The Queen

Sooperstar

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Which nothing do with this thread. You bash on trying to be edgy though. 😂

The Royal family have everything to do with perpetuating a system that allows this to happen.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

I remember when her Dad died and a young girl took over that job. I became a member of her Brigade of Guards and participated in her Coronation Parade in 1953 in Egypt. Saw her many times in London, when serving on Palace guards there.

realised that her job although well paid, and full of the rich life was not anything I personally would have applied for.   

Later spent man hours doing different duties as a policeman when she and her family visited Edinburgh. Moved to Canada and surprise surprise the Queen arrived in Vancouver in the Royal Yacht, I am sure at some time she would have looked and said jeez theres that Boab again he haunts me.

I have no criticism of Her Majesty the system no doubt requires close examination, but just like us she was born into a situation and had to live with it, certainly in great comfort, but I am sure like any job she has days when she says oh shit not all this crap again.

Whatever happens with the queen, hopefully that sycophantic git Nicholas witchell that's currently slavering away on the bbc disappears back under his stone forever.

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

I know.

Can’t think of a better example - but hey! Abba won.

Point stands - if a President dies in office stuff gets cancelled / postponed and there is a period of mourning.

3 minutes ago, briever said:

The Royal family have everything to do with perpetuating a system that allows this to happen.

Nothing to do with this thread though. 👍

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Whatever happens with the queen, hopefully that sycophantic git Nicholas witchell that's currently slavering away on the bbc disappears back under his stone forever.

Harsh!  This is the moment Witchell's been waiting for his whole career.  Will make the most of it you can be sure

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I remember when her Dad died and a young girl took over that job. I became a member of her Brigade of Guards and participated in her Coronation Parade in 1953 in Egypt. Saw her many times in London, when serving on Palace guards there.

realised that her job although well paid, and full of the rich life was not anything I personally would have applied for.   

Later spent man hours doing different duties as a policeman when she and her family visited Edinburgh. Moved to Canada and surprise surprise the Queen arrived in Vancouver in the Royal Yacht, I am sure at some time she would have looked and said jeez theres that Boab again he haunts me.

I have no criticism of Her Majesty the system no doubt requires close examination, but just like us she was born into a situation and had to live with it, certainly in great comfort, but I am sure like any job she has days when she says oh shit not all this crap again.

Well said (as always) Mr. Bob.

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yup, that's what the current queen did

No, she was Elizabeth.  Her dad was Albert though (Bertie) but chose George VI to offer some continuity with his father after the Edward VIII (whose name was David) unpleasantness.

2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

She's never really had a day off. It would make the news if she went down the pub for a few and a pizza on the way home. It would be like being in jail, Always surrounded by security and every second of your day will be planned. 

7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I’m sure she’d much rather have just been a posh old lady running a stables somewhere.  But she did her duty.

Duty seems pretty unfashionable these days.

For all Jambos for whom this may be a sad or unsettling event (when it happens), I hope you find some peace about it.

Anything else I might want to add can well and truly wait a bit.

1 minute ago, briever said:

What's the thread for?  Crocodile tears for someone you've never met dying?

This thread is about her illness and soon to be death and the match day thread is about the match But you are all over that as well. I get it mate you don’t like the queen. That’s fine why not start a thread about it ?

been here before
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

This thread is about her illness and soon to be death and the match day thread is about the match But you are all over that as well. I get it mate you don’t like the queen. That’s fine why not start a thread about it ?

The thread polis have arrived :rofl:

Shanks said no
26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

William, Anne & Edward have only just arrived at Aberdeen airport, then it's another hour or so's drive to Balmoral.

Harry & Meghan are still to arrive at Aberdeen, so any announcements will be at least few hours away yet.

Not sure they will wait for Harry, final snub for the ginger prince 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

This is the thread for that.

Just now, Shanks said no said:

Not sure they will wait for Harry, final snub for the ginger prince 

Doesn't matter, he's not a blood relation of hers anyway.

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All the BBC and Queen haters will be glued to the BBCs round the clock coverage of the Queen for the next fortnight commenting on their contempt to every social media platform that will have them whilst blaming big tech for all our financial woes.

At least you'll have something to look down on 👍

I’m as anti royalist as anyone else. But there’s a time for decorum, respect and generally refraining from being a dickhead.

I wouldn’t have wanted her role for the World, despite all comforts that came with it and to have stuck to a role that was forced on her from the age of 25 is no mean feat. There is certainly a discussion to be had about the future of the monarchy, but at an appropriate time and a place.  Her sense of duty, even if you don’t agree with the Monarchy (as I don’t) is impressive imho. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I’m sure she’d much rather have just been a posh old lady running a stables somewhere.  But she did her duty.

Duty seems pretty unfashionable these days.

About how I see it.

Misplaced, or however you see it, she's always believed it to be her duty and has performed it with great dedication.

I'll take no joy at her passing.

27 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The title of the Thread is “The Queen” but now isn’t the time to engage in tit for tat with someone who clearly doesn’t know how to behave appropriately. 

You let me know when it's time then!

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I get it mate you don’t like the queen. That’s fine why not start a thread about it ?

There's already a thread called "the Queen" 

25 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Too right I'd have taken the job, you could shape it to whatever you want - you're the king. You could be a shagger, a coke fiend, a metal bassist, a recluse, you could be dedicated to an ancient notion of duty, whatever you want. And free to leave whenever you want too. 

Dick Dastardly
23 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

nope, elizabeth was her birth name

21 minutes ago, FWJ said:

No, she was Elizabeth.  Her dad was Albert though (Bertie) but chose George VI to offer some continuity with his father after the Edward VIII (whose name was David) unpleasantness.

Yeah, but she wasn't the second though, she chose to be called Elizabeth ll

21 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Had to live with it?

"Oh shit not all this crap again" Family never stopped piling it up at her portcullis, didn't deserve it.

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And if Charles chooses ‘James’ he will be James VIII

8 minutes ago, OBE said:

Had to live with it?

"Oh shit not all this crap again" Family never stopped piling it up at her portcullis, didn't deserve it.

She saw it as her duty to do it - and to do it for her lifetime.  And she did, (rarely if ever putting a foot wrong in 70+ years).  But ‘duty’ seems very old-fashioned these days.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

She saw it as her duty to do it - and to do it for her lifetime.  And she did, (rarely if ever putting a foot wrong in 70+ years).  But ‘duty’ seems very old-fashioned these days.

Modern consumer capitalism requires a society of selfilish arseholes from the top to the very bottom. And here we are.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, briever said:

Exactly, unfortunately most of those that mourn her will not realise this as they struggle to eat or heat this winter. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

21 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Because that's what she is, the second Queen called Elizabeth, the first being the daughter of Henry VIII, who reigned from 1558 to 1603, you know the virgin Queen, Spanish Armada, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc.  So yeh she's Queen Elizabeth II.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Modern consumer capitalism requires a society of selfilish arseholes from the top to the very bottom. And here we are.

Spot on 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Because that's what she is, the second Queen called Elizabeth, the first being the daughter of Henry VIII, who reigned from 1558 to 1603, you know the virgin Queen, Spanish Armada, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc.  So yeh she's Queen Elizabeth II.

Scotland didn’t have an Elizabeth I. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Of England, Elizabeth I of Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Yup

I’m the pub now . What’s the latest ? Is the game still on ? It’s rammed with jambos here !😎🤩

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scotland didn’t have an Elizabeth I. 

3 minutes ago, briever said:

Of England, Elizabeth I of Scotland.

Yes, your right.

joondalupjambo
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Meghan not going.

Nor is the other one's wife.

Edited by joondalupjambo

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m the pub now . What’s the latest ? Is the game still on ? It’s rammed with jambos here !😎🤩

Is it not more convenient, to just ask an arsehole standing beside you? :thumbsup:

Edited by OBE