• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm sure we'd all say herb herb to that! 

😂 At least I can safely say we’re minted after the €500k bonus with hopefully more to come 🇱🇻

WorldChampions1902
4 hours ago, OBE said:

"Just Football"

An away European tie, big Hearts support, edge of the seat stuff, massive contribution from manager, team & fans plus an away win...No Nat anthems or political bile.

"Just Football"

Safe journey home...

Great Post. Fans were fantastic last night- apart from being showered in beer at the goals. Great ambassadors for our club.

I hope this gentleman is OK. Has a look of Nosferatu about him.....suppose it was night time. Hope he got back to his coffin for a good days sleep after the match 😀

Picture1.png.4f487feae6425a90ac196242ce182c13.png

1 hour ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Great Post. Fans were fantastic last night- apart from being showered in beer at the goals. Great ambassadors for our club.

And you Sir, my envy of you traveling Jambos was/is immeasurable...Bravo! Lads & Lassies...👏 

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win and great to get a win in Europe but boy did we make it hard on ourselves and once again have big Craig to thank.

Too many slack passes and poor decisions, but we got there in the end. Players looked out on their feet, so once again we have to question their fitness. This is the team we were expected to beat, and we made a meal of it, need to do much better in the remaining games. 

Just have to hope the win puts some confidence back in the team, as from the home game against Zurich we know they can do much much better.

Imagine actually coming on to write this after our first away win in Europe for almost 20 years!

6 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win and great to get a win in Europe but boy did we make it hard on ourselves and once again have big Craig to thank.

Too many slack passes and poor decisions, but we got there in the end. Players looked out on their feet, so once again we have to question their fitness. This is the team we were expected to beat, and we made a meal of it, need to do much better in the remaining games. 

Just have to hope the win puts some confidence back in the team, as from the home game against Zurich we know they can do much much better.

Shankland, did mention the pitch was exceptionally heavy...same as this...:rolleyes: 

23 hours ago, sadj said:

Thats a terrible take on him but you stick to your guns 🫠

I’ve yet to have anyone reveal what they think his main attributes are, beyond the obligatory “puts in a shift”. 

He played well last night, let’s see more of that and less of the performances he put in against Istanbul, Livi and Kilmarnock. 

23 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Could be 4 each though. Defence is all over the place

Neilson was immense, when he came on for the injured Halkett, gonna be a star, hope we can keep hold of him. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

How does the coefficient even work? I mean, surely on paper we were expected to win last night, so do we get many points from that, or is it only really when you beat 'bigger' teams?

Hearts get 2 points added to their coefficient. However, because we have a lower coefficient figure (2.5) than Scotland's national coefficient figure (7.16), it is the national figure that is used for our ranking (currently 174)

Scotland gets 0.4 points (2pts/5 teams qualified)

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts get 2 points added to their coefficient. However, because we have a lower coefficient figure (2.5) than Scotland's national coefficient figure (7.16), it is the national figure that is used for our ranking (currently 174)

Scotland gets 0.4 points (2pts/5 teams qualified)

My favourite poster :notworthy:

14 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I hope this gentleman is OK. Has a look of Nosferatu about him.....suppose it was night time. Hope he got back to his coffin for a good days sleep after the match 😀

As well as Mr Nosferatu ... Does anyone remember 'The Beardy Man' from that brilliant Neil Lennon at Tynie picture? The beardy chap who was paying no attention to what was going on. A total legend!

Surely this dis-interested fella can't be one and the same? 👇

I think that it is ...

215780774_29b0f1a10f.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Ex member of the SaS
18 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine actually coming on to write this after our first away win in Europe for almost 20 years!

I post as I see it but you keep wearing the maroon tinted specs and all will be fine.

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I post as I see it but you keep wearing the maroon tinted specs and all will be fine.

Why would you need 'maroon tinted specs' to see an away win in Europe as a positive? I suggest you watch the video posted on Hearts Twitter to see some

of the great wee passages of play from

Thursday evening!

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why would you need 'maroon tinted specs' to see an away win in Europe as a positive? I suggest you watch the video posted on Hearts Twitter to see some

of the great wee passages of play from

Thursday evening!

I already said it was a fantastic win but if you can't or won't see how we struggled in long phases of that game, then there is no hope for you. Craig stopped two certain goals and without him we would not have won.

The players don't look fit and we have a whole season to go.

18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I already said it was a fantastic win but if you can't or won't see how we struggled in long phases of that game, then there is no hope for you. Craig stopped two certain goals and without him we would not have won.

Devlin looked pretty fit at the end of the game? Pretty sure if they didn't have a keeper we would have scored a few more too ...

45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Without a good goalkeeper you do tend to lose more often than not. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Their goalie also made at least two good saves. 

The one right at the start from Gino, for example. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think if you look at Jordon Allan’s highlight reel now on the Hearts twitter feed you will see just how many chances we created and that we should have had at least 3 more goals.

I wouldn’t say we struggled and anyone that thinks you can play away from home in Europe and not give up a few chances is just plain draft.

Italian Lambretta
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think if you look at Jordon Allan’s highlight reel now on the Hearts twitter feed you will see just how many chances we created and that we should have had at least 3 more goals.

I wouldn’t say we struggled and anyone that thinks you can play away from home in Europe and not give up a few chances is just plain draft.

We created lots of chances in all the games in Europe so far. Poor finishing has let us down badly.

portobellojambo1

Was a wonderful trip and those just starting on their European adventures (spoke to a few before game where it was their first trip) they  discovered early on just how much of an extra buzz you get from HMFC European away victories (RFS Riga may not be the best team we have played or will play in Europe but it is all about winning, the amount of money HMFC generated verifies that, and off the park local businesses were saying that they have never generated so much money on the back of a football game. Baxk to some form of normality tomorrow with thr trip to Fir Park, Motherwell and not long until the trip to Florence pops up.

Riga Party Bus
43 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Was a wonderful trip and those just starting on their European adventures (spoke to a few before game where it was their first trip) they  discovered early on just how much of an extra buzz you get from HMFC European away victories (RFS Riga may not be the best team we have played or will play in Europe but it is all about winning, the amount of money HMFC generated verifies that, and off the park local businesses were saying that they have never generated so much money on the back of a football game. Baxk to some form of normality tomorrow with thr trip to Fir Park, Motherwell and not long until the trip to Florence pops up.

I was speaking to our hotel manager and he said "this will be a  home game for you" , he compared the local interest in the game to anything they've had before (up there with Barca)  because normally RFS would only get a few hundred but even the locals turned out to watch. My hotel was nearly full and he said more than half were from Scotland. That was a ton of money coming into Riga this week. 

23 hours ago, jonesy said:

How does the coefficient even work? I mean, surely on paper we were expected to win last night, so do we get many points from that, or is it only really when you beat 'bigger' teams?

Prepare to venture down the rabbit hole!

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/calc.html

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/index.html

See you back on jkb sometime in the new year once you've got your head around it!

The saying "it isn't rocket science" is :spoton:here, because rocket science is a piece of piss in comparison! 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Been all round Europe with Hearts and only seen as get result twice, Dublin and Vienna.

If that's your first trip overseas, then make the most of it as wins away from Tynecastle don't happen often, and should be celebrated by having a bucketful afterwards. Mind, even a draw or defeat ends up with a bucketful but a win is a fantastic achievement.

Hope all who were there enjoyed themselves and returned home safely.

9 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We had 9 shots on target to their 3. So going by your illogical logic, we win 9-3. 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 15/09/2022 at 21:03, The Old Tolbooth said:

Is it not 3 bookings before a suspension in Europe? 

Yes, every 2 bookings after that results in a further 1 game suspension

A lot of the RFS players have been booked many times during their euro matches this year; can only conclude their cards must have got wiped after changing down to this competition, or they served a 1 match ban

Might need to look into that later, but can't be bothered right now 😄

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Didn't see what their manager get sent of for?

2 bookings, one for calling for Gordon’s handball to be a red and the second protesting a throw being given to us when the full ball hadn’t gone out

27 minutes ago, Ribble said:

2 bookings, one for calling for Gordon’s handball to be a red and the second protesting a throw being given to us when the full ball hadn’t gone out

Is this a reasonable complaint? I'm not up to speed on the rules in this situation.

Read kickback for years. Joined in drunken haze early Friday morning. What a trip. Met old friends from previous trips (first Paris)  Made new jambos friends for life in Riga

2 highlights for me (apart from game obviously)  Young laddies in our group saw players in team hotel before game. Pictures taken and made memories for life & young hearts fan I met in kebab shop (next to foxy) after game  He had Cammy Delvin's top. He was grinning from ear to ear. 

Hope these youngsters enjoy many more trips with the famous.   FTH 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thanks for this really nice read. Our fans are the best mate.

It was a nice read; strange how it stated we went behind though 😄

periodictabledancer
13 hours ago, Riga Party Bus said:

A nice piece and sums up the guys who did the club proud. We ended up in a cafe/wine bar close to the ground just before KO. It went from the height of sophistication to a complete pizz up in 5 minutes when it was just invaded by Jambos. Locals took it well and joined in for pics. They genuinely seemed to love the big time atmosphere. 

Edited by periodictabledancer