The Queen

Sooperstar

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Scotland didn’t have an Elizabeth I. 

It goes by the higher number of monarchs of England or Scotland.  That’s why if Charles chooses James he would be James VIII or if he chose Alexander he would be Alexander IV.  England has only had 2 Jameses and no Alexanders

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

Is it not more convenient, to just ask an arsehole standing beside you? :thumbsup:

I did . They said no news . They appeared disinterested . 

The White Cockade

Heard from a friend who works at ITV that the Queen has passed but currently a broadcasting ban on announcement

No reason to disbelieve them

Sad news

It’s going to be a toss up between the over the top grieving monarchists and the arsehole tubes who seem to relish this for who’s going to be the most annoying over the next few days I reckon. 

Dick Dastardly
34 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Because that's what she is, the second Queen called Elizabeth, the first being the daughter of Henry VIII, who reigned from 1558 to 1603, you know the virgin Queen, Spanish Armada, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc.  So yeh she's Queen Elizabeth II.

Not of Great Britain. Not of Scotland. She is Queen Elizabeth ll of England. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not of Great Britain. Not of Scotland. She is Queen Elizabeth ll of England. 

It goes by the higher number of monarchs of England or Scotland.  That’s why if Charles chooses James he would be James VIII or if he chose Alexander he would be Alexander IV.  England has only had 2 Jameses and no Alexanders

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They appeared disinterested . 

If they're not worried about the Queen then they're not proper Hearts men (although there's always the possibility that they just didn't want to talk to you). 

Jambo_jim2001

Doesn't surprise me,,,poor old dear in that cold damp and draughty castle too scared to put the heating on🥺🥺

Edited by Jambo_jim2001

36 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

If they're not worried about the Queen then they're not proper Hearts men (although there's always the possibility that they just didn't want to talk to you). 

7981BDAD-7FB0-4ACF-8928-18F7B0B502FC.jpeg

Footballfirst

Hearts Live reporting on BBC stopped. Why? Has the game been abandoned? No.

Live Reporting

Thomas Duncan

1. Posted at 18:3318:33

Post update

Following the announcement from Buckingham Palace, this live page will now close.

Edit: Looks like the Beeb has stopped all its live reporting.

Edited by Footballfirst

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Good innings. Seemed like a good lady, rest in peace, Ma'am.

This. 

Now hopefully we can put this shitshow to bed. 

I'm no monarchist, quite the opposite, but RIP Elizabeth. I know my good old mum will be sad tonight, I'll visit her tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Imaman said:

1 minutes silence spoiled by numpties 

That's sad though unsurprising. Some morons just can't help themselves. I'm no monarchist but I can stay silent for a minute.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am not a monarchist but I respected the Queen and her dedication over the decades. RIP

1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

Coins, notes , stamps all be changed be strange it’s all I’ve ever known

I’m near 60 and same

Not a monarchist but still a sad day 

Guy just came in the pub , to check the score . He was at the match and walked out after the minutes silence as he said loads were shouting . Said some fans were fighting too with each other . Temperature raising it seems . 

The new King releases a statement

A statement has just been issued by the Royal Family on behalf of Charles, the new King.

He writes: "The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family.

"We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished sovereign and a much-loved mother.

"I know her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth and by countless people around the world.

"During this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and sustained by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection in which the Queen was so widely held."

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

She's done a lot for the country and never wavered on her determination to serve.

If she has chosen to spend her last days in Scotland, then I wish her peace.

I know she means a great deal to older people, my mother in law for example, and it will be strange to not have her presence, as she does offer a reassuring stability whilst the madness of the world rages on.

I’m not a monarchist but I think these are fine words.

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Guy just came in the pub , to check the score . He was at the match and walked out after the minutes silence as he said loads were shouting . Said some fans were fighting too with each other . Temperature raising it seems . 

Sad to be standing there booing during a minute's silence. I mean how much do we shit on Celtic for doing it on remembrance weekend but suddenly some of our own are booing 1 minute rememberance  of the queen 

Edited by Seaside Dave

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Finally, the ban that we’ve all been waiting for. Ta ta 👋🏻 

certainly hope the mods pick up on it as its one of the most disgusting comments  well 2 comments iv seen on here. At least hes stopped replying now so this thread can move on. Im so not a monarchist but Ri’s words earlier summed it up nicely i think.

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m near 60 and same

Not a monarchist but still a sad day 

Same here neither fussed one way or other regarding the royal family they are part of society all ways have been and I’d imagine will be for a long time to come, but I’d wish her or her family no ill but sadly at 96 time was against her she’s had a good life and above all else she was a mother , grandmother, great grandmother she will be missed.