***Champions League Final 2022 - Liverpool v Real Madrid***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

It appears to be similar to what we see along the M8, deny everything! Give no quarter.  Wrt to the never the fans fault, I think it comes back to what a lot of football fans from a certain vintage (those that went from 70s through 90s) 'know' how it works in real life, that there is an element, and a far lager element it appears when it comes to certain clubs, that are willing to take advantage of the situation.  That makes it very difficult for all involved; treading around eggshells these days.  As someone mentioned elsewhere, probably targetting some of the chancers for proper baton treatment, would work wonders.

Think you might be on to some thing with the emboldened bit .............................. I agree though and I find it a bit annoying the way they are acting exactly like the old firm fans here and the bit that has annoyed me most id one of the LFC commentators talking about the blame game starting despite it only being the other side who have made any concessions on blame

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• Mikey1874

• Thomaso

• Bazzas right boot

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Think you might be on to some thing with the emboldened bit .............................. I agree though and I find it a bit annoying the way they are acting exactly like the old firm fans here and the bit that has annoyed me most id one of the LFC commentators talking about the blame game starting despite it only being the other side who have made any concessions on blame

Aye, it's the failure to admit any blame from within, gets on my tits! Ohh well, some folks never learn, sadly.

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, it's the failure to admit any blame from within, gets on my tits! Ohh well, some folks never learn, sadly.

Exactly like celtic fans where all immediately mobilise and just deny every thing while blaming every one else

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Boab said:

Saint-Denis.

Went through it a few years back and you had to have your wits about you !

Not sure what it's like now but won't be back to find out.

Seine-Saint-Denis has more immigrants and is poorer than any other department in France I read

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I am sure there will be evidence and it will come to light but come on mate surely you are not naive enough to think this does not happen we have seen the problems that it causes with policing the Roseburn stand ....................................... the french authorities are accepting there were huge mistakes in how they dealt with the situation but the English media and LFC fans just flat refusing to acknowledge that there were issues with dodgy tickets and that this would have caused a problem

Yeah if there is but you would think it would’ve been seen by now.
I’ve not seen the French authorities accept any blame, but you’re right as usual the English media and LFC in general not accepting any either. 
Thankfully nobody was hurt, it could us having problems in a few months.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if there is but you would think it would’ve been seen by now.
I’ve not seen the French authorities accept any blame, but you’re right as usual the English media and LFC in general not accepting any either. 
Thankfully nobody was hurt, it could us having problems in a few months.

The French government spokeswoman said that there has been many factors that caused the issues and that they are definitely not blameless them selfs and that they could have done things better but there has been no acceptance of any blame by any one from the Liverpool side

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The French government spokeswoman said that there has been many factors that caused the issues and that they are definitely not blameless them selfs and that they could have done things better but there has been no acceptance of any blame by any one from the Liverpool side

It's what Liverpool do. Full scale deflection tactics from a club who have friends in media and government and won't hesitate to use them.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's what Liverpool do. Full scale deflection tactics from a club who have friends in media and government and won't hesitate to use them.

I think it is because it reminds me so much of how Celtic carry on that it is irritating me as much as it is like when ever they get criticised for fan behavior here and the media campaign starts to discredit the other side and they deny and blame

ArcticJambo

Leg-overs at the turnstiles, back in the day.

I was still blagging my way into the boys gate away from Tynie into my 20s. Head down hand over the cash push! Get kb'd no problem, into adult queue but nae chips on way home! :(

Paid security at Glastonbury in '95 to turn the other cheek as we negotiated the high fence.

To think that folks chancing their luck at ticketed matches since way back by bribing turnstile operators/security wasn't a thing is pretty naive imo.  To think it doesn't happen in this day and age, lol.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Fair enough 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think it is because it reminds me so much of how Celtic carry on that it is irritating me as much as it is like when ever they get criticised for fan behavior here and the media campaign starts to discredit the other side and they deny and blame

Spot on 

43 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Really? 

5 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Sounds like it's even worse now. Young kids caught up in it all too which is shocking.

The elephant in the room going by news reports tonight by both sets of fans. Local gangs causing chaos. French trying desperately to downplay it !

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Leg-overs at the turnstiles, back in the day.

I was still blagging my way into the boys gate away from Tynie into my 20s. Head down hand over the cash push! Get kb'd no problem, into adult queue but nae chips on way home! :(

Paid security at Glastonbury in '95 to turn the other cheek as we negotiated the high fence.

To think that folks chancing their luck at ticketed matches since way back by bribing turnstile operators/security wasn't a thing is pretty naive imo.  To think it doesn't happen in this day and age, lol.

Leg over?

:oohmatron:

It was good for Liverpool the first half Benzema goal was disallowed. Prevented it being talked about as a repeat of 2018 down to defensive errors.

McGlynn The Money
On 01/06/2022 at 18:36, Mikey1874 said:

It was good for Liverpool the first half Benzema goal was disallowed. Prevented it being talked about as a repeat of 2018 down to defensive errors.

Some strike.

Reflections on my trip to Paris for the final. 

We arrived early and we were in the Real Madrid end. No problems whatsoever. Notably, the Madrid Fan Zone was right next to the stadium. They had packed their area out an hour before kick off. 

Liverpool's fan zone was way back from the Stadium, making the load in harder. Add to that Parisian stadium police are armed to the teeth (a consequence of the Paris bombings) and they looked trigger happy. 

Ticketing wasn't straight forward. You needed a phone with batter power and blue tooth to receive your ticket. It wasn't straight forward and risky on many fronts: what if battery power faded, or blue tooth didn't work?!

Can't talk to the issues before kick off but afterwards they had locked the gates around the stadium with NO guidance on which way to leave. That is criminal. You had 30,000 Liverpool fans walking into a bottleneck with no knowledge as to if their queuing would result in getting a coach to the airport or town centre. St. Dennis is not Paris. No way. 

The worst thing about my trip is they brought out King Kenny Dalgliesh to lay a wreath for the 39 fans who died in Heysel. At the same time, the Liverpool end was one quarter full due to the same incompetence that we say in 1985. Crowd management isn't rocket science. Yet UEFA still can't get it right. I was genuinely scared after the game. At the very least, tell fans where they need to go. 

A shower. 

The Ultimate Worrier
On 04/06/2022 at 00:24, Deodato said:

Reflections on my trip to Paris for the final. 

We arrived early and we were in the Real Madrid end. No problems whatsoever. Notably, the Madrid Fan Zone was right next to the stadium. They had packed their area out an hour before kick off. 

Liverpool's fan zone was way back from the Stadium, making the load in harder. Add to that Parisian stadium police are armed to the teeth (a consequence of the Paris bombings) and they looked trigger happy. 

Ticketing wasn't straight forward. You needed a phone with batter power and blue tooth to receive your ticket. It wasn't straight forward and risky on many fronts: what if battery power faded, or blue tooth didn't work?!

Can't talk to the issues before kick off but afterwards they had locked the gates around the stadium with NO guidance on which way to leave. That is criminal. You had 30,000 Liverpool fans walking into a bottleneck with no knowledge as to if their queuing would result in getting a coach to the airport or town centre. St. Dennis is not Paris. No way. 

The worst thing about my trip is they brought out King Kenny Dalgliesh to lay a wreath for the 39 fans who died in Heysel. At the same time, the Liverpool end was one quarter full due to the same incompetence that we say in 1985. Crowd management isn't rocket science. Yet UEFA still can't get it right. I was genuinely scared after the game. At the very least, tell fans where they need to go. 

A shower. 

The whole thing sounds like a shambles mate. Reading fans from both sides saying there could easily have been people killed in the crush.

• 9 months later...