healthcare housing general support etc not to mention the longevity of his parents (probably also due to some of these reasons) you can probably add a few years on to that top-end estimate 

long to rein over us ……. :)

Its unclear about whether a dry or wet diet aids this. Regular walks are meant to be beneficial. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

He is not defender of the faith in Scotland. He is head of the church of England. God is the Head of the church of Scotland.

Church of England was started by Henry the VIII, because he got the hump with the Pope who wouldn't grant him a divorce from one of his six wives.

Hence why the monarch is head of the church of England.

1 hour ago, briever said:

Did he state the independence of the CoS?

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

He's a member of the Church of Scotland. Not here Head. And Jesus is the true king of Scotland. :thumbsup: He's just King of Scots.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, briever said:

You can blame all levels of Parliament. They could have reformed the Act of Supremacy and The Act of Union. As no politician did it, he has to comply with the oath.

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Fantastic to see Nicola Sturgeon as a key figure in making Charles the King of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It must have choked many Rangers fans seeing the monarch supporting Nationalist representing our country. Her signature to the declaration now recorded for posterity. :2thumbsup:

He's not King of Scotland, Scotland belongs to the people. Charles is the King of Scots.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

She's always been pro the monarchy, ridiculous amount of crap posted about the SNP Nationalists wanting shot of them.

(not aimed at you)

It's a political tactic. Why say you'd get rid and alienate monarchists, when you don't have to. Post independence we'll be putting it to the people.

The jug ears , tree hugger , can do one . 
He’s also  an adulterer who’s last wife died in mysterious circumstances . 

He’s just carrying on this ludicrous elitist archaic bollocks . 

He’s the type of looney who will end up With various other loonies in his court . Best watch out that might not end well . 

0ECFC9A8-2568-428D-8A4A-A17EB7485B41.webp

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You can blame all levels of Parliament. They could have reformed the Act of Supremacy and The Act of Union. As no politician did it, he has to comply with the oath.

He does indeed.

manaliveits105

Elsie looks like she is wallowing in British aristocracy world - I wonder  what title she  will choose when she slips into The House of Lords 

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Elsie looks like she is wallowing in British aristocracy world - I wonder  what title she  will choose when she slips into The House of Lords 

Baroness Elsie de Govanhill ? 

Jeffros Furios
30 minutes ago, escobri said:

I wonder if Saudi clubs have forums with such diverse comments on the Royals, heads chopped off a plenty 🤣🪓

No heads chopped off , just Covid jabs .

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

He is not defender of the faith in Scotland. He is head of the church of England. God is the Head of the church of Scotland.

Church of England was started by Henry the VIII, because he got the hump with the Pope who wouldn't grant him a divorce from one of his six wives.

Hence why the monarch is head of the church of England.

At last, an informed explanation of the religious bit.   Well done, sir. 👍 

In all seriousness. Good luck to the man. He's been waiting a long time for his serendipity. I feel for him and his family losing your parents, it's not an easy thing to cope with, while trying to get on with life without them. But he is now head of his entire and needs to put his emotions to when he's by himself. 

Like most, I separate the institute he represents from the actual person he is. We're all human and we all suffer the emotional rollercoaster of happiness and turmoil of this event in time we call 'Life'.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

In all seriousness. Good luck to the man. He's been waiting a long time for his serendipity. I feel for him and his family losing your parents, it's not an easy thing to cope with, while trying to get on with life without them. But he is now head of his entire and needs to put his emotions to when he's by himself. 

Like most, I separate the institute he represents from the actual person he is. We're all human and we all suffer the emotional rollercoaster of happiness and turmoil of this event in time we call 'Life'.

You feeling ok, ri ?  :whistling:

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s the type of looney who will end up With various other loonies in his court . Best watch out that might not end well . 

0ECFC9A8-2568-428D-8A4A-A17EB7485B41.webp

Charlie was ahead of the game when it comes to the environment. You have to give him that.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

You feeling ok, ri ?  :whistling:

Just thinking about my Wee Maw and my Dad. I hope he doesn't feel the pain I had and still have .

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just thinking about my Wee Maw and my Dad. I hope he doesn't feel the pain I had and still have .

👍  Someone once described  major trauma  events like that in terms of a prison cell for your memory - it suddenly  pulls you in and locks the door behind you for a few minutes or hours or days - then releases you, until the next time.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

👍  Someone once described  major trauma  events like that in terms of a prison cell for your memory - it suddenly  pulls you in and locks the door behind you for a few minutes or hours or days - then releases you, until the next time.

👍

Wow, just wow for this thread. Started by the biggest troll on this board and followed up by loads of pro/anti loyalists posts arguing over it. I've not got a clue what side I should be on but it's fun to watch. 

been here before
17 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know there’s a thread about the Queen but Think it’s worth having a separate thread for our new King 

He did a great statement today I thought - less than 24 hours after saying goodbye to his mother - not many could have been so composed 

Ummm too true mate.

Hopefully he finds a role for Andrew back in the forefront of Royal life too mate.

Edited by been here before

11 minutes ago, briever said:

Any truth in the rumour that when he wanted to be a tampon it was because he knew he was a stuck up ^^^^

https://twitter.com/Rogue_74/status/1568619005706895360?t=7l4WJxnMclkkoGCH5rP2mQ&s=19

Aye to be fair Ive often agreed with many of his views . However he wont be able to express much once he is King I suppose.  Quite right too as its meant to be a completely neutral role. 

Creepy Andrew now being interviewed etc.  Project " rehabilitation " of Andrew now complete.  Disgusting really. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Creepy Andrew now being interviewed etc.  Project " rehabilitation " of Andrew now complete.  Disgusting really. 

No way that will happen - too much even for the most successful PR machine in history.

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’ll be looking after the bairns during the funeral next. 

12 minutes ago, briever said:

No way that will happen - too much even for the most successful PR machine in history.

he already has. hes being interviewed and is visible a lot . small steps and all. 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

he already has. hes being interviewed and is visible a lot . small steps and all. 

Oh I am sure they will try, they won't succeed though.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Nice words ri and nice to read something genuine from someone in amongst all the point scoring on the topic. 

Edited by Taffin

56 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I find it odd that people identify themselves as a royalist. 

I find it fascinating seeing the news reports * when I have actually watched them) of those odd people who are standing outside various palaces etc.  

joondalupjambo

I love history.  Always been aware that you need to understand that before you can form an opinion.  Watching a lot of the stuff today is history in the making.  It will be fine interesting to see how I feel about it all in six months time.  At the moment a person of a grand old age has passed.  It is extremely sad for this large family as it would be for any family who lose the one that binds them.  History will determine the next phase of this particular family's and their individual lives.

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It looks like the Archbishop of Canterbury is prepared to overlook this minor indiscretion.  The rules seem to be flexible when it comes to aristocracy.