***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Thought we were good in spells but lacked composure at times. Badly missing Beni and Kingsley, particularly the latter.

Neilson’s subs have been poor in both league games this season. I do think we lack squad depth though and hopefully we can sign some more attacking players.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

I would have been over the moon if we were down 1-0 and scored an equaliser in the dying minutes but would never ever see it or celebrate it as a win. 

7 hours ago, Americana said:

Cant really claim a massive overeaction to a draw , was similar scenes when Ozturk pulled it off at ER.

Was ridiculous tactics to sit back for that amount of time and invite Hibs in. Everytime Gordon caught a chance he refused to throw out and initiate a counter attack which was just as frustrating. Holding on to a one goal cushion for 20 minutes instead of putting the game to bed and paying the price for it, seems all too familiar with Neilson, he really needs to commit to attacking side and not bottle it prematurely. 

I like the look of Shankland , loved the Cammy Devlin style of getting in everyones faces at the weekend and even though he did knock a ball out of the box at one point , I think our out and out number 9 should never be that far back that early in the game, especially considering how much Gordon loves a long ball.

Its only game two but losing points like that is what causes the OF to start opening up the gap.

Really? How many of our supporters ran around on the pitch?

LochcarronJambo
11 hours ago, Norm said:

Hibs should be hammered for the object throwing. Without the added on time for the verminous behaviour of their spoon burning fans, they're not scoring that goal. 

This is spot on…..very disappointed we didnt win the match against a poor Hibs team, but that additional minute or so because of their fans disgraceful behaviour has cost us ! 

Having said that we had plenty chances to finish them off

ArcticJambo
21 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually think he wanted to switch to 3-4-3 irrespective of whether the vermin changed or not and I think that was due to Smith having a hamstring problem because Atkinson is far more effective as a wing-back than a full-back. Plus pushing Cochrane further forward removed Cadden from having any influence on the game. As for Boyle, he obviously scored but he offered bugger all up to that point. Haring continually robbed him when he tried to play in front of our back 3 and any time to tried to come in from the wing a combo of Cochrane and Rowles made sure he did nothing.

90% of this thread would have disappeared had the defence done their jobs in the last minute.

lol, except for the most crucial moment late in the game. At least Haring blocked off one of their players, and Rowles tried to engage Jouan.  Cochrane just watched his man run by him and jogged back.  Really not understanding how he, as the main left sided defensive player is not getting it right in the neck. That's his man, whether he's playing in a back four or a back five.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

lol, except for the most crucial moment late in the game. At least Haring blocked off one of their players, and Rowles tried to engage Jouan.  Cochrane just watched his man run by him and jogged back.  Really not understanding how he, as the main left sided defensive player is not getting it right in the neck. That's his man, whether he's playing in a back four or a back five.

It's a derby and times like that hang on a knife edge. Haring should have been further back covering, NBD, it happens. Cochrane should have stuck tighter to Jouan, yeah, tired legs, he'd run up and down the pitch all game. Halkett shouldn't have committed so early, he's not perfect. Rowles went out to cover Jouan but probably should have yelled about tracking the runner. Oh well. Sibbick rotated back to help and got in position, but froze at the last minute rather than be decisive. Understandable, it's a tense moment.

And with all that, many attackers miss the shot. But Boyle is a pretty good finisher, so he hit it well and Gordon had no chance. That's football.

We can talk about that play all day, but in addition to the missed chances we had, Bushiri missed a free header at the post earlier. He puts that in and it's a completely different game. The one in the last 30 seconds hurts the most because we were so close, but it's far from the only reason we dropped two points.

12 hours ago, graygo said:

Really? How many of our supporters ran around on the pitch?

How many of theres did ? was hardly a mass movement , more like a a few daftys.

26 minutes ago, Americana said:

How many of theres did ? was hardly a mass movement , more like a a few daftys.

Not similar scenes at all then. None of our fans ran on to the pitch.

Салатные палочки
55 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Who was the arsehole sharing a video from the Hearts end when they scored? Why the **** would you do that? 

To be fair, I love it when it's the other way round. 

Robbie shitting the bed yet again. 

If he was a boxer he would be very well prepared, a great puncher when he uses it, talks a great game but when it comes to the crunch he would just hide behind his guard and hope to sneak it on points.

What a total walloper.

Get swinging Robbie and use the strength we have in our squad, we should fear no-one, but feck me you make us look terrified at times.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Robbie arranged that plane for his own sexual gratification 'NO STYLE - NO BOTTLE' .............. that still seems to peak out at times doesn't it?

Edited by Armageddon

3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Who was the arsehole sharing a video from the Hearts end when they scored? Why the **** would you do that? 

Think he vlogs

August Landmesser
53 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If he was a boxer he would be very well prepared, a great puncher when he uses it, talks a great game but when it comes to the crunch he would just hide behind his guard and hope to sneak it on points.

What a total walloper.

Get swinging Robbie and use the strength we have in our squad, we should fear no-one, but feck me you make us look terrified at times.

I'm actually starting to wonder if Robbie arranged that plane for his own sexual gratification 'NO STYLE - NO BOTTLE' .............. that still seems to peak out at times doesn't it?

:cornette:

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

:rofl:folk really not taking it well. The negative substitutes were baffling though.

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

:rofl:folk really not taking it well. The negative substitutes were baffling though.

I can see the logic in bringing on two out of Natty, Halliday and Sibbick but all three was too much - Gino or Henderson in the last few minutes would've been a useful outball.

Ah well, it's done now, back on track on Sunday hopefully

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

What a total walloper.

You started off pretty badly only to get worse then just plane away with it

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

8 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Haha unbelievable how identical that game played out v the Hampden Semi Final.

The joke was made that Robbie get's the total horn at 1-0 up v Hibs so he can try feck it up slowly and painfully, how true.

August Landmesser
Just now, Armageddon said:

The joke was made that Robbie get's the total horn at 1-0 up v Hibs so he can try feck it up slowly and painfully, how true.

yep, that last-minute Hibs equaliser at Hampden still stings.

I'll just have to drop another of these I'm afraid;

29 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I can see the logic in bringing on two out of Natty, Halliday and Sibbick but all three was too much - Gino or Henderson in the last few minutes would've been a useful outball.

Ah well, it's done now, back on track on Sunday hopefully

Agreed. We’ll hopefully learn from this and try to tuck teams away when we’re on top

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Agreed. We’ll hopefully learn from this and try to tuck teams away when we’re on top

Yep. Those missed chances just after HT will annoy me for a while to come I think - I keep remembering them at odd times and letting out a little moan :facepalm:

Malinga the Swinga
29 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Jeez, I thought we had won all games at Hampden against Hibs. Must have missed the one where they equalised and went onto win.

Only joke on here is your post.

ArcticJambo
16 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

It's a derby and times like that hang on a knife edge. Haring should have been further back covering, NBD, it happens. Cochrane should have stuck tighter to Jouan, yeah, tired legs, he'd run up and down the pitch all game. Halkett shouldn't have committed so early, he's not perfect. Rowles went out to cover Jouan but probably should have yelled about tracking the runner. Oh well. Sibbick rotated back to help and got in position, but froze at the last minute rather than be decisive. Understandable, it's a tense moment.

And with all that, many attackers miss the shot. But Boyle is a pretty good finisher, so he hit it well and Gordon had no chance. That's football.

We can talk about that play all day, but in addition to the missed chances we had, Bushiri missed a free header at the post earlier. He puts that in and it's a completely different game. The one in the last 30 seconds hurts the most because we were so close, but it's far from the only reason we dropped two points.

Aye probably should have done better but credit to Shankland does enough there to put him off.

Watt-Zeefuik
40 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye probably should have done better but credit to Shankland does enough there to put him off.

Ah, missed that at the time. Cheers.

6 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

yep, that last-minute Hibs equaliser at Hampden still stings.

I'll just have to drop another of these I'm afraid;

Our performance vs 10 men in that 2nd half was poor. Thank god we had Gordon in goals or it would have gone to extra time. We won but to pretend it isn’t part of a pattern of not killing teams off is wrong IMO. While most weeks we’ll probably get away with it, there will be occasions we don’t and Sunday was one of them.

Ugh, Robbie let that one slip away. I totally disagree with trying to hold on to a one goal lead with that much time left in the game, it's a disaster waiting to happen, particularly with Boyle on the pitch. He was their only threat and in previous seasons every team knew this and doubled up on him. You nullify Boyle, and they will create and score very few goals. Disappointing. 

15 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think that Youan was pretty decent also tbf. 

I'd agree with that, he did well in creating the chance, getting past Halkett. 

Naisys Tackle
22 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not 100% sure if that's savage in hospitality at 30 seconds. 

Seems to be ignored but definitely looks to be.

Why you watching that crap though? 

Naisys Tackle
30 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I think that Youan was pretty decent also tbf. 

He was utter pony.  Would you be happy him up top for us?  Guy couldnt control a football man. 

Arthur Morgan
46 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He was utter pony.  Would you be happy him up top for us?  Guy couldnt control a football man. 

Apart from his header that Gordon had to save, another shot on target that Gordon put behind for a corner, his assist for the goal. Probably not good enough for us but looks half decent imo. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

On 08/08/2022 at 06:46, Americana said:

Cant really claim a massive overeaction to a draw , was similar scenes when Ozturk pulled it off at ER.

Biggest difference imo is that was a last minute shorthanded ( i think) goal to steal a point AWAY from home. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Apart from his header that Gordon had to save, another shot on target that Gordon put behind for a corner, his assist for the goal. Probably not good enough for us but looks half decent imo. 

Shanks scores both them and he flukes the set up.  Im not even being biased man.  Watched that guy up front in comparison with Occonnor or Fletcher even that Aussie played for them that was good and he looked utter gash.  Suppose they have Nisbet back too but all indications are he hates it there.   Rainbow guy didnt look a footballer at all. 

57 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Seems to be ignored but definitely looks to be.

Why you watching that crap though? 

Gives people an insight of what actually goes on in matchdays etc, as it says on the title of video all access. 

Don't mind it to be honest. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gives people an insight of what actually goes on in matchdays etc, as it says on the title of video all access. 

Don't mind it to be honest. 

Fair play.

Is it Joe though?  Really looks like him tbh.   Hate the thought of us being cosy again with they *****. 

Gordon looks to have spent a good few € on they suites too.  Massive waste of money when you have rank on the park.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

19 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Biggest difference imo is that was a last minute shorthanded ( i think) goal to steal a point AWAY from home. 

It’s been cast up a bit from my Hibs supporting mates and I do think that’s the long and short of it. 

not to mention they’re simultaneously trying to compare a stolen away point (Hibs should have had us well beat that day) with a game they’re also claiming they had control of for large spells. 

Leave them to it. No wins in the 2020s, no derby wins in 7. Longer since they won one at Easter Road. I guess a draw must feel cracking. Choose Hibs. 

Arthur Morgan
41 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Shanks scores both them and he flukes the set up.  Im not even being biased man.  Watched that guy up front in comparison with Occonnor or Fletcher even that Aussie played for them that was good and he looked utter gash.  Suppose they have Nisbet back too but all indications are he hates it there.   Rainbow guy didnt look a footballer at all. 

I'm not saying he's great or as good as those players you mentioned, but I would say he looks like one of their better players but that's not really saying much. They are shite and we gifted them a point tbh. 

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I'm not saying he's great or as good as those players you mentioned, but I would say he looks like one of their better players but that's not really saying much. They are shite and we gifted them a point tbh. 

True mate.  Shanly.  We lost 2 points which is worse. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

manaliveits105

seen Boyle interview saying he was sitting eating macaroni and chips on Saturday night when he got a call to say he could play - something is definitely not right about this and journalists need to get the full story about how it could happen on a Saturday night 

Edited by manaliveits105

36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

seen Boyle interview saying he was sitting eating macaroni and chips on Saturday night when he got a call to say he could play - something is definitely not right about this and journalists need to get the full story about how it could happen on a Saturday night 

Very simple, had to be Rod Petrie either calling in a favour or doing something himself... definitely something not right eh !

On 07/08/2022 at 15:15, brunoatemyhamster said:

I reckon with that squad we've got, and that mindset, then we'd be good enough to blow the rest of the league away. 

I dont think we can win the league,but scoosh third every year? 

Should be easily doable. 

Won't happen when we set out to defend 1 0 leads in games we are dominating though. And it's not a first either. 

It's a mentality thing. Rangers and celtic NEVER let you play your game. Youre to busy dealing with theirs. 

That's the difference between wee teams like us and big teams like them. 

If we played like that today, would we have won that game? 

I think you are overestimating the mentality side of your argument, yes of course having a better mentality is key & I agree Neilson  got it slight wrong on Sunday (players have to take some blame as well for a lapse in on concentration) but to say that’s the only reason rangers & Celtic can play their game & not worry about the opponents game is just not true, Gio & Ange can set their team up & way they want & they will most likely impose their style cause they have multi million pound players at their dispose it’s as simple as that! As for finish 3rd every year it’s over course doable but it won’t be easy as proven by the fact no one has consistently done it, Aberdeen are probably the closest & a lot of 2nd 3rd place finishes were because of the rangers sh*tshow 

Bungalow Bill
9 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fair play.

Is it Joe though?  Really looks like him tbh.   Hate the thought of us being cosy again with they *****. 

Gordon looks to have spent a good few € on they suites too.  Massive waste of money when you have rank on the park.

My missus was in one of the suites, she does a lot of corporate. She was pretty impressed with the offering, although she said the layout could have been better. All the guests got a box with a Hibs scarf, radio and something else in it. She gave it away. 

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Bungalow Bill said:

My missus was in one of the suites, she does a lot of corporate. She was pretty impressed with the offering, although she said the layout could have been better. All the guests got a box with a Hibs scarf, radio and something else in it. She gave it away. 

They are giving away trannies? 

Edited by manaliveits105