• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Definitely would have given us an outball.  In hindsight. 

Hindsight has nothing to do with it - it was clear as the nose on your face.

We got away with it a few mins before the goal when Rocky horror show headed over from 6 yards out. We were asking for problems. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, HMFC 86 said:

Look who’s back strutting about like the cock of the north after a win against 10 men yesterday

I deliberately did not comment on that game, so certainly am not strutting about.

Todays game seemed fairly even, Hearts had a moment of quality to get their goal, but sat off and let Hibs equalise in the end when they offered so little in the final 3rd before that.

I can only recall one decent save Gordon made

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bushiri is probably as bad a central defender as you'll see at this level. Hideously bad. Plastic hard man beside him was on a booking and was there to be exploited. 

Everything we did from double sub and changed formation on 63 mins showed that we were happy to accept what we had and see it out. You can't do that. We needed security of a second goal last week before conceding an equally awful goal.

Exactly. That’s the manager all over, for once goes attack minded but can’t wait to go defensive, once Boyle got ready he shit it. 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Feels like a defeat! Missed Chances , Sibbick and Robbies Bottling it cost us 

Because we deserved to win. Had the better chances, but failed to convert them and tried to see out the game and failed. 

Really annoyed about that. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A lot of folk just ignoring there is another team on the pitch that influence what we do or what we can do. 

There was one place that cross could go to get a goal and it was right on Boyles toe. Any other time it flies across the box and goes out for a throw.

Totally, but that other were given a boost we could have prevented or dampened. If I'm a Hibs player (especially a defender or a midfielder) and I see Devlin, Sibbick and Halliday come on for Grant, Forrest and Boyce I'm thinking "okay, these guys are done for the day, I'm gonna have as long as I want on the ball and we've got a right chance to nick something here". You're not even thinking about what's behind you. 

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It's nothing to do with neilson out camps as you put it 

Bringing on halliday and Devlin for Boyce and Forrest means you are swapping 2 front players for 2 midfielders. 

Probably the main reason why we got hemmed in our half at the end. Never happened until we made these substitutions especially the second one 

Its always Russian roulette trying to sit deep defending one goal leads. We still had GMS and ginelly on the bench 

Fair enough, I agree like for like subs at that point but not reacting to the changing to a front two was probably a risk too

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

They were doing nothing with the ball. They were passing it about with no intent. It was so easy for us. McKay, Atkinson and Shankland had chances to kill the game and we never. Then Rowles doesn’t cover himself in glory for the goal. Sometimes it’s not the manager mate it’s the players, but you can’t see past that. You are nowhere after you beloved Bodoe got beat and now we’ve had a poor result you are back being a troll. 

Bodo scored 20 goals in there last 3 games, we can't hold out a 1 goal lead. 

That's what u call a reaction they won 7-0 yesterday. 

The player's were to blame last week and I slated them big time and backed Robbie, but this result is on him he changed it why? 

Would be interesting to see how many clean sheets we’ve kept with Sibbick on the pitch. I’d wager not many. May as well start a goal down every week

Robbie definitely got the subs wrong, no argument from me there, but I’m so raging at the players for switching off like that. Poor decision to shut up shop or not, that goal should never ever in a million years happen, that’s on the people who’s job it is to defend. 30 ****ing seconds to go ffs, just foul them 30 yards out & defend the set piece!!

Also the 5 minutes coming from them being dirty hacking *******s & their fud fans throwing shit at our players doesn’t half frustrate the life out of you.

Glamorgan Jambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would Ginnelly not have been a better option than Halliday? 

Either Ginnelly or even Henderson who both have pace to burn should have been on for the last 10 mins. In my opinion

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Definitely would have given us an outball.  In hindsight. 

Would’ve done it Hampden against them too, not sure why he doesn’t want to use him more tbh. 

Watt-Zeefuik
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why is Sibbick getting blamed for the goal? 

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to chest the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

Exactly. We have a back line that performed fairly well today but had a moment of miscommunication and it cost us. Folk are raging that they can't nose up their hibs mates and coworkers tomorrow and they're looking for someone to be mad at.

invernessjt
29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why is Sibbick getting blamed for the goal? 

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to chest the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

Spot on assessment.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Bodo scored 20 goals in there last 3 games, we can't hold out a 1 goal lead. 

That's what u call a reaction they won 7-0 yesterday. 

The player's were to blame last week and I slated them big time and backed Robbie, but this result is on him he changed it why? 

Changed it cause Smith was ****ed. The subs worked. If Boyle doesn’t score nobody says a word and it’s masterclass of seeing out a game. It’s football. You just don’t like Robbie.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Totally, but that other were given a boost we could have prevented or dampened. If I'm a Hibs player (especially a defender or a midfielder) and I see Devlin, Sibbick and Halliday come of for Grant, Forrest and Boyce I'm thinking "okay, these guys are done for the day, I'm gonna have as long as I want on the ball and we've got a right chance to nick something here". You're not even thinking about what's behind you. 

Spot on 

Central Belt 1874
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would Ginnelly not have been a better option than Halliday? 

Who knows. By that point we had already lost all shape and control. 

We can only hope there are a couple of attacking options being lined up that would be able to provide the quality when players like Boyce and Shankland run out of gas/fail to take their chances. 

The only positive that might come of that today is we recognise we need reinforcements. 

big pacey striker

right sided defender

winger

right back

second goalie 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Because we deserved to win. Had the better chances, but failed to convert them and tried to see out the game and failed. 

Really annoyed about that. 

Gutted , sitting in Waverley waiting from train home and these Hobos in here walking about as if they've won a cup 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The win against Hibs at Easter Road was one of the best I've ever seen, In Derby wins, so comfortable away from home too 😉

And what followed? How do you explain what followed? Surely you kick on. But no, end 4 points adrift of.....St Mirren. Get a grip

mellors1874

Switched to a back 3 when we were in control of the game and in my opinion he made the switch due to fearing Boyles pace.

He should have put sibbick in beside haring and stayed with a back 4 and we would have not left the gaps we did that let that wee naff in twice.

We need to get two more players in up front as after Boyce and shankland we didn't have anyone who could have played up top and I include Henderson in that.

Francis Albert

Dominated for 90 minutes. Better players playing sharper football all over the park. Then in 5 minutes of injury time we change and Hibs could well have scored before they got the last minute  equaliser which you could see coming.  

And Robbie's regular yellow card is beginning to piss me off. What signal is that giving the players? If your not winning or not winning by a bigger margin, it is down to the officials?. It wasn't today and it rarely is.

42 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Sorry buddy but all the signs were there. Sitting so far back then bringing on a defensive set up..

We were in control of that game for 85 minutes. 

We gave them the ball and asked for it..

This us a tough one to take. 

The clue was in the 95 mins

14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

A draw was probably the fair result.

Hibs had more of the ball, but had very little impact in the final third.

You seemed to sit off quite a bit and it looked like the one real moment of quality between MacKay and Shankland would be the difference.

Change your username to ‘In the dark’ will you?

There’s a good sheep.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Changed it cause Smith was ****ed. The subs worked. If Boyle doesn’t score nobody says a word and it’s masterclass of seeing out a game. It’s football. You just don’t like Robbie.

If my auntie had baws she would be my uncle? I hate Robbie but I backed him over the player's last week 🤔 okay mate time to step away from Jkb. 

Francis Albert

Dominated for 90 minutes. Better players playing sharper football all over the park. Then in 5 minutes of injury time we change and Hibs could well have scored before they got the last minute  equaliser which you could see coming.  

And Robbie's regular yellow card is beginning to piss me off. What signal is that giving the players? If your not winning or not winning by a bigger margin, it is down to the officials?. It wasn't today and it rarely is.

10 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I'm not so sure it's the midfield thatcis the problem. Boyce and Shankland put in a shift today, were shattered by 80 mins and we had  nobody on the bench to replace them, no attacking strength or pace. 

The midfield had no out ball to catch Hibs on the counter attack. 

That's on Neilson. We haven't recruited another striker of the quality that we require. And with European games this season, we really need another two up top.

Agree mate but that’s the point. Options. 

Why not put on Ginnelly and run Hibs for the last 15?   

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, invernessjt said:

Spot on assessment.

Thanks. 

Others would appear to think otherwise. 

Sibbick seems to be very blameable for some(most). Whether it’s to do with him as a footballer now I’m actually beginning to wonder. Maybe something else people don’t like. 

Just now, Morgan said:

There’s a good sheep.

Bahhh.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

If my auntie had baws she would be my uncle? I hate Robbie but I backed him over the player's last week 🤔 okay mate time to step away from Jkb. 

Hope that means you are stepping away from JKB cause you are the worst poster on here and a troll and it’s about time you got called out for it.

18 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well what's your fascination with venue? It's meaningless. Its the importance of the win that matters. A cup semi final. Twice.

Yes but neither were Neilson tactical masterclasses. 

I'm obviously delighted we won them but it doesn't make him a genius. 

16 minutes ago, fila said:

Great post, midfield is a worry at this moment , recruitment at this point doesn’t look great . I posted earlier Smith is also a worry , if he is just a back up then that’s fine, but he is past it . Love the guy , but Father Time has caught up with him 

Aye mate.  Smith is done, imo. Squad player but I’ve never been a big fan anyway, tbh.  

That aside, I think that suddenly the right side of defence has become a problem area for us.  

Think our game management today shows the difference between us and Old Firm. O F would never have tried to negate a woeful Hibs, would have kept pressing their superiority. RN needed to keep believing. Still a bit short in quality of squad. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Hope that means you are stepping away from JKB cause you are the worst poster on here and a troll and it’s about time you got called out for it.

What because I speak the truth okay mate. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

There’s a good sheep.

He is a condescending so and so 

The Old Tolbooth

We were absolutely coasting that game with 4 at the back, why change it? It was madness when we were so comfortable, we needed fresh legs up top for more of an out ball, but we need to start taking some of those many missed chances, we should’ve been out of sight half way through the second half! Gordon was only troubled once in the first half, and once at the end of the second half, they offered nothing until we gave them it, it’s so frustrating! 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree mate but that’s the point. Options. 

Why not put on Ginnelly and run Hibs for the last 15?   

Rumors are that Ginnelly wants out and his preseason record seems to support that. Not sure you want a player who doesn't want to be here on in the final minutes of a derby.

I agree that Halliday was an odd sub but he certainly did well in the derby last season.

6 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Totally, but that other were given a boost we could have prevented or dampened. If I'm a Hibs player (especially a defender or a midfielder) and I see Devlin, Sibbick and Halliday come on for Grant, Forrest and Boyce I'm thinking "okay, these guys are done for the day, I'm gonna have as long as I want on the ball and we've got a right chance to nick something here". You're not even thinking about what's behind you. 

Good post. 

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No you deliberately know what to say to get a reaction out people. I see it all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

And what followed? How do you explain what followed? Surely you kick on. But no, end 4 points adrift of.....St Mirren. Get a grip

He had 3 pre seasons a whole new team, and been properly backed 🤔

Shhh!!! 😜

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

We were absolutely coasting that game with 4 at the back, why change it? It was madness when we were so comfortable, we needed fresh legs up top for more of an out ball, but we need to start taking some of those many missed chances, we should’ve been out of sight half way through the second half! Gordon was only troubled once in the first half, and once at the end of the second half, they offered nothing until we gave them it, it’s so frustrating! 

Shat it cod he's a £#@@+£ p£#@@

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Feels like a defeat! Missed Chances , Sibbick and Robbies Bottling it cost us 

Neilson should be pulled in front of the board and be told the grow a pair. Every time he bottles it with his negative and backward thinking.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Rumors are that Ginnelly wants out and his preseason record seems to support that. Not sure you want a player who doesn't want to be here on in the final minutes of a derby.

I agree that Halliday was an odd sub but he certainly did well in the derby last season.

Fair enough but RN saw fit to put him on the bench.

I’d hope Ginnelly would’ve had enough professional pride to contribute. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Who knows. By that point we had already lost all shape and control. 

We can only hope there are a couple of attacking options being lined up that would be able to provide the quality when players like Boyce and Shankland run out of gas/fail to take their chances. 

Boyce hasn’t got any gas to start with, apart from one cross to Atkinson I’m struggling to think of what he did in the game. He and Shankland aren’t quick and I don’t think they linked well at all. A bit similar really. 
We need to work on crossing and finishing, have done for years and didn’t win a header from a corner the whole game. 
I think we have the right pieces but they need to be assembled properly and coached better. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Your sole objective is to wind folk up and get a reaction.