***Official RFS v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

Scott Leitch

Anyway, nerves kicking in, roll on this evening!  These games are always harder to prepare for as it's a bit of an unknown when you're playing teams you never watch or have heard little about.

Let them worry about us tonight instead of the other way around :yas: 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It would, however, put us under severe pressure.  Even more so if we lose and Fiorentina win tonight.  It's going to leave us needing to win at least 2 of our remaining games and hope results go on our favour.

We win tonight, and the other match is a draw or a win for Istanbul, and things are a lot less desperate.

All true 👍

I get triggered by folk saying literally when it's not. 😄  To be honest, this tournament is all about the money for me so every game is important. 

Ricardo Quaresma
55 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Wrong Riga. RFS do have some internationalists but it's mainly Latvians with a couple of Lithuanians and Serbians and we're mainly talking a couple of caps not seasoned internationalists. 

They have A Czech, a Croatian, 2 Brazilians and Serbian / Slovenian / Slovakian / Bosnians too (Can't be bothered looking up the flag for those 4 😄)

One of the Brazilians is called 'Bill', the other is 2nd top scorer with a long name; Rakels is 3rd top scorer and Ilic is 1st

Hate to admit how apathetic I've been recently with the team after so many poor results. Hopefully get a resounding win tonight and give the players some confidence.

Players only seem able to play for 45 minutes due to lack of fitness and mental fatigue, will it be a reasonable first half or 2nd today.

Will we even get a decent 45 minutes apart from the passing backwards and sideways.

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hate to admit how apathetic I've been recently with the team after so many poor results. Hopefully get a resounding win tonight and give the players some confidence.

I understand this. Should be buzzing for seeing Hearts play in Europe, to see them on BT like I’ve watched many other teams in a legitimate European competition. Even against a team I never heard of until last month - which you’d think that would mean we’re a stick on for a victory. But no, no buzz and no confidence in a result either. Like you, hoping come the full time whistle things have changed in that regard.

27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Any links for the game would be appreciated. 🙏

Doesn’t look like it’s on Hearts tv and my BT sport doesn’t work in Spain. 

Can't you use phone SIM as hotspot?

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Sibbick was our best defender against Livingston. I am hoping that we don't rush Halkett back as he is needed more for Sunday and the rest of the season. 

Replace Neilson with Smith and move Smith into Atkinson place. Height is going to be required this game. 

ps you missed out Kingsley lost his man for the Istanbul second goal. So, by your Haring logic he should be dropped. 

Sibbick has had a couple of decent games but more often than not he has not been at the standard we need to stop losing silly goals.

Kingsley is more often than not dependable and we know what he can do. He was at fault for the second goal but he doesn't make the same number of mistakes as Sibbick.

Haring is just too slow and wantrs far too much time on the ball and again he has done ok for us but should really just be a squad player.

Incidentally I would add Atkinson into the same mould as Sibbick for lack of awareness at marking but then that is just my opinion.

Halkett said on the Thursday before the Livi game that he was fit and may not make the Livi game but would definitekly be ready for the Turks.

We all know what happened there so I would not bet on him playing tonight despite what Robbie or anyone says.

19 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Can't you use phone SIM as hotspot?

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Do you mean use a vpn, set to UK?

hotspots and vpns mean absolutely nothing to me unfortunately. I should really educate myself.

Im the kind of guy who needs a link. Get rid of the horny Russian woman in my area then press play.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, DS98 said:

hotspots and vpns mean absolutely nothing to me unfortunately. I should really educate myself.

Im the kind of guy who needs a link. Get rid of the horny Russian woman in my area then press play.

I can't try it, but download super vpn app and set to UK, good chance of it letting you access your BT sport, unless they block vpn ip addresses, which is highly unusual

If I was in your position, I would see if it works ASAP, nothing to lose

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

u need adblock extension mate

LivingstonJambo99

Gordon 

Atkinson

Smith 

Halkett 

Kingsley

Cochrane 

Devlin 

Grant 

Mckay

Forrest

Shankland 

With width provided by Cochrane and Atkinson, Barrie McKay will be able to pick up spaces more centrally and link up with Shankland and Forrest. 

Grant can control the game from centre midfield with Devlin sitting in front of the three centre backs.

4 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I wonder if he noticed how many times we passed the ball backwards.

Or how many times a corner fails to clear the first man.

Its going to be tough for sure. A game of two halves. If we can keep it tight at the back and not concede early doors i think well grow in confidence. Perhaps even nicking a 1/0. 

I' ve visited their ground and watched them a number of times over the last  2/3 years as Id been living and working over there. Its in a beautiful part of the city both cosmopolitan and metropolitan nothing like the dreary Eastern european notion of these places

Theyve got a couple of top, top players who we'll need to watch , and its important the work the players will do off the ball but Robbie will be well aware of the threat they pose particularly at set plays. Im sure well have studied their corner kick routine, quite unusual! 

Front to back they press with intensity and often play it long into space. 

I cant see it being high scoring and a single goal may win the match .

However a 1/1 is likely and may be the best result will be one we dont lose, but a win or draw gives us a launching pad for the rest of the campaign.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I’ll take her - PM me for address and travel arrangements.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Any links for the game would be appreciated. 🙏

Doesn’t look like it’s on Hearts tv and my BT sport doesn’t work in Spain. 

Find a bar with IPTV and ask them if they’ll put it on for you. I’m in Estepona at the moment and there’s two bars here that I can use. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

A night with dicky g as I get bt but my firestick only works when I couldn't care less, buffering B.

You mean sportsound are covering it? I would rather watch commentary on a bookie site

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Do you mean use a vpn, set to UK?

I travel round Europe a lot and use my phone as a hotspot for BBC etc .

Easy enough to set up and watch game on phone , tablet .

VPN would work too

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Players only seem able to play for 45 minutes due to lack of fitness and mental fatigue, will it be a reasonable first half or 2nd today.

Will we even get a decent 45 minutes apart from the passing backwards and sideways.

Aye it's been a long hard season 😏

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I understand this. Should be buzzing for seeing Hearts play in Europe, to see them on BT like I’ve watched many other teams in a legitimate European competition. Even against a team I never heard of until last month - which you’d think that would mean we’re a stick on for a victory. But no, no buzz and no confidence in a result either. Like you, hoping come the full time whistle things have changed in that regard.

You think Rigas fans have any idea who Hearts are? Scotland is probably Latvia's Latvia 🤪

Sinbad the Sailor
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Anyway, nerves kicking in, roll on this evening!  These games are always harder to prepare for as it's a bit of an unknown when you're playing teams you never watch or have heard little about.

Let them worry about us tonight instead of the other way around :yas: 

Not really. Killie pies and beer supply safely occupying prime fridge space. Wishing I was there but those items plus an ergonomic bowl of Pickled Onion Monster Munch will help to keep nerves under control.

Edited by Sinbad the Sailor
Sp

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, graygo said:

We'll have 4 games still to play in this competition after tonight, were not "literally" out of it if we lose.

With 2 of them v Fiorintina and one in Istanbul.  We lose tonight and we are as good as out, we can’t compete in these games.  Put it this way, if we lose tonight do you think we have any chance of finishing top 2?

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, are they having to play their Euro matches at the ground of their rivals?

Just checked, this is true

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

With 2 of them v Fiorintina and one in Istanbul.  We lose tonight and we are as good as out, we can’t compete in these games.  Put it this way, if we lose tonight do you think we have any chance of finishing top 2?

No I don't.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Absolutely zero chance. We need to take 6 points from the two Riga games, then hope Istanbul run away with the group and do the double over Fiorentina. And that would still leave us with a huge task of taking points off Fiorentina.

Gordon

Smith.   Halkett.     Kingsley.    Cochrane 

Grant.       Devlin.

Gino.              Humps.              McKay

Shankland 

Hearts score first and we win this comfortably, they score first and we’ll lose! God knows why but I’m confident we win tonight! 3-0 Hearts 🇱🇻

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Absolutely zero chance. We need to take 6 points from the two Riga games, then hope Istanbul run away with the group and do the double over Fiorentina. And that would still leave us with a huge task of taking points off Fiorentina.

Yeah, I don’t see us taking anything from Fiorintina if they’re putting a strong team out. 

Ex member of the SaS

This may sound strange but I am not bothered about results in this comp. Personally think it's too soon for us, and would prefer to get third again this season, and use the money from this comp and third, to make advances in the squad and make a right good go of it next time.

Having said that I do want a win and should we progress I will be delighted but I won't be losing my sh! t if we get knocked out.

For me the domestic game is more important, league and cups should be our priority. Get a better squad and dominate the league below the bigots ( as that is our only hope due to them having such a lead over the rest ) 

Will have everything crossed for a win but won't be on here crying if we don't.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This may sound strange but I am not bothered about results in this comp. Personally think it's too soon for us, and would prefer to get third again this season, and use the money from this comp and third, to make advances in the squad and make a right good go of it next time.

Having said that I do want a win and should we progress I will be delighted but I won't be losing my sh! t if we get knocked out.

For me the domestic game is more important, league and cups should be our priority. Get a better squad and dominate the league below the bigots ( as that is our only hope due to them having such a lead over the rest ) 

Will have everything crossed for a win but won't be on here crying if we don't.

The results, specifically in the 2 games against Riga could earn us circa 1 million quid so I would suggest the 2 go hand in hand.......ie win those and we can have a "better squad".......these fixtures are important in that regards as well as furthering the players experience.