***Champions League Final 2022 - Liverpool v Real Madrid***

tartofmidlothian

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its a tackle and ricochet liverpool player off his own man’s knee. The Real player has not played the ball. 

So many people just not accepting the simple fact : the final touch is a deflection off a Liverpool defender in which case the Real player is offside. It's really not  difficult and it's nothing new. 

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

How do they know Fabinho didn’t deliberately play that ball?  Have they asked him? 🤣

😂

What was he trying to play then? 

Made no sense at all, 

I don't get the Offside rule anymore? If the goalie is further forward than the attacking player, then there has to be two defensive players between the attacker and the goalline if the ball is played forward???!!?? 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ref in studio only going on about Fabinho accidentally playing it back but fails to mention that Konate played it forward against Fabinho.  Did he not see that or is it not relevant?  Confused!

i felt ferdinand should have pressed him more about it as it appeared to me ferdinand was talking about konate and not fabinho

rossi_1983

Surely irrelevant whether Fabinho meant that, as it was played on to him by the other Liverpool defender!

Are they really trying to say if a defender goes for a clearance, and it accidentally hits off another defender in front of him and bounces through to a striker in an “offside” position, that it would be disallowed because the guy that had the ball booted off him didn’t mean it?!?

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Exactly. 

But the cream of European football, yadda yadda....

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

So many people just not accepting the simple fact : the final touch is a deflection off a Liverpool defender in which case the Real player is offside. It's really not  difficult and it's nothing new. 

but what you are missing is the deflection by fabinho is from the ball being played by konate

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How the **** can a defender who wins the ball not have done it deliberately? 

Was he not trying for the ball, was it unintentional? 

Makes no sense, the ref made even less sense trying to explain it. 

I was thinking the same, he’s sliding in that direction to win the ball how can that be accidental or a deflection if the ball then travels in that direction straight to the forward. For me that’s a goal.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, a point that Peter Walton completely ignored.  Surely relevant?

No. It's the FINAL touch that matters. If the ball had gone straight through to him from the tackle the goal would have counted. 

Bazzas right boot

Tbf, More of a tackle from the Liverpool player. 

The deliberate part makes no sense. 

Both went to play the ball. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Perfectly good goal, VAR fails on the big stage. Absolutely crystal clear that’s off the defender. Embarrassing for the officials. 

Benzema was offside when the Real player initially played it forward though. If the Madrid player doesn’t make that forward pass, then the Liverpool player doesn’t need to make that challenge and it doesn’t go through to Benzema. 

gashauskis9
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

😂

What was he trying to play then? 

Made no sense at all, 

Mental decision.  

Just now, rossi_1983 said:

Surely irrelevant whether Fabinho meant that, as it was played on to him by the other Liverpool defender!

Are they really trying to say if a defender goes for a clearance, and it accidentally hits off another defender in front of him and bounces through to a striker in an “offside” position, that it would be disallowed because the guy that had the ball booted off him didn’t mean it?!?

In Scotland Rangers - Celtic - goal, for everyone else offside !!

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The deflection is from a liverpool player deliberately playing the ball not a Real player. You’re right it’s not difficult it is one hundred percent a fair goal. 

Just now, milky_26 said:

but what you are missing is the deflection by fabinho is from the ball being played by konate

I'm not missing anything. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Depends on how much you dislike the team getting the break.

Rules are rules I guess.

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

I don't get the Offside rule anymore? If the goalie is further forward than the attacking player, then there has to be two defensive players between the attacker and the goalline if the ball is played forward???!!?? 

thats always been the case. it states something like there need to be two opposition players between the attacker and the goal when the ball is played otherwise offside. there is no mention of one being a goalkeeper

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The deflection is from a liverpool player deliberately playing the ball not a Real player. You’re right it’s not difficult it is one hundred percent a fair goal. 

🤣

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Liverpool got away with one there for me.

I thought the original ball to Benzema was offside but they never showed it back in slo mo

The Hogfather
Just now, jambo89 said:

Benzema was offside when the Real player initially played it forward though. If the Madrid player doesn’t make that forward pass, then the Liverpool player doesn’t need to make that challenge and it doesn’t go through to Benzema. 

That's not why they've ruled it out. They've deemed Fabinho didn't;t intend to play the ball to Benzema, which is a stupid line of reasoning. No player ever intends to gift the ball to the opposition.

That's a goal.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I was thinking the same, he’s sliding in that direction to win the ball how can that be accidental or a deflection if the ball then travels in that direction straight to the forward. For me that’s a goal.

Yip. 

Made less and less sense as it was explained, I don't think the pundits are any wiser either. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

That makes sense, but the deliberate part was nonsense. The ref explanation wasn't what you say, it was a load of shite. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

How the **** has the Champions League final, turned into a discussion about Robbie Neilson? :rofl:

Welcome to Jambos Kickback

:rofl:

9 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Who was doing that?  :mw_confused:

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Madrid approaching the final like we did v Rangers in the sc. 

35 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bobs a shitebag tho, Ancelotti is a tactical genius. 

Ball comes off a Liverpool player twice before it gets to Benzema. Not deliberate but what Liverpool player would deliberately pass to a Rm player.?

The mistake all the English pundits have made is to not understand how Madrid control games. 

They benefited from Liverpool's press as it keeps them sharp. If Liverpool can't maintain the press fades Madrid will just pass through them. 

Uncle Buck
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes, a point that Peter Walton completely ignored.  Surely relevant?

But it looked like Valverde got a touch after Konate’s original touch forward?

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Could someone please lock Michael Owen in a cupboard. 

I'm not sure they'd get him back out. Looking like a right wee chubby.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Seconds left in a game. Goalie goes up for a corner. Defender hangs back with one opponent forward. Other goalie catches the corner and punts it up the field with his teammate forward 1 foot over the halfway line, defender 1 yard over the halfway line.

Is he offside?

Weird rule if yes.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The mistake all the English pundits have made is to not understand how Madrid control games. 

They benefited from Liverpool's press as it keeps them sharp. If Liverpool can't maintain the press fades Madrid will just pass through them. 

The game could turn. 

That tactic rekys heavily on the other team not scoring. 

Luck involved. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

What about Konate deliberately playing the ball forward though?  It’s not simple at all.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

RTÉ reporting people left outside the stadium after the game started, and possibly still left outside.

I've seen a clip on Twitter taken from inside the ground looking back to the entry gates. the riot police move to the gates , you can see fans being dragged out by stewards to be ejected and it looks as though the fans outside aren't interested in getting in.  Possibly ticketless fans who breached the outer perimeter and who can't get in as they don't have tickets ?  

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The game could turn. 

That tactic rekys heavily on the other team not scoring. 

Luck involved. 

In fairness, they kinda cruised to the Spanish title.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

But it looked like Valverde got a touch after Konate’s original touch forward?

I thought he got the first touch then Konate played it forward against Fabinho. I’m sure the last 2 touches were the Liverpool players, 1 going forward and the other coming back off Fabinho.  Disappointed nobody queried with Walton if that part was not relevant if Konate played it forward.

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Read anything on the thread on the subject since?

Yeah, you falling the boab patter.😄

There was a reason we had zero shots on goal in a major Cup Final? 🤪😁🤪

Anyway, all done now, this is CL Final, Liverpool(Klopp)v Real Madrid(Ancelotti), let's not bring RN to it.

11 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

thats always been the case. it states something like there need to be two opposition players between the attacker and the goal when the ball is played otherwise offside. there is no mention of one being a goalkeeper

Always thought it was just one outfield player, but looking at it as a whole I am forgetting the goalkeeper would usually always be there. 

Dohhhhhh! 

Edited by Fraggle

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've seen a clip on Twitter taken from inside the ground looking back to the entry gates. the riot police move to the gates , you can see fans being dragged out by stewards to be ejected and it looks as though the fans outside aren't interested in getting in.  Possibly ticketless fans who breached the outer perimeter and who can't get in as they don't have tickets ?  

Who knows?

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What about Konate deliberately playing the ball forward though?  It’s not simple at all.

It is simple. If Konate plays the ball forward from that tackle straight to a Real player the goal stands. But the final touch is off Fabinho's arse  and so it then deflects to the Real player. 

gashauskis9

This is like watching SoccerAid.  Was half expecting Woody Harelson to replace Allison at half-time.

Real Madrid are so trudgid going forward, its no wonder the fans and board arent overly happy with the current manager.