****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

John Findlay
14 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Of course I am.  The term is homophobic, and (worse) outdated.

In your opinion Uly, in your opinion.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

Ron Burgundy
16 hours ago, Ulysses said:

It really isn't.

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It really isn't.

He won’t listen 

JudyJudyJudy

Dear lord

IMG_7704.jpeg

IMG_7703.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

AlimOzturk
On 13/03/2024 at 15:24, Ulysses said:

"Openly gay".  That's some seriously out-of-date terminology.

Maybe some folk just aren’t open about being gay? Maybe they would rather keep it private? What so bad about that? 

Not getting the harm being caused here? 🤷

AlimOzturk
On 14/03/2024 at 00:01, Ulysses said:

Jeezo. That is some leap. 

henrysmithsgloves
On 13/03/2024 at 23:37, Jim_Duncan said:

Wonder how he knew his partner's ring size?

😳😳😳🤣🤣

AlimOzturk

So is being “in the closet” a homophobic term as well? As that would imply someone isn’t openly gay. 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So is being “in the closet” a homophobic term as well? As that would imply someone isn’t openly gay. 

Exactly 👍 

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Oh very good 👍 

Ulysses
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yes.

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Exactly 👍 

That's just another way of saying yes, isn't it?

AlimOzturk
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Yes.

That's just another way of saying yes, isn't it?

Think i will listen to the “in the open” gay person on this forum over yourself on what is homophobic or not 😂

Imagine a straight person trying to tell a gay person about what is homophobic or not ffs :rofl:

redjambo
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think i will listen to the “in the open” gay person on this forum over yourself on what is homophobic or not 😂

Imagine a straight person trying to tell a gay person about what is homophobic or not ffs :rofl:

Straightsplaning. :)

Just looked it up - the word actually exists. The modern world is so formulaic.

Ulysses
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It never dawned on me until it was said to me by a gay person who used to be a colleague of mine.

A real live gay person, rather than a collection of pixels on a screen.

AlimOzturk
44 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It never dawned on me until it was said to me by a gay person who used to be a colleague of mine.

7647D4FC-9D59-4F02-A46D-A65685A363B4.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I was thinking that too 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

What am I ? Chopped liver ! 

IMG_5806.gif

henrysmithsgloves

Must be like saying, I'm not racist,I know a brown person 😳 no?

henrysmithsgloves
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_5806.gif

🤣🤣

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

More like spam. 

When I had to go to shops for that when I was a bairn I used to hate asking for it so my mum said just ask for “ luncheon meat “ !! It sounds more posh ! 😂

Ulysses
5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_5806.gif

Possibly, for all I know.  As the saying goes, on the Internet nobody knows you're a dog.

I've no idea who you are.  But I do know and I do trust the person whose view I've passed on here. 

If you don't like it, that's your business. But just because you've presented yourself as JKB's "out" character that does not make your view more valid than hers.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Possibly, for all I know.  As the saying goes, on the Internet nobody knows you're a dog.

I've no idea who you are.  But I do know and I do trust the person whose view I've passed on here. 

If you don't like it, that's your business. But just because you've presented yourself as JKB's "out" character that does not make your view more valid than hers.

She might be wrong . Anyway it’s a moot point as such . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Doesn’t the Koran say that there is no other true religion or god? And after April 1st what people believe in Scotland is protected and if anyone says anything against it you can take offence and report them? So does that mean I could believe in another religion and report any Muslim who states that his or her god is the only one and vice versa?

.  A poster on another thread stated my “ arse would be twitching “ after that date , when in fact anyone and everyone’s collective arses should be as this ill thought and dangerous legislation can be used against anyone expressing their right to views / opinions .

Luckily for me and many others the right to beliefs “( gender  critical ) is  a protective characteristic under the equality act. And the human rights act . So I think that person in the video would be fine too . His religion 

(belief ) protects him . However there are a whole host of areas people may not be protected in (  this is my understanding of the legislation at the current time ) . However if people are charged with expressing their gender critical views then as you rightly point out why can’t someone be charged for expressing their opinions / views about other beliefs ? 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Love the term ‘gender critical’. Surely ‘common sense’ to say that a man is a man (for a’ that) whether he chooses to wear a bit of slap and a pair of frillies or not. 

Jim this woman explains it’ all very well and the concerns Too

https://x.com/markthehibby/status/1769520984640413794?s=46&t=Uyg6zS_aUfEwlXY6vOoxzQ

IMG_7723.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Now, there's a surprise...

Screenshot2024-03-18at09-59-31TheAllInOneLGBTQRelatedIssuesMegaThread.png.565b0e81182288456f85c340c68bf8b6.png

No shit Sherlock ! It’s the lgb alphabet thread and I’m gay . Wow 😮 who would have thought !!

been here before
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

and I’m gay

Are ye aye?

You should maybe try and mention that more often.

Human rights act eh?

I wondered what it might say about gender reassignment so looked it up. 

The Equality Act 2010 says that you must not be discriminated against because of gender reassignment.

In the Equality Act, gender reassignment means proposing to undergo, undergoing or having undergone a process to reassign your sex.

To be protected from gender reassignment discrimination, you do not need to have undergone any medical treatment or surgery to change from your birth sex to your preferred gender.

You can be at any stage in the transition process, from proposing to reassign your sex, undergoing a process of reassignment, or having completed it. It does not matter whether or not you have applied for or obtained a Gender Recognition Certificate, which is the document that confirms the change of a person's legal sex. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

So you just need to be a little bit divorced from reality to be protected? Smashing. 

I have that person on ignore . 

Human rights act 

IMG_7735.jpeg

Spellczech
23 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Which closet are we talking? Are there dresses or trousers in it?

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Presumptuous of you to assume it identifies as a person. 

Bad me ! 

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What if the closet identifies as a wardrobe?

Narnia?

doctor jambo
6 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Now, there's a surprise...

Screenshot2024-03-18at09-59-31TheAllInOneLGBTQRelatedIssuesMegaThread.png.565b0e81182288456f85c340c68bf8b6.png

With GIDS clinics now barred from blockers and surgery, and not providing any therapy that could be non-affirmative they now have no purpose at all.

With the WPATH leaks showing that children were not able to consent to the procedures , yet they were being done anyway ie the WPATH were acting outwith their parameters and should be shut down.

And sandyford being under the spotlight , it would appear that , well, a lot of what has been done to kids is malpractice.

Gundermann
41 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

With GIDS clinics now barred from blockers and surgery, and not providing any therapy that could be non-affirmative they now have no purpose at all.

With the WPATH leaks showing that children were not able to consent to the procedures , yet they were being done anyway ie the WPATH were acting outwith their parameters and should be shut down.

And sandyford being under the spotlight , it would appear that , well, a lot of what has been done to kids is malpractice.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yp1lcw82q05jrwayzzg

Lord Montpelier
49 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Malpractice is one word for it Doc. I suspect it could be come to be seen as a lot worse. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Yes thanks for posting this news.  I forgot to. Its good news but doesnt extend to Scotland as yet. 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Malpractice is one word for it Doc. I suspect it could be come to be seen as a lot worse. 

Damn right its more than just malpractice.  Medical proceedures driven by an dubious  idelogy ? Where have we seen that before  ?

Ulysses
9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She might be wrong . Anyway it’s a moot point as such . 

She might.  Or she might not.  Why is it a moot point anyway?

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952yp1lcw82q05jrwayzzg

You didn’t know?

well you do now.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You didn’t know?

well you do now.

👍

Lord Montpelier
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It's noteworthy that the Guardian are calling this out.  I wonder what the view is from the SNP and in particular the child obsessed Scottish Greens. Tellingly have not seen any comment so far. 

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's noteworthy that the Guardian are calling this out.  I wonder what the view is from the SNP and in particular the child obsessed Scottish Greens. Tellingly have not seen any comment so far. 

Notable that the left are now calling bs - and remarking that some of WPATH are promoting Frankenstein surgery- creating non human things with both penis and vagina and also no genitalia at all.

yuck

Lord Montpelier
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Notable that the left are now calling bs - and remarking that some of WPATH are promoting Frankenstein surgery- creating non human things with both penis and vagina and also no genitalia at all.

yuck

It's a disgrace Doc, got to feel for the kids involved. 

And also a disgrace that's its taken so long for this to be out in the open.  And I sense some would rather have it all happening behind closed doors. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yes I was almost astonished reading it , waiting for a counter argument in it . But it’s highly critical and accurate . Ofcourse those creepy Greens and SNP will make no comment . Dont want to alienate their support base . And ofcourse “ the anything to be different from England “ mantra too . See Covid , bully XL dogs  etc . No concerns regarding the impact .