• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Because that's what she is, the second Queen called Elizabeth, the first being the daughter of Henry VIII, who reigned from 1558 to 1603, you know the virgin Queen, Spanish Armada, Mary Queen of Scots etc etc.  So yeh she's Queen Elizabeth II.

Nope, she is the 1st Queen Elizabeth of great Britain 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes, your right.

Some folk bombed post boxes in the 50s with ERII on it, bit over the top really. 

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

1 minutes silence spoiled by numpties 

That was embarrassing to watch and never again can we complain about other supporters not respecting a 1 minute silence, when there were many in our own support who couldn't put their prejudices aside for just 1 minute and just stay quiet.

Knew of her well, knew about her well, but never really knew her, it was her time, well into your mieties you have had a good spell of life, so old wifie an old man wishes you all the best wherever we all go, mebbe we'll meet but I do have a lot of  other people to contact  in that place so it might be a while before we meet.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

It goes by the higher number of monarchs of England or Scotland.  That’s why if Charles chooses James he would be James VIII or if he chose Alexander he would be Alexander IV.  England has only had 2 Jameses and no Alexanders

I know why she’s called that, the fact is Scotlands never had an Elizabeth I 👍🏽. Charles III apparently. 

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yip, if you can tell me who was the 1st QE of great Britain that would be nice😊. Actually who gives a stuff, an old lady has died so may she rest in peace. 

The law tells you right there what the score is. 

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

It goes by the higher number of monarchs of England or Scotland.  That’s why if Charles chooses James he would be James VIII or if he chose Alexander he would be Alexander IV.  England has only had 2 Jameses and no Alexanders

Tell that to the guy who made the latest Bible, King James the 6th. (whoops sorry,KJ the 1st of GB) 

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Hansel said:

I don't agree with those fans who booed the min silence as its a bit classless, however, I do believe the monarchy needs to get in the bin. 

Nobody booed the silence, they booed the 2 scumbags who shouted **** the Queen

Sad when anyone dies. 

The BBC are well out of tune with the public with their blanket coverage of the queen's passing imo. 

No need to blank out all their Radio and TV channels. 

It feels like we are being forced into deference. 

This will turn people even more against the establishment and Royalty. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Sad when anyone dies. 

The BBC are well out of tune with the public with their blanket coverage of the queen's passing imo. 

Just say what you really think bro

30 minutes ago, briever said:

In what way?

Why don’t you go and argue with your shadow, or your reflection in the mirror?

At least, in either scenario, you might just have a wee chance of winning.

Just a suggestion like.  👍

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Why don’t you go and argue with your shadow, or your reflection in the mirror?

At least, in either scenario, you might just have a wee chance of winning.

Just a suggestion like.  👍

🤣🤣

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sad when anyone dies. 

Jesus. Just turn Netflix on :vrface:

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Coins, notes , stamps all be changed be strange it’s all I’ve ever known

Yelp... I'm offshore for another two weeks. Will my Lizzy wages still be legal tender when I get back 🧐

Malinga the Swinga

Just back from Tynecastle and will leave football comments to other threads.

To the two morons, one in Section E and one in F, hope you feel proud about shouting '**** the Queen' and dragging my club, my football club, into the gutter.

Hopefully you can be identified by CCTV and banned from any future game. No excuses, no reasons and no second chance.

Just **** off and never come back.

28 minutes ago, briever said:

Why use a word to describe someone and then not be able to explain why?

Because I don't want to get drawn into an argument or debate. We all have our opinions and that was mine. 

manaliveits105
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just back from Tynecastle and will leave football comments to other threads.

To the two morons, one in Section E and one in F, hope you feel proud about shouting '**** the Queen' and dragging my club, my football club, into the gutter.

Hopefully you can be identified by CCTV and banned from any future game. No excuses, no reasons and no second chance.

Just **** off and never come back.

Hear hear 

I've got jury service next Wednesday.

Anyone know if that will be affected/cancelled by the Queen's death/mourning period?

🤞🙏 

1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Sad to be standing there booing during a minute's silence. I mean how much do we shit on Celtic for doing it on remembrance weekend but suddenly some of our own are booing 1 minute rememberance  of the queen 

It was 'feck the Queen' shouted out from G or H that started it as minutes silence was beginning. People shouted and booed back then God Save the Queen started from N and that was booed. Basically just one or two people shouting out that caused it. 

At least Hearts fans have booed during silence for both the Pope AND the Queen now. 

Edited by Mikey1874

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sad when anyone dies. 

Yes . It will be wall to wall coverage. State madated " grief" " the nation in mourning" etc when in reality most people will feel a bit sad and then wonder what they will have for their tea tonight.  Ill be avoiding any tv coverage and stick to my firestick. Im not playing that game. 

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sad when anyone dies. 

Sounds a bit like a thing North Korea would do.

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nobody booed the silence, they booed the 2 scumbags who shouted **** the Queen

I heard someone shouting that but I thought the booing started because people started singing god save the queen. Who knows.

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Sad when anyone dies. 

It's not just the BBC. I put Absolute Radio on in the car after the match and it was just instrumental version of sad songs. I imagine pretty much all of the main commercial radio and TV stations will be the same.

3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Heard from a friend who works at ITV that the Queen has passed but currently a broadcasting ban on announcement

No reason to disbelieve them

Sad news

I was wondering if what the doctor said earlier was code for telling the media etc it was coming. BBC this afternoon acted and spoke like it was near. 

2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I heard someone shouting that but I thought the booing started because people started singing god save the queen. Who knows.

Yeah

The shouting by one or two people caused it all. Feck the Queen and something else. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Its covered on the terrace and tbh not sure its appropriate for this thread as this shouldnt be about either side and their idiotic behaviour at the game (both most def were as bad as each other but politics/religion etc have no place at football).

It should be about a woman who devoted her life to the country and whatever your thoughts are that deserves respect even if like me you have no desire to have a monarchy

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was wondering if what the doctor said earlier was code for telling the media etc it was coming. BBC this afternoon acted and spoke like it was near. 

BBC used past tense for her a few times initially. I would think she possibly passed prior to the announcement but they wanted to get the family there and things in place before announcing it publicly. 

59 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Victorian, Edwardian, Georgian……..Charles ?

It may be outdated but Caroline or Carolean were used for King Charles I and II respectively.