****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

So, if someone doesn’t agree with said poster and offers a reasonable response adding to the evidence around elements of the topic then they’re wrong, woke and a militant minority view, is that right?! 🤣 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

Ok I’ll give a little bit more consideration to any person on this who regularly haas a difference of opinion with me regarding the trans / self ID issue if they can answer this question ? When I say answer it , I mean truthfully , obviously . 

What is a woman ? 

16 minutes ago, FJT said:

So, if someone doesn’t agree with said poster and offers a reasonable response adding to the evidence around elements of the topic then they’re wrong, woke and a militant minority view, is that right?! 🤣 

They are misguided. Trying to appease others feelings , to “ be nice “ or even worse to “ be viewed as being nice “ . Sorry but in the real world some  feelings do get hurt when truth , fact and biology come into the mix . 

541DE884-18D7-4F85-BE73-163C12AAFC60.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, that Robyn Woof is a big, screaming jessie with questionable debating skills and long hair. 

Makes him a woman in my book.

Unfortunately For him , and I do hope he isn’t a member of kickback as I never want to hurt Anyones feelings , well deliberately . , I’ve got news for him . He’s not a woman . 

BBFD84E1-4CDD-4031-8DC8-0E91ACF22EE9.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

You know this is what the self ID bill and much of the trans debate is about , not hurting peoples feelings . That’s how it all started . People initially thinking , what a load of bullocks but then it got serious . Someone started to believe that fiction was fact , lies over reality and pseudo “ science “ over fact . And now we are where we are . Im

not arguing it’s ok to hurt peoples feelings , more about giving people. Reality check . 

“ the road to hell is paved with good intentions “ 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They are misguided. Trying to appease others feelings , to “ be nice “ or even worse to “ be viewed as being nice “ . Sorry but in the real world some  feelings do get hurt when truth , fact and biology come into the mix . 

541DE884-18D7-4F85-BE73-163C12AAFC60.jpeg

What if it’s not about ‘trying’ to be or wanting to ‘appear’ nice and just actually being a nice, empathetic person.  

If the world wasn’t mostly populated by nice, empathetic people and we didn’t take other people’s feelings into account then black people would still be sitting at the back of buses and homosexuality would still be illegal.

i wish jj was my dad
50 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The fact is people can’t change sex . That’s the fact . There is no “ argument” 

I'm not close enough to the issue to have particularly strong views but what I have seen is Uly demolish your assertion that the changes proposed will make Scotland much less safe for women. He has pointed to the Irish experience to challenge your assertion and invited a constructive response. You have failed to do that. 

Posting claims, images and articles from people who share your views - which seem pretty intolerant and inflammatory to me - are not going to win folk over. 

From my admitted position of ignorance you are coming across as every bit as militant and dangerous as the people you are attacking. I am sure that is not your intention or perception but that us how I am reading it.

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

jessie

Careful. I’ve seen others labelled as homophobic for using that phrase. Seems to depend on the poster though tbf.

4 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

What if it’s not about ‘trying’ to be or wanting to ‘appear’ nice and just actually being a nice, empathetic person.  

If the world wasn’t mostly populated by nice, empathetic people and we didn’t take other people’s feelings into account then black people would still be sitting at the back of buses and homosexuality would still be illegal.

Yeah but black peoples or gays don’t want to take away rights from another group do they ? Ahyway 

what is a woman ? 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm not close enough to the issue to have particularly strong views but what I have seen is Uly demolish your assertion that the changes proposed will make Scotland much less safe for women. He has pointed to the Irish experience to challenge your assertion and invited a constructive response. You have failed to do that. 

Posting claims, images and articles from people who share your views - which seem pretty intolerant and inflammatory to me - are not going to win folk over. 

From my admitted position of ignorance you are coming across as every bit as militant and dangerous as the people you are attacking. I am sure that is not your intention or perception but that us how I am reading it.

There is no argument . Hence not responding to it 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yeah but black peoples of gays don’t want to take away rights from another group do they ? 

Racists and homophobes would disagree. 

Just now, jonesy said:

2112142100_Screenshot2022-12-19at09_48_48.png.67184b1f46a4853ac2b66cec4069a11a.png

Nothing in the Collins dictionary about it being about sexuality, JB, but point taken.

Difference is I know your not a homophobe

5 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Racists and homophobes would disagree. 

Like I said black people and gays do not want to take away or impinge on other rights do they ? 

Just now, jonesy said:

TBF, I've got a massive fear of getting rattled up and down the place by Julian Clary. 

Same here ! Not my type . 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

2112142100_Screenshot2022-12-19at09_48_48.png.67184b1f46a4853ac2b66cec4069a11a.png

Nothing in the Collins dictionary about it being about sexuality, JB, but point taken.

No worries. So easy to be labelled a homophobe on here 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Like I said black people and gays do not want to take away or impinge on other rights do they ? 

That’s not how homophobes and racists felt/feel.

15 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

No worries. So easy to be labelled a homophobe on here 👍🏻

Surprised you didn’t call him out yourself then , your usually Mr Right on about such issues. Interesting . I suppose your careful who you pick your fights with I guess . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Just now, jonesy said:

Homophobe. 

Oh. 

No I’m just a “ man’s man “ ( so I’ve been told ) 😂😎

i wish jj was my dad
23 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There is no argument . Hence not responding to it 

So why are you posting your views on an Internet forum if people aren't allowed to disagree with you? 

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Surprised you didn’t call him out yourself then , your usually Mr Right on about such issues. Interesting . I suppose your careful who you pick your fights with I guess . 

I tend not to throw the homophobia card about whenever it suits me. I leave that to others 😉

Just now, JimBett365 said:

I tend not to throw the homophobia card about whenever it suits me. I leave that to others 😉

No you should always been consistent Jim ! Come on . I already said Jonesy isn’t a homophobe hence no challenge from me . His intention was humorous . 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No you should always been consistent Jim ! Come on . I already said Jonesy isn’t a homophobe hence no challenge from me . His intention was humorous . 

No I honestly couldn’t do as good a job as you do. I’d miss half the instances of homophobia for a start. For example people making comments about drugs or age differences in relationships. I’d naturally assume they were actually talking about drugs and age differences and not recognise their posts were simply a vehicle for blatant homophobia. We need your expertise.

As Carly Simon sang: nobody does it better, baby you’re the best. 👍🏻

Well Since a few posters haven’t got the balls or the integrity to answer my question , here it is , 

343607B6-BEB3-4459-A0DA-DA7B6B8EC65C.png

8 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

No I honestly couldn’t do as good a job as you do. I’d miss half the instances of homophobia for a start. For example people making comments about drugs or age differences in relationships. I’d naturally assume they were actually talking about drugs and age differences and not recognise their posts were simply a vehicle for blatant homophobia. We need your expertise.

As Carly Simon sang: nobody does it better, baby you’re the best. 👍🏻

Making light of homophobia Disgraceful really . You of all people too 

This is the text under what JJJ posted but chose to leave out. You can agree or disagree with it but I think it's only fair to point it out. 

Screenshot_20221219_103518_com.android.chrome_edit_299209578394448.jpg

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This is the text under what JJJ posted but chose to leave out. You can agree or disagree with it but I think it's only fair to point it out. 

No one is “ assigned “ sex At birth . Ffs . These arguments have been done to death on this forum and ripped to shreds. No one can change sex . No one . And they never will . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Well if you agree with that your off your rocker . No one is “ assigned “ sex At birth . Ffs . These arguments have been done to death on this forum and ripped to shreds. No one can change sex . No one . And they never will . 

You asked for a definition. It's a dictionary definition. Is Judge Lady Haldane off her rocker? Or maybe she didn't read your posts before reaching her judgement last week. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

You asked for a definition. It's a dictionary definition. Is Judge Lady Haldane off her rocker? Or maybe she didn't read your posts before reaching her judgement last week. 

It’s one dictionary definition. Others have not followed this madness . I don’t lady haldane but judges do get things wrong you know . That’ll be decided by the Supreme Court anyway 

It’s one dictionary definition. Others have not followed this madness . I don’t lady haldane but judges do get things wrong you know . That’ll be decided by the Supreme Court anyway 

Let's face it, you asked for a definition. I gave you two sources and you have just discounted them both because you didn't agree with the answer. It's like a child sticking their fingers in their ears. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Let's face it, you asked for a definition. I gave you two sources and you have just discounted them both because you didn't agree with the answer. It's like a child sticking their fingers in their ears. 

You can’t honestly believe that can you ? Come on be honest . 

20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Making light of homophobia Disgraceful really . You of all people too 

Some might argue that constantly claiming homophobia exists where it doesn’t is making light of it. :whistling:

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:levein_interesting:

3 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Some might argue that constantly claiming homophobia exists where it doesn’t is making light of it. :whistling:

:levein_interesting:

You  would say that on both counts your s straight man 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Yeah but you can prove anything with facts. 🤪

You can’t honestly believe that can you ? Come on be honest . 

You asked for a definition. I gave you a dictionary definition and a definition in law from the country you live in. 

18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Yes but what is a woman then? How do you identify as one ? I’d like to know . 

Toy would say that on both counts your s straight man 

I’m not black either but I’m sure I could quickly identify when someone is being racist. On a number of occasions I’ve seen you shout “homophobia” when there was absolutely none present. It’s less to do with the fact you’re gay and more to do with the fact you think everything everyone posts is about your sexuality when most (if not all) of us couldn’t give a monkeys whether you’re gay, straight, bi or an alien entity. 

1 minute ago, JimBett365 said:

I’m not black either but I’m sure I could quickly identify when someone is being racist. On a number of occasions I’ve seen you shout “homophobia” when there was absolutely none present. It’s less to do with the fact you’re gay and more to do with the fact you think everything everyone posts is about your sexuality when most (if not all) of us couldn’t give a monkeys whether you’re gay, straight, bi or an alien entity. 

Hence the reason your not able to note even the most subtle homophobia such as the other day regarding “ eastenders”

characters . I am , 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

200w.gif

Aye they are out in force today it seems. Complicit in their contempt for women and girls safety really . 

Dick Dastardly

Aye they are out in force today it seems. Complicit in their contempt for women and girls safety really . 

I agree with them. 

Joke... I don't really give that much of a **** but this is an enthralling thread anyway

19 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Hello from planet sequin 😂😂

45 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hence the reason your not able to note even the most subtle homophobia such as the other day regarding “ eastenders”

characters . I am , 

Surely subtle homophobia, by it’s very definition, is hard to spot. 😄

13 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Surely subtle homophobia, by it’s very definition, is hard to spot. 😄

When you are gay and been brought up in the 1970s and 80s believe me you would know what homophobia is . I’m hyper vigilant to it , as most gays are . Sometimes for our own safety . Stop making a mockery of peoples lived experience of oppression and discrimination