The Queen

Sooperstar

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Do you actually have a tin of biscuits or a tin of sowing gear?

The sewing gear is in the Quality Street tin 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

19 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I very much doubt the game will be cancelled as it's not a domestic match.

Of course it will be cancelled if the dreaded announcement is made this afternoon. 

Everything will be cancelled. 

Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

That's because they've probably known she's dead for a couple of hours.

yup, the ain't walking this one back easily. #michaelfish

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, luckydug said:

Of course it will be cancelled if the dreaded announcement is made this afternoon. 

Why would it be cancelled?

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You reckon? I can't see it, Basekasehir (sp) will have already travelled and I doubt Uefa cancel games when a head of state dies.

14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Please spare a thought for all those who, during questionable lockdown strategies and travel restrictions, were unable to be with their dying relatives.

:lol: amazing. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Taffin said:

You reckon? I can't see it, Basekasehir (sp) will have already travelled and I doubt Uefa cancel games when a head of state dies.

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Scotland V Belarus was postponed in 1997 when Diana died. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

At the end of the day, she's a wee auld woman. Why any ***** would wish her Ill, is beyond me. A mum, a grandma, a great grandma etc... Yes, the Royals should not be thing, but that's a different matter .

:spoton: sir, well said.

27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

What happens with all the coins, stamps etc?

AFAIK, The coins & notes will remain legal tender and will gradually be replaced with the new monarch, but it does take time, I can remember using George VI coins in the 60's. 

The stamps will also remain in use and will eventually be replaced as old stock is used up with new stocks of the new monarch, there is usually a period when both old and new monarch's stamps can be used together, as there will always be older stamps still around.

1 minute ago, allyjambo said:

Scotland V Belarus was postponed in 1997 when Diana died. 

That was somewhat different circumstances...and also 25 years ago.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

AFAIK, The coins & notes will remain legal tender and will gradually be replaced with the new monarch, but it does take time, I can remember using George VI coins in the 60's. 

The stamps will also remain in use and will eventually be replaced as old stock is used up with new stocks of the new monarch, there is usually a period when both old and new monarch's stamps can be used together, as there will always be older stamps still around.

Makes sense. Will take a long, long time to phase out i'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

If Prince William is the PHM he seems to be, he's in the shed at Balmoral rigging up a Weekend at Bernie's style apparatus right now so that the game goes ahead and there's no need for the players to be distracted.

Weekend at Betty's.

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We might get a new Elton John single. 

Just released one with Britney Spears. 

Not sure if it had the intentions of the last one though.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No, I don't mate. 

Fair play, and, of course, done as expected. Plenty of us, however, have had to - and continue to, due to border and visa restrictions - suffer the losses and illnesses of loved ones from afar in the last two and a half years. This mob, including such lovely people as the one who, completely innocently, took a briefcase of cash from an Arab sheikh and his brother Prince Noncealot, have been bundled onto private jets (climate change crisis, folks) and, hopefully, have had the chance to say goodbye to their dear mother.

Well done for point scoring. Classy.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Coins with QV and other monarchs were still in circulation right up until decimalisation in 1971 iirc. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

At the end of the day, she's a wee auld woman. Why any ***** would wish her Ill, is beyond me. A mum, a grandma, a great grandma etc... Yes, the Royals should not be thing, but that's a different matter .

The racism, supporting her pedo son and hoarding quite unfathomable (deliberately hidden) wealth are possible reasons. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Good post.

It's what she'd want. It's home after all.

This.

While she probably aware that her time is almost up, she'll be hoping that she's well enough to tune in to watch the Hearts this evening.

I’ve heard she wants Neilson out 

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Makes sense. Will take a long, long time to phase out i'd imagine. 

The Queen didn't have any stamps issued until December 1952, despite becoming monarch in February 1952, it's been the same with every monarch before her, that there was a gap of many months before their stamps started to appear.

I've got several Queen Victoria stamps used and postmarked in 1902 a full year plus after her death.

Shooter McGavin

My thoughts are with the millions of people in this country queuing up outside of foodbanks, the 4+ million children in this country living in poverty and the thousands of people, who would have otherwise survived, but will now die this winter due to the cost-of-living crisis.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Coins with QV and other monarchs were still in circulation right up until decimalisation in 1971 iirc. 

I’ve still got 5&10ps with her dads head on it that were legal tender in the 80s. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

My thoughts are with the millions of people in this country queuing up outside of foodbanks, the 4+ million children in this country living in poverty and the thousands of people, who would have otherwise survived, but will now die this winter due to the cost-of-living crisis.

Me too 👍🏽👏🏾

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Well done for point scoring. Classy.

When is the time to talk about how their privileged way of life is incompatible with the issues we face as a planet? Mourn the Queen first then wave as they depart on their private jets to pick up more suitcases full of money?

The future of the monarchy is very worthy of discussion right now and it isn’t point scoring I don’t think. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Sad to hear it, sounds very ominous. A sad occasion. 

I was wondering who was the last King or Queen of Scots to pass in Scotland… would seem to be James V in 1542 but I will stand corrected by any superior historians out there

Not too many old traditions and connections left keeping us connected to each other and to our ancestors, but I tend to be the type who’ll hang on to tattered old things I’m attached to 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It was the same with the stamps, they were all still legal, until decimalisation.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Which nothing do with this thread. You bash on trying to be edgy though. 😂

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

All European games? 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sad to hear it, sounds very ominous. A sad occasion. 

I was wondering who was the last King or Queen of Scots to pass in Scotland… would seem to be James V in 1542 but I will stand corrected by any superior historians out there

Not too many old traditions and connections left keeping us connected to each other and to our ancestors, but I tend to be the type who’ll hang on to tattered old things I’m attached to 

Hope your missus doesn't read KB.

highlandjambo3

Hate to say this as sick as it will be it………….the great hooped unwashed will most defiantly put on some sort of morbid display at their next home match……nap

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

All European games? 

All games involving British teams. 

How will it look if the head of state dies and we all carry on playing foot all ?