• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

28 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Financial people eh!   Shower of rich b******s, eh?   We should not have accepted Mr Anderson's millions in donations, eh?

It's not about benevolence though is it. Nothing wrong with being rich. Don't you think paying wealthy bankers bonuses is quite crass when people are struggling?

Westminster parties have no shame and not just the Tories. Labour is an absolute joke of a party, no morals either and as for Starmer and that twat Sarwar, what a couple of nonentities.

il Duce McTarkin
44 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ha!

The nick of that...

Looks like she's on the walk of shame during freshers' week, having lost her trousers at some point during the previous evening.

McClaymore muck dribbling down the inside of her thigh.

image.png.6c964540cfd2fe86e648efc939662e4b.png

53 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Ha!

The nick of that...

Looks like she's on the walk of shame during freshers' week, having lost her trousers at some point during the previous evening.

Reminds my of uni days 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's not about benevolence though is it. Nothing wrong with being rich. Don't you think paying wealthy bankers bonuses is quite crass when people are struggling?

Westminster parties have no shame and not just the Tories. Labour is an absolute joke of a party, no morals either and as for Starmer and that twat Sarwar, what a couple of nonentities.

Where does that benevolence come from though?  Has it come from bonus payments?  Is paying a banker or anyone else whose business is doing well a bonus, wrong?   I would imagine the bonus is paid from profits.   

I worked on the factory floor and if our business made a reasonable profit, we got a bonus.

As for morals.  As the German writer Friedrich von Schlege said:

"Where there is politics or economics, there is no morality."

No government will be any different.  Even communism, where everyone is equal, there will be many who are 'more equal' than others.

If only every every politician was as honest and moral as our Snp politicians.  They are a beacon, a shining light of morality and competence.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

So the more you earn the more you’ll save in tax cuts. Also news just in, water is wet. 🙄

And higher interest rates will help them even more. Almost a coincidence.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

So the more you earn the more you’ll save in tax cuts. Also news just in, water is wet. 🙄

Don't forget the poorest will also have their 16 pence per week benefit from the NI cut.

Huzzah!

52 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Don't forget the poorest will also have their 16 pence per week benefit from the NI cut.

Huzzah!

Yep the cut is pretty meaningless to the poorest. A few quid to those in the middle though. 

Let us hope that these examples of huge tax savings are spent in the real economy in order to aid economic growth for,  supposedly,  the benefit of everyone... and not merely accumulated to offshore wealth holdings.  

Cos like,  giving away huge tax savings that don't recycle around in the economy would be economically illiterate and particularly dense as shit.

And a huge tax cut for the rich at the end. They just can't stop themselves can they. Don't give a stuff about people struggling as long as their donors are taken care of

periodictabledancer

They're not claiming "trickle down " effect any more (pretty obviously it never worked given Thatcher started it in 1979 and look where it's got us). 

It's now being claimed the tax cuts are to stave  off a (worse) recession , which the BoE says may have already happened - and the media hasn't batted an eyelid about that. 

So while the BoE raises interest rates to stifle domestic demand, Truss/Kwarteng are stoking it with tax cuts.

Absolute insanity. 

Unionists will love it though - cos "tax cuts".  

Meanwhile people are routinely extending their mortgages for another 3/4/5 years because they can no longer afford soaring food prices/rampant utility profiteering/ soaring interest rates. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

Interest rises - good for banks

Stamp Duty cuts - good for mortgage lenders ie banks

NI cuts - good for workers but particularly good for well paid workers ie bankers

Remove restriction on bankers bonuses? - Good for bankers.

I see a pattern...

Edited by Spellczech

Just now, Spellczech said:

NI cuts - good workers but particularly good for well paid workers ie bankers

Remove restirction on bankers bonuses? - Good for bankers.

I see a pattern...

BOOM!!!

6 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Where does that benevolence come from though?  Has it come from bonus payments?  Is paying a banker or anyone else whose business is doing well a bonus, wrong?   I would imagine the bonus is paid from profits.   

I worked on the factory floor and if our business made a reasonable profit, we got a bonus.

As for morals.  As the German writer Friedrich von Schlege said:

"Where there is politics or economics, there is no morality."

No government will be any different.  Even communism, where everyone is equal, there will be many who are 'more equal' than others.

If only every every politician was as honest and moral as our Snp politicians.  They are a beacon, a shining light of morality and competence.

I meant James Anderson's benevolence. He uses his wealth for the betterment of others whereas the bankers bonuses will be to better themselves.

Westminster set the benchmark for politics in the UK! Let's get out of it and get some sort of constitution or framework where politicians can be held more accountable. 

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

NI cuts - good for workers but particularly good for well paid workers ie bankers

I see a pattern...

ibuprofen - good for head knocks. 

Thats some stretch Spellczech. 

21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

ibuprofen - good for head knocks. 

Thats some stretch Spellczech. 

What are you talking about? Truss has said that she is all about growing business. In UK Financial Services is the biggest sector. In FS Banking is the biggest sub-sector. Ergo she is doing everything she can for banks and bankers and sod everyone else.

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What are you talking about? Truss has said that she is all about growing business. In UK Financial Services is the biggest sector. In FS Banking is the biggest sub-sector. Ergo she is doing everything she can for banks and bankers and sod everyone else.

NI cuts - good for banks ? **** off 😂

Well I don’t work in a bank and I’m gaining from the budget, I won’t be alone in that so your sod everyone else is clearly bollox. 

You’ve dumbed down for the crowd Spellczech. 😢

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I see a pattern...

Next you'll be telling me Kwasi Kwarteng was a banker before he became a politician..............

That thing you do
21 hours ago, Cade said:

Officially in recession tae

:turmoil:

On paper. Whats coming is a depression. Maybe not quite 1929 again but pain will be felt next few years. My opinion.

I also expect as the economic reality comes home that the next concern will be war as they always seems to arrive when the economic outlook is dire. 

22 minutes ago, Dazo said:

NI cuts - good for banks ? **** off 😂

Well I don’t work in a bank and I’m gaining from the budget, I won’t be alone in that so your sod everyone else is clearly bollox. 

You’ve dumbed down for the crowd Spellczech. 😢

? It didn't say "good for banks"...Your comprehension skills are lowsy.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

? It didn't say "good for banks"...Your comprehension skills are lowsy.

I’ve been told worse. No it didn’t but your whole post did, why mention it ? It’s ****all to do with banks. 

Just now, Dazo said:

I’ve been told worse. No it didn’t but your whole post did, why mention it ? It’s ****all to do with banks. 

It says why? It is only one sentence - how can I possibly clarify for you? Unsure where this is going but that is now 3 posts you're made about failing to understand a single sentence in your native language...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It says why? It is only one sentence - how can I possibly clarify for you? Unsure where this is going but that is now 3 posts you're made about failing to understand a single sentence in your native language...

It’s going in circles maybe that’s part of the pattern you see. Take NI out and you can look at your pattern all day long. 😊

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yep the cut is pretty meaningless to the poorest. A few quid to those in the middle though. 

Oh thank god for that. They need it most. Waitrose will be relieved. 

45 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It’s going in circles maybe that’s part of the pattern you see. Take NI out and you can look at your pattern all day long. 😊

Why? the average base salary in banking (not just Investment banking) is 42k. There is unlikely to be any sector paying more NI over to the Govt than banking)

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh thank god for that. They need it most. Waitrose will be relieved. 

Obviously the don’t need it most but a group of taxpayers often overlooked by any flavour of government. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Obviously the don’t need it most but a group of taxpayers often overlooked by any flavour of government. 

Unless you earn over £155,000 today's mini budget means you'll be earned off. 

Source? The IFS

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Unless you earn over £155,000 today's mini budget means you'll be earned off. 

Source? The IFS

Or move to England, you don’t need to earn anywhere near that to appreciate the Tax and national insurance difference. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Or move to England, you don’t need to earn anywhere near that to appreciate the Tax and national insurance difference. 

dobmisterdobster
37 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Britain is heading back to 1750

Because we cut some taxes? I don't know how Singapore or Hong Kong manage.

31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Please do.

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Because we cut some taxes? I don't know how Singapore or Hong Kong manage.

Because we cut taxes for some. 

I'll hazard a guess at the apparent prosperity of the other two is probably down to not having a Conservative government hell bent on trashing their economies?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, briever said:

Tory scum in Scotland - please move to England, you know it makes sense.

That can't be right?

One of the walking brain dead on the other thread was telling us he's down 300 a month in Scotland and he's going to buy Newcastle with it or some such wibble

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

@jack D and cokeI don't know what it's about, but The Labour files(Tv show last night) is what they want Starmer gone for 

Starmer is a plant - the most hopeless corrupt and incompetent Tory govts for the last 3yrs and he's not laid a glove on them.  

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That can't be right?

One of the walking brain dead on the other thread was telling us he's down 300 a month in Scotland and he's going to buy Newcastle with it or some such wibble

Billly big baws isn't on as much as he'd like us to think he is.