***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Good post. 

Surely not in the introduction of Devlin? The other two aye but Devlin’s game is closing down and not letting midfields build play. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes but neither were Neilson tactical masterclasses. 

I'm obviously delighted we won them but it doesn't make him a genius. 

Oh, christ, lets forget the coach when we win and not when we lose. Aye that's fair. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye mate.  Smith is done, imo. Squad player but I’ve never been a big fan anyway, tbh.  

That aside, I think that suddenly the right side of defence has become a problem area for us.  

Hibs targeted Smith and the space between him and Halkett. Cochrane was very solid on the other side. 

Smith is very short of pace. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We were absolutely coasting that game with 4 at the back, why change it? It was madness when we were so comfortable, we needed fresh legs up top for more of an out ball, but we need to start taking some of those many missed chances, we should’ve been out of sight half way through the second half! Gordon was only troubled once in the first half, and once at the end of the second half, they offered nothing until we gave them it, it’s so frustrating! 

Exactly, managers happy though so it must be all right. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

He is a condescending so and so 

Why he is allowed on here is staggering , welt of the finest order 

7 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Changed it cause Smith was ****ed. The subs worked. If Boyle doesn’t score nobody says a word and it’s masterclass of seeing out a game. It’s football. You just don’t like Robbie.

Wow the subs worked? and you say I have never played football, come back when you have played for this club mate 👍

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your sole objective is to wind folk up and get a reaction.

Nonsense I want the best for Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He had 3 pre seasons a whole new team, and been properly backed 🤔

Shhh!!! 😜

Same issues at his next club? What was the story there? Not enough backing?

Robbie has the makings of a decent manager.

But sometimes he is so naive.

He nearly got that spot on today, then made changes that made us worse.

Hope he has the jack straws to admit it.

That is one of the worst Hibs teams and line ups I have ever seen.

But we managed to cause our own downfall, sometimes think he tries to be too clever.

Diadora Van Basten

I just don’t understand why we decided to give Hibs the ball and not press them in the last ten minutes.

We let them get into our half get their head up and pick a pass.

One time in particular the ball goes back to Marshall he has a player open to the left if he passes it Devlin could close him down so he could only pass it back to Marshall. Instead Devlin runs the other way and parks himself in front of the central defender.

Marshall passes to the guy on the left who is given time and space to wander into our half and pick a pass.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

If my auntie had baws she would be my uncle? I hate Robbie but I backed him over the player's last week 🤔 okay mate time to step away from Jkb. 

Mate, he got his subs wrong but it’s 30 seconds from the end of the game if the players do their jobs we win, your hatred of the manager (your words) has caused you to massively overreact to everything he does. Yes you backed him last week but you really need to cool it with the desperation to have a pop at him. He got one wrong today but those players who’s job it is to defend a lead for 30 ****ing seconds let him & our support down big time.

Even the BBC report knows it:

When Hearts fans look for something or someone to blame, they might bemoan their manager's substitutions - somewhat defensive when only one goal ahead.

colinmorewasgash

They were pish but even diddy teams at 0 1  go for it  near end and you just know that bob will change it half way through a game to hang on its in his dna which is why his mantra is same as his mentor draw away is good result win yr home games to be fair if you sit back and give opposition ball theres always a chance they will equalise we sat back at hampden v 10 men and thanks to gordon 

save got through that time but teams know in close games neilson will do that go defensive when in front. Didnt deserve anything but with diving chipmunk u know theres a chance for them shd hve booted him in air. Still they like celebrating draws so there u go better than loss for us in end but they were there for taken and at easter road he has blown it again changing system. FTH  least we didn't lose it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, fila said:

Why he is allowed on here is staggering , welt of the finest order 

The ignore function is your friend

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Same issues at his next club? What was the story there? Not enough backing?

Same as Robbies with mk dons 😉

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson should be pulled in front of the board and be told the grow a pair. Every time he bottles it with his negative and backward thinking.

Don't disagree the substitutes were wrong but if we take our chances it's not an issue and to lose a goal like that last kick of the game is school boy stuff

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He had 3 pre seasons a whole new team, and been properly backed 🤔

Shhh!!! 😜

Chill man, he’s got another 3 years to figure it out. Plenty of time 

🙄

11 minutes ago, oritem8 said:

We are gonna get railed in the europa league. I cannot wait. 

Did you enjoy celebrating your point like you’ve won the league? 😂

Just now, boag1874 said:

Mate, he got his subs wrong but it’s 30 seconds from the end of the game if the players do their jobs we win, your hatred of the manager (your words) has caused you to massively overreact to everything he does. Yes you backed him last week but you really need to cool it with the desperation to have a pop at him. He got one wrong today but those players who’s job it is to defend a lead for 30 ****ing seconds let him & our support down big time.

He changed the formation. 

Can't you see that? 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Surely not in the introduction of Devlin? The other two aye but Devlin’s game is closing down and not letting midfields build play. 

Don’t misread me bud.  I just think the whole shake up didn’t work.  

It never sits right with me.  I was happy to see Devlin on because as you say, he works hard and his niche was a disruption. But we needed to keep a positive shape and instead of Atkinson and Sibbick, he could’ve put Ginnelly on to maintain a threat with pace and running in behind. 

Well done Robbie. Doing the same thing over and over again which too often has cost us dearly. Carving them open repeatedly 2nd half until the changes, and then it was one way traffic towards our goal. No point getting too upset about it as we’ll see it again plenty times.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The worst thing is that spell at the start of the second half. If we had scored just one of the three chances we had the sub discussion would be moot.

Yes no need to change defence. The sub we were crying out for was Ginelly for Shankland. They would have been more hesitant to push forward. Same mistake he made in the SC game in 2016 when leaving Sow benched.

9 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Think our game management today shows the difference between us and Old Firm. O F would never have tried to negate a woeful Hibs, would have kept pressing their superiority. RN needed to keep believing. Still a bit short in quality of squad. 

It was utterly bizarre when you’ve got Henderson and Ginelly sitting on the bench and we’re well on top to make 3 defensive substitutions and a shape change because ONE man came on for them.

Neilson shat himself. He’s done this time and time again. He’s a very average manager given charge of a very good squad being improved year on year and there is a ceiling on what can be achieved if we truly believe he is the best we can get. Joe Savage surely cannot possibly be of the opinion that we can win the league with this utter shitebag. It’s laughable and I’m dreading how much embarrassment is heading our way in Europe with this idiot in charge.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The ignore function is your friend

Indeed Geoff, but would rather he was banished forever 

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Dominated for 90 minutes. Better players playing sharper football all over the park. Then in 5 minutes of injury time we change and Hibs could well have scored before they got the last minute  equaliser which you could see coming.  

And Robbie's regular yellow card is beginning to piss me off. What signal is that giving the players? If your not winning or not winning by a bigger margin, it is down to the officials?. It wasn't today and it rarely is.

This is starting to annoy me too. He's more use in the dugout than the stand. Would like to see him maintain his composure better. 

Appreciate he cares a lot, but he needs to temper it a bit. No point getting sent off or fined. Not like the officials listen anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

The state of this post. 

You agree with me we need more and better signings but I've to get a grip?

Maybe lay off the drink. 

Fair play.... I'm knocking back a few, but no need to hit the panic button. On another day we would have scored more. We do need another option up front. Credit to Hibs, they have spent some money & brought Boyle back with immediate effect. Where is our marquee signing?? 

I'm gutted we drew, feels like a defeat but pleased with the performances of our new signings. The squad is good, just one or two more additions needed. Truly feel we are in a great place. Looking forward to the season! 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The worst thing is that spell at the start of the second half. If we had scored just one of the three chances we had the sub discussion would be moot.

Nope it was all Robbies fault for not scoring them 

Edited by GBJambo

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He changed the formation. 

Can't you see that? 

Yes, he got it wrong as I said but again, 30 seconds to go, just ****ing see the game out or take one of those early chances & it’s a great performance away from home in a massive game.

Can’t you see that?

Jambo in Bathgate
37 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Hibs fans pitch invasion was embarrassing 

Last minute equaliser and they have won the league 😂

Also with the coins and lighters as well as the pitch invasion they will get hammered 

Will they though? 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Don’t misread me bud.  I just think the whole shake up didn’t work.  

It never sits right with me.  I was happy to see Devlin on because as you say, he works hard and his niche was a disruption. But we needed to keep a positive shape and instead of Atkinson and Sibbick, he could’ve put Ginnelly on to maintain a threat with pace and running in behind. 

I don’t disagree. Devlin coming on was the only sub I was happy to see. Maybe he’s just mindful we have a busy schedule ahead and doesn’t want to risk injury to key players but it’s a tricky balance and for the second week running the subs weren’t good. 

LogicalEric

Good to see Atkinson managing to have a good laugh and joke with Boyle at the end. Really captured the Derby spirit. 

36 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

In what way does Robbie have influence over individual errors like poor finishing or last ditch saves and tackles? 

Absolute desperation to blame Neilson for the result. 

I'm not. Not entirely anyway.

I'm just stating the two areas you have highlighted we were poor in literally covers the entirety of football. Meaning across the whole team we were poor.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Same issues? What were they?

Well you could argue he got Barnsley promoted in a league that's better than the Scottish championship. 

How did Robbie do with a full season in league 1?

Please don't take this of topic if you want to talk about it happy to pm u? 

When it works its called game management but when it does not it becomes negative. They got a boost at the amount of stoppage time and threw everything at us and got lucky. It's hard to take but that's football. 

Ainsley Harriott
38 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Hibs fans pitch invasion was embarrassing 

Last minute equaliser and they have won the league 😂

Also with the coins and lighters as well as the pitch invasion they will get hammered 

You kidding it's Hibs we are talking about. Celtics little bum boys, I'm sure the coins, lighters and pitch invasion will be put down as over excuberance 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

It was utterly bizarre when you’ve got Henderson and Ginelly sitting on the bench and we’re well on top to make 3 defensive substitutions and a shape change because ONE man came on for them.

Neilson shat himself. He’s done this time and time again. He’s a very average manager given charge of a very good squad being improved year on year and there is a ceiling on what can be achieved if we truly believe he is the best we can get. Joe Savage surely cannot possibly be of the opinion that we can win the league with this utter shitebag. It’s laughable and I’m dreading how much embarrassment is heading our way in Europe with this idiot in charge.

You can’t hold not being able to win a league we have virtually no chance of winning against the manager, give yourself a shake man, not one of our players barring Gordon gets into the OF teams & they also have good managers…

13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Changed it cause Smith was ****ed. The subs worked. If Boyle doesn’t score nobody says a word and it’s masterclass of seeing out a game. It’s football. You just don’t like Robbie.

Top quote. We were in control of the game and never looked like conceding, but one momentary lapse in concentration and they equalise. That's football I'm afraid. I would have taken a draw before the match so we dust ourselves down and go again and hopefully get rid of all this negativity.

indianajones
Just now, jimbojambo said:

When it works its called game management but when it does not it becomes negative. They got a boost at the amount of stoppage time and threw everything at us and got lucky. It's hard to take but that's football. 

In a nutshell. 

Folk saying give Ginnley or GMS a  run for ten mins surely have to admit there's a good chance they wouldn't have touched the ball and been next to useless for the 10 /15 mins, like they are more often than not

Jambo in Bathgate

Game management in the last two minutes of extra time let us down. Ball should have been up their end. Players  should have known to do that. 

Aussie Jambo

If it was me. 

Boyce off Henderson on

Smith off Devlin on

Grant off Ginnelly on. 

All out attack last 25 minutes. 

Majority of the players seriously let us down today. 

Ah well we never got beat. That’s the main thing. 

Gorgierools
19 minutes ago, briever said:

Hindsight has nothing to do with it - it was clear as the nose on your face.

You saying I've hot a big nose?  Outside now! Square goes 

Just now, jimbojambo said:

For me, you can't be that negative for that long. 

Last 10 mins, fine aye, whatever. 

But we're talking close to 30 minutes of essentially giving Hibs the ball.

Very disappointing. In extra time we should be holding onto the ball as long as possible. 

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Yes, he got it wrong as I said but again, 30 seconds to go, just ****ing see the game out or take one of those early chances & it’s a great performance away from home in a massive game.

Can’t you see that?

Do you think Hibs goal was deserved? and what do you think could of avoided it.