The Queen

Sooperstar

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

All games involving British teams. 

How will it look if the head of state dies and we all carry on playing foot all ? 

Progressive. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

All games involving British teams. 

How will it look if the head of state dies and we all carry on playing foot all ? 

It would look that we're trying to carry on as normal. 

Stiff upper lip and all that shite.

Malinga the Swinga

She's done a lot for the country and never wavered on her determination to serve.

If she has chosen to spend her last days in Scotland, then I wish her peace.

I know she means a great deal to older people, my mother in law for example, and it will be strange to not have her presence, as she does offer a reassuring stability whilst the madness of the world rages on.

theAlvasection
6 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I am in no way a royalist, but she is an old lady who it looks like is passing away.

And I wish her a peaceful end.

Well put.

7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hate to say this as sick as it will be it………….the great hooped unwashed will most defiantly put on some sort of morbid display at their next home match……nap

The Celtic PR team will be shitting themselves.

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hate to say this as sick as it will be it………….the great hooped unwashed will most defiantly put on some sort of morbid display at their next home match……nap

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She's done a lot for the country and never wavered on her determination to serve.

If she has chosen to spend her last days in Scotland, then I wish her peace.

I know she means a great deal to older people, my mother in law for example, and it will be strange to not have her presence, as she does offer a reassuring stability whilst the madness of the world rages on.

Indeed it will be sad but Scots have a black sense of humour at these times 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Nick Witchell devastated.  He's now going to have to report on Charles III,  who thinks he's a snivelling twat.

Witchell is about 90, should have retired ages ago ffs

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Cameras and audio turned off will be their best attempt to snuff anything out.

9 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I am in no way a royalist, but she is an old lady who it looks like is passing away.

:thumbs_up:

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Currently on the phone to the Sky audio team ordering them to use mics from the museum for the rest of the season. 

Speaking of republicans, the royal family’s not for me but I don’t take any delight in an old woman dying. However if they could hold off on the announcement until after the game kicks off, that would be splendid. 

Now, back to that mental image of Nick Whitchell and his crotchless leather pants…

Someone has just come out and removed the traffic sign from behind the gate at the entrance to Balmoral. Removing it so it isn't in the background when they make the announcement of her death?

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You don't hate to say it at all, you can't wait to be offended😏

3 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There can't be many around who remember a time when she was not Queen. 

You’d have to be well into your 70s to remember before she came to the throne.

If the announcement is made this afternoon, I am sure the game will not go ahead - and neither will this weekend’s.

Morbidly interesting as to what would happen if the announcement I made during the match.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You don't hate to say it at all, you can't wait to be offended😏

I won’t be offended…..nor will I be surprised.

been here before
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Morbidly interesting as to what would happen if the announcement I made during the match.

Well Andy Halliday would have to come off if he's on the pitch at the time.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Someone has just come out and removed the traffic sign from behind the gate at the entrance to Balmoral. Removing it so it isn't in the background when they make the announcement of her death?

I think the signs will go up at Holyrood and Buckingham Palace as these are the state palaces.  I’m not sure that they will at Balmoral.  Though don’t really know TBH.

The Queen's a great woman who has never put a foot wrong. She's probably been the greatest monarch that's ever lived. 

If she does die, they won't tell us until Monday or early on during a week because they'll want to tear the arse out of the grief for a good full week. 

been here before
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I don't have the number, but could you fire one off and remind her it's a 17:45 kick off tonight?

Can you remind all at Balmoral the Hearts kick off at 17.45 so if the can hold back on the announcement another couple of hours. Sending thoughts etc. Loving the show.

1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

I will agree with you, I should just ignore your comments, even if they are offensive and badly timed. 

:spoton:

Correct, it's an opinion forum, not a royalist convention.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Well Andy Halliday would have to come off if he's on the pitch at the time.

Andy Halliday is already driving to Balmoral.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don't have the number, but could you fire one off and remind her it's a 17:45 kick off tonight?

Surely no one's that excited!

24 minutes ago, bairdy said:

:clap: 

18 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There can't be many around who remember a time when she was not Queen. 

80% of the population alive today have only known the Queen as monarch, so someone said on the TV.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

How's that gotten past the filter?! 😄

Were they not menthol sweeties growing up?

Edited by i8hibsh

The BBC's live update is the usual speculation, lack of insight and bad grammar. However, I'm pleased to read Prince William has started at a new primary school 

Screenshot_20220908-151537_Chrome.jpg

I think there will be a lot of mixed emotions for people when her death is announced.

For me I feel for anyone who loses a mother. No matter what age she is.  It's a devastating loss.  Well for most it is. 

However, this is tempered by her being representative of an elitist, outdated institution which really should be no part of a modern forward-thinking country. 

The obscene wealth she has, and her family have is in direct contrast to the obscene poverty in the UK.  It doesn't sit well with me at all. 

I guess it will be shattering for some as she represents " stability" in these troubled times whereas I think i haven't ever felt that.  

The right wing / Brexit mob types will be grieving in their millions, feeling it's another nail in the coffin for the " Empire" 

As others have noted I am genuinely going to be sickened by the obscene wealth on display and money spent for her funeral whilst others are deciding whether to boil their kettle for a cuppa or not. 

I actually feel quite angry when people say " oh well she has lived a good life " Shes 96.   Ofcourse she has. She has had the best of health care , never ever worried about money and bills.  That impacts on anyone's wellbeing and probably longevity. 

Whereas I feel that it will give us the opportunity to really debate the role of the monarch.  However, i think Charles will royally duck things up anyway. 

Ideal time to end the monarch really.  Thanks for your service and all but its 2022. 

Worked almost to her dying day. Some may question the word worked but that’s was her job. I suppose the meeting of two cretinous PMs in one day would end anybody. 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

money spent for her funeral whilst others are deciding whether to boil their kettle for a cuppa or not. 

I would not be surprised if she has said cool the jets with my funeral. 

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hope shes alright.  Probably not though.  Sad for her and her family, not all of them are cuntos. 

Massive shame, nobody should have to pass in Aberdeenshire. 

Balmoral and Deeside is a fantastic looking place.

Knuckle down for the next few weeks at least.  The state sponsored mourning will be wall to wall 24 /7.  Enforced mourning.  When most will think " oh that's sad news, what's on the telly later ? "

But you will be forgiven for thinking otherwise as the " grief of the nation" will be distorted to epic proportions. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Trying  on my old Naval uniform, in case I get called up to pull the gun carriage at the state funeral.

No being cheeky but can you still fit in it ? :) 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No being cheeky but can you still fit in it ? :) 

The problem may well be the cap.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Trying  on my old Naval uniform, in case I get called up to pull the gun carriage at the state funeral.

Never had you down as a horse