• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Taffin

Malinga the Swinga

Have no idea what to expect. I did see the Linfield highlights and they should have won by a barrel load, but Latvians somehow got through. They then got a point last night.

I'll confirm my positive status and go for a 2 nil win for Hearts.

When the group was drawn I felt pretty bullish about getting six points from our two matches with them. This match now gives me the fear. 

What kinds of team did Fiorentina put out?  Hopefully none of their first team players! We all thought RFS would be the group's whipping boys and then they go and draw away the Fiorentina!

2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

What kinds of team did Fiorentina put out?  Hopefully none of their first team players! We all thought RFS would be the group's whipping boys and then they go and draw away the Fiorentina!

Hope it was their first team as that should give us some hope of taking points from both of them.  

7 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

They made 7 changes from the team who started the 1-1 draw with Juventus on Saturday.

They've actually not won in their last 6 games though 5 have been draws. 

The game in Istanbul next Thursday will be a very interesting one. As has been mentioned above, if we actually get our fingers out, and hopefully the enforced break this week helps with that, we could conceivably be a point or two ahead of Fiorentina going into the home game with them next month - that would at least get Tynecastle up for a big night game after the nonsense on and off the park yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hope it was their first team as that should give us some hope of taking points from both of them.  

Looks like a few players missing from the one against Juventus but how much of a downgrade those players are, I don't know. 

For instance, Luka Jovic out but Arthur Cabral in! 

Screenshot_20220909-192304_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220909-192335_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

We must be underdogs. Will the boy have his visa for this game?

We are slight favourites as are Fiorentina in Istanbul. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hard to see it. Simply being away must reduce our chances. It usually does and that's just travelling to Lanarkshire

August Landmesser
21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Visa processing is probably closed out of Respect 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

🤷‍♂️

Doesn’t seem like the club really care. 

pettigrewsstylist
31 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Central defence injury problems i read. They also battered them but had a mare in front of goal.

6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Central defence injury problems i read. They also battered them but had a mare in front of goal.

Just saw match stats... Fiorentina had 76% of the ball, 32 shots on goal (only 9 on target) but then Rigas did manage 10 shots with 3 on target so possibly created a reasonable amount of attacking opportunities with limited possession. 

Will watch highlights on UEFA website (can just create a free login and see the goals)

Scoring the first goal and actually taking a chance when it comes along would help massively. At the moment there is an inevitability about the struggle when we don't and the opposition punish us. Neilson has to have the team ready to go out and play with intensity. He needs Halkett and Kiomourtzoglou in the side if at all possible and possibly Humphrys alongside Shankland. We need more presence on the field and we need to play in a far more solid formation. I'd like to see the following personnel, if available:

Gordon

Smith   Halkett   Kingsley  Cochrane

Atkinson  Devlin  Kiomourtzoglou 

McKay

Shankland  Humphrys

Subs:

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Halliday

Haring

Mackay-Steven

Grant

Forrest 

Ginnelly

Henderson

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Scoring the first goal and actually taking a chance when it comes along would help massively. At the moment there is an inevitability about the struggle when we don't and the opposition punish us. Neilson has to have the team ready to go out and play with intensity. He needs Halkett and Kiomourtzoglou in the side if at all possible and possibly Humphrys alongside Shankland. We need more presence on the field and we need to play in a far more solid formation. I'd like to see the following personnel, if available:

Gordon

McKay

Shankland  Humphrys

Subs:

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Halliday

Haring

Mackay-Steven

Grant

Forrest 

Ginnelly

Henderson

Was Grant in the squad on Thursday?

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤷‍♂️

Doesn’t seem like the club really care. 

Why does it seem that way? What does your post even mean?

Do you want a jallan film of Joe and Robbie hammering on the windows of the Home Office and pointing at their watches? Fewmin'

2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

After the horrendous start we funnily have a realistic chance of ending this game in 2nd place in the group. A win of any sort will do

We’d be back in a reasonable position if we beat Riga and Istanbul beat Fiorentina.

2 x Big Ifs I know

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’d be back in a reasonable position if we beat Riga and Istanbul beat Fiorentina.

2 x Big Ifs I know

Less of this positive stuff Jimmy!!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will probably lose 2-0 unless we improve  

You'll be hoping like a few others.

Bazzas right boot

They drew with Linfield twice and then with Fiorentina so hard to gauge what that means.

They'll fancy their chances v us but I reckon we'll win, be tight tho.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

They drew with Linfield twice and then with Fiorentina so hard to gauge what that means.

Certainly the matches against them seem our best bet for acquiring points. 

No lesson will have been learned. 

Robbie will line up with the 3 at the back and wonder why we're struggling.

Another horsing on the cards.

Hearts nil.

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Stephen Craigan was co-commentator on BT sport on Thursday. Said he’d watched Riga against Linfield, and they were poor - Linfield should have won comfortably. Clearly Riga are a bit of a conundrum 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why?

Because when we win you seem lost in Hamilton and you're no where near this board, lose and you're all over it having fun. 

Very strange. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Because when we win you seem lost in Hamilton and you're no where near this board, lose and you're all over it having fun. 

Very strange. 

Not at all 

This place is an outlet 

and a win is rare thing these days 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly the matches against them seem our best bet for acquiring points. 

Yip. 

I've given up winning in Turkey. 🤓

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not at all 

This place is an outlet 

It's not an outlet when we win, you go missing for days. 

3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Yet Istanbul are top seeds in our group.  Not sure what the bookies see. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

2 x Big Ifs I know

Indeed and a home win against Fiorentina then the game in Florence becomes huge.  
on the other hand defeat on Thursday and it’s over other than a potential €500k for winning the home game v Riga. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

After the horrendous start we funnily have a realistic chance of ending this game in 2nd place in the group. A win of any sort will do

Edit: totally misread that!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yet Istanbul are top seeds in our group.  Not sure what the bookies see. 

Fiorentina play in a much stronger league.  Will be interesting to see how they get on against the Turks.  I’m assuming they played a weakened team v Riga?

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Gordon

McKay

Shankland  Humphrys

Subs:

Clark

Neilson

Sibbick

Halliday

Haring

Mackay-Steven

Grant

Forrest 

Ginnelly

Henderson

I hope that's a misaligned formation and not a suggestion. Atkinson in the middle ? :wtf:

periodictabledancer

Too many issues in the team : lightweight, lack of power & pace , lack of creatvity.

But it won't matter when the KO is 22.00 local time and we'll all be steaming.  

10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not at all 

This place is an outlet 

What are Hearts guaranteed financially for the 6 games? This may give you some comfort amid the gloom. Is it 3 million, then additional for any points won?