***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

RudiSkacel51

I like how McKay has went from MOTM to the worst thing since Hitler in the space of 2 minutes with alot of people. We shouldn't have changed to what was essentially 5 at the back then subbing off Boyce for Halliday, if you're taking Boyce off bring Ginnelly on. I like Robbie but he got it wrong in that second half.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

Do big teams like celtic and rangers invite you to play your game at any point, or are you constantly having to deal with their game for the full 90 mins?

Thats the difference. 

Stinking tactics again. 

One nil is never enough. 

Two or three to play those tactics. 

He learns fxxk all

Yes spot on. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

A team full of defenders that can't defend. The last five minutes were a joke.

Three points thrown away.

Yep, the last 5 minutes was Keystone Cops stuff.  Before that, in the 2nd half anyway, they never looked like scoring.  

Just now, indianajones said:

Have a word. 4/6 points. Very frustratingly not 6/6. We will look decent and will only improve. 

They were massively outclassed most the game. Barely laid a glove other than one header and a few decent crosses. 

Hearts were very, very wasteful and it felt like we stopped trying about the 50th minute. We are miles better than Hibernian.

happy clappy 1 point 

He clearly changed to a back 3 when Doige came on as they then had two strikers on. It's not difficult to understand.

Central Belt 1874

One step forward, two steps back with Robbie Neilson.

Clear as day this squad is not good enough at present for whats coming this season.

Very disappointed that we didn't take 2 or 3 of the chances we created. Should have been a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win.

No attacking quality on the bench. 

Should have pumped them, but sometimes shite happens . We'll be long gone in the league before we play them at oor Hoose.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Putting Sibbick on! Why????

I have no idea. I thought he was coming on for Grant or Haring initially. 

I think the change in shape was to better manage Boyle. You do that and then still concede and you get egg on your face. 

Sibbick isn't good enough. We need another right sided centre back. If Robbie is going to play a back 3, he cannot do with with Sibbick. 

I'm honestly so raging. That should have been 3 points in the bag. ****sake.  

Just now, briever said:

He's getting the blame for tactically destroying any forward impetus we had.  Sitting back against that shower of long ball hammer throwers, fecking disgrace.

Our front players were absolutely burst.

Boyce could barely walk by the time he came off.

It's why we are still trying to sign another striker.

We are short up front.

Easy to say his subs were negative but our bench doesn't lend itself to maintaining a strong forward line.

None of the subs we made are an excuse to blame Robbie for us losing a goal in the 95th minute. If we are using a back 8. That door should be welded shut! 

The players concentration dropped and they were punished for it. 

They didn't finish the game off earlier when we had numerous chances and we were punished for it.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Injuries and some players can't play the original formation. Sibbick needs sold or given away for nothing.

Who in the back four was injured?

kingantti1874
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

We never changed to a back five? We weren't so deep and negative late on? 

Here we go. 😂

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

Terrible decision to stop playing and defend with 20 mins still to go. We were well on top and our changes let them back in to it

Yes I'm not the only one that seen it. 

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Do big teams like celtic and rangers invite you to play your game at any point, or are you constantly having to deal with their game for the full 90 mins?

Thats the difference. 

Stinking tactics again. 

One nil is never enough. 

He learns fxxk all

This

John Findlay
1 minute ago, flem said:

Neilson cost is the game by changing to a back 5. Almost got away with it but changing to a defensive system to try and hold onto a 1-0 lead is never a good idea. 

No he didn't, Mackay, Shankland, and Atkinson not taking chances cost us the game. I will repeat ad nauseum, we score that second and they were gone.

The manager is not allowed to stick it in the net. The players on the park are.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

He's only getting stick because we were playing well and another goal or two for us looked on the cards then for no apparent reason he decided one was enough and threw on all the defensive players and sat back.

Top marks if it had worked, it didn't. We move on to the next one though 👍

I can understand sitting back & just trying to see it out, 30 seconds away from a win but Sibbick & Halliday who he subbed on massively at fault.

We should have been out of sight by the hour mark. Only second game of the season. Lot's to look forward to this season. Let's not get too negative......

Grant Sibbick Forrest all honking , tell you now that what’s called recruiting numbers to build a squad not building quality in squad 

Rocky jamboa
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

bascially. Been hiding for a year but they will be out in force till they are not. 

we absolutely need some real pace up front

Just like the Robbie lovers. Can't see him do anything wrong.

Hard one to take. Feels like a defeat for sure but we need to learn to take our chances. We should have been 3 or 4 up before the last half hour and their fans jumping on to the pitch to celebrate a 1-1 draw shows how far ahead we are.

Time to regroup.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Thats the difference. 

Stinking tactics again. 

One nil is never enough. 

He learns fxxk all

I agree with this. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Here we go. 😂

Tell me I'm wrong mate, Hibs never looked like scoring when we played a back four, a Gordon save and the effort by kenneh, we didn't have control of possession, but Hibs were creating nothing why did we change? 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Even the final sub was bizarre. Boyce had to come off but why not stick on Ginelly for the last few minutes, just for an out ball or at least to make their defenders hesitant about pouring forward. We had enough back there, Halliday wasn't giving us any more than we already had. 

AlphonseCapone

More than one thing can be true. We should have had that game killed off long before that. But Neilson encouraged us to drop deeper and deeper with his changes and ultimately you're playing with fire. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

We should have been out of sight by the hour mark. Only second game of the season. Lot's to look forward to this season. Let's not get too negative......

Good luck with this one 🤣

Jambo 4 Ever

Can’t say I’m too surprised with the draw - it’s what me and many others said before it 

we didn’t get tested properly in any pre season games and we got excited about scoring lots against part time teams - not good enough. 

must sign another striker soon

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

No he didn't, Mackay, Shankland, and Atkinson not taking chances cost us the game. I will repeat ad nauseum, we score that second and they were gone.

The manager is not allowed to stick it in the net. The players on the park are.

The manager tried to see the game out and failed. 

2 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Terrible decision to stop playing and defend with 20 mins still to go. We were well on top and our changes let them back in to it

People blaming Sibbick, he never brought the subs on that sat back and gave the filth the majority of the pitch to control in the last 20.

What the hell was that all about, they were offering nothing against us.

If the strikers were "burst" after running around for 80 minutes (with a 15minute break) then we really need to be looking into the fitness team and coaching staff. It's the 2nd game and adrenaline alone would take over.

LogicalEric

Criminal goal to lose at that time, throw in their half. It looked like we were the ones chasing a goal. Pathetic defending , similar to last week we look so vulnerable down the sides.

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And Neilson of any MK at Hearts still not won at Easter Road. 

:rofl:

Okay, we'll forget about the two semi wins will we. 

Ffs a combination of bad finishing up front, luck on Hibs part and poor defending at the end cost us that game. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

One step forward, two steps back with Robbie Neilson.

Clear as day this squad is not good enough at present for whats coming this season.

Very disappointed that we didn't take 2 or 3 of the chances we created. Should have been a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win.

No attacking quality on the bench. 

We don't know though.  He didn't bring any attackers on.

Worthing Jambo
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Unfortunately they don't.

They reside here.

Are you oot celebrating the 1-1 draw?🤭😂

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Just like the Robbie lovers. Can't see him do anything wrong.

I’ll call the good and the bad, what I won’t do is hide like a ****ing snake - ignore his achiements then rear my ****ing head claiming I was right all along at the first sign of a bad result.

some of our support are rotten bitter pricks 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

More than one thing can be true. We should have had that game killed off long before that. But Neilson encouraged us to drop deeper and deeper with his changes and ultimately you're playing with fire. 

****ing yes we should of scored more that is correct, but we were never in trouble until he changed it and dropped the defence deeper why? 

9 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Was that a back 8 at the end! Get a grip it’s obvious he shuts the bed time and time again and invites them on

Exactly, what's the logic in playing so defensively when we were all over them? Honestly baffling and it's cost us 2 points. Piss take

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can’t say I’m too surprised with the draw - it’s what me and many others said before it 

we didn’t get tested properly in any pre season games and we got excited about scoring lots against part time teams - not good enough. 

must sign another striker soon

We lack decent pace up front 

Just now, boag1874 said:

I can understand sitting back & just trying to see it out, 30 seconds away from a win but Sibbick & Halliday who he subbed on massively at fault.

I can understand it if we were struggling but we weren't, he'd got it spot on imo. We were dominant at the start of the second half. I'm all for seeing games out though, but it's a big gamble, especially away from home in a derby imo. 

You win some you, draw some. I think he got it very right and then the gamble didn't pay off. It happens.

RustyRightPeg

Why is Sibbick getting blamed for the goal? 

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to chest the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

Edited by RustyRightPeg

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Our front players were absolutely burst.

Boyce could barely walk by the time he came off.

It's why we are still trying to sign another striker.

We are short up front.

Easy to say his subs were negative but our bench doesn't lend itself to maintaining a strong forward line.

None of the subs we made are an excuse to blame Robbie for us losing a goal in the 95th minute. If we are using a back 8. That door should be welded shut! 

The players concentration dropped and they were punished for it. 

They didn't finish the game off earlier when we had numerous chances and we were punished for it.

Agree with this. Players take at least 90% of the blame for that, ****ing shite goal to lose, the defenders do their job there & nobody is even mentioning the tactics, but Sibbick & Halliday in particular made it far too easy for their only threat to score

1 minute ago, Australis said:

People blaming Sibbick, he never brought the subs on that sat back and gave the filth the majority of the pitch to control in the last 20.

What the hell was that all about, they were offering nothing against us.

Yes you see it, I'm starting to think I'm on a different planet I'm glad people are seeing it. 

6 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Halliday should just foul him as soon as he tries to turn & Sibbick was just terrible on the front post. Only ourselves to blame for that, totally outplayed them but missed so many chances & then switched off 30 seconds from the end. 

Positives, still unbeaten in the derby since 2019, draw better than a defeat & we did look good up until the added time

Halliday would have done if it was his beloved rangers

2 minutes ago, fila said:

Grant Sibbick Forrest all honking , tell you now that what’s called recruiting numbers to build a squad not building quality in squad 

Grant and Forrest were passengers throughout and Grant hit a lot of duff corners. Disappointing as I thought he looked good last week.

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Thats the difference.

This.  

Play to OUR stengths if it's working, and it clearly was upto the changes.  Giving up space and inviting the opposition into you for a third of the game from a dominant position is bonkers.