• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Taffin

Ricardo Quaresma
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They are 2-0 up now, 2 of their top 3 scorers have scored; the other, he's their top scorer with 14 in 28 games, Ilic, went off at HT

Scrub that About Ilic coming off, he came on at HT,  just scored their 3rd

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Based on?

Shame if true, let's hope he doesn't become an injury liability - is this the same injury that kept him out last season?

We_are_the_Hearts

Neilson says he is 50/50. I also got told Forrest was seen at the hospital on Thu night with a moonboot and crutches so doubt he is 50/50.

2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Neilson says he is 50/50. I also got told Forrest was seen at the hospital on Thu night with a moonboot and crutches so doubt he is 50/50.

It’s getting to the stage every time one of our players gets tackled or tackles I worry 🤷‍♂️    

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm really not bothered already about this competition, you could feel the apathy at Tynecastle on Thursday, wonder why we even bothered qualifying. Anyone in doubt we keep them for the league game on Sunday. 

The real disappointment players coming in are not taking their chance

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm really not bothered already about this competition, you could feel the apathy at Tynecastle on Thursday, wonder why we even bothered qualifying. Anyone in doubt we keep them for the league game on Sunday. 

We qualified as that was reward for coming third and getting to the cup final. The money earned is a nice bonus as well. 

I would imagine they are quite confident which concerns me.

Hopefully Kio can play and maybe get Sibbick or Neilson in as it sounds like they have a team full of 6ft plus players.

Think this is going to be another night where we struggle to get anything. If Halkett is out or not 100% to play 90 minutes going by Neilson's comment then it will be a tough match as we are so ill equipped to be tight at the back without him. Our defence has been a shambles most of the season. Really could do with a confidence booster ahead of Motherwell as no doubt that's going to be another slog at a venue where we have had horror shows at over the last few seasons. The period we are going through feels familiar to how we performed at the turn of the year. It's about grinding out a couple of positive results to turn it around again. 

On holiday for this one - so be iPad and San Miguel’s on the balcony  

No idea what to expect  

They looked absolutely horrific borderline comical vs linfield , yet despite the stats fought out a draw in Florence  

2-2 in an entertaining game 

We_are_the_Hearts
23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

So are we better finishing 5th in the League so we don’t qualify??

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Looks like Halkett isn’t going to make it… again… 

Quelle surprise.

You can all tell me to **** off but something like Zone 7 would sort this shitfest out - and I am not on a retainer but I know and trust the people involved.

Players continually breaking down doesnt happen under the monitoring they do.

And we, stupid arseholes that we are, turned it down. Because we thought our useless science arseholes that keep allowing players getting injured knew best.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Quelle surprise.

You can all tell me to **** off but something like Zone 7 would sort this shitfest out - and I am not on a retainer but I know and trust the people involved.

Players continually breaking down doesnt happen under the monitoring they do.

And we, stupid arseholes that we are, turned it down. Because we thought our useless science arseholes that keep allowing players getting injured knew best.

We don't have players continually breaking down though. Beni and Boyce are cruciate injuries, Rowles has broken his foot. The injuries aren't to do with conditioning.  Even Halkett he ****ed his hamstring by overstretching, it happens.

11 hours ago, Sherbet said:

With robbie we are still waiting     so due one?

I figure it's kind of a one-in-twenty kind of thing, so probably not given that we've played a total of 3 European games since being promoted again.

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We don't have players continually breaking down though. Beni and Boyce are cruciate injuries, Rowles has broken his foot. The injuries aren't to do with conditioning.  Even Halkett he ****ed his hamstring by overstretching, it happens.

It's been going on for years now. 

13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's been going on for years now. 

Its nowhere near the same situation as Levein's era. We lost 3 players against St Johnstone, none due to conditioning. Same when we lost 4 to United last season. Sometimes you're just unlucky.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Its nowhere near the same situation as Levein's era. We lost 3 players against St Johnstone, none due to conditioning. Same when we lost 4 to United last season. Sometimes you're just unlucky.

Halkett, Souttar, Smith  and Haring all broke down coming back from injuries last season off the top of my head.  It's nowhere near as bad no, but it's still pretty consistent.  Its gotten to the stage now when a player gets injured and nearly clear to come back then it's completely guesswork as to when they will actually play. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Edit - from the official USA website

WHO SHOULD APPLY?

• You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
  • You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
  • Your travel is for 90 days or less.
  • You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
  • You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons

Are we  playing this game in the you esss of ehhh? 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

There's £4/500k at stake just for winning on Thursday. The two games v RFS are huge for this reason.

This competition is also what last season's efforts were all about. The transfer window showed us that just getting there in itself is not the financial game changer some people thought. Even in the likely event we don't qualify, we need to be at our best to try and scrape as much cash and as many coefficient points as we can to give us something to build on.

Even from a "the league is more important" point of view, putting in a half-arsed Conference League campaign could put a dampener on the whole season hardly provides the motivation to finish third again.

If Halkett's hamstring is in doubt I wouldn't risk him for either game considering the international break is coming up. That said, I'd be less keen to risk it in one of our 33 remaining league games than I would in a European game with potentially much more far-reaching consequences.

Really not sure what to expect from this, just hope we play with some cohesion this time.

As people have said it’s hard to gauge how good/bad this mob actually are. Although to be honest if we were playing Linfield I wouldn’t be sure who

Would be favourites either.

31 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

There's £4/500k at stake just for winning on Thursday. The two games v RFS are huge for this reason.

This competition is also what last season's efforts were all about. The transfer window showed us that just getting there in itself is not the financial game changer some people thought. Even in the likely event we don't qualify, we need to be at our best to try and scrape as much cash and as many coefficient points as we can to give us something to build on.

Even from a "the league is more important" point of view, putting in a half-arsed Conference League campaign could put a dampener on the whole season hardly provides the motivation to finish third again.

If Halkett's hamstring is in doubt I wouldn't risk him for either game considering the international break is coming up. That said, I'd be less keen to risk it in one of our 33 remaining league games than I would in a European game with potentially much more far-reaching consequences.

Agree fully. I'm okay with us de-prioritizing the competition, but we should at least put out our best side against RFS and try to get some European wins just for the experience. If we play a B side and park the bus in Florence and Istanbul, I can live with that.

18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Basaksehir 1-0 up away to Besiktas. 

Safe to say we met a very solid side last week 

7 added minutes. So much shithousery I think it will be closer to 10! 🙂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Boyle - injured and out of games twice this year.

Halkett ditto

Cammy Ditto

Kinglsey ditto

Halliday - injured on and off permanently

Alan Forest now injured (first time)

Grant injured once also

Atkinson injured once

We are tin pot when it comes to Injuries - nobody has the injuries we have had the last 3 out of 4 seasons.

Our sport science team isn’t fit for purpose. Any other business they’d have been sacked. But I’m sure they’re all one of the boys deep down though and they are a good laugh and good for the dressing room. 

17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Halkett ditto

Cammy Ditto

Kinglsey ditto

Grant injured once also

Atkinson injured once

We are tin pot when it comes to Injuries - nobody has the injuries we have had the last 3 out of 4 seasons.

Our sport science team isn’t fit for purpose. Any other business they’d have been sacked. But I’m sure they’re all one of the boys deep down though and they are a good laugh and good for the dressing room. 

As you seem to be some sort of expert, can you tell us how many of these injuries are down to poor fitness levels 

mulleted_jambo
9 hours ago, NB GIN said:

We are finishing bottom regardless 

opened my eyes that Turkish team 

To be fair they were top seeds in the group and will be the best team by far. 

Who knows with the rest. 

Fiorentina - struggling in a good league. Hardly scoring any goals. 
RFS - doing well in a crap league. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As you seem to be some sort of expert, can you tell us how many of these injuries are down to poor fitness levels 

I’m not an expert. I just know people who are. Do some research - not my job to teach.

As an aside your favourite team is signed up so you should be on board

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Halkett ditto

Cammy Ditto

Kinglsey ditto

Grant injured once also

Atkinson injured once

Making a noise, just for the sake of making a noise.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Aye maybe just having a Monday moment, that said can't say I'm excited about Thursday which is a pity. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Making a noise, just for the sake of making a noise.

Something not right far too many injuries been going on for years now. 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Aye maybe just having a Monday moment, that said can't say I'm excited about Thursday which is a pity. 

I'm feeling the same. Was so looking forward to this season and playing in europe but it's been a bit of a damp squib so far. 

We could do with a morale boosting win in this one to kick-start our season and European campaign. 

6 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Which ones ?

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Really not sure what to expect from this, just hope we play with some cohesion this time.

As people have said it’s hard to gauge how good/bad this mob actually are. Although to be honest if we were playing Linfield I wouldn’t be sure who

Would be favourites either.

We will need to score 2 to get anything IMO. Seems unlikely.

13 hours ago, Jeff said:

Looking at their team sheet it’s clear they rested half the team against us. Fingers crossed they do the same in Istanbul!

12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m not an expert. I just know people who are. Do some research - not my job to teach.

As an aside your favourite team is signed up so you should be on board

It was a simple question. I just assumed you had the figures to hand to back up your statement.

I have no idea what you're talking about in that last sentence 

Gordon

Neilson Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Grant Cochrane

Gino Shank McKay

Somewhere between prediction and hope.  I think he'll play 3 at back whereas I'd be tempted to go 442 with Shankland and Humphrys.

Think he'll be tempted to play Haring for height but I'd stick with movement and play around them if we can.  Neilson in gives us more aerial power than Smith, I'd suggest better passing too - wouldn't mind if it was Sibbick

My only real tossup in the 343 was Gino or Humphrys.. Shanks looks isolated often and he's not quick enough to be up there alone.  We need to be getting the ball to him in the box not using him for outballs.

Halkett will be back I think

Looking forward to Thursday.  This is what last season was all about.   It's easy to get up for games when things are going well but in a strange way my support for the team always tightens when we are going through a bad spell.  While I twiddled my thumbs bored out my skull at the weekend I realised how empty life is without football.  I am thinking 2-2 for this game.

Malinga the Swinga
14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Besiktas obviously didn't press high enough and get in their faces.

Almost as if Basaksehir are a decent team.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Besiktas obviously didn't press high enough and get in their faces.

Almost as if Basaksehir are a decent team.

I felt when we played Basaksehir it was pretty unfair to be honest.  They look like they practice and everything.

According to Bandersons latest piece they are all over 6 foot and physical. 

Can see them just waltzing though our non existent defence much like the last game, scoring from a set piece or two and giving us no time to settle on the ball. 

Could be a bad night (again) especially with the injuries.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

According to Bandersons latest piece they are all over 6 foot and physical. 

Can see them just waltzing though our non existent defence much like the last game, scoring from a set piece or two and giving us no time to settle on the ball. 

Could be a bad night (again) especially with the injuries.

Ach it depends.  So are St Johnstone, (or whatever) if you know what I mean?

Teams can make up for height by being good.  We need better movement and to move the ball quicker than we tried to against Basaksehir (albeit that was hard cos they were so good).

Extreme, but Man City were always OK when they played Burnley.

We need to be a wee bit better at getting on with what we're good at.  We perhaps need to work out what we're good at first to be fair!! haha