The Queen

Sooperstar

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Seems reasonable to me, what do you guys call your best mate?

Its one of those unique words which is offensive and a term of endearment.  One of my friends didnt  speak to me for over a year cause i called him that when we argued over the phone.   Theres a great story about how Helen Mirren was on the first day on an American film set and said to the crew " Good morning, ^^^^ and OfCourse being Americans they were horrified. :) (notice how I got the Mirren link and she played the Queen) :) 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There can't be many around who remember a time when she was not Queen. 

Millions of us shortly 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Never had you down as a horse 

Ask John about the pool table in the pub on Easter Road.

There were witnesses too.

well 

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The problem may well be the cap.

wel if the cap fits wear it ? :) 

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Could have been anywhere. 

ha ya bugger I edited that within about 2 seconds 🙂

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Witchell is about 90, should have retired ages ago ffs

Anyone else thinking of Roman funeral practices where slaves are concerned...

Percival King
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Knuckle down for the next few weeks at least.  The state sponsored mourning will be wall to wall 24 /7.  Enforced mourning.  When most will think " oh that's sad news, what's on the telly later ? "

But you will be forgiven for thinking otherwise as the " grief of the nation" will be distorted to epic proportions. 

I remember the day of Princess Diana's funeral, quietest we'd seen the golf course on a Saturday morning and no traffic on the roads. 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

ha ya bugger I edited that within about 2 seconds 🙂

Sorry, i8.

Couldnae resist.  👍

30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The Queen's a great woman who has never put a foot wrong. She's probably been the greatest monarch that's ever lived. 

If she does die, they won't tell us until Monday or early on during a week because they'll want to tear the arse out of the grief for a good full week. 

She has great medical support, but I'd be amazed if she didn't at some point this century.

2 minutes ago, Percival King said:

I remember the day of Princess Diana's funeral, quietest we'd seen the golf course on a Saturday morning and no traffic on the roads. 

My mum took us up the west coast in the car, it was deserted. Brilliant day.

mrmarkus1981_1
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Millions of us shortly 

What the GIF size limit? :D 

Edited by mrmarkus1981_1

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Knuckle down for the next few weeks at least.  The state sponsored mourning will be wall to wall 24 /7.  Enforced mourning.  When most will think " oh that's sad news, what's on the telly later ? "

But you will be forgiven for thinking otherwise as the " grief of the nation" will be distorted to epic proportions. 

Yeah, also need to hunkering down from the insufferable yammering of self righteous know it all nation building experts who have a blueprint ready for a wonderful new perfect problem-free egalitarian utopia which will emerge if we scrap the monarchy. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah, also need to hunkering down from the insufferable yammering of self righteous know it all nation building experts who have a blueprint ready for a wonderful new perfect problem-free egalitarian utopia which will emerge if we scrap the monarchy. 

id prefer to listen to their alternative. 

1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Won't he be called something else instead?

He can choose a different name, as has often been done.

Camilla will tell him what to do.

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Never had you down as a horse 

Time to educate you Smithee.

The ceremonial gun carriage is pulled/pushed by 120 ratings of the Royal Navy. 75 pulling at the front of the carriage, 45 pushing from the rear.

Although the Navy are the senior service, this only came into being when the horses broke free from the carriage carrying Queen Victoria's coffin from Windsor train station to Windsor Castle.

A quick thinking Naval officer got Naval ratings to take up the weight of the carriage and the coffin completed the remainder of its journey under the pulling power of the Navy.

Ever since Naval ratings have pulled the ceremonial gun carriage at all UK state funerals.

The gun carriage is kept enclosed in a glass cabinet, at Hms Excellent, Whale Island, Portsmouth.

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well i remember when the last Queen died.  In Manchester too of all places. 

OIP (3).jpg

The naked civil servant.

All the BBC and Queen haters will be glued to the BBCs round the clock coverage of the Queen for the next fortnight commenting on their contempt to every social media platform that will have them whilst blaming big tech for all our financial woes.

Not much will change.

GSTQ will bcome GSTK.

The Queen's Park in Edinburgh will become the King's Park.

We'll have a monarch to ridicule rather than a monarch to respect.

And Hibs will still be shite.

I’m pretty sure if we had a president and s/he died in office there would be a period of mourning with entertainment and sporting fixtures cancelled.

(France withdrew from the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest after the death of M. Pompidou)

been here before
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

All the BBC and Queen haters will be glued to the BBCs round the clock coverage of the Queen for the next fortnight commenting on their contempt to every social media platform that will have them whilst blaming big tech for all our financial woes.

You'll still be our ikkle Pwincess Hissy Fit though.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, FWJ said:

I’m pretty sure if we had a president and s/he died in office there would be a period of mourning with entertainment and sporting fixtures cancelled.

(France withdrew from the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest after the death of M. Pompidou)

:rofl:

22 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

She has great medical support, but I'd be amazed if she didn't at some point this century.

So she could potentially live to 174 then?

31 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This has been years in the planning and no way will old Lizzie be getting sent off on the cheap. 

Money can always be found for Royalty and war. 

Dick Dastardly
25 minutes ago, Percival King said:

My boss, at the time, cancelled the happy hour. 

been here before
25 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Nucky Thompson is yer man for that kind of outlandish medical prognosis.

William, Anne & Edward have only just arrived at Aberdeen airport, then it's another hour or so's drive to Balmoral.

Harry & Meghan are still to arrive at Aberdeen, so any announcements will be at least few hours away yet.

been here before
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

William, Anne & Edward have only just arrived at Aberdeen airport, then it's another hour or so's drive to Balmoral.

Harry & Meghan are still to arrive at Aberdeen, so any announcements will be at least few hours away yet.

Shouldnt have any bearing on tonights game then.

Don't like the royals. Not the people but the whole concept of a royal family. She's lived a long life can hardly be sad at that. When she goes that should be it for royalty.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Charles I was executed and Charles II was dethroned and then not exactly conventional when he returned. It’s been rumoured he doesn’t want to be Charles III as that’s what Bonnie Prince Charlie was called, James VIII is the most likely but that’s Harrys dads name so who knows 😱🤔🤣?!?!

56 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

Correct, it's an opinion forum, not a royalist convention.

The title of the Thread is “The Queen” but now isn’t the time to engage in tit for tat with someone who clearly doesn’t know how to behave appropriately. 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Some of the comments on here are vile. Folk really have no shame 

What comments?

No seen any slagging a wee auld dying/dead woman. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Charles I was executed and Charles II was dethroned and then not exactly conventional when he returned. It’s been rumoured he doesn’t want to be Charles III as that’s what Bonnie Prince Charlie was called, James VIII is the most likely but that’s Harrys dads name so who knows 😱🤔🤣?!?!

Horrible History is brilliant:

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The naked civil servant.

Yep

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This has been years in the planning and no way will old Lizzie be getting sent off on the cheap. 

Money can always be found for Royalty and war. 

True 

Dick Dastardly
30 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yup, that's what the current queen did