****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Exactly mate. Just like folk who believe in the beardy bloke in the sky or whatever, folk can believe in what they want. Whether I should have to believe that they are a different sex/gender is surely on me, no? And having the freedom of conscience to say that in public, too.

👍 But there is a way to say it. 

I heard a good point. I don't disagree with transgender, I disagree with the SNP's definition of transgender.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I went to school with a lassie who has fully transed to be a man. If his kids, brother and the rest of the people who care for him, accept it, who am I to tell him they are wrong. 

The ID stuff is total bollox, made up and persued by weird, creepy men. Who should be investigated and their every move investigated. I have no doubt, that these same folk will push for the same freedoms for the evil on this planet. No doubt.

👍

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I heard a good point. I don't disagree with transgender, I disagree with the SNP's definition of transgender.

What’s the difference?

54 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I went to school with a lassie who has fully transed to be a man. If his kids, brother and the rest of the people who care for him, accept it, who am I to tell him they are wrong. 

The ID stuff is total bollox, made up and persued by weird, creepy men. Who should be investigated and their every move investigated. I have no doubt, that these same folk will push for the same freedoms for the evil on this planet. No doubt.

I find myself pretty much in agreement here. I know a few trans people, some transitioned for many years, some more recent. None of them have any resemblance to the bams that are making themselves the public face of it. Gender recognition and self ID are very different things, one is something that takes work, the other depends how you feel at the time. Sadly the bams are the ones seen now. 

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Gender recognition and self ID are very different things, one is something that takes work, the other depends how you feel at the time. 

Agree. They’re lumped together on that trans-crime website though so the distinction probably matters not a jot to transphobes.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Sadly the bams are the ones seen now. 

classic " those who shout the loudest " and all 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I know a few trans people,

One of my best friends in the mid 80s was a cross dresser .  Nowadays he would be lumped in as trans. I would go to clubs and pubs with him when he dressed in " female" attire.  He never once said or claimed to be a " woman"  He just liked the clothes and make up wigs etc.  No one really batted an eyelid. In fact he was very well known on the " gay scene" . 

Another more recent friend in the last few years is trans identified. " He" doesn't mind being referred to as " he".  He has had a boob job but kept the other bits. We were in a " straight " club one night and guy after guy chatted him up.   I was rather naïve about these things then and asked him " do they know your a guy ?  He said " oh yes they do !  :) The compelled ideology / speech of forcing me to believe fiction over fact is the issue here.

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

One of my best friends in the mid 80s was a cross dresser .  Nowadays he would be lumped in as trans. I would go to clubs and pubs with him when he dressed in " female" attire.  He never once said or claimed to be a " woman"  He just liked the clothes and make up wigs etc.  No one really batted an eyelid. In fact he was very well known on the " gay scene" . He used to say that one day i would be trans.

Another more recent friend in the last few years is trans identified. " He" doesn't mind being referred to as " he".  He has had a boob job but kept the other bits. We were in a " straight " club one night and guy after guy chatted him up.   I was rather naïve about these things then and asked him " do they know your a guy ?  He said " oh yes they do !  :) The compelled ideology / speech of forcing me to believe fiction over fact is the issue here.

Your second sentence is utter bollocks. 

1 hour ago, JimBett365 said:

Of course not. Anyone who discriminates against people because they believe in Allah is an Islamophobe though.

I don’t think there has been any discrimination though - has there?

No trans gender person has had their rights trampled on.

They have merely been told they do not meet the entry criteria for certain venues - as happens with all kinds of places / jobs/ schools etc.

it appears that the issue is not trans as such- trans men are no problem at all.

so is it partial transphobia ?

That people are only scared of the trans women?

Because that’s the truth of it- or are women genuinely concerned because trans women are genuinely scaring them, and if not - is this simply anti anything with a penis bigotry?

21 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I don’t think there has been any discrimination though - has there?

No trans gender person has had their rights trampled on.

They have merely been told they do not meet the entry criteria for certain venues - as happens with all kinds of places / jobs/ schools etc.

it appears that the issue is not trans as such- trans men are no problem at all.

so is it partial transphobia ?

That people are only scared of the trans women?

Because that’s the truth of it- or are women genuinely concerned because trans women are genuinely scaring them, and if not - is this simply anti anything with a penis bigotry?

The website posted earlier by JJJ was discriminatory. That’s why we started talking about discrimination. 

25 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Your second sentence is utter bollocks. 

I await JJJ’s response telling you he knows more about the subject than you 😂

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He had already been told that the site also notes self I’d crimes but he’s trying to shift the narrative as per usual . Similar to Mr Wolf from the other night there , wants to censor

So you’re anti-censorship, JJJ?

17 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

The website posted earlier by JJJ was discriminatory. That’s why we started talking about discrimination. 

You do need to be careful, it’s true - but the inverse also applies - where people fear to highlight something for fear of being branded a bigot.

49 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

fear to highlight something for fear of being branded a bigot.

that's why that militant mob are currently " winning the war"....not for long though. 

25 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Shameful how the SNP treated her. Threatening to sack her when she’d already resigned 😡

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

One of my best friends in the mid 80s was a cross dresser .  Nowadays he would be lumped in as trans. I would go to clubs and pubs with him when he dressed in " female" attire.  He never once said or claimed to be a " woman"  He just liked the clothes and make up wigs etc.  No one really batted an eyelid. In fact he was very well known on the " gay scene" . 

I bet you and your female pals use the same toilets.

16 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Awe nice positive ending for them . I recall the virulent homophobia about their storyline in the 1980s . I think Colin was a doctor and Barry a barrow boy ! 

Fictional Ofcourse but nice never the less

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/soaps/eastenders/eastenders-colin-russell-barry-clark-happy-ending-newsupdate/?fbclid=IwAR01yxt9X0kui2lMnoojmatPQ7cDyXQ0Nc7H2ZN_AIC6HdaH1N7kmKjp9B0

I'm surprised they're still together, wasn't the doctor just about old enough enough to be the young lad's Dad? 

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

I'm surprised they're still together, wasn't the doctor just about old enough enough to be the young lad's Dad? 

funnily enough that was also part of the homophobic slurs around that time too.  " oh disgusting he's old enough to his dad "   ( Angry Mr Gammon from Chelmsford on

" Points of view " )

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I bet you and your female pals use the same toilets.

and your point caller? 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

funnily enough that was also part of the homophobic slurs around that time too.  " oh disgusting he's old enough to his dad "   ( Angry Mr Gammon from Chelmsford on

" Points of view " )

I'm not sure why that's homophobic but I'm happy for you to enlighten me. 😊

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

why mention the age difference ? colin was only 10 / 15 years age difference . not that much really. hardly his " dad" 

3 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Just checked 15 years age difference.  almost the same as me and my first partner.  obviously he was the one older. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

why mention the age difference ? colin was only 10 / 15 years age difference . not that much really. hardly his " dad" 

Why not mention the age difference and why are you soooo defensive about it? 

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

why mention the age difference thats more the question? 

2 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

You know why you did. 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

why mention the age difference thats more the question? 

Right that's it, I'm out. A simple throwaway comment about the age difference between 2 fictional characters on a telly programme and you're full-on trying to victimise yourself again. 🙄

Good article 

"The dynamic between Elio and Oliver couldn't be more different. This isn't a grown man abusing an underdeveloped child. These are two young men who give in to their mutual attraction to each other. They're legal consenting adults. Nobody is being coerced. Nobody is being controlled. And nobody is trying to escape."  

Elio and Oliver could easily be Barry and Colin albeit are far more exotic and good looking :) 

The "Call Me By Your Name" Age Gap Controversy Is Rooted In Homophobia (theodysseyonline.com)

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But it wasnt. Have a good day. 

Think folk like to be obtuse on these things. There's that history of associating paedophilia and exploitation of young men with homosexuality and that clearly bleeds into a lot of the criticism. 

37 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Think folk like to be obtuse on these things. There's that history of associating paedophilia and exploitation of young men with homosexuality and that clearly bleeds into a lot of the criticism. 

Yep. He clearly didn't understand where i was coming from.  Maybe the article will help him if he cares to read it. 

Well I've just watched "More More More. How do you Lycett How do you Lycett. 

Bloody brilliant. Utter filth in parts, but really it's a fabulous story, via standup about taking a stance and doing good things. Yes, there are a few bits in it you will have seen on social media and even on Sunday morning television but it's so much more than that. 

100% recommend. 

(this is a positive lgbtq+ post, I know they are rare on here) 

(oh and if you have seen it don't post anything that will spoil it for folks) 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Is this the clown that did the £10000 publicity stunt re David Beckham having the gall to take a gig in a country with questionable human rights history (y'know, like every country in the world has)?

Nope, and are you saying Beckham shouldn't be called out for his hypocrisy? 

Dick Dastardly
22 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Think folk like to be obtuse on these things. There's that history of associating paedophilia and exploitation of young women with transgenderism and that clearly bleeds into a lot of the criticism. 

Would this not also be true then? 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry, getting my comedians mixed up.

I'm not bothered. Anyone influenced enough to visit Qatar because some retired footballer with a weird-looking wife smiles in front of a picture of a skyscraper has enough problems. Beckham doesn't need called out for anything.

Just because he was on the front of an LGB magazine doesn't mean he has to live the rest of his life tiptoeing around not offending people by the company he keeps.

You aren't getting your comedians mixed up. Attitude is an LGBTQ magazine btw, their description not mine. 

Let's not highlight anything ever again then. 

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Would this not also be true then? 

Dunno. I don't pay much attention to the whole transgender debate. Perhaps? 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

71DF6AZQcPL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Stabilo filing for bankruptcy in early 2023 :( 

I still don't get the beef. Is Beckham meant to check every promotion he ever does is okay with attention-seeking bisexual comedians?

Lycett is a person with a voice and a platform who uses it to highlight issues he cares about. That's not attention seeking. He consistently punches up rather than down. His new show highlights this perfectly. 

Lord Montpelier
30 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Lycett is a person with a voice and a platform who uses it to highlight issues he cares about. That's not attention seeking. He consistently punches up rather than down. His new show highlights this perfectly. 

Lycett is about as funny as a hibs derby win. If I were Beckham I'd be telling him to gtf. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Dunno. I don't pay much attention to the whole transgender debate. Perhaps? 

I don't pay much attention to it either but I've noticed it seems to be very similar to the whole attitude towards homosexuality from the past. I still know people that wont go into the toilets if they know there are gay folk in the pub ffs! 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I still know people that wont go into the toilets if they know there are gay folk in the pub ffs! 

That to me is daft, but different from a woman or girl not wanting to go to the toilet if they know a man is in there.