Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

"Dame" Jackie Baillie? :rofl:

That fat b'stard's neck is about the same width as Cyril Smith's belly.

What was the fat b'stard honoured for?

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Did ye Jackie aye?

:cornette:

:Shanks:

IMG_2029.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

"Dame" Jackie Baillie? :rofl:

That fat b'stard's neck is about the same width as Cyril Smith's belly.

What was the fat b'stard honoured for?

🤣🤣🤣

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣

Compared wee Anus to a tunnocks tea cake an all🤣🤣🤣the best quote I’ve heard for years. 

How can’t people see how little we mean to them. Blows my mind. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Compared wee Anus to a tunnocks tea cake an all🤣🤣🤣the best quote I’ve heard for years. 

How can’t people see how little we mean to them. Blows my mind. 

They say independence supporters are a cult. Unionism and support for Westminster, regardless what they do, is more cultist. I'll never understand why anyone doesn't think a wealthy, intelligent nation like Scotland can't govern itself.

The irony is that a lot of folk on here would probably vote for the same party at the first Scottish election. All parties would put forward policies that are more relative to the interests of Scotland.  I believe there's commonality amongst us  and I think that would express itself once the shackles of the archaic Westminster are off. Having a go at independence is basically having a go at yourself!

i wish jj was my dad

Jackie Baillie's long-standing presence on the Labour front bench is a prime reason why they have been in opposition at Holyrood for 16 years. Awful politician. 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Jackie Baillie's long-standing presence on the Labour front bench is a prime reason why they have been in opposition at Holyrood for 16 years. Awful politician. 

Typical lying, Labour politician. It's hard to express how much I loathe the Labour Party. As an ex voter it's ridiculous what they've become. A nothing party.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Typical lying, Labour politician. It's hard to express how much I loathe the Labour Party. As an ex voter it's ridiculous what they've become. A nothing party.

They’re not a nothing they’re just not what they claim to be. 
The tories are pretty much the anti thesis for Scotland but labour always played up to the notion they were our friends and the tories were our enemy. 
Once they got found out during indyref they turned the guns on the snp and have been getting pegged left right and centre by the tories ever since. 
I’ll never vote for them again. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re not a nothing they’re just not what they claim to be. 
The tories are pretty much the anti thesis for Scotland but labour always played up to the notion they were our friends and the tories were our enemy. 
Once they got found out during indyref they turned the guns on the snp and have been getting pegged left right and centre by the tories ever since. 
I’ll never vote for them again. 

👍

In this context it looks as if Labour have just abandoned their historic position as a party of social justice, and daily provide reasons to contradict themselves, U-turning on their U-turning until they are spinning round and round in a sort of vortex of uselessness explaining ever-more reasonably why they can never do anything and why their previous positions were terrible and need denounced.

https://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2023/08/18/waiting-for-a-left-wing-government/

:gok:

il Duce McTarkin

Funny watching the seperatists rubbing their chubbies at every internet set-piece hatchet-job. Much the same as the Tories do, to be honest. 

Labour all over the place as usual. Funny if the Tories win. Interest rates will come down in time for election, inflation will shrink. The usual propaganda should start soon. Everything will be joyous and wonderful. Sunak a hero blah, blah, blah....

41 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Funny watching the seperatists rubbing their chubbies at every internet set-piece hatchet-job. Much the same as the Tories do, to be honest. 

They're  desperate for Labour to fail so they can carry on greeting about Tories and how hard done by they are. 

They're all moaning about Labour not being left wing enough as well despite none of them actually putting their hand up to say they voted for Corbyn. They don't give a monkeys about anything else except independence at all costs. 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

They're  desperate for Labour to fail so they can carry on greeting about Tories and how hard done by they are. 

They're all moaning about Labour not being left wing enough as well despite none of them actually putting their hand up to say they voted for Corbyn. They don't give a monkeys about anything else except independence at all costs. 

Independence supporters supporting Independence?

Well I never.

Labour will fail. Then the Tories will come back in and continue the asset stripping drive to English independence. 

It's what y'all keep voting for. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Independence supporters supporting Independence?

Well I never.

Labour will fail. Then the Tories will come back in and continue the asset stripping drive to English independence. 

It's what y'all keep voting for. 

That's fine but don't make out you're opposed to Labour for left wing/right wing reasons. 

Just put your hands up and say you're that wedded to indy you'll vote SNP regardless of where their policies fall on the political spectrum. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

That's fine but don't make out you're opposed to Labour for left wing/right wing reasons. 

Just put your hands up and say you're that wedded to indy you'll vote SNP regardless of where their policies fall on the political spectrum. 

I'm opposed to Labour as they're a defunct legacy party of a time long past. 

The fact their current leader is a policy vacuum charlatan is neither here nor there.

Plenty of mugs will fall for their red Tory shtick though.

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

The fact their current leader is a policy vacuum charlatan is neither here nor there.

Just like you vote for a party full of roasters that would've been happy with 0% corporation tax and other enjoyable tory wet dream policies for an indy Scotland. 

Is what it is. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They should be more relevant than ever, I'm opposed to them because they've been taken over by those keen to compromise instead of those willing to fight for workers.

This lot can't even bring themselves to support strikers ffs.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Just like you vote for a party full of roasters that would've been happy with 0% corporation tax and other enjoyable tory wet dream policies for an indy Scotland. 

Is what it is. 

There's a lot of bandwidth on the SNP across many other threads.

This one is all about Labour being shite. And they are. 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There's a lot of bandwidth on the SNP across many other threads.

This one is all about Labour being shite. And they are. 

Very fair I'm just saying that folk complaining that they aren't left-wing enough wouldn't vote for them even if they were. 

So quite honestly why should any of us give a flying what their view on Labour is. 

Also if you would like topics to remain on Labour perhaps tell your fellow travellers to stop bleating about indy across every thread as well. It's boring. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Very fair I'm just saying that folk complaining that they aren't left-wing enough wouldn't vote for them even if they were. 

So quite honestly why should any of us give a flying what their view on Labour is. 

Are they left wing or not? 

Nobody knows. Not even them. 

In fact I don't think there's anything Keith and the gang have actually stated they're for or against. 

It'll be interesting to see how shape shifting Keith manages this in the run up to a GE under the daily barage from the Tory MSM attack dogs. 

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Also if you would like topics to remain on Labour perhaps tell your fellow travellers to stop bleating about indy across every thread as well. It's boring. 

Probably best taking it up with them directly 👍

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Probably best taking it up with them directly 👍

I do. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Are they left wing or not? 

Nobody knows. Not even them. 

In fact I don't think there's anything Keith and the gang have actually stated they're for or against. 

It'll be interesting to see how shape shifting Keith manages this in the run up to a GE under the daily barage from the Tory MSM attack dogs. 

They're fairly centrist in my opinion at the moment. 

I bet you can't wait to see the Tory MSM attack dogs in full flow though. Will deliver 5 more years of grievances for you. Superb. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I do. 

They're fairly centrist in my opinion at the moment. 

I bet you can't wait to see the Tory MSM attack dogs in full flow though. Will deliver 5 more years of grievances for you. Superb. 

I've no idea how you're able to deduce where Keith's Labour party stand on the political spectrum. They're certainly not the party of their founders, that's for damn sure. 

The grievance thing. Boring and highlights the paucity of what Labour will actually offer the people of Scotland. 

58 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

If Corbyn had remained then I could have been persuaded to vote for them in a UK election. I agreed with most things he stood for. Now we have a labour party who seem to stand for whatever the tory party do.

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've no idea how you're able to deduce where Keith's Labour party stand on the political spectrum. They're certainly not the party of their founders, that's for damn sure. 

The grievance thing. Boring and highlights the paucity of what Labour will actually offer the people of Scotland. 

Do parties have to forever stay frozen at the time of their inception? 

The world has changed. 1970s left wing politics isn't winning anymore than 1920s did. 

It's true though. If it weren't plenty of you would've voted for real change Corbyn. Labour could offer anything but until they change tact on independence then all your other criticisms are irrelevant to me because that's the only thing that will sway you. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

If Corbyn had remained then I could have been persuaded to vote for them in a UK election. I agreed with most things he stood for. Now we have a labour party who seem to stand for whatever the tory party do.

Did you vote for him in either UK election when he actually could have had a shot at power? 

It's like all the folk that suddenly decided Ed Miliband wasn't so bad. All good with hindsight but nowhere to be seen when it actually mattered. 

If Corbyn didn't convince you despite you being in agreement with most of what he stood for in the 4 years he led Labour then I don't think he ever would've. He certainly wasn't convincing enough of the overall UK electorate either to make it worthwhile clinging on to his platform. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Can anyone tell me which parties are still the parties of their founders by the way? 🤣 

The SNP

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

The world has changed. 1970s left wing politics isn't winning anymore than 1920s did. 

It's true though. If it weren't plenty of you would've voted for real change Corbyn. Labour could offer anything but until they change tact on independence then all your other criticisms are irrelevant to me because that's the only thing that will sway you. 

Good posting . 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Can anyone tell me which parties are still the parties of their founders by the way? 🤣 

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The SNP

The Tories 

They've been in it for the establishment primarily and then their own personal enrichment since their inception. 

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

You seem fixated on what the SNP voters will or won't do. 

That suggests to me you're either not confident or not convinced with what Keith has to offer (once he finally gets round to telling us all what that actually is) 

If Labour have a credible offer then they'll get in power.

I got a leaflet through the door from Douglas Alexander today. A man of his people parachuted in to a constituency he knows **** all about no doubt at the expense of a local Labour activist. Keith's Labour at work 👍

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That suggests to me you're either not confident or not convinced with what Keith has to offer (once he finally gets round to telling us all what that actually is) 

I got a leaflet through the door from Douglas Alexander today. A man of his people parachuted in to a constituency he knows **** all about no doubt at the expense of a local Labour activist. Keith's Labour at work 👍

Douglas Alexander ffs! Wee British nyaff! 

18 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Douglas Alexander ffs! Wee British nyaff! 

I know. The guys an odious rat of a man. Was too cowardly to risk defeat against Black, so opted for this. Even though Black is now standing down :D 

I'd love it if he lost. Blairite skuzzbucket with zero morals. 

jack D and coke

The wee prick was in the pans labour club the other night with Angela Raynor.

Ill vote Tory if i have to to keep that wee ***** out. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

🤣

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I know. The guys an odious rat of a man. Was too cowardly to risk defeat against Black, so opted for this. Even though Black is now standing down :D 

I'd love it if he lost. Blairite skuzzbucket with zero morals. 

👍

39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Actually pisses me off no end that ***** is swanning about East Lothian like the ****ing heir apparent trying to get his face known so folk can get duped into voting for him to disappear down to Westminster the minute the vote is ‘won’. 

There is a reason Paisley got rid. He’s a spineless Blairite that will vote whatever way his Red Tory master demands.

Some brass neck to be talking about ‘change’. Swapping blue Tory for red Tory? Lol. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The Tories 

They've been in it for the establishment primarily and then their own personal enrichment since their inception. 

I'd argue against that. Post war Tories were generally paternalists until Thatcher took over and they then swung dramatically to the right. 

I think the lurch to the right and populism since 2016 has been even more dramatic. I'm not sure they are in it for the establishment any more but they are certainly in for their own enrichment and their pals too. 

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Actually pisses me off no end that ***** is swanning about East Lothian like the ****ing heir apparent trying to get his face known so folk can get duped into voting for him to disappear down to Westminster the minute the vote is ‘won’. 

There is a reason Paisley got rid. He’s a spineless Blairite that will vote whatever way his Red Tory master demands.

Some brass neck to be talking about ‘change’. Swapping blue Tory for red Tory? Lol. 

This.

But SNP but.

Risible 

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I don't care what you do or don't do. 

If you're an SNP voter why do you care so much about Labour? Fixated. 

How did you feel when Kenny switched party and didn't have the baws for a by election? 

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I don't care what you do or don't do. 

If you're an SNP voter why do you care so much about Labour? Fixated. 

How did you feel when Kenny switched party and didn't have the baws for a by election? 

Macaskill should've faced a by election as should any MP trying to 'switch' sides. 

I'd say the labour types are not as confident as they make out about Scotland. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 19/08/2023 at 14:16, jack D and coke said:

Was Raynor asking after me again?

il Duce McTarkin
On 16/08/2023 at 12:54, jack D and coke said:

Did ye Jackie aye?

:cornette:

:Shanks:

IMG_2029.jpeg

Can we have a catchy quasi-racist name for Mr Sarwar like the one the seperatists on here continue to use for Rashid Sanook? (nice one, Uncle Biden 👍).

Now how about Humza Yousaf? Surely there must be loads of side-splitting, derogatory, totally acceptable, Anglo-Sub-Continent puns that the non-racist seperatists can come up with for the golden boy.

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Can we have a catchy quasi-racist name for Mr Sarwar like the one the seperatists on here continue to use for Rashid Sanook? (nice one, Uncle Biden 👍).

Now how about Humza Yousaf? Surely there must be loads of side-splitting, derogatory, totally acceptable, Anglo-Sub-Continent puns that the non-racist seperatists can come up with for the golden boy.

Separatists :laugh2:

Aw naw, dinnae call us separatists!

zZBQ3Az.gif