• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm there for six weeks next year 😬😬

We'll get used to it mate 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah it might be.  I have been back from Oz now for six years and to be honest I think we said thanks mate to everyone out of habit but you know, I cannot remember. 

Another downside to getting older😃

Your fine mate 

14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm sure I'll cope 😂😂

Queensland will crush you. Even Aussies say that Queenslanders use it constantly. 

Mate. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Queensland will crush you. Even Aussies say that Queenslanders use it constantly. 

Mate. 

That's right at the end of my trip so hopefully I'll have become accustomed to it by then. 

Mate. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

That's right at the end of my trip so hopefully I'll have become accustomed to it by then. 

Mate. 

😀 When I was there the lads I was working with in NSW warned me about it. I arrived in Brisbane and immediately went into a chemists to buy razors and the middle aged woman behind the counter opened with “can I help you mate?” Took all my self control not to burst out laughing. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

😀 When I was there the lads I was working with in NSW warned me about it. I arrived in Brisbane and immediately went into a chemists to buy razors and the middle aged woman behind the counter opened with “can I help you mate?” Took all my self control not to burst out laughing. 

I live in a part of the world where people call you duck. I'll manage 😂😂

Still rips my knitten though 

46 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not particularly difficult. Thank you will always be met well. 

According to you, perhaps, Notts. Not according to others.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-thanking-someone-offensive-d-holstine-vander-valk-phd-

You see, life isn't simple. And if everyone around the world just said "thank you", instead of "cheers, pal", "ta", "thanks, mate" etc., it would be a very boring world indeed, in which any deviations from the Newspeak Dictionary would most certainly be frowned upon.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-thanking-someone-offensive-d-holstine-vander-valk-phd-

You see, life isn't simple. And if everyone around the world just said "thank you", instead of "cheers, pal", "ta", "thanks, mate" etc., it would be a very boring world indeed, in which any deviations from the Newspeak Dictionary would most certainly be frowned upon.

I still say " dear" and " hen" sometimes.  Haven't had any complaints bout it. Sometimes use " son" but it makes me feel auld.  

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This seems to be about "online" correspondence if I'm not mistaken? 

Of course it's about how it's said. I think the Scottish use of "pal" is the best example of that. 

1 minute ago, windsor1874 said:

Done exactly the same in a shop last week. I really wouldny worry yourself about it tbh. And it's not an age thing, I'm in my 30s. If someone gets worked up and in a huff about getting a "cheers mate", as long as you haven't done it to deliberately wind them up, then quite honestly that's their problem.

Exactly. 

28 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I live in a part of the world where people call you duck. I'll manage 😂😂

Still rips my knitten though 

I couldn't help laughing at my first "d'ye want mushy peas with that cock?" in a Salford chippy.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Notts isn't trolling. Notts doesn't like people being victimised and that's certainly happened on this thread. 

There will be people reading this that know me personally and will be laughing at your point. 

😂👍🏻

31 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

This country is truly doomed

Imagine a politician telling a blatant lie.  Never.  As you said " doomed", 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll fight for everyone's rights, especially my wife and grandchild's rights not for some hairy arsed geezer in a dress, not to walk in the females toilets when they have just entered. I'll fight all the way to life in prison.

Cant say that there will lots of men with similar feelings Ri.  Bunch of dangerous people  wanting access to women's and girls spaces. Sickening in fact.  

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Typical snidey 'superior' type of 'debate' from her and her type. 

I'd agree with @Notts1874 that the far right have hijacked the trans debate for their own reactionary gain, but let's not pretend the holier-than-thou left haven't seen an opportunity to do so, either. The lot of them have left those of us somewhere in the middle shaking our heads in disbelief while, through sheer vociferousness, they are slowly eroding what there was left of common sense in society.

Yep and people are wondering why i wouldn’t vote for Indy if this is the calibre of “ politician “ they have to offer . A liar . A bare faced liar too . Right there , in plain site . No apologies . Brazen . The right , I can understand as they hate anyone who isnt straight heterosexual  and white , whereas the left  you would expect  would be more supportive of women . I fear for women and girls safety in Scotland . The only good news is this can be overturned on appeal at the Supreme Court . That could never happen in an  independent Scotland . 

8 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'd agree with @Notts1874 that the far right have hijacked the trans debate for their own reactionary gain, but let's not pretend the holier-than-thou left haven't seen an opportunity to do so, either. The lot of them have left those of us somewhere in the middle shaking our heads in disbelief while, through sheer vociferousness, they are slowly eroding what there was left of common sense in society.

Probably the best paragraph in the whole thread.👍🏻

Common sense and understanding out the window. Point scoring and name calling the new norm.

10 hours ago, JimBett365 said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23188087.women-scotland-lose-legal-case-definition-woman/

A JUDGE has ruled that transgender women with a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) can legally be defined as women when it comes to legislation that aims to ensure gender balance on public boards.

Men are excluded from working in the SARC , so if you want to be a sexual assault examiner you need to be female, to prevent re-traumatising victims.

Only now that is not the case , or won’t be after a few months and a piece of paper that will prevent women from even that most hallowed of safe spaces 

18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Men are excluded from working in the SARC , so if you want to be a sexual assault examiner you need to be female, to prevent re-traumatising victims.

Only now that is not the case , or won’t be after a few months and a piece of paper that will prevent women from even that most hallowed of safe spaces 

Absolute minefield with added barbed wire. Not sure if it can ever be suitably untangled now.

2 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

Absolute minefield with added barbed wire. Not sure if it can ever be suitably untangled now.

It can, this legal position , that a piece  of paper makes you a 100% bona Fide true woman is 100% bull shit.

it needs overturned 

Lord Montpelier
9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep and people are wondering why i wouldn’t vote for Indy if this is the calibre of “ politician “ they have to offer . A liar . A bare faced liar too . Right there , in plain site . No apologies . Brazen . The right , I can understand as they hate anyone who isnt straight heterosexual  and white , whereas the left  you would expect  would be more supportive of women . I fear for women and girls safety in Scotland . The only good news is this can be overturned on appeal at the Supreme Court . That could never happen in an  independent Scotland . 

My impression is the likes of Sturgeon and others are underestimating the level of concern this is causing. I'd like to see more SNP MPs challenge this as I suspect many are uncomfortable with it, but on balance they don't want to incur the Murrells wrath, Sturgeon sees this as part of a legacy. 

From my perspective with a young daughter my senses are now on heightened alert when she's using female only spaces in public. As a parent, if I feel something isn't right and have to step in, in whatever way, I will, regardless of the hurty feelings it might cause. 

24 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It can, this legal position , that a piece  of paper makes you a 100% bona Fide true woman is 100% bull shit.

it needs overturned 

It’s gone way beyond that though. Two sides of the argument completely entrenched with zero effort to display any sort of empathy. At least with the Indy debate you see examples of people being open-minded and willing to discuss the pros and cons. This issue just feels like a constant quagmire of bitterness.

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

My impression is the likes of Sturgeon and others are underestimating the level of concern this is causing. I'd like to see more SNP MPs challenge this as I suspect many are uncomfortable with it, but on balance they don't want to incur the Murrells wrath, Sturgeon sees this as part of a legacy. 

From my perspective with a young daughter my senses are now on heightened alert when she's using female only spaces in public. As a parent, if I feel something isn't right and have to step in, in whatever way, I will, regardless of the hurty feelings it might cause. 

Where I’m at.

My son lives with a female - male trans.

Not a problem and no threat.

If my daughter was in PE class with a male - female , that is a problem for me, as she is 14.

27 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

27 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Good posting . Yes the “ feminist to her fingertips” has got herself in deep shit with this issue . Probably , I would give her that , pressurised by the nutters thsf are the Green Party .

They are either underestimating the level of concern , through ignorance ( which is pretty unlikely) or just uninterested due to arrogance . It’s a similar attitude to their “ named persons “ fiasco which eventually got shelved . I feel that she and others believe Scotland is in the forefront of human rights policies , hence is pushing it .

I do not believe for one second she believes this bullocks . She’s playing to the international public gallery about what an Indy Scotland may look like . Ironically one where women and girls rights and safety are trampled . I honestly would understand angry fathers / sons / etc in taking steps to ensure their partners / children safety . Not that women can’t do that as well 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Are there many trans people applying for this job?

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

We could rename the shed with this. 

Except there is no “ bitterness “ there’s a right and wrong in this situation . It’s more frustration than bitterness . This 

“ debate “ should never have went as it has. It should have been stopped dead in its tracks when those who claimed to be trans and wanted self ID were told they can believe who they are but legally this can never Be legalised . No access to womens places unless you are a biological female . If you believe yourself to be the “ born in the wrong sex” , start therapy and explore it and if you still believe it then consider hormones etc to fully trans. No pussy footing ! Pardon the pun.  No one is saying men can’t wear “ female “ clothing , call themselves female names, say they are female but please don’t insult the rest of us by telling us to believe that they are the opposite sex to which they were born . 

18 minutes ago, Pap said:

Are there many trans people applying for this job?

I don’t know - but since they barred men from applying they are struggling to recruit as it’s lots of night and weekend work, and female docs don’t tend to do much of that .

though maybe when I was barred from applying for my own job. , I should have merely said I was a woman- a penised married lesbian and carried on working .

No need for any surgery / treatment or that, it’s about how I feel inside .. not how the victims might feel of course.

Because being examined by a man could retraumatise them, but being examined by a very masculine lesbian with a beard, and a penis who was a man a few months ago won’t .

Brave new world

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I don’t know - but since they barred men from applying they are struggling to recruit as it’s lots of night and weekend work, and female docs don’t tend to do much of that .

though maybe when I was barred from applying for my own job. , I should have merely said I was a woman- a penised married lesbian and carried on working .

No need for any surgery / treatment or that, it’s about how I feel inside .. not how the victims might feel of course.

Because being examined by a man could retraumatise them, but being examined by a very masculine lesbian with a beard, and a penis who was a man a few months ago won’t .

Brave new world

👍

I’m pretty neutral about the subject (mostly because I don’t know much about it) but it seems Scotland isn’t an outlier here - loads of other countries (eg Argentina, France, Belgium, Ireland) allow self-ID.  Has there been much of a problem / outcry there?

I’m pretty sure I read about an Irish feminist group objecting to a U.K. one ‘interfering’ in Ireland’s policy gender ID in Ireland.

A lot of the narrative, too, makes me uneasy and reminds me of the anti-gay stuff (unnatural, mental illness) in the 70s & 80s.

I certainly don’t think children / teenagers should be drugs or surgery though.

(Should change the thread title to “Gender Self-ID” because that’s really what it’s all about)

Edited by FWJ

49 minutes ago, FWJ said:

the anti-gay stuff (unnatural, mental illness) in the 70s & 80s.

Except the gays weren’t looking to take away another groups rights only wanted equal rights . 

49 minutes ago, FWJ said:

title to “Gender Self-ID” because that’s really what it’s all about)

I argued at the beginning of the thread it should be a LGB thread but that wasn’t allowed . I started a LGB thread but it got merged with this . So if you set up a 

“ Gender self ID “ good luck with that one 

55 minutes ago, FWJ said:

makes me uneasy

I’m sorry that you feel “ uneasy “ that as a man ( assuming you are as only a man would write that ) but women and those supporting their cause have every right to make people “ uneasy . It’s their hard fought sex based rights which are risk . 

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good posting . Yes the “ feminist to her fingertips” has got herself in deep shit with this issue . Probably , I would give her that , pressurised by the nutters thsf are the Green Party .

They are either underestimating the level of concern , through ignorance ( which is pretty unlikely) or just uninterested due to arrogance . It’s a similar attitude to their “ named persons “ fiasco which eventually got shelved . I feel that she and others believe Scotland is in the forefront of human rights policies , hence is pushing it .

I do not believe for one second she believes this bullocks . She’s playing to the international public gallery about what an Indy Scotland may look like . Ironically one where women and girls rights and safety are trampled . I honestly would understand angry fathers / sons / etc in taking steps to ensure their partners / children safety . Not that women can’t do that as well 

Greens should stick to their traditional core policies. You would think they would be more interested in getting Musk to build a Tesla factory in Scotland or working out how Scotland could work with nuclear fusion. But no, Paddy and his lickspittles are more interested in this sort of thing these days. It's turned loads off voting for them .

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Greens should stick to their traditional core policies. You would think they would be more interested in getting Musk to build a Tesla factory in Scotland or working out how Scotland could work with nuclear fusion. But no, Paddy and his lickspittles are more interested in this sort of thing these days. It's turned loads off voting for them .

Yes I had though about voting green several times in the past but not now . 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’m sorry that you feel “ uneasy “ that as a man ( assuming you are as only a man would write that ) but women and those supporting their cause have every right to make people “ uneasy . It’s their hard fought sex based rights which are risk . 

I’m pretty sure that there are people of any sex/gender or sexuality that would be ‘uneasy’ about labelling people mentally ill - but as I said I’m pretty ignorant about the whole thing.

How is it working in the other countries that allow it?  As I said, Scotland doesn’t seem to be an outlier with this - unless the SG’s plans are different / go further?

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I’m pretty sure that there are people of any sex/gender or sexuality that would be ‘uneasy’ about labelling people mentally ill - but as I said I’m pretty ignorant about the whole thing.

How is it working in the other countries that allow it?  As I said, Scotland doesn’t seem to be an outlier with this - unless the SG’s plans are different / go further?

Pretty sure nobody knows.

- once someone has changed then the crimes etc are recorded under the new gender.

ie a woman committed those crimes.

Maybe we should let it all go.

Maybe the feminists do need to lose- I did used to find their constant punching at men very wearisome , and women got equal rights a long time ago- and it became all very “anti man” ( admittedly due to the abhorrent levels of sexual violence ).

Perhaps all the years of various lobbies beating on white straight men is blowing up in their faces now?

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

I’m pretty neutral about the subject (mostly because I don’t know much about it) but it seems Scotland isn’t an outlier here - loads of other countries (eg Argentina, France, Belgium, Ireland) allow self-ID.  Has there been much of a problem / outcry there?

I’m pretty sure I read about an Irish feminist group objecting to a U.K. one ‘interfering’ in Ireland’s policy gender ID in Ireland.

A lot of the narrative, too, makes me uneasy and reminds me of the anti-gay stuff (unnatural, mental illness) in the 70s & 80s.

I certainly don’t think children / teenagers should be drugs or surgery though.

(Should change the thread title to “Gender Self-ID” because that’s really what it’s all about)

Scotland is more an outlier in the western world by not having a better self ID policy. SNP/Greens/Labour/Liberals are now backing this. As usual, it is the Tories against this. I will always be of the opinion that, if a bunch of right wingers are against something, then I'm all for it

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Scotland is more an outlier in the western world by not having a better self ID policy. SNP/Greens/Labour/Liberals are now backing this. As usual, it is the Tories against this. I will always be of the opinion that, if a bunch of right wingers are against something, then I'm all for it

Let's hope it's not your daughter that finds herself alone in what she assumed was a safe space with someone like Katie Dolatowski in the future . 

18 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Pretty sure nobody knows.

- once someone has changed then the crimes etc are recorded under the new gender.

ie a woman committed those crimes.

Maybe we should let it all go.

Maybe the feminists do need to lose- I did used to find their constant punching at men very wearisome , and women got equal rights a long time ago- and it became all very “anti man” ( admittedly due to the abhorrent levels of sexual violence ).

Perhaps all the years of various lobbies beating on white straight men is blowing up in their faces now?

Great posting 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Let's hope it's not your daughter that finds herself alone in what she assumed was a safe space with someone like Katie Dolatowski in the future . 

👍

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Shame it’s going to take assaults to women or girls to highlight how insane this stuff is . 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Shame it’s going to take assaults to women or girls to highlight how insane this stuff is . 

Sure , but under the law , our daughters will be getting groomed, harassed and assaulted by other women.

Mainly the ones with penises.