Liz Truss

Roxy Hearts

Roxy Hearts

This idiot deserves a topic all on its own. One of the dumbest people I've ever heard and soon to be head of the the union after the Queen! 

We thought Jonson was bad! Absolute roaster! Words fail me. Wake up people.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

This idiot deserves a topic all on its own. One of the dumbest people I've ever heard and soon to be head of the the union after the Queen! 

We thought Jonson was bad! Absolute roaster! Words fail me. Wake up people.

Liz Truss as PM?

THAT

IS

A

DISGRACE 

Edit: Sorry, was that too cheesy?

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Could be awkward when she meets the Queen 

Ach, she's the Groucho Marx of politics,  she has principles, but if you don't like them,  fear not,  she has others. Brexit, the monarchy, who knows what she actually believes? A halfway competent opposition will tear this opportunistic moron to shreads!

Sadly, I don't think she'll face an even halfway competent opposition.

That cheese speech was enough for me. A total weirdo and moron. Sinister with it too. Probably keeps a cauldron in her handbag.

Erstwhile monarchy sceptic and staunch EU remain supporter now wants to eradicate the remainder of EU laws... oh,  and a new Royal Yacht.

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Can't find the only door in a room despite having entered through it 10 minutes earlier. 

We've all been there to be fair, although most of us were hammered at the time :)

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Can't find the only door in a room despite having entered through it 10 minutes earlier. 

24 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

We've all been there to be fair, although most of us were hammered at the time :)

That reminds me of the time me and the mrs couldn’t find our hotel room when enjoying all Amsterdam has to offer. Round and round the hotel for what felt like ever passing reception every time. Embarrassing and hilarious in equal measures  😂

Roxy Hearts
10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What she said?

Everything and anything. Doesn't understand the word "hypothetical" for a start! Seen clips of her and didn't realise she's even dumber than I thought. Didn't get where she is by talent!

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That reminds me of the time me and the mrs couldn’t find our hotel room when enjoying all Amsterdam has to offer. Round and round the hotel for what felt like ever passing reception every time. Embarrassing and hilarious in equal measures  😂

:lol:

Exactly the same scenario for me and Mrs KvC in Majorca one time, pished as farts up and down stairs past reception umpteen times.

Memories that will stay with us forever :lol:

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Too many of their cafes finest! 🤣

4 hours ago, Hansel said:

Apart from the fact she is an idiot, that clip could be any one of many who are odd people in politics.

Seems to rammed with weirdos !

10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Not sure you can call someone dumb who manages to climb the tree so successfully. 

I used to think this until about 6 years ago. Then I realised it’s not simply about tree climbing skills of the individual. 

Benny Factor
8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:lol:

Exactly the same scenario for me and Mrs KvC in Majorca one time, pished as farts up and down stairs past reception umpteen times.

Memories that will stay with us forever :lol:

Truss has clearly never been in a Wetherspoons and had to go the khazi..... you'd never see her again! 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Hansel said:

She was the Head of all LibDems at Oxford uni. I wonder whether that leadership experience stands her in good stead for the job she's after now. 

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I used to think this until about 6 years ago. Then I realised it’s not simply about tree climbing skills of the individual. 

Are you suggesting that she clucked a few socks along the way? Other than Kwasi Kwarteng's, obviously. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Not sure you can call someone dumb who manages to climb the tree so successfully. 

Ronald Reagan? George W Bush? Donald Trump? Boris Johnson? It depends on who is working them from behind really. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ronald Reagan? George W Bush? Donald Trump? Boris Johnson? It depends on who is working them from behind really. 

Aye fair point, still these ****ers aren’t as daft as we or they like to make out. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye fair point, still these ****ers aren’t as daft as we or they like to make out. 

Definitely, like many tories though their high level of education doesn’t mean they’re that intelligent. 

Going to be the perfect opponent for Sturgeon. And by perfect, I mean Sturgeon will wipe the floor with her. 

Roxy Hearts
27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Going to be the perfect opponent for Sturgeon. And by perfect, I mean Sturgeon will wipe the floor with her. 

Sturgeon wipes the floor with everyone. Easy pickings against robotic establishment types.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Rumour has it she will keep Dorries and Rees-Mogg in the government to make her look clever!

😂

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Desperate for his hole type post IMO

Agreed. I kinda work on the theory if you spam up an Internet forum with a lot of provocative trolling then you are badly in need. Your man almost certainly falls into that category. 

doctor jambo
44 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sturgeon wipes the floor with everyone. Easy pickings against robotic establishment types.

😂

Sturgeon is the archetypal robotic establishment type.

And in a one party country cannot land a majority.

not a patch on Salmond

So,  Liz Truss.  The topic of the thread.

Her own economic adviser has admitted that her tax cuts may well result in interest rates reaching 7%.  Seven ****ing percent.

Tax cuts for the sitting pretty party loyal.  Unaffordable mortgage and personal credit repayments for the peasants amidst a wider cost of living shock.

These people are vandals.

Roxy Hearts
16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Sturgeon is the archetypal robotic establishment type.

And in a one party country cannot land a majority.

not a patch on Salmond

Salmond was one of the best politicians out there that I've seen. Great speaker with gravitas. Sturgeon is more intelligent than most. Hard to get a majority but I think the SNP are still one of the most popular parties in Europe. Keep on winning elections.

John Gentleman

Is she, possibly, the whitest person on the planet? She always looks peely-wally. Like chalk....

Auld Reekin'
10 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Is she, possibly, the whitest person on the planet? She always looks peely-wally. Like chalk....

Yeah - you'd think she'd have picked up a bit of a tan from all her hugely-significant trade-deal trips to Guinea-Bissau, Tristan da Cunha, the Solomon Islands, and Belize, but apparently not.

Maybe she prefers to stick to the shady areas? :huh:

Lone Striker
54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So,  Liz Truss.  The topic of the thread.

Her own economic adviser has admitted that her tax cuts may well result in interest rates reaching 7%.  Seven ****ing percent.

Tax cuts for the sitting pretty party loyal.  Unaffordable mortgage and personal credit repayments for the peasants amidst a wider cost of living shock.

These people are vandals.

I heard the advisor woman too - she admitted that Truss's communication skills in front of a camera aren't the greatest.  What she didn't say was that Truss's other skills aren't the greatest either.

It seems the policy of "tax cuts" is pretty much the only solution politicians like her actually have to deal with the continuing economic whirlwind which is seriously harming the lives & hopes of millions of ordinary people.

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I heard the advisor woman too - she admitted that Truss's communication skills in front of a camera aren't the greatest.  What she didn't say was that Truss's other skills aren't the greatest either.

It seems the policy of "tax cuts" is pretty much the only solution politicians like her actually have to deal with the continuing economic whirlwind which is seriously harming the lives & hopes of millions of ordinary people.

This was a different adviser.  He dismissed the 7% interest rates as what it is (a holocaust for many people).  Reckons it's a "good thing" to kill off "zombie companies".

All this outdated ideology is being dusted off.  It can't work in today's economic conditions.  There is no thought being given to helping people survive.  It's a game to these people.

John Gentleman
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This was a different adviser.  He dismissed the 7% interest rates as what it is (a holocaust for many people).  Reckons it's a "good thing" to kill off "zombie companies".

All this outdated ideology is being dusted off.  It can't work in today's economic conditions.  There is no thought being given to helping people survive.  It's a game to these people.

It's always been a game to them. We must content ourserlves with the morsels and trinkets occasionally dispersed our way.

doctor jambo
51 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Do you not think that tax cuts  - letting people keep more of their money , so they can pay for stuff,

id preferable to the state taking it off you , then giving it back to you and expecting you to be grateful for a handout?

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Do you not think that tax cuts  - letting people keep more of their money , so they can pay for stuff,

id preferable to the state taking it off you , then giving it back to you and expecting you to be grateful for a handout?

Tax cuts are inflationary with further economic lever consequences (interest rates).  Tax cuts may well balance out with the negatives at and beyond a point in the food chain of wealth/income but it will be a horror show for the poor.  

Inflation is everything.  Even Thatcher knew that.  

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Tax cuts are inflationary with further economic lever consequences (interest rates).  Tax cuts may well balance out with the negatives at and beyond a point in the food chain of wealth/income but it will be a horror show for the poor.  

Inflation is everything.  Even Thatcher knew that.  

The inflation is not being caused by the populace having too much money.

You can hike interest rates to 20% , it’s not going to reduce inflation one iota.

the inflation was caused by war, QE and covid spending splurges.

We need the economy to grow.

That is the only way out .

We thefore need to undercut eu.

16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The inflation is not being caused by the populace having too much money.

You can hike interest rates to 20% , it’s not going to reduce inflation one iota.

the inflation was caused by war, QE and covid spending splurges.

We need the economy to grow.

That is the only way out .

We thefore need to undercut eu.

The main inflationary inputs are external in origin but futher inflationary pressures make it worse and more prolonged.

Grow the economy by all means because that will create wealth.  But growing economic demand is not the same as economic growth.  The economy can't accomodate more demand without labour supply.  There is no extra labour supply under the conditions of this government's ideology (the ideology of people that the government continues to create the illusion of).  Therefore tax pounds swelling personal spending budgets only can inflate price.

Interest rates clobber the least well off and the struggling people above them.  Inflation will lead to further increases to interest rates.

If this country is serious about helping people in the cost of living crisis then inflation and interest rates are everything.  Creating economic growth is good but the benefits will take time to percolate through.  The least well off need inflation reduced soon.  If it drags on and compounds month on month or year on year then we've seen nothing yet.  

It's tough to see any easy answers on how to reduce inflation but it's job #1 for the PM.  Either that or play the political game and **** the poor.

Edited by Victorian

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes...  I do.   But my point was that it seems to be the ONLY tactic politicians have (or at least the only big one they're telling us about)   

As you say, the logic of cutting taxes is that folk have more of their own money to spend  on  non-essential stuff,  which creates or supports  jobs and boosts other government revenues like VAT.    Right now, if they gave us a few hundred pounds of tax cut most folk would use it to reduce their debt or to pay for essential stuff like  petrol, food  and domestic energy.   Comparatively little return back to the government in increased revenue - so you need to ask yourself why are Truss & Sunak taking opposing views on the wisdom of it  in the short term.  Government is  committed to funding lots of expenditure for several years to come related to things like Covid vaccinations, NHS backlogs,  increasing defence spending and donating weapons to Ukraine.

Its cheap sound bite politics from Truss, imo - however it will probably help her win the party member vote.