• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No. It's the FINAL touch that matters. If the ball had gone straight through to him from the tackle the goal would have counted. 

No it’s not, because the final touch was from a Liverpool player.  In fact the final two touches were from Liverpool players.  The first touch of the 3 was from the Real player. Had that gone straight through to Benzema then obviously he’s offside and nobody would be arguing about it.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

In fairness, they kinda cruised to the Spanish title.

For £175m in annual wages I should hope so! 

Not far of double Barcas! 

Hardly a rags to riches story or the wee guy slaying the dragon. 

His tactics are working tho, still 0-0.

And unlike us v rangers he has guys like Hazard and Bale to bring on from the bench. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

No it’s not, because the final touch was from a Liverpool player.  In fact the final two touches were from Liverpool players.  The first touch of the 3 was from the Real player. Had that gone straight through to Benzema then obviously he’s offside and nobody would be arguing about it.

You have no idea how this works. 

I'm out now. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That makes sense but Tbh I'm not sure it was a forward pass. He almost stood on the ball. 

1-0 Madrid! 

10 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Seconds left in a game. Goalie goes up for a corner. Defender hangs back with one opponent forward. Other goalie catches the corner and punts it up the field with his teammate forward 1 foot over the halfway line, defender 1 yard over the halfway line.

Is he offside?

Weird rule if yes.

I'd say he would be. 

24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Comparing their approach. 

Tbf to Bob his team v rangers was on a fraction of the wages of the rangers team, that Madrid team actually costs more than the team they are playing yet he's parking the bus hoping not to concede. 

Dull as ****, and for Madrid a tad embarrassing. 

They might get lucky tho and knick it, he'll then be hailed a tactical genius for parking the bus and defending for 90 minutes by many who were greetin their eyes oot when we try it. 

Having shots on target = parking the bus🤪

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

What a well worked goal

Just now, Taffin said:

Poor man's Reece James sleeping again at the back post 

:indeed:

Shooter McGavin

21 year old kid.

17 goals in the league last year and now a goal in the Champions League final. Superb.

heatonjambo

According to bt sort Liverpool have been robbed 

My arse as a famous scouser  would say

Edited by heatonjambo

Just now, neilnunb said:

Salah has disappointed again tonight. Time for him to live up to the hype. 😬

He has been poor since returning from AFCON

Robbies right hand man
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

21 year old kid.

17 goals in the league last year and now a goal in the Champions League final. Superb.

Get him signed Savage 

Uncle Buck
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I thought he got the first touch then Konate played it forward against Fabinho. I’m sure the last 2 touches were the Liverpool players, 1 going forward and the other coming back off Fabinho.  Disappointed nobody queried with Walton if that part was not relevant if Konate played it forward.

So was it because Konate’s touch after Valverde was a deflection as well as Fabinho’s?

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It is simple. If Konate plays the ball forward from that tackle straight to a Real player the goal stands. But the final touch is off Fabinho's arse  and so it then deflects to the Real player. 

That makes no sense at all.  It could only be offside if the Real player played it forward to Benzema.  He did it play it forward but Konate blocked it and it went forward and deflected off Fabinho back to Benzema as far as I could see and that’s why several posters are querying the importance of Konate playing it forward.  Had it gone forward off the Real player and deflected off Fabhino only I think we all agree it’s offside.  It’s the Konate part in it being debated because he clearly played the ball forward not backwards. 

Anyway, perhaps irrelevant now, 1-0 Real!

Don't care who wins. Excellent entertainment though. Madrid unlucky to have goal chalked off after Liverpool being by far the better side.

Now Madrid sneak ahead.... 

More drama to come I'm sure.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You have no idea how this works. 

I'm out now. 

Clearly you’ve been taking offside lessons from my wife. 

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

From my (now) understanding of it, the final touch falls into the "unintentional" category and makes it an offside pass. Stupid rule, but one of many when it comes to something that used to be so simple. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

So was it because Konate’s touch after Valverde was a deflection as well as Fabinho’s?

Unfortunately Walton didn’t even mention Konate’s contribution.  It wasn’t a deflection though, it was a ****ing tackle!  Would be good if he’d given his interpretation of that since there were 3 players with touches but he made it sound like only 2 involved.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Salah has reminded me of GMS tonight.

Ancelotti reminded me of Bob. 

Now salah is like GMS. 

Maybe we are underperforming if this is all true. 

😂

Kontate reminds me off Souttar! 

Edited by Bazzas right boot