• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

manaliveits105

Another great performance by the Prime Minister and long awaited but welcome assistance for the British public . The opposition barely laid a glove on her 

Early signs are very positive 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Another great performance by the Prime Minister and long awaited but welcome assistance for the British public . The opposition barely laid a glove on her 

😂😂😂😂😂😉😉😉

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Always easy for the public to believe the spin when all the right-wing client journalists are primed to spout the same line. 🥱

Some of the more gullible Tory fools naturally don’t need to wait for the propaganda to swallow whole the latest screed of Tory sewage. ;)

3307E12E-D047-461F-BD58-F539BF22FCE0.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Were you not one that was wanting public help from the government? She borrows money to provide it now your not happy the national debt is increasing.

It’s a be careful what you wish for really . State support at the present time is vital but I do worry that’s there is an agenda here ( cashless society , total reliance on the state , unable to have physical money , basically slave workforce ) 

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Always easy for the public to believe the spin when all the right-wing client journalists are primed to spout the same line. 🥱

Some of the more gullible Tory fools naturally don’t need to wait for the propaganda to swallow whole the latest screed of Tory sewage. ;)

3307E12E-D047-461F-BD58-F539BF22FCE0.jpeg

Is not sewage, it's clear blue water.  

It now appears that Truss has administered a fatal dose of something to Her Majesty the Queen. I can't see the blue rinse brigade tolerating that sort of stuff. 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Is not sewage, it's clear blue water.  

It now appears that Truss has administered a fatal dose of something to Her Majesty the Queen. I can't see the blue rinse brigade tolerating that sort of stuff. 

Yep, nicely spotted the algorithm replacement job there. Just like when you google "Jacob Rees-Mogg lying in parliament".

Nothing that comes out of this junta of crooks is done in good faith. 

11 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's not though.

she's looking at lumping £150bn onto the public debt. 

The last published debt interest payment for the UK was June and that was £19,4bn just for June.

Add another £150bn onto the top line and we'll be looking at debt interest payments of £22-25bn a month. 

Every time interest rates go up guess what? our debt payments go up.

The markets have looked at that and currently view the UK as a bin fire economy. 

There's no real plan for economic growth because we put economic sanctions on ourselves.

She's no idea what she's doing and she's surrounded herself with the disaster capitalists that brought you Brexit. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.   Our economy is in the gutter in terms of tax receipts from businesses  (apart from the energy companies), so where else is she going to get that sort of money ? 

All governments run eye-watering debts.   If Sturgeon had the power to run up a huge Scotland debt, she would.    If Indy happens, it'll happen too.

The current windfall tax is still in place (I think) since its not retrospective - she's just not extending it.  Thats my understanding, but could be wrong.   Her explanation for not extending it is worrying though - something about needing the energy companies to invest in order to grow the economy.  Seems she doesn't quite understand the concept behind "windfall" ... or maybe its a smokescreen for not wanting to upset her benefactors at BP etc

periodictabledancer
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Wonderful dignified speech on the death of the Queen tonight 

I would expect nothing less from a LibDem/pro EU/anti monarchist Conservative leader. 

That woman has standards and strong moral values. 

Gawd bless 'er.

And the queen.

46 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Wonderful dignified speech on the death of the Queen tonight 

A bit hypocritical after what she said when she was a lib dem. But that's politicians for you.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Chances of a lavish state funeral followed by a snap election to ride the nationalist wave back into power?

Possibly.  Although there could be a bit of a popular backlash against Charlie at some stage, largely due to his long-term infidelity & occasional wackiness   compared to his mother's high standards & popularity.   It could even prompt the PM to renew her opposition to the Monarchy !   :omg: 

dobmisterdobster
2 hours ago, Mister T said:

A bit hypocritical after what she said when she was a lib dem. But that's politicians for you.

She was 19. Everybody does embarrassing things when they are young.

7 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

She was 19. Everybody does embarrassing things when they are young.

For some people it doesn’t stop when they are young. 😀

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Chances of a lavish state funeral followed by a snap election to ride the nationalist wave back into power?

I think thats a real possibility.  The " bounce" from the jingoism may be too much to resist. Unsure how it may pan out regarding Indy ? 

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indy is as live as Queen Elizabeth II

I honestly think her death has booted into out of touch for the conceivable future. I just think NS and SNP will be criticised heavily if they go on about and be accused of being " disrespectable " to the " Union" headed by the Monarchy,

Spoiler

However they aren't. They have every right to still campaign for it. 

9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

QE1 in Scotland!

They tell you they use the bigger number. Can someone tell me when anyone outside of Scotland refers to King James as KJ6 and not KJ1. 

Insert Countdown tune in ones head.

It still come up James V1 and 1, QE only comes up QE2.

Edited by ri Alban

I wonder how Brexiters are looking at the new Government. We subtle hints that the top jobs have no white men, would put tip them over the edge. :D

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They tell you they use the bigger number. Can someone tell me when anyone outside of Scotland refers to King James as KJ6 and not KJ1. 

Insert Countdown tune in ones head.

It still come up James V1 and 1, QE only comes up QE2.

King James predates the Acts of Unions. The United Kingdom of Great Britain didn’t exist, hence the numbering convention was different. 

Edit: It’s why the Stuart monarchs in general have two numbers. James VI & I, James VII & II, William II and III. 

England being the bigger of the two states probably accounts for most of why you see them referred to by their English numberings more readily that their Scottish. 

Edited by BlueRiver

MissTrusst been pooped right in the Shite. Boris must be well relieved, he'd have embarrassed the whole of the world.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

King James predates the Acts of Unions. The United Kingdom of Great Britain didn’t exist, hence the numbering convention was different. 

Edit: It’s why the Stuart monarchs in general have two numbers. James VI & I, James VII & II, William II and III. 

England being the bigger of the two states probably accounts for most of why you see them referred to by their English numberings more readily that their Scottish. 

Elizabeth predates the union anaw.

Konrad von Carstein

I read somewhere something about Churchill coming up with the convention of using whichever number was the highest instead of using Elizabeth I of Scotland and II of England.

So if William was named James his would be the Scottish number plus 1 when he replaced Chuck the Turd.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I read somewhere something about Churchill coming up with the convention of using whichever number was the highest instead of using Elizabeth I of Scotland and II of England.

So if William was named James his would be the Scottish number plus 1 when he replaced Chuck the Turd.

But they don't, is my argument. Yes  James was Both King of Scots and King of England separately, but Elizabeth was before The union of the crown, James united the crowns and Scotland took over England, Yet The Queen was ER2. No one outside of Scotland refers to The James' as James the VI or VII. The 1st and Second.

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Elizabeth predates the union anaw.

I mean that as there was a previous Queen of England called Elizabeth they took the convention of the higher number between the two kingdoms. Elizabeth II was really the first one to need to have it as a consideration. 

I guess we can test to see if it holds both directions if we end up with a James or Alexander in line for the throne. 

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

But they don't, is my argument. Yes  James was Both King of Scots and King of England separately, but Elizabeth was before The union of the crown, James united the crowns and Scotland took over England, Yet The Queen was ER2. No one outside of Scotland refers to The James' as James the VI or VII. The 1st and Second.

Scotland took over England shows how little you know about the Union of Crowns really. 

4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I mean that as there was a previous Queen of England called Elizabeth they took the convention of the higher number between the two kingdoms. Elizabeth II was really the first one to need to have it as a consideration. 

I guess we can test to see if it holds both directions if we end up with a James or Alexander in line for the throne. 

We've only had 2 Williams anaw. :)

3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Scotland took over England shows how little you know about the Union of Crowns really. 

It was a wee joke. 

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

James the sellout, abandoned his own Country and language for the glory of the English crown. A tart. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

We've only had 2 Williams anaw. :)

I know. I pointed that out and he was known as William II of Scotland. All three monarchs known by a dual numbering predate the Acts of Union and are from the era following the Union of Crowns. 

I’m meaning the only way to test if the Scottish higher numbering would hold would be if we had a James, Alexander, Malcolm etc ascend. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It was a wee joke. 

Ah fair enough. My bad it’s hard to tell on the internet sometimes! 

Just now, ri Alban said:

James the sellout, abandoned his own Country and language for the glory of the English crown. A tart. 

😂😂 “Discuss”

If you ask me that would be a tremendous Stuart monarchs exam question 😂

5 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I know. I pointed that out and he was known as William II of Scotland. All three monarchs known by a dual numbering predate the Acts of Union and are from the era following the Union of Crowns. 

I’m meaning the only way to test if the Scottish higher numbering would hold would be if we had a James, Alexander, Malcolm etc ascend. 

Ah fair enough. My bad it’s hard to tell on the internet sometimes! 

:thumbsup:

I used to be right into all this stuff. Now I have total contempt for the whole history of the Kingdom of Scotland. Betrayal seems to be the powerful of  Scottish people's biggest trait.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

😂😂 “Discuss”

If you ask me that would be a tremendous Stuart monarchs exam question 😂

:D

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:thumbsup:

I used to be right into all this stuff. Now I have total contempt for the whole history of the Kingdom of Scotland. Betrayal seems to be Scottish folks biggest trait.

ah I can’t help myself. Can get lost for hours in it! 

It definitely features a lot. I don’t know so much about earlier Kings though really. I feel like I should try and find a decent book to cover a lot of the pre-1500s Scottish stuff. 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a fine , grand name James is ! It really is . Great Scottish name . 

Indeed it is I’ve a gorgeous grandson called James however Jamie is used. 

2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Indeed it is I’ve a gorgeous grandson called James however Jamie is used. 

👍👍

7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a fine , grand name James is ! It really is . Great Scottish name . 

I think I'm right in saying that Hamish is a good Scottish name, Seamus is a good Irish name, and James is a good English name.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think I'm right in saying that Hamish is a good Scottish name, Seamus is a good Irish name, and James is a good English name.

No say it isn’t so ! 😂

Truss should concentrate on running the country, the price of living isn't mourning anyone. Get on with government and leave the Monarch to do his thing. You ain't needed.