***Official RFS v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Scott Leitch

Latvian women are utterly gorgeous, btw. And the people dress very smartly, at least they did the time I was there. I liked Riga a lot.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Taffin

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think anyone should be under the illusion of where we stand in European terms. Riga have a similar squad value than us, more than most of our premier League. 

Considering we often struggle away from home at places like Livi, the chances of us getting result in Riga when firing on all cylinders is slim, getting a result at the moment is even slimmer.

Apart from the OF, Scottish clubs shouldn't be looking down their nose at anyone.

I thought that too until I realised I was looking at the wrong Riga. Riga FC have a similar squad value to us, but we're playing FK RFS whose squad is worth about 60% of ours.

Hope halkett and Kio are fit and both able to play,

I personally would go for it and play a 4-3-1-2 we have literally nothing to lose now, so might as well just attack them, you never know we might actually win, i would just like us to pressure there defence and get a few shots on target to see how they cope, if we lose we lose but I think we should just go for it.

My team would be 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Kio Grant Devlin

McKay

Shankland Humphrys

Going for a 2-1 Win for the Jambos!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If you take pyros and set them off in Riga you’ll probably get shot 😂😂.

Dont **** about with countries that have been occupied by Russia.

Whilst I’d happily have less union flags at the front of Section N I don’t really want 15 year old hearts fans being shot.

So to all of you Young Team types be warned. Latvia will **** your over if you behave in the same arsehole way you do in Scotland.

On 10/09/2022 at 22:57, gregzy2k7 said:

I personally would go for it and play a 4-3-1-2 we have literally nothing to lose now, so might as well just attack them, you never know we might actually win, i would just like us to pressure there defence and get a few shots on target to see how they cope, if we lose we lose but I think we should just go for it.

My team would be 

Gordon

Kio Grant Devlin

McKay

Shankland Humphrys

Pretty sure "Kio's" biggest problem isn't whether he is fit or not, he hasn't got the necessary paperwork yet.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Pretty sure "Kio's" biggest problem isn't whether he is fit or not, he hasn't got the necessary paperwork yet.

Latvia is in the EU soooooo...

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Anyway definition of must win

Bizarrely if Istanbul streak to first and take out Fiorentina we get a couple of wind against RFS and do something against Fiorentina we still bizarrely have a chance of second.

I'm not reading too much into RFS getting a result in Italy. Teams sometimes manage to reach big highs in Europe for one game.

Mind decades ago when Jack Ross's brilliant United squad took a win against AZ in the first leg of a Europa match . . .

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm not reading too much into RFS getting a result in Italy. Teams sometimes manage to reach big highs in Europe for one game.

Mind decades ago when Jack Ross's brilliant United squad took a win against AZ in the first leg of a Europa match . . .

With robbie we are still waiting     so due one?

11 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you take pyros and set them off in Riga you’ll probably get shot 😂😂.

Dont **** about with countries that have been occupied by Russia.

Whilst I’d happily have less union flags at the front of Section N I don’t really want 15 year old hearts fans being shot.

So to all of you Young Team types be warned. Latvia will **** your over if you behave in the same arsehole way you do in Scotland.

Probably applies to "auld team" also.

Hopefully enough sensible fans to guide and look after a few others. And our team delivers.  We live in hope.

On 09/09/2022 at 18:04, Scott Leitch said:

Since this is our next game.

Really need to get some sort of result or we are finishing bottom. 

We are finishing bottom regardless 

opened my eyes that Turkish team 

They are sitting 3rd in the Latvian league, 10 points off the top after 28 games.

Their record across all competitions back to start of August is P11 W4 D6 L1

They don’t lose often but last defeat was 3-2 against bottom of the league a month ago.

It is the sort of game we should be winning, and undoubtedly once we are (hopefully) a European side on a regular basis it should be a comfortable win, but I think a draw is more likely.

Hopefully the rest at the weekend has allowed extra preparation for this one, with those nursing injuries now up to speed.

10 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

They are sitting 3rd in the Latvian league, 10 points off the top after 28 games.

Their record across all competitions back to start of August is P11 W4 D6 L1

They don’t lose often but last defeat was 3-2 against bottom of the league a month ago.

It is the sort of game we should be winning, and undoubtedly once we are (hopefully) a European side on a regular basis it should be a comfortable win, but I think a draw is more likely.

Hopefully the rest at the weekend has allowed extra preparation for this one, with those nursing injuries now up to speed.

They play this afternoon which I find odd, must help us a bit surely.

Ricardo Quaresma

I would be very impressed indeed to record a win here

It will take full effort from first whistle to last, because that's what they'll give

Will post their squad later

On 10/09/2022 at 22:57, gregzy2k7 said:

My team would be 

Gordon

Kio Grant Devlin

McKay

Shankland Humphrys

I think Robbie will bottle it with Halkett and keep him for Sunday away to Motherwell.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Don't think that matters.

I always thought a visa was required dependent on where the work was being carried out, rather than where your employer was based. There must be numerous UK based employers with European employees working in Europe who don't require UK work visas (?).

Quite an interesting topic with the recent increase in remote working and the complexities of it. 

During the commentary on Thursday during Hearts V BFK Steven Craigan said he doesn’t know how RFS got a result in Firenze as he watched them play Linfield and they were awful, and stated “Linfield should have put 4 or 5 past them”. Even though they put Linfield out 🤣

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

During the commentary on Thursday during Hearts V BFK Steven Craigan said he doesn’t know how RFS got a result in Firenze as he watched them play Linfield and they were awful, and stated “Linfield should have put 4 or 5 past them”. Even though they put Linfield out 🤣

Fiorentina failed to score in their four previous league games and missed a hatful of chances against RFS according to BBC.

Sounds very much like Hearts right now. With a bit of self belief and big support this is a winnable game. 

periodictabledancer
52 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I always thought a visa was required dependent on where the work was being carried out, rather than where your employer was based. There must be numerous UK based employers with European employees working in Europe who don't require UK work visas (?).

Quite an interesting topic with the recent increase in remote working and the complexities of it. 

You can work in the USA on an ESTA for up to 60 (90?) days.

Beyond that , you'll need a visa. We faced that problem even though working for a US multinational in the UK. 

Europeans are different as they will already be EU passport holders and so be entitled to full freedom of movement. 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Beyond that , you'll need a visa. We faced that problem even though working for a US multinational in the UK. 

Europeans are different as they will already be EU passport holders and so be entitled to full freedom of movement. 

So what happened? Did you have to renew every 90?

periodictabledancer
28 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So what happened? Did you have to renew every 90?

No. 

Our company paid for work visas for people who were long stayor repeated visitors. 

Will still be up for this game having experienced near on 54 years of inconsistant Hearts dislpays.

HMFC the team for me no matter what.

Ricardo Quaresma
19 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

No. 

Our company paid for work visas for people who were long stayor repeated visitors. 

Ah, I see the situation clearly now

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

He'll be a UK employee though, based in the UK, being paid in the UK and paying UK taxes. 

He won't be cleared to play for a Scottish club until he gets a UK visa I'd think.

2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

I’m not so sure you can. Any time I’ve worked in the US I’ve had to go to the embassy in London after applying for a work visa to get it processed and into my passport. That includes periods of a week and shorter. 

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not so sure you can. Any time I’ve worked in the US I’ve had to go to the embassy in London after applying for a work visa to get it processed and into my passport. That includes periods of a week and shorter. 

Edit - from the official USA website

WHO SHOULD APPLY?

• You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
  • You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
  • Your travel is for 90 days or less.
  • You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
  • You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons
Edited by periodictabledancer

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Edit - from the official USA website

WHO SHOULD APPLY?

• You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country.
  • You are currently not in possession of a visitor's visa.
  • Your travel is for 90 days or less.
  • You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure.
  • You want to apply for a new authorization for one person or a group of applications for two or more persons

I’ve had to do the ESTA as well as get the visa. It’s all to do with going there to do a job an American could be doing. And different states have different regulations in my industry as well it seems and the place I’ll be working has to put me forward and be a sponsor. In New York and Washington I’ve just had to apply to get a work visa. In California I had to get a letter of approval from the American union to confirm I was “a person of exceptional ability”. Which was good for the ego. 
Not only is it a messy business it’s expensive. Some people I know have been able to get 3 year visas if they do a certain amount of trips in a specific time frame. It may be different for different industries? 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’ve had to do the ESTA as well as get the visa. It’s all to do with going there to do a job an American could be doing. And different states have different regulations in my industry as well it seems and the place I’ll be working has to put me forward and be a sponsor. In New York and Washington I’ve just had to apply to get a work visa. In California I had to get a letter of approval from the American union to confirm I was “a person of exceptional ability”. Which was good for the ego. 
Not only is it a messy business it’s expensive. Some people I know have been able to get 3 year visas if they do a certain amount of trips in a specific time frame. It may be different for different industries? 

Agreed. In my case we were sending non US personnel to do work on an in & out basis over several months. None of our guys was staying for any great length of time but there were repeated visits over several months.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, escobri said:

They play this afternoon which I find odd, must help us a bit surely.

2.30 ko, Besakeshir play Besiktas at 5, Fiorentina lost 2-1 to Bologna yesterday

1 minute ago, periodictabledancer said:

Agreed. In my case we were sending non US personnel to do work on an in & out basis over several months. None of our guys was staying for any great length of time but there were repeated visits over several months.  

A few times we’ve had to employ an American even though there is nothing for them to do as a condition. I work in theatre and the unions are very powerful in terms of who is and isn’t allowed. If the union says no to a person the government can’t overrule that decision as it’s an important part of the application in some places. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I dont know but guessing Fiorentina had a 2nd XI out last week, Linfield should have taken them to the cleaners

Yeah, I've yet to take a close look at that match; you'd assume the italians put several youths out; the Linfield tie was staggeringly bad

15 hours ago, graygo said:

We don't even know if Kio is any good. 

Ricardo Quaresma

They are 2-0 up now, 2 of their top 3 scorers have scored; the other, he's their top scorer with 14 in 28 games, Ilic, went off at HT