Liz Truss

Roxy Hearts

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This isn't the X Factor or BGT where you need to have a tragic backstory.

Why have a tragic back story when you deliver a dismal forward story for millions?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• briever

• periodictabledancer

41 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Probably about time we moved on from the Johnson thread and gave this fine lady pride of place on the JKB "let's turn the subject round to Scottish Independence" platform.

Her first PMQs today and one thing that was noticeable is that she can't keep up her new practised voice for very long. She was very quickly into her Jan Ravens "I KNOOOW!" persona. Other than that, no attempt to answer any questions as they were set except for the softballs from her own back bench. I reckon she was just frothing at the gash to be sitting in that seat for the day - nothing else matters to her.

No attempt to answer any questions ? 😂

You’ve had a head knock IP. 

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

She's just another big corp Tory puppet. Scotland will be rid of them soon enough.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

One thing is the dishonesty about her background and upbringing. She says she had things tough but lived in the wealthiest areas of both Paisley and Leeds. 

A wealthy area in Paisley ?  Never ? :) 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

She's just another big corp Tory puppet. Scotland will be rid of them soon enough.

That may be the case but she did answer everything chucked at her. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This isn't the X Factor or BGT where you need to have a tragic backstory.

She's the one playing fast and loose with the facts about her upbringing and education to give the impression of a poor girl made good.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

That's as may be but simply saying a bunch of words after a question has been asked does not constitute an answer. 

If you really believe she answered questions, you are no more clever than she is. She learnt the craft at the knee/helmet of her master, johnson.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's as may be but simply saying a bunch of words after a question has been asked does not constitute an answer. 

If you really believe she answered questions, you are no more clever than she is. She learnt the craft at the knee/helmet of her master, johnson.

Cool, we’ll chat again once the mushrooms have worn off. 👍

19 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

This is the correct response to the energy crisis imo

People in the uk aren’t energy saving ? Madness if not. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

She might be on early impressions be the most honest Tory leader in a long time. 

Setting out low tax, encourage the rich to create wealth, otherwise socially right wing. 

Cameron and Johnson spent most of their time being dishonest trying to be too many things to too many people and often doing the opposite of their supposed principles, Cameron abandoning green policies and Johnson taxing higher than any Labour Government among other things. 

Edited by Mikey1874

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Cool, we’ll chat again once the mushrooms have worn off. 👍

When that happens, I shall be lucid, rational and coherent. You, on the other hand, will still be just as you are. :D

33 minutes ago, Dazo said:

People in the uk aren’t energy saving ? Madness if not. 

European countries moved quickly to reduce state and local municipal consumption,  as well as mounting public awareness campaigns to encourage less individual demand.  We did nothing here.  There was no government making any decisions.  In fact,  official 'government' policy was actually stated to be that they did not support intervening on personal choice in the matter.  

Reducing demand is an excellent idea.  For once the ideological tunnel vision should have been set aside in order to inform people of best practice.  Instead of the counter productive obsession about minimal state intervention.

Edited by Victorian

maroonlegions
On 23/07/2022 at 08:38, Horatio Caine said:

Desperate for his hole type post IMO

And taste in women. I mean birds of a feather flock together. He is not  very bright or aware, hence his attraction to her.

:rofl::Stupid_Heads_by_Vir:facepalm: 

manaliveits105

Great first day for the Prime Minister looking forward to her energy assistance proposals tomorrow  

our resident comrades are aw oor the place like Starmer and Blackford 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Great first day for the Prime Minister looking forward to her energy assistance proposals tomorrow  

The rich getting their champagne orders ready. 

16 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Simple..   front-bench politician so must be a liar.

Do not trust any of them

ftfy 👍

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Looks like the markets have made an early decision on Truss and her plans

Out of all the factors which influence the movement of  financial market indices & exchange rates,  Truss's PMQ  waffle is likely to be way down the  list in terms of  importance.   

The Truss Plan:

Borrow £130billion.

Give it to businesses and households, who have to give it directly to the energy companies.

Public purse subsidising corporate greed and saddling the taxpayer with even more billions to pay back on top of the already record high national debt.

All the while, shareholders are rolling around in bedding made of banknotes.

:munny:

Edited by Cade

She'll be a disaster like the previous 3 Tory incumbents. The PM job is the political equivalent of Man Utd's pre ten Haag.

She'll be under pressure by Christmas.

She has to sort the energy crisis. I doubt she will.

She needs to sort the N.Ireland protocol where International law is on the side of the EU otherwise N.Ireland doesn't have a functioning government. 

Inflation is still through the roof. There'll be more strikes over pay and conditions that her and her like don't give a **** about. 

She's also got Ukraine to deal with and a mad man with 4,000 Nukes approaching the end game.

Boris is popular in little Ingurlund and won't go away. The Tory backbenchers will undermine her. She's ****ed. She's just another Theresa May patsy that's been stuck in to take the flak until it blows over then we'll be onto the next cabbage. 

20 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Can someone tell me why we can't raid the tax heavens??

They're foreign states, it would be an act of war!

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

When I say raid I mean obtain the money back..no war ships or violence 😃

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Aren't some places like British Virgin Islands and Channel Islands still a dependency?

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Out of all the factors which influence the movement of  financial market indices & exchange rates,  Truss's PMQ  waffle is likely to be way down the  list in terms of  importance.   

It's not though.

she's looking at lumping £150bn onto the public debt. 

The last published debt interest payment for the UK was June and that was £19,4bn just for June.

Add another £150bn onto the top line and we'll be looking at debt interest payments of £22-25bn a month. 

Every time interest rates go up guess what? our debt payments go up.

The markets have looked at that and currently view the UK as a bin fire economy. 

There's no real plan for economic growth because we put economic sanctions on ourselves.

She's no idea what she's doing and she's surrounded herself with the disaster capitalists that brought you Brexit. 

10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

When that happens, I shall be lucid, rational and coherent. You, on the other hand, will still be just as you are. :D

Think you are overestimating the power of drugs IP and underestimating what it’s like to be me. 😊

Maybe her idiocy lowered my expectations but for her first outing I thought she done okay. What questions was it you think she didn’t answer ?

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95224aef2fbfe494df1b

Not quite.

https://bvi.gov.vg/content/about-territory#:~:text=British Virgin Islanders are classed,of the EU as well.

British Virgin Islanders are classed as British Overseas Territories citizens and since 2002 have had full British citizenship. Although the territory is not part of the European Union and not directly subject to EU laws, its citizens are deemed to be citizens of the EU as well.

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not quite.

https://bvi.gov.vg/content/about-territory#:~:text=British Virgin Islanders are classed,of the EU as well.

British Virgin Islanders are classed as British Overseas Territories citizens and since 2002 have had full British citizenship. Although the territory is not part of the European Union and not directly subject to EU laws, its citizens are deemed to be citizens of the EU as well.

That's not what I meant. I meant the monies 😂

Ainsley Harriott
10 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I liked PMQs when Blackford decided to ask the same question that Starmer asked 3 minutes earlier. Not sure if he was sleeping or just incapable of thinking up his own.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's not though.

she's looking at lumping £150bn onto the public debt. 

The last published debt interest payment for the UK was June and that was £19,4bn just for June.

Add another £150bn onto the top line and we'll be looking at debt interest payments of £22-25bn a month. 

Every time interest rates go up guess what? our debt payments go up.

The markets have looked at that and currently view the UK as a bin fire economy. 

There's no real plan for economic growth because we put economic sanctions on ourselves.

She's no idea what she's doing and she's surrounded herself with the disaster capitalists that brought you Brexit. 

Were you not one that was wanting public help from the government? She borrows money to provide it now your not happy the national debt is increasing.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

That's not what I meant. I meant the monies 😂

They could step in to all such territories and give the HMRC access to the banks.

Of course the tax dodgers will move their money somewhere else.

The Mighty Thor
59 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Were you not one that was wanting public help from the government? She borrows money to provide it now your not happy the national debt is increasing.

No I most certainly wasn't. Do try to keep up. 

I want the energy price capped and the burden of that fired right back on to the greedy ***** that are going to lift £170bn in EXTRA profits from this shitshow, while Thick Lizzy wants you and me to pay for it over 20 years. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I liked PMQs when Blackford decided to ask the same question that Starmer asked 3 minutes earlier. Not sure if he was sleeping or just incapable of thinking up his own.

Hibsed it - copy someone else and claim you were first 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

They could step in to all such territories and give the HMRC access to the banks.

Of course the tax dodgers will move their money somewhere else.

:Agree:

22 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Any worms on here that can find out what Truss’s share holding is in Shell. Her ex employer.

It's a good question. She might need to declare it since she's helping the Shell share price.