***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

:rofl:

Okay, we'll forget about the two semi wins will we. 

Ffs a combination of bad finishing up front, luck on Hibs part and poor defending at the end cost us that game. 

Were the semis at Easter Road?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Bungalow Bill

Shankland was dead at the end. Why are we not putting Gino on and just telling him to play on the last man. Makes no sense to me unless I’m missing something. 

buzzbomb1958
13 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Sibbick caught wandering

That boy should not be anywhere near our team he’s dugshit 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Our front players were absolutely burst.

Boyce could barely walk by the time he came off.

It's why we are still trying to sign another striker.

We are short up front.

Easy to say his subs were negative but our bench doesn't lend itself to maintaining a strong forward line.

None of the subs we made are an excuse to blame Robbie for us losing a goal in the 95th minute. If we are using a back 8. That door should be welded shut! 

The players concentration dropped and they were punished for it. 

They didn't finish the game off earlier when we had numerous chances and we were punished for it.

We needed some pace brought on up front. Even someone like ginelly. Could have caught them when pushing up 

We were far too deep but looked like we were trying to soak it up rather than press and get out. That's the issue I have with what happened at the end. Absolutely gutted 

No idea what we were thinking at that goal. They get the throw, 3 of their players sprint over. One of ours is there and he backs away into the box. Sleeping.

HartleyLegend3
8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Neilson will be made a scapegoat by a lot of the usual suspects but the reality is we should have been at least 3 up and out of sight by the 55th minute.

Hibs chased the game until the end and got their reward for it.

We didn't take our chances and got punished for it.

Hibs weren't in the game for 80 minutes  hibs are utter shite. We were the better team by far for 80 minutes.

We never got out of second gear..

On this thread many posters were pointing out that we were sitting to far back. When we changed to an even more negative formation even I could work our hibs would get more of the ball and more chances. 

I'm no mystic Meg but it was so obvious what was going to happen..

So if a daft **** like me could work that out? 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, the_jailer said:

We lack decent pace up front 

Yup 

and we lacking anything up front really

Boyle would have been a decent signing For us 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We changed to a back five 😂 we were so deep it was unreal, it's happened again. 

Yes not nowt to with Neilson! we just simply never took any of those other 4 chances simple as that !

Negatives….   Not ruthless enough in front of goal

positives…..    hibs are terrible and will be bottom six at best for them. Possible relegation.

kingantti1874
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

We needed some pace brought on up front. Even someone like ginelly. Could have caught them when pushing up 

We were far too deep but looked like we were trying to soak it up rather than press and get out. That's the issue I have with what happened at the end. Absolutely gutted 

that is very fair. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

bascially. Been hiding for a year but they will be out in force till they are not. 

we absolutely need some real pace up front

We do but we need to move it better on the counter. We should have buried Hibs today. 

3 minutes ago, briever said:

He's getting the blame for tactically destroying any forward impetus we had.  Sitting back against that shower of long ball hammer throwers, fecking disgrace.

We had umpteen chances to win the game on the counter. We should have been well out of sight.

6 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Do big teams like celtic and rangers invite you to play your game at any point, or are you constantly having to deal with their game for the full 90 mins?

Thats the difference. 

Stinking tactics again. 

One nil is never enough. 

Two or three to play those tactics. 

He learns fxxk all

Very good point. With all the talk of challenging for the league we need to be emulating the tactics of the two teams who win every year without fail. I'm not going to start posting Robbie out but what the feck was he playing at?

Sibbick is definitely our Rocky.

I know hes just a young guy but hes not offered anything positive since his return and just makes me constantly nervous.

Pleased with McKay, Cochrane, Shankland (albeit looked shattered at the end) , Gordon, Haring, Rowles

Halkett, Grant...meh.

Dont think we won a single attacking header at a corner.

Smith looked a bit more of his age today and struggled with the pace at full back.

Boyce was poor again today. Offered nowt.

1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Shankland was dead at the end. Why are we not putting Gino on and just telling him to play on the last man. Makes no sense to me unless I’m missing something. 

Boyce was fecked fir ages and still stayed on as well

kingantti1874
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yup 

and we lacking anything up front really

Boyle would have been a decent signing For us 

celebrating the draw today? 

We were fine with 4-2-3-1.

We looked as comfortable at 0-1 as it's possible to be.

Yes, we should have scored in the second half but Neilson's changes to formation brought late disarray that even shite like Hibs couldn't pass up.

Very disappointed. More so that we threw it away ourselves.

Fu**********!

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why is Sibbick getting blamed for the goal? 

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to cheat the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

I slated the player's last week but, we were never in trouble until the last 20 mins, now I know we don't always agree on things mate. 

But why did we drop deep and change formation. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to chest the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

I've not seen it again but was surprised he's getting the blame, I'm struggling to think how the rcb can be at fault for that but I'll need to see it again.

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Agree. However Neilson made the mistake of putting him on. Giving him the opportunity to feck it up.

When Sibbick's name was read out my mood changed, I think the it affected the players confidence and we started to play deeper to cover for Sibbick.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

This.  

Play to OUR stengths if it's working, and it clearly was upto the changes.  Giving up space and inviting the opposition into you for a third of the game from a dominant position is bonkers.

Yes!!!!!! 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

celebrating the draw today? 

Are you?

draw isn’t good enough when we went ahead 

Italian Lambretta

Neilson to yet again pulling the shutters down after 70 minutes. He has an awful record at Easter Road

Sat too deep for too long. As Hibs were pushing up they were there for the taking. A lesson learned I hope.

Салатные палочки
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Were the semis at Easter Road?

Who cares where they were? First it was "Neilson has a terrible record v. Hibs". Now it's "Neilson has never won at Easter Road". What happens after we beat them there? "Neilson has never won 5-1 at Easter Road"? 

Some people will just never like Robbie and that's fair enough but IMO it wasn't his fault we drew today. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
8 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Do big teams like celtic and rangers invite you to play your game at any point, or are you constantly having to deal with their game for the full 90 mins?

Thats the difference. 

Stinking tactics again. 

One nil is never enough. 

Two or three to play those tactics. 

He learns fxxk all

Good post. Savage talks like we're a big team and we all love it. That's not how big teams play when they're on goal up. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:rofl:

Okay, we'll forget about the two semi wins will we. 

Ffs a combination of bad finishing up front, luck on Hibs part and poor defending at the end cost us that game. 

Bad finishing and poor defending cost us it?

Isn't that the whole footballing department then? What else is there to the game? 

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

When Sibbick's name was read out my mood changed, I think that it affected the players confidence as well and we started to play deeper to cover for Sibbick.

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We changed to a back five 😂 we were so deep it was unreal, it's happened again. 

Atkinson almost scored ...

Abiola Dauda

I don't agree that the squad isn't good enough. Best squad since 2007/8 or arguably last season (because of Simms). Today's problems were purely from bringing on defenders and sitting back as we were on top before that. You can't invite pressure for 20 minutes regardless if how shite the opposition is. I like neilson and hopefully he's learnt an important lesson today. 

I don't think Sibbick is good enough in any position but he most certainly isn't a good enough centre back. We must give up on him as an option there. Probably a backup at DM/RB when we are playing minnows in cups but he's so meak and just can't play cb. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I slated the player's last week but, we were never in trouble until the last 20 mins, now I know we don't always agree on things mate. 

But why did we drop deep and change formation. 

I don’t know why we changed today (we can agree about the change today). 

They had done nothing to warrant or give us a scare into a back 5, and the exact area that County hurt us in that shape last week was where they scored from today. 

Confusing change if I’m honest. 

2 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Yes not nowt to with Neilson! we just simply never took any of those other 4 chances simple as that !

Gees peace!! 

Will absolutely pee pee myself if they don’t have the proper clearance for Boyle :rofl:

Edited by D4nny_

BervieJambo

Collective disaster defensively - Sibbick, Rowles & Atkinson all to blame. But the real criminality is the amount of times we gave away possession, especially in the last 10 minutes. If you are trying to see out the game, you don't just aimlessly punt it up the pitch & give the ball back to them time & again. Much work to be done.

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Who cares where they were? First it was "Neilson has a terrible record v. Hibs". Now it's "Neilson has never won at Easter Road". What happens after we beat them there? "Neilson has never won 5-1 at Easter Road"? 

Some people will just never like Robbie and that's fair enough but IMO it wasn't his fault we drew today. 

It was partly his fault. 

His unfailing reaction to being one up in the final quarter is to hold what we have 

RudiSkacel51
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Can we not call out Rowles for dropping off allowing their striker to chest the ball down, then Halkett getting burned allowing the guy to get the cross in first before we talk about Sibbick scrambling back to cover?

Because people on here are desperate to blame him for everything for some reason 

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

I like how McKay has went from MOTM to the worst thing since Hitler in the space of 2 minutes with alot of people. We shouldn't have changed to what was essentially 5 at the back then subbing off Boyce for Halliday, if you're taking Boyce off bring Ginnelly on. I like Robbie but he got it wrong in that second half.

Have to agree.  They wouldn't have had the freedom to keep pressing with Ginnelly's pace tp think about.  And the tactical change was over the top.  One or two substitutions but don't overdo the defensive set up.  

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And Neilson of any MK at Hearts still not won at Easter Road. 

Desperate desperate stuff. The folk jumping to blame Neilson really are embarrassing. Look at it objectively and you'll see the missed chances and poor defending ...

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We do but we need to move it better on the counter. We should have buried Hibs today. 

We had umpteen chances to win the game on the counter. We should have been well out of sight.

We had the chances right at the beginning of the 2nd half - then Atkinson's chance.  That was it - there was one moment that summed up the tactics for the last 20, Hobbos have committed practically their whole side to corner - it's over hit, Gordon gathers - they've got nobody back and he holds onto the ball because nobody bothered to make a run.  Our whole mindset in the closing stages was wrong - WTF were we clinging on?

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes you see it, I'm starting to think I'm on a different planet I'm glad people are seeing it. 

You don't half talk pish. If it was up to you, we would have Stendal and we'd be in league 1, playing press ball against amateurs.

Edited by ri Alban