Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

29 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

On your last para. I agree Scotland can be a prosperous country with independence. I think we would have a much fairer distribution of wealth and almost certainly our tax system would be overhauled. But it shouldn't need independence for that to happen 

It shouldn't but Britain is so backward, so stuck in past 'glory' that I can't see that happening. Power should be devolved as far as possible - see Norway that not only is independent of Stockholm but has many, and more powerful, local councils. More accountability and local democracy.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It is. Unlike the supposed official opposition . You keep voting new tory 👍 And we'll keep voting for a party who actually wants Scotland to do well. 

That group are getting smaller. Tick tock. Bye bye Nats. Scotland must be more right wing than you realise. But then naivety seems a common trait amongst your ilk. 

41 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It shouldn't but Britain is so backward, so stuck in past 'glory' that I can't see that happening. Power should be devolved as far as possible - see Norway that not only is independent of Stockholm but has many, and more powerful, local councils. More accountability and local democracy.

We could have that but the party you vote for up here has as big a love for centralisation of power as those in Westminster. 

Labour still 19 points clear in national polls. 

On course to sweep to power and take some wee Braveheart sorts seats in the process in Scotland. 

Go on Sir Starmer. 

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

That group are getting smaller. Tick tock. Bye bye Nats. Scotland must be more right wing than you realise. But then naivety seems a common trait amongst your ilk. 

That's not a good post BR. We've got the usual too wee, stupid and poor now it's naivety! All the self governing, independent countries in the world just laugh at attitudes like that.

Westminster and the establishment just laugh at your ilk with your embarrassing notions of the Scottish people. I don't understand how you think. How can you expect to earn respect when you believe that a government who can't govern its own affairs in its own country(London for England) and think it cares about Scotland. Utter stupidity and madness.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

On course to sweep to power and take some wee Braveheart sorts seats in the process in Scotland. 

Go on Sir Starmer. 

Yep 

26 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Its certainly " tick tock" for the SNP in Scotland with many of their Mps jumping shift and the rise of Sir Keith.  Its gonna be a bloodshed for them at the next Gen election. tick tock. 

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Go on Sir Starmer. 

You don't need to look far to understand why Labour are finished in Scotland, less seats than the Tories, completely Hibsed it.

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep 

Its certainly " tick tock" for the SNP in Scotland with many of their Mps jumping shift and the rise of Sir Keith.  Its gonna be a bloodshed for them at the next Gen election. tick tock. 

What will Labour do in Scotland? Absolutely nothing! Blair and his ilk have caused thousands of deaths but big bad SNP eh! Short memories Triple J. Hate Labour more than the Tories. 

The General Election means nothing in Scotland. It's the Scottish elections that are important and that's when the focus will be on morons such as Sarwar and Baillie.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You don't need to look far to understand why Labour are finished in Scotland, less seats than the Tories, completely Hibsed it.

We'll see next election sport. Once upon a time you supported a pressure group. Be consigned to that again very soon. 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What will Labour do in Scotland? Absolutely nothing! Blair and his ilk have caused thousands of deaths but big bad SNP eh! Short memories Triple J. Hate Labour more than the Tories. 

The General Election means nothing in Scotland. It's the Scottish elections that are important and that's when the focus will be on morons such as Sarwar and Baillie.

Don't care so long as they consign the SNP to second place. General Election means a lot in Scotland. Apparently Humza is using it as a wee trigger for talks is he no? Poor wee deluded fud. 

25 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's not a good post BR. We've got the usual too wee, stupid and poor now it's naivety! All the self governing, independent countries in the world just laugh at attitudes like that.

Westminster and the establishment just laugh at your ilk with your embarrassing notions of the Scottish people. I don't understand how you think. How can you expect to earn respect when you believe that a government who can't govern its own affairs in its own country(London for England) and think it cares about Scotland. Utter stupidity and madness.

The too wee, too poor, and too stupid patter was all over the Sturgeon thread yesterday when your fellow voters were doing all they could to denigrate the Scotland of the past 300 years. 

Chips galore. All the self governing independent countries around the world can do what they want. I don't care. No one laughs at me anywhere I go in this wonderful island. 

Delude yourself into thinking Holyrood cares. They're as interested in me as Westminster. I'm just a tax payer to them. They've done zero for me. 

Edited by BlueRiver

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

We'll see next election sport. Once upon a time you supported a pressure group. Be consigned to that again very soon. 

You keep think that champ, you might get lucky and Murray might still be you're only man in WM.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

You keep think that champ, you might get lucky and Murray might still be you're only man in WM.

Not a chance. Second place. Pretendy referendum scuppered by the glorious Labour party rising like a phoenix from the ashes. 

15 years and nothing to show for it. Back to oblivion. 

Get the ****ing bus booked there's nats to feed to the lions when Sir Keir rides to liberate Scotland from the clutches of the SNP. 

Chuck Berry
14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Labour done nothing for Scotland for 50 years, oversaw it's destruction by the Tories in the 80's and they couldn't do a thing. Now they have taken up the Tory mantle under Sir Keir, just a Tory light party who offer abosolutely nothing to Scotland.

They'll win the GE - not because of what they offer -  but because they're not the Tories. They have an open goal but Sir Keir and his focus groups are shanking their spot kicks well wide of the mark, all they care about is the "Red Wall" voters in England.

They support Brexit, the Rape Clause, and denial of a second Referendum. Let that sink in.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Deny the second referendum. 

:yas:

You'll be denied everything when I'm appointed Natfinder General. 

i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

The too wee, too poor, and too stupid patter was all over the Sturgeon thread yesterday when your fellow voters were doing all they could to denigrate the Scotland of the past 300 years. 

Chips galore. All the self governing independent countries around the world can do what they want. I don't care. No one laughs at me anywhere I go in this wonderful island. 

Delude yourself into thinking Holyrood cares. They're as interested in me as Westminster. I'm just a tax payer to them. They've done zero for me. 

For balance, one person was arguing the point about the Empire.  While I didn't agree with him, I understood the point he was making.  

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

For balance, one person was arguing the point about the Empire.  While I didn't agree with him, I understood the point he was making.  

It wasn't a complex point to understand really. Just an abysmal one. 

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

We could have that but the party you vote for up here has as big a love for centralisation of power as those in Westminster. 

Don't disagree. The SNP have been a tad too coy for my liking when it comes to land use/ ownership in Scotland and empowering local authorities - though I'm not sure if the powers to change boundaries and create smaller, more locally focussed councils are devolved.

Fortunatlely, after independence is re-gained, we will be like a normal European social democracy with a pluraity of parties and the SNP is likely to split, especially if Scottish Labour rediscovers some old values once it's no longer a Branch Office, ruled by the London-based party.

Edited by Gundermann

30 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Labour done nothing for Scotland for 50 years, oversaw it's destruction by the Tories in the 80's and they couldn't do a thing. Now they have taken up the Tory mantle under Sir Keir, just a Tory light party who offer abosolutely nothing to Scotland.

They'll win the GE - not because of what they offer -  but because they're not the Tories. They have an open goal but Sir Keir and his focus groups are shanking their spot kicks well wide of the mark, all they care about is the "Red Wall" voters in England.

They support Brexit, the Rape Clause, and denial of a second Referendum. Let that sink in.

This.

I'm old enough to remember Labour "opposing" but otherwise enabling the hated Poll Tax. Tony Blair further undermined the party's credibility in Scotland.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

One that you ran away from because you couldn't debate it 🤷‍♂️ 

You wanted us to remember the role that Scotland played in empire - post union Scots did stuff, Scotland didn't.

Edited by Smithee

Just now, Gundermann said:

Don't disagree. The SNP have been a tad too coy for my liking when it comes to land use/ ownership in Scotland and empowering local authorities - though I'm sure if the powers to change boundaries and create smaller, more locally focussed councils is devolved.

Fortunatlely, after independence is re-gained, we will be like a normal European social democracy with a pluraity of parties and the SNP is likely to split, especially if Scottish Labour rediscovers some old values once it's no longer a Branch Office, ruled by the London-based party.

Right you. On the bus. Next stop lions. 

Perhaps under a different FM that would be the case. I can't see the current one or his predecessor doing anything of the sort if the power was devolved. 

When the union is again reaffirmed though you'll have to consider what you want out of politics. If that's to keep voting for protest parties then that's fine. Independence isn't happening in the next 20 years at least. 

Roxy Hearts
32 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

We should look to change aw they signs anaw. 

Scotlandshire or North Britain sounds good to me. 

Jeez BR you sound like that erse, Ian Murray. You got a hangover?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

One that you ran away from because you couldn't debate it 🤷‍♂️ 

You wanted us to remember the time that Scotland played in empire - post union Scots did stuff, Scotland didn't.

It did. I didn't run away. I gave my view. Scotland and its institutions at all levels were involved in Empire. 

Your tortured semantics might play well in your head but it was utter nonsense. 

Edinburgh has a role in Empire. Glasgow had a role in Empire. Bristol had a role in Empire. 

You couldn't bring yourself to answer whether Scotland played a role in the world wars because you realised you'd have to say no. 

Edited by BlueRiver

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Jeez BR you sound like that erse, Ian Murray. You got a hangover?

🤣 🤣 nah I just thought I'd give being the opposite of our resident braveheart a spin for the jollies. 

Naebody else takes this board very seriously so might as well join in! 

Unknown user
Just now, BlueRiver said:

It did. I didn't run away. I gave my view. Scotland and its institutions at all levels were involved in Empire. 

You're tortured semantics might play well in your head but it was utter nonsense. 

Edinburgh has a role in Empire. Glasgow had a role in Empire. Bristol had a role in Empire. 

You couldn't bring yourself to answer whether Scotland played a role in the world wars because you realised you'd have to say no. 

Scotland didn't have any influence on the world wars, it wasn't a nation state and was unable to make decisions or take responsibility.

Just now, Smithee said:

Scotland didn't have any influence on the world wars, it wasn't a nation state and was unable to make decisions or take responsibility.

Did it have a role? 

Right you. On the bus. Next stop lions. 

Perhaps under a different FM that would be the case. I can't see the current one or his predecessor doing anything of the sort if the power was devolved. 

When the union is again reaffirmed though you'll have to consider what you want out of politics. If that's to keep voting for protest parties then that's fine. Independence isn't happening in the next 20 years at least. 

You're on the bevvy early today.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Did it have a role? 

Depends in how you look at things.

It's not really relevant to your trying to tar Scotland with the nasties of the British empire though.

Just now, Smithee said:

Depends in how you look at things.

It's not really relevant to your trying to tar Scotland with the nasties of the British empire though.

Aye a big evil English man did it and ran away eh? 

You had no qualms equating post-1707 with England's role. 

Did Scotland have a role in the world wars? Or do you want to disrespect us further by calling us Scotlandshire? 

Too wee, too poor, and too stupid. 

A nat's view of 300+ years of Scottish history. 

Oh to be so downtrodden. 

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

🤣 🤣 nah I just thought I'd give being the opposite of our resident braveheart a spin for the jollies. 

🤣👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Aye a big evil English man did it and ran away eh? 

You had no qualms equating post-1707 with England's role. 

Did Scotland have a role in the world wars? Or do you want to disrespect us further by calling us Scotlandshire? 

I'm not saying anything about England mate, that's all in your fevered imagination

Edited by Smithee

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

🤣👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Have a good day! Hope the beers and wine haven't ended up being a headache today! 

Just now, Smithee said:

I'm not saying anything about England mate, that's all in your fevered imagination

You said it. You went on about England's Empire and blah blah blah. 

It probably sounded all very profound and intelligent. 

Roxy Hearts

Have a good day! Hope the beers and wine haven't ended up being a headache today! 

Cheers. I drank slowly! I'm fine.

Unknown user

You said it. You went on about England's Empire and blah blah blah. 

It probably sounded all very profound and intelligent. 

That's right, it was England's empire, run by, and for, England.

How can that be denied?

Just now, Smithee said:

That's right, it was England's empire, run by, and for, England.

How can that be denied?

Because it built Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and many other places. 

Because Scots played a massive role across all areas of Empire. 

But aye an English man did it and ran away. I bet they were aw Tories as well.

Did Scotland have a role in the world wars? 

I for one would like to thank the England's Empire for standing up to the evils of Nazism. 

Us poor wee Scots were too busy trying to discover fire or something. 

Unknown user

Because it built Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and many other places. 

Because Scots played a massive role across all areas of Empire. 

But aye an English man did it and ran away. I bet they were aw Tories as well.

Did Scotland have a role in the world wars? 

How does that mean it wasn't run by England, for England?

i wish jj was my dad
22 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Maybe but more pertinently it was one person making that point. Not his 'fellow voters'.  I know that you are trying to advance the Kelvin Mackenzie argument that Scotlsnd or at least the SNP/independence movement is full of benefit junkies. It really isn't. 

Just now, Smithee said:

How does that mean it wasn't run by England, for England?

Because Scotland benefited massively. 

It was run just as much for Scotland as it was for England. 

Do you think Edinburgh just willed itself into being in the state it currently is? 

Scottish people benefitted hugely from Empire. A cursory understanding of the social and economic history of this country would be enough for most folk to accept that. 

Again though - did Scotland have a role in the world wars? 

The Mighty Thor

21 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I'm struggling to tell the difference from your normal posting style tbh. 

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Maybe but more pertinently it was one person making that point. Not his 'fellow voters'.  I know that you are trying to advance the Kelvin Mackenzie argument that Scotlsnd or at least the SNP/independence movement is full of benefit junkies. It really isn't. 

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I couldn't care who claims what. Social security is there for a reason and I support that. 

What I am wondering is why so many in the nationalist movement look to denigrate Scotland then claim that its me that does it. 

Jesus Smithee, everyone knows BR is just having a laugh by being the polar opposite of Aussieh. The more you bite the more he is laughing