Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

just seen that glitter attack on Keir Starmer - takeaway was that he reminded me of a pound shop John Major.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
14 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Fair enough SJ. I've stated "I'm Scottish" a few times too when abroad, always a warm response.

I don't know any Scottish person who would state that they were British when abroad.

The same goes for English or Welsh people

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't know any Scottish person who would state that they were British when abroad.

The same goes for English or Welsh people

Why don't those who are proud to be British not say so? 

10 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

🤣Labour🤣

16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Keir Starmer makes me cringe. It's like his body has been possessed by Mr Bean. 

I'd still take him over Sunak and his assorted arseholes.

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Got to admire his lack of personality.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Keir Starmer makes me cringe. It's like his body has been possessed by Mr Bean. 

I don't want a personality. I want politicians to be dull, awkward as feck and as anonymous as possible.

This popularity politics is why the country is on its arse. 

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

I'd still take him over Sunak and his assorted arseholes.

You're right about that. Labour are the least worst option. The Tories are just a Organised Crime syndicate in suits posing as politicians. 

However, I reckon the Country is that ****ed that Labour will struggle to actually change anything. 

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I don't want a personality. I want politicians to be dull, awkward as feck and as anonymous as possible.

It wasn't the politicians that voted for Brexit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No but it was charismatic lying feeble excuses for politicians who persuaded them to do so.

Nelly Terraces

9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

TOTALLY AGREE.

I find peoples criticism of Labour a bit OTT seeing how they've not actually been in power yet. Kinda typical of the world these days, easy just to sit at home & make jibes about this & that rather than be positive about anything. I feel it says a lot for their own personality more than anything. 

As for Starmer, all I can say is thank god it looks like someone serious will be in charge of the country & actually looks like he gives a shit about people. I'm not sure what people want to be honest, like at your own place of employment who do you want someone who just comes in, actually gets their head down, works, does a good job then can actually be a bit of a laugh at the end of the day, or do they want some kind of Colin Hunt who wears 'comedy' ties, odd socks & thinks they're 'crazee'. It's a Prime Minister you're going to be electing, not a stand up comedian. 

Anyway, now I've that off off my chest & it's a nice day here, I'm off out or a walk. :D

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

No but it was charismatic lying feeble excuses for politicians who persuaded them to do so.

Perhaps. The BBC reported their lies. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
33 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Unfortunately he's got nothing. No personality, and politics Farage would love.

Byyy The Light
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

27 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Swindon has said it for me.

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

TOTALLY AGREE.

I find peoples criticism of Labour a bit OTT seeing how they've not actually been in power yet. Kinda typical of the world these days, easy just to sit at home & make jibes about this & that rather than be positive about anything. I feel it says a lot for their own personality more than anything. 

As for Starmer, all I can say is thank god it looks like someone serious will be in charge of the country & actually looks like he gives a shit about people. I'm not sure what people want to be honest, like at your own place of employment who do you want someone who just comes in, actually gets their head down, works, does a good job then can actually be a bit of a laugh at the end of the day, or do they want some kind of Colin Hunt who wears 'comedy' ties, odd socks & thinks they're 'crazee'. It's a Prime Minister you're going to be electing, not a stand up comedian. 

Anyway, now I've that off off my chest & it's a nice day here, I'm off out or a walk. :D

Bang on the cash mate.

Worst kind of people sitting pointing out what is wrong about everything, criticising, making excuses left right and centre but coming up with no solutions or doing anything to help.  Goes for workplaces and life in general.

Enjoy your walk, you've earned it 😄

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Unfortunately he's got nothing. No personality, and politics Farage would love.

I'll take the least worst option as a step in the right direction rather than continue with more of the same thanks.

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

just seen that glitter attack on Keir Starmer - takeaway was that he reminded me of a pound shop John Major.

Never saw that coming.

r07do.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bd2627cb03e2077

Byyy The Light

Oh and while I'm at it, everyone should have to take a multiple choice exam on everyone's manifestos before they get to vote.

😁

In front of a Union flag and party optics that are like something from the 80s BNP, and that from one of their members.

:facepalm:

Screenshot2023-10-10at15-50-02AnasSarwarmakespitchtoindependencesupporters.png.80890b605edc88b8b5469996885d0a30.png

7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I'll take the least worst option as a step in the right direction rather than continue with more of the same thanks.

:wtf:

Er, no thanks to that.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Isn't that his policy?

It's his policy to be the grey man at the moment.  He's almost guaranteed to win if he gives the Tories nothing to fire at him.  The way the media (generalising broadcast and social) works these days it's best to say the absolute bare minimum and do nothing radical until he's in office.  He's got to move slowly and avoid getting drawn in to the woke lefty worm hole.  Majority of the population are centrists anyway, myself included.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

:wtf:

Er, no thanks to that.

You can continue with the current incumbents if you want mate.  Democracy and all that, they are not for me though.

ToadKiller Dog

No more the party of protest ,his party was born out of protest ,it was protests that built the labour movement ,the trade unions which then built the Labour party .

But never mind history isn't important when you are taking us back to the future .

He handled the speech pretty well its a slightly to the right of centre speech with the odd sop to the left .

Sort of US Democrats politics .

May go down well with the old school tories aghast with the looney culture warriors in control of the real tory party .

Keef is keeping his head down and quietly getting ready for Government.

He's not stooping so low as to fight in the gutter, because that's where the Tories and the Tory-centric mass media live and they'll beat him down there.

After 13 years of various slimebags, idiots and fascists running the gaff, quiet competence would be a refreshing change.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It's his policy to be the grey man at the moment.  He's almost guaranteed to win if he gives the Tories nothing to fire at him.  The way the media (generalising broadcast and social) works these days it's best to say the absolute bare minimum and do nothing radical until he's in office.  He's got to move slowly and avoid getting drawn in to the woke lefty worm hole.  Majority of the population are centrists anyway, myself included.

I don't trust a right leaning Labour leader, with a knighthood.

Far too Conservative for me. Like with Tony Bliar, Labour won't be getting my vote.

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I don't trust a right leaning Labour leader, with a knighthood.

Far too Conservative for me. Like with Tony Bliar, Labour won't be getting my vote.

That's cool, completely up to you.  I don't tend to get in to debates about politics however I do know that I will never ever get my A1 scenario so try to find the option that gets me closest to it or somewhere heading in that direction.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

:spoton:

23 minutes ago, Cade said:

After 13 years of various slimebags, idiots and fascists running the gaff, quiet competence would be a refreshing change.

:spoton:

40 minutes ago, Cade said:

Keef is keeping his head down and quietly getting ready for Government.

He's not stooping so low as to fight in the gutter, because that's where the Tories and the Tory-centric mass media live and they'll beat him down there.

This and other posts are spot on.  The excuses are running out to fail to vote for Labour and at least the hope and chance of some change for the better.  The excuses are running out that Labour stand for nothing and have offered no policies.

The fact that Labour are not offering unrealistically instant and radical change is exactly why they should be voted in.  When nobody expects it possible to achieve instant and radical change,  what use is another party who proposes instant and radical change?  No use whatsoever.  We've had 13 years of increasingly preposterous,  lying ****pigs offering what they are incapable of delivering and/or have no intention of doing so.

Edited by Victorian

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
25 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

That's cool, completely up to you.  I don't tend to get in to debates about politics however I do know that I will never ever get my A1 scenario so try to find the option that gets me closest to it or somewhere heading in that direction.

👍

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This and other posts are spot on.  The excuses are running out to fail to vote for Labour and at least the hope and chance of some change for the better.  The excuses are running out that Labour stand for nothing and have offered no policies.

The fact that Labour are not offering unrealistically instant and radical change is exactly why they should be voted in.  When nobody expects it possible to achieve instant and radical change,  what use is another party who proposes instant and radical change?  No use whatsoever.  We've had 13 years of increasingly preposterous,  lying ****pigs offering what they are incapable of delivering and/or have no intention of doing so.

We had lies about Iraq before that, too. I'm proud never to have voted for a war criminal.

4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

We had lies about Iraq before that, too. I'm proud never to have voted for a war criminal.

Braw.  Don't vote for Tony Blair would be the way ahead.  By a happy chance he's not standing in the election.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Victorian said:

Braw.  Don't vote for Tony Blair would be the way ahead.  By a happy chance he's not standing in the election.

A lot of people would still be alive, but for him.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

True.  This coming election but? 

I'll be voting for a pro-independence party, as usual. I don't like empire builders.

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

In front of a Union flag and party optics that are like something from the 80s BNP, and that from one of their members.

Screenshot2023-10-10at15-50-02AnasSarwarmakespitchtoindependencesupporters.png.80890b605edc88b8b5469996885d0a30.png

What's wrong with the union flag? 

Other parties give conferences surrounded by flags. 

If you think BNP anytime you see a union flag that's on you. 

1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

He can GTF!

23 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I'll be voting for a pro-independence party, as usual. I don't like empire builders.

Scotland was up to its ears in the British Empire and prospered enormously from it. Wrong as it was, It was very much a joint enterprise. Scotland's leading historian and  independence supporter Tom Devine wrote a book about it and is firmly of the view that our part in it cannot and should not be airbrushed from history.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

... by which you mean the grey Spitting Image puppet characterisation of John Major?

God, what I wouldn't give to have had the country led by John Major for the last 13 years. Grey is good; grey is what we need. Decisions made in what was believed (perhaps mistakenly) to be in the best interests of the population, not kowtowing to braying gammons and not blatantly feathering the nests of a few cronies. 

I accept I may have slightly rose-tinted memories and I probably wouldn't have voted for Major back then but I'd have him back in favour of any Tory kicking around just now. 

(At first, I thought you meant that the lad throwing glitter was the pound shop Major. I'm tired! However, maybe the glitter lad is a pound shop son of Major? Remember the lad who rode the back of his Dad's celebrity to get his hole all over the shop, punching way above his weight. Fair play, lad.)

2 hours ago, OBE said:

Starmer should've decked the ****, Prescott will not be chuffed...

I think he took a moment before realising he wasn't in real danger. I was only slightly disappointed that he didn't turn and nut the guy on the bridge of the nose; a perfect height differential to have created quite a red mess!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Scotland was up to its ears in the British Empire and prospered enormously from it. Wrong as it was, It was very much a joint enterprise. Scotland's leading historian and  independence supporter Tom Devine wrote a book about it and is firmly of the view that our part in it cannot and should not be airbrushed from history.

:sadrobbo:

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Decisions made in what was believed (perhaps mistakenly) to be in the best interests of the population, not kowtowing to braying gammons and not blatantly feathering the nests of a few cronies. 

This all day long.  Seems pretty simple and not too much to ask.

New Town Loafer
3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Spot on, don.

New Town Loafer
40 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Very much a matter of opinion.

53 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

... by which you mean the grey Spitting Image puppet characterisation of John Major?

God, what I wouldn't give to have had the country led by John Major for the last 13 years. Grey is good; grey is what we need. Decisions made in what was believed (perhaps mistakenly) to be in the best interests of the population, not kowtowing to braying gammons and not blatantly feathering the nests of a few cronies. 

I accept I may have slightly rose-tinted memories and I probably wouldn't have voted for Major back then but I'd have him back in favour of any Tory kicking around just now. 

(At first, I thought you meant that the lad throwing glitter was the pound shop Major. I'm tired! However, maybe the glitter lad is a pound shop son of Major? Remember the lad who rode the back of his Dad's celebrity to get his hole all over the shop, punching way above his weight. Fair play, lad.)

I think he took a moment before realising he wasn't in real danger. I was only slightly disappointed that he didn't turn and nut the guy on the bridge of the nose; a perfect height differential to have created quite a red mess!

👍 Yup, managerial grey is fine I think we'd all settle for adults in the room for a while. I latched onto Major as Starmer even sounded like him earlier... 

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly 

It's not even about Starmer.  That's a red herring.  The wider Labour front team is becoming increasingly credible.  One or two are a bit questionable but there are some increasingly confident and coherent people there.

Keef (PM)

Rachel Reeves (Chancellor)

Yvette Cooper (Home Sec)

David Lammy (Foreign Office)

That's a thousand times better than the Tory shitebags in office.

Richie Rich (PM)
Jezza Hunt (Chancer)
Cruella (Home Sec)
James not-so-Cleverly (Foreign Office)