***Official RFS v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Scott Leitch

26 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

365 has both teams at 13/8

Normally means a draw is a fair bet 23/10. 

Edited by Baldy61

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Taffin

Just noticed RFS are playing a league match on Monday afternoon 🤔

It seems like a game we should be capable of winning based upon Linfield games, but, the Fiorentina result has thrown me a little. It seems like their keeper had a good game and Fiorentina were wasteful in attacking areas and made a few daft mistakes at the back to let them in though.. where have I seen that before... 

My head tells me 1-1 but I think that is because of them being a step into the unknown more than anything else. Our recent performances have added to that as well though. 

I'm hoping for a better performance and the result should follow suit. 

I think we’ll win this. The rest will do us good, and although they got a terrific result, the stats suggest they should have seen a similar score line in Florence to the one we had. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fiorentina play in a much stronger league.  Will be interesting to see how they get on against the Turks.  I’m assuming they played a weakened team v Riga?

We now want Istanbul to stroll this group and whip Fiorentina.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Before everyone gets too cock sure (again) - Antony Brown stats:

“RFS unlikely to be any kind of cannon fodder for Hearts, especially in Riga. They’ve played 16 Euro matches over last 4 seasons and lost just 5 (only once by more than a goal). Drawn away to Gent/Linfield/Fiorentina, won in Hungary/Slovenia. Only lost on pens to Helsinki. No mugs”

Whereas we are Euro mugs.

Home win and a complete mental breakdown for many on here.

17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Before everyone gets too cock sure (again) - Antony Brown stats:

“RFS unlikely to be any kind of cannon fodder for Hearts, especially in Riga. They’ve played 16 Euro matches over last 4 seasons and lost just 5 (only once by more than a goal). Drawn away to Gent/Linfield/Fiorentina, won in Hungary/Slovenia. Only lost on pens to Helsinki. No mugs”

Whereas we are Euro mugs.

Home win and a complete mental breakdown for many on here.

Accurate as you are, there is a peculiar need to sound periodically like a Hibs *****. 

Oh, and I expect Hearts to lose which is currently realistic with the squad weakened by key players missing. If folk are ignoring this fact, that's maybe the problem. On both sides of the argument

Well into their season. Scoring a lot of goals.

So they'll be fit and well into their rhythm. 

Definitely gives them an edge over teams who are only 5-6 games in.

Screenshot_20220910-141101_Samsung Internet.jpg

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Haha, we may well hear more of this next Friday  :)

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Sounds like Robbie getting his excuses in early!

You could argue the other way - a team that has only played 10 games should be a lot fresher than one that has played 30 odd.  Wouldn’t they be more likely to be mentally fatigued?

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You could argue the other way - a team that has only played 10 games should be a lot fresher than one that has played 30 odd.  Wouldn’t they be more likely to be mentally fatigued?

Not if they're playing well and having a good season.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Not if they're playing well and having a good season.

You said definitely gives them an edge.  I disagree.  We’ve already played 10 competitive games plus a number of friendlies mostly against better opposition than what they come up against.  At what number of games can we expect the early season rustiness to disappear?  We’re well into our season now. 

They’ve played 27 league games plus European games and domestic cup games, so well into their 30’s.  We should be much fresher than them but we go into this with no form and no confidence.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’re about as fresh as a tied up bag of 10 day unwashed boxers of somebody that’s had the shits.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We’re about as fresh as a tied up bag of 10 day unwashed boxers of somebody that’s had the shits.

Sorry, forgot about the mental fatigue!

By The Light..

Scottish football games called off following death of Queen Elizabeth II - BBC Sport

Rangers say they are in talks with Uefa and Police Scotland over whether Tuesday's Champions League game with Napoli at Ibrox will take place as scheduled.

Uncertainty also surrounds Celtic's Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk in Warsaw on Wednesday and Heart of Midlothian away to Rigas Futbola Skola in the Europa Conference on Thursday.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Accurate as you are, there is a peculiar need to sound periodically like a Hibs *****. 

Oh, and I expect Hearts to lose which is currently realistic with the squad weakened by key players missing. If folk are ignoring this fact, that's maybe the problem. On both sides of the argument

As I’ve said before I am usually seen as far too supportive of the club, Budge, Robbie etc.

However, I reject the fact that me stating that I am deeply disappointed with our summer window based on the clubs stated aims not my own aims, makes me a bit Hibs.

Not only is saying it was a poor window for us not Hibs is a statement of fact when compared to what we as a club said we needed/wanted.

Jesus - if people can absolutely rip the shit out of a young 20 something year old lad like Sibbick with limited criticism I don’t see the issue with some criticism of older, wiser and more experienced people within the club constantly lauded as the second coming of Jesus.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

portobellojambo1

When the draw originally came out and I saw we were starting at home against the Turks , away to Riga and then home/away versus Fiorentina my thoughts were it looked like a decent set of fixtures, and I was stone cold sober ar the time. The only way I can describe  Thursday past in football terms was disappointing. The Turks only had to carry out the most basic of football skills to secure all 3 points. I then thought I'd check the score in Florence to see how many goals Fiorentina had destroyed Riga by, only to discover that game was a draw. So, I think, given how poorly we have been performing lately, a draw in Rige might be s good result, but I'n Donald ducked if I know who can score for us do may have to settle for 0-0. And to schieve that we have to hope and pray Craig Halkettv is fit and ready to go.

I don't think anyone should be under the illusion of where we stand in European terms. Riga have a similar squad value than us, more than most of our premier League. 

Considering we often struggle away from home at places like Livi, the chances of us getting result in Riga when firing on all cylinders is slim, getting a result at the moment is even slimmer.

Apart from the OF, Scottish clubs shouldn't be looking down their nose at anyone.

Ricardo Quaresma
33 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I don't think anyone should be under the illusion of where we stand in European terms. Riga have a similar squad value than us, more than most of our premier League. 

Considering we often struggle away from home at places like Livi, the chances of us getting result in Riga when firing on all cylinders is slim, getting a result at the moment is even slimmer.

Apart from the OF, Scottish clubs shouldn't be looking down their nose at anyone.

Interesting you should mention livi, their ground is similar, except, of course, their pitch is real grass

I really hope we treat the games against Riga like cup finals and go all out for a result.

Whilst we shouldnt expect a result considering their quality, you can pretty much guarantee the media will tell us it's an embarrassment for Scotland.

44 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hopefully Thursday will reflect our all time away record against Livingston. 

18 wins, 8 draws, 7 defeats. 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully Thursday will reflect our all time away record against Livingston. 

18 wins, 8 draws, 7 defeats. 

Hopefully but I'm not sure our form over a couple of decades means much in this situation.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You said definitely gives them an edge.  I disagree.  We’ve already played 10 competitive games plus a number of friendlies mostly against better opposition than what they come up against.  At what number of games can we expect the early season rustiness to disappear?  We’re well into our season now. 

They’ve played 27 league games plus European games and domestic cup games, so well into their 30’s.  We should be much fresher than them but we go into this with no form and no confidence.  

Mental fatigue, if we are suffering from such a thing. Will be down to results as much as it is down to number of games played. 

The boys gave their all in Zurich and it wasn't enough.

They gave their all against Celtic and it wasn't enough. 

They really went for it against Zurich at Tynecastle and again fell short. 

That's going to have a big impact on their confidence in themselves. You can see by the lack of goals that we have players lacking the confidence to pull the trigger or take a gamble at the right moment.

There's no doubt injuries have played a huge part. Anyone who has forgotten the impact last season of losing Halkett has a short memory. We've lost him again and same result, our form has dropped significantly. 

Losing Rowles at a time when Kingsley is still working himself back to 100% at the same time has been massive because its left us really short at the back and unable to play a settled back line.

People are onto Robbie as if this is the manager to blame. Fair enough he has made mistakes but I'm not forgetting how our form dipped the last time this happened because we were missing leadership on the pitch and our anchor in defence. 

It doesn't address the problem of failing to score goals but I'm waiting to see how Humphrys settles into the squad before I lose my rag with that again because that's at least a problem we have attempted to fix.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Hopefully but I'm not sure our form over a couple of decades means much in this situation.

It doesn’t but you mentioned we often struggle there. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Their game against Gent; they stunned them with 2 first half goals

That RB style looks familiar 🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

**** me, the bookies have us as favourites to win on Thursday.

Transfermarkt's squad values would suggest we have the better squad, £13.88m to their £7.61m.

In fact, it looks fair to say they're Riga's wee team

3ya84y.jpg

53 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It doesn’t but you mentioned we often struggle there. 

Oh right, maybe I should have said St Johnstone or Ross County or even said struggled there last week.

Thanks for correcting me though.

3 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

Scottish football games called off following death of Queen Elizabeth II - BBC Sport

Rangers say they are in talks with Uefa and Police Scotland over whether Tuesday's Champions League game with Napoli at Ibrox will take place as scheduled.

Uncertainty also surrounds Celtic's Champions League match against Shakhtar Donetsk in Warsaw on Wednesday and Heart of Midlothian away to Rigas Futbola Skola in the Europa Conference on Thursday.

This would be ridiculous when you consider how many people have booked travel.  

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, savage said:

This would be ridiculous when you consider how many people have booked travel.  

They should maybe cancel the UK games, if any

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Oh right, maybe I should have said St Johnstone or Ross County or even said struggled there last week.

Thanks for correcting me though.

St Johnstone would be better I reckon, but again there’s no correlation between such things. We’ve struggled everywhere at some point. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

St Johnstone would be better I reckon, but again there’s no correlation between such things. We’ve struggled everywhere at some point. 

Not at ER 😁

( I'm missing the 70's out) 

Malinga the Swinga

As long as no games played at the time of the funeral itself, then there's no requirement to postpone anymore, unless games in London and police presence dictates this.

Racing will be back tomorrow, except Musselburgh, and they are the ones who knew Queen best.

Rangers may well want game postponed but that's only because they're playing shit.

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anyone know anything about them. 

Decent look at the venue, they scored 2 and missed a penalty. Nice big Maroon shed !

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Anyone know anything about them. 

Drew with Linfield x2, drew with Fiorentina. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

To be fair they also have loads more experience than us in Europe.

That makes a difference- it means you don’t shit yourself every game.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Drew with Linfield x2, drew with Fiorentina. 

Only lost 4 out of 15 at home in last 4 years

pettigrewsstylist

1417317330_Screenshot_20220910-190451_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ffbac1b799f8a12d312af6d918461c79.jpgNo bombs or guns apparently. Wonder what the catering is like  🍻🍻🍻  

ADdPNihJzmPaJfzBVFcs4AG8WBp5VNxhFuSVC6LNWNAC7cD1uNM5pP7AGmND2s9LdE7VFXZuZAy74XsqPHB7fdSH4.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e9e5ed9f4e7cd18ce210f369cce342de.jpg

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

No bombs or guns apparently. Wonder what the catering is like  🍻🍻🍻  

ADdPNihJzmPaJfzBVFcs4AG8WBp5VNxhFuSVC6LNWNAC7cD1uNM5pP7AGmND2s9LdE7VFXZuZAy74XsqPHB7fdSH4.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e9e5ed9f4e7cd18ce210f369cce342de.jpg

At least that's cleared up a few issues. However, I'll fill up a carrier bag, not a suitcase, with pyrotechnics. Take a box of wine, not a bottle, a sword and a bag of Colombian. Wouldn't dream if recording it with one of those "Football Focus" cameras either. Just hope it doesn't rain either.