****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Ofcourse it gives all with. A GRc easier access to women  . Some of those will have ulterior motives to acquire one . She’s either just plain lying or deluded 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

He didn't say "all" transpeople in every post, obviously "some" was meant but I suspect you new that.

How about answering the questions you've been asked?

I know exactly what he meant. If he meant some he'd have said that. It's what people in the organisation he donates to do all the time. He's spent months on this thread doing it. 

I've answered them 👍

19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Deluded. 

Fantasy

Cult. 

These are the words that Judy/James has used about trans people. At no point did he use the word "some" 

How’s the neice getting on ? Hope she has a healthy girl or boy ! 👍

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

He didn't say "all" transpeople in every post, obviously "some" was meant but I suspect you new that.

How about answering the questions you've been asked?

Deflection again from him . 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I know exactly what he meant. If he meant some he'd have said that. It's what people in the organisation he donates to do all the time. He's spent months on this thread doing it. 

I've answered them 👍

Wrong on both counts but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

Why won't you answer? I'm genuinely interested why you just won't answer two very simple questions.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I've answered them 👍

No you haven’t 

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Why won't you answer? I'm genuinely interested why you just won't answer two very simple questions.

I have donated £25 to LGB but now I donate “ all the time “ lol twisting words again 

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I've answered them 👍

Do you think all people who disagree with you and who want to see men kept out of women only spaces are transphobic?

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

If he meant some he'd have said some. It's a smear tactic. He believes trans people are deluded, living a fantasy and are part of a cult. His words not mine. The fact you are defending him speaks volumes. 

I've answered them. 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do you think all people who disagree with you and who want to see men kept out of women only spaces are transphobic?

Nice way to twist the original question. Good luck getting an answer. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

If he meant some he'd have said some. It's a smear tactic. He believes trans people are deluded, living a fantasy and are part of a cult. His words not mine. The fact you are defending him speaks volumes. 

I've answered them. 

I'm defending no one, I'm pointing out the obvious flaws in your argument and the fact that you flatly refuse to answer 2 simple questions that are at the crux of the argument speaks volumes about you. Now answer the questions or at least say why you refuse to.

26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I find it ridiculous that someone can call someone else "Transphobic" then threatened to block another when asked a question and being accused of "cross examination" AND then say that you should be "called out" talk about hypocrisy!

He’s usually a good debater ! 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I've answered them. 

You haven’t 

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Nice way to twist the original question. Good luck getting an answer. 

I thought I'd try coming from a different angle but I suspect he'll just avoid answering again.......and again......

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm defending no one, I'm pointing out the obvious flaws in your argument and the fact that you flatly refuse to answer 2 simple questions that are at the crux of the argument speaks volumes about you. Now answer the questions or at least say why you refuse to.

4 questions now really . I could ask more but busy just now 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I've answered them 👍

We do have a tendency to generalise .

In the same way you can refer to Russians at the moment  wrt Ukraine .

of course it doesn’t mean them all, but pedantry is useful for some.

Of course being a single homogenous group is useful to give you the numbers to affect change - even in the trans debate, but of course not all trans agree with these reforms , and nobody even talks about trans men- and nobody would stop them from doing whatever they want.

Because they are no issue.

Never have been and never will be- as this is a debate about male sexual violence at its core, and how to protect women from it best.

not all men are rapists ( though some forget this #metoo , and not all transwomen are rapists or even female attracted.

So we are dealing with a subset who should have this notion paused for a while.

Oh, and vulnerable children- the trans kids- can we not remember them please ?

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s usually a good debater ! 

Sometimes he is but there seems to be something I'm not getting here, why do a few posters come on here and call people transphobic but refuses to answer a couple of simple questions when asked, why?

3 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Of course being a single homogenous group is useful to give you the numbers to affect change - even in the trans debate, but of course not all trans agree with these reforms , and nobody even talks about trans men- and nobody would stop them from doing whatever they want.

Never have been and never will be- as this is a debate about male sexual violence at its core, and how to protect women from it best.

not all men are rapists ( though some forget this #metoo , and not all transwomen are rapists or even female attracted.

Fair post.

Thunder and Lightning
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I thought I'd try coming from a different angle but I suspect he'll just avoid answering again.......and again......

Perhaps he can quote the posts he made in which he answered your questions, or 'some' of them.

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Perhaps he can quote the posts he made in which he answered your questions, or 'some' of them.

Yep, fair enough.

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Ked said:

The same is true vice versa.

If you oppose this bill it equates to trans phobia.

I'm not suggesting that opposing the bill equates to transphobia. My only personal experience of militancy on this issue however has come from this forum. 

I have however read a comment on here today though that I find quite disturbing on a number of levels. Somebody found it funny. I don't and I dont think the content and tone of the debate is doing anyone any favours. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s the children who are vulnerable which is incredibly worrying . Children given puberty blockers , Breast binders , not allowed counselling to discuss their issues . 

3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't say your comment was a about me, it was a question to you.

So you're another one who throws about accusations of "transphobe" but refuses to answer two simple questions, will you answer my two points?

I did. There are safeguards in place regarding your first point. And rules in place in sport regarding your second point. And, in Judy's case, he is most definitely a transphobe.

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Yes I’d like to see that too 

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I did. There are safeguards in place regarding your first point. And rules in place in sport regarding your second point. And, in Judy's case, he is most definitely a transphobe.

Go for it . Keep repeating it . Some wiil believe it , but sensible posters who note the nuances of my postings will get  my views . You can’t . I really don’t think you understand any of the debate . I’m being polite so please respect that and answer accordingly , or even better don’t answer 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

But none of the first two points is your opinion and your last one is only your opinion, why can't you say whether or not YOU THINK men should be allowed into women only spaces or men compete against women in women only sports, I'm not asking about safeguards and rules from other people, what do you think?

Lord Montpelier
16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But none of the first two points is your opinion and your last one is only your opinion, why can't you say whether or not YOU THINK men should be allowed into women only spaces or men compete against women in women only sports, I'm not asking about safeguards and rules from other people, what do you think?

@XB52thinks whatever Nicola Sturgeon thinks. 

28 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think that anyone who transitions to another sex/gender should be allowed to live as that new sex/gender. In sports there should be, as there already is, rules on the levels of testosterone of an athlete to ensure a level playing field.

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

@XB52thinks whatever Nicola Sturgeon thinks. 

And the labour party and the Liberal Party. While you just think whatever you are told to think by the Daily Mail

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I think that anyone who transitions to another sex/gender should be allowed to live as that new sex/gender. In sports there should be, as there already is, rules on the levels of testosterone of an athlete to ensure a level playing field.

Thanks, it wasn't hard was it!

I'd agree with you, once full transition has has been achieved I'd say that person should then be allowed to live as the sex they have become (in my opinion no one can actually change sex but for the sake of argument lets say they have) and use women / men only spaces. 

I don't think anyone who has gone through puberty as a male should be allowed to compete against women in sports, and I don't mean darts I mean swimming, rugby, football, boxing, wrestling or the like.

Edited by Dawnrazor

Thunder and Lightning
12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Folk tossing out ‘transphobe’ as if it were an insult. 

Why do people hate trains? Is it cos they are on strike? 

The bill didn’t go far enough in my opinion. Anyone who applies for a gender recognition certificate should be given free gender reassignment surgery within two years otherwise the certificate becomes null and void. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The bill didn’t go far enough in my opinion. Anyone who applies for a gender recognition certificate should be given free gender reassignment surgery within two years otherwise the certificate becomes null and void. 

Not a bad idea really!

Jeffros Furios
32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Anyway, thankfully the vote has passed, despite the pathetic antics of the tory party so I'll leave you all to it

Have you engaged with any trans when in the Turkish baths big guy ? 

48 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Folk tossing out ‘transphobe’ as if it were an insult. 

;) 

41 minutes ago, jonesy said:

So you can be sure enough that you were assigned the wrong gender at birth/by nature to be allowed to change it because of how you feel, but you can then change it back again at any point? 

How the feck does that make sense to anyone with half a brain?

Be better off just doing away with all distinction altogether and abolishing the terms male and female given how little they mean? 

Good idea 

40 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thanks, it wasn't hard was it!

I'd agree with you, once full transition has has been achieved I'd say that person should then be allowed to live as the sex they have become (in my opinion no one can actually change sex but for the sake of argument lets say they have) and use women / men only spaces. 

I don't think anyone who has gone through puberty as a male should be allowed to compete against women in sports, and I don't mean darts I mean swimming, rugby, football, boxing, wrestling or the like.

Most females  would have no issue with a fully transed person entering their safe spaces i believe. 

34 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Actualy not a bad idea.  Maybe the idea of getting their " men" bits lobbed off isn't so attractive then. ? 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Perhaps the SNP will say that the Bill self-identifies as a Law and that it, therefore, has already passed?

They will say anything so really best ignored completely. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The question of course is, why would the UK government block a bill passed by the Scottish Parliament?

That sets a very dangerous precedent. 

I do agree it sets a precedent but unsure if dangerous. After all the UK Govt is there to protect all its citizens from potential harm i feel 

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The question of course is, why would the UK government block a bill passed by the Scottish Parliament?

That sets a very dangerous precedent. 

To be honest Thor I think its a desperate measure from the anti Self ID bill but I understand their feelings and frustrations. My thoughts are it has been passed and hopefully is repealed or greatly amended in due course in the Scottish Parliament. 

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I do agree it sets a precedent but unsure if dangerous. After all the UK Govt is there to protect all its citizens from potential harm i feel 

With respect it's not their call. 

The representatives of the Scottish people have debated and the voted on it.  

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

To be honest Thor I think its a desperate measure from the anti Self ID bill but I understand their feelings and frustrations. My thoughts are it has been passed and hopefully is repealed or greatly amended in due course in the Scottish Parliament. 

That's democratic process. If the bill needs amended then it will be raised, debated then voted on. 

What cannot happen is that shitshow of a government over-ruling our parliament. 

If this went to a public vote I do not believe it would be passed. Sturgeon showed her colours when she dismissed womens concerns as 'not valid' as far as I'm concerned. This bill was being passed by hell or highwater. I think the Conservatives amendments were all common sense features that would have brought in safeguards and prohibited sex offenders from weaponising self ID. Quite how any responsible politician could vote against an amendment which could prevent sex offenders misusing this legislation is breath-taking. Additionally, the amendment which would have allowed distransition data to be gathered, again seemed to me to be another example of how tunnelvisioned the SNP have gotten with this. If trans people account for less than 1% of the population, what is the rate of people who then detransition? Capturing data of such a small proportion of the population is surely on a common sense level essential to creating safeguards and improving the quality of care to ensure that those that do fully transition are entirely committed and there is no 'buyers remorse' for lack of a better term. These are obviously life changing decisions and you want to have every safety net imaginable within your process so some teenager doesn't wreck their body chasing some ideal they end up not actually really wanting.. 

I'm also deeply disappointed that the block Independence vote has been utilised to push through a bill which wouldn't otherwise even be considered on its own merits. I vote SNP for Independence, not... this. For those that would argue 'well it was in the manifesto', so was a national energy company and we never got that. It also didn't specify that it would not be a free vote. It feels very underhanded. 

I think Maggie Chapman has came across as an unhinged lunatic and I sincerely hope that her constituents think twice next time. On the flip side Ash Regan has given an excellent account of herself and I think she's shown integrity, which cannot be said for the cowards that allowed themselves to be whipped into voting for a bill they did not believe in or had serious misgivings of. 

If anyone wants a depressing laugh, find the Karen Adam interview with Nick Robinson, she cannot defend her position and retreats behind 'most consulted bill in Scottish Parliament history' etc. I don't think it can be considered consulted when one side is entirely ignored and demonised. Hell, a UN rep specifically dealing with violence against women expressed concerns and was ignored :D Genuinely a farce. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

With respect it's not their call. 

The representatives of the Scottish people have debated and the voted on it.  

That's democratic process. If the bill needs amended then it will be raised, debated then voted on. 

What cannot happen is that shitshow of a government over-ruling our parliament. 

👍

i wish jj was my dad
37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes please make it happen. Let adults make safeguarding decisions

Not quite how democracy is supposed to work in this country. I'd be surprised if even that lot tried to pull a stroke like that.