***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

I see Billy Gilmour has been sent back from Chelsea's training camp. Tuchel - "we wanted to focus on quality so cut numbers to 24". 

How much of a kick in the teeth is that!! For the sake of his career I hope Billy demands to be put up for sale or released. Another loan spell could do further damage if it ended up the same way as his time at Norwich. Everton may be interested but the pressure to "make it" at Everton will be massive. He needs to think very carefully about his next move, how much longer does he want to be just a reserve team player or bench-warmer?? Or worse than that, never reach his true potential. He may have financial security sitting it out at Chelsea, but surely establishing himself somewhere means more. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I see Billy Gilmour has been sent back from Chelsea's training camp. Tuchel - "we wanted to focus on quality so cut numbers to 24". 

How much of a kick in the teeth is that!! For the sake of his career I hope Billy demands to be put up for sale or released. Another loan spell could do further damage if it ended up the same way as his time at Norwich. Everton may be interested but the pressure to "make it" at Everton will be massive. He needs to think very carefully about his next move, how much longer does he want to be just a reserve team player or bench-warmer?? Or worse than that, never reach his true potential. He may have financial security sitting it out at Chelsea, but surely establishing himself somewhere means more. 

German bound. 

10 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

German bound. 

The obscene money down south is badly skewing things where we are not in the running for players who would seriously benefit from signing for us because they have been getting mental wages as teenagers …………. would love the bubble to burst down there and reality to come crashing in 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The obscene money down south is badly skewing things where we are not in the running for players who would seriously benefit from signing for us because they have been getting mental wages as teenagers …………. would love the bubble to burst down there and reality to come crashing in 

By the time they get to 21 they've enough money to last a lifetime you have to admre guys such as Hickey and Tierney McGinn and Robbo.  Made it massive but the hunger is there to improve.  BG seems very grounded.  Hopefully he moves on and  kicks on. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

By the time they get to 21 they've enough money to last a lifetime you have to admre guys such as Hickey and Tierney McGinn and Robbo.  Made it massive but the hunger is there to improve.  BG seems very grounded.  Hopefully he moves on and  kicks on. 

They have made enough money but has any one really ever made enough if they can make even more ………….. a few of our ninety eight cup winning team would never have signed for us if they were playing twenty years later because we simply could not have afforded them …………… I hate the financial state of Scottish football compared to other countries 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They have made enough money but has any one really ever made enough if they can make even more ………….. a few of our ninety eight cup winning team would never have signed for us if they were playing twenty years later because we simply could not have afforded them …………… I hate the financial state of Scottish football compared to other countries 

Agree 100% and rubbish as anything when you have the likes of Baggio working on building sites. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Agree 100% and rubbish as anything when you have the likes of Baggio working on building sites. 

True it is not that I am against money in the game meaning players can be fully professional and set them selves up for life after retiring it is more the polarisation of that cash ………. I really do not like the current money vacuum that is English football it is killing the game else where 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

True it is not that I am against money in the game meaning players can be fully professional and set them selves up for life after retiring it is more the polarisation of that cash ………. I really do not like the current money vacuum that is English football it is killing the game else where 

Just have to look in spain. 

Other news - hibs new guy

“I had other offers, one from Portugal, one from MLS, and another from Sweden,” he said.

"I hadn’t heard of Hibs but when my agent told me they were interested, and I saw the facilities, I was desperate to come here.

:lol: 

37 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

German bound. 

Thats a brilliant shout. He could really kick on over there. Wouldn't surprise me if an Italian team were looking at him given the success of Hickey and recruitment of Doig and Ferguson (Think Henderson is doing well too).

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

“I had other offers, one from Portugal, one from MLS, and another from Sweden,” he said.

"I hadn’t heard of Hibs but when my agent told me they were interested, and I saw the facilities, I was desperate to come here.

They all get handed the same script " say facilities are great "

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Guessing that is not McAllisters laddie then 😄 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Googled Edinburgh football club and thought he was signing for us 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers signed Ben davies from Liverpool at lcb so no chance of them signing Kingsley 

To me that was never ever happening or i have i missed something ??

4 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

More of a what if since Bassey was leaving. Kingsley knows rangers director of football from Falkirk and was briefly linked before signing his new contract 

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Which one was this?

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

More of a what if since Bassey was leaving. Kingsley knows rangers director of football from Falkirk and was briefly linked before signing his new contract 

Cheers was thinking aw naw for a moment

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Think Killie are going to be a right pain in the arse to play against this season. Could get top 6.

St Johnstone aside , I detest playing them. That crappy pitch, their awful support and more than often anti football. They bring zero to the table for me

A_A wehatethehibs
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers signed Ben davies from Liverpool at lcb so no chance of them signing Kingsley 

16 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

They saw my price tag on this thread and it scared them off. Exactly as intended. All about intimidation. Hands off The King 

Watt-Zeefuik
33 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

tbh we’re guilty of same. I wish we didn’t feel the need to have every single signing say “massive club.”

Naisys Tackle
37 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Which one was this?

The Gambian dude that looked never a footballer in the last game. 

Naisys Tackle
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Guessing that is not McAllisters laddie then 😄 

:lol: he probably thinks the same. 

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

:lol: he probably thinks the same. 

Probably would have done if his old man had not brought him up on stories of scoring the winner vs them in the wee cup 

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

:gok:

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

One time target 

Wonder how his Mrs feels about that

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

One time target 

Good. Baffled me the clamour some had for this guy.

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good. Baffled me the clamour some had for this guy.

Agreed, a bog standard CH, nothing more.

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Agreed, a bog standard CH, nothing more.

Totally agree. Our standards have gone up so much that he wouldn’t play ahead of Kingsley or rowles

hmfc_liam06
16 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

He's really just not as good as he's made out to be.

15 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

tbh we’re guilty of same. I wish we didn’t feel the need to have every single signing say “massive club.”

New signing interviews are generally a bit cringey.

The same clichéd questions are asked, which means we get the usual generic response from the player.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

He is good, but he needs to be at a permanent club where he’ll be a starting 11 player. The Norwich loan was an absolute woeful shout, wasn’t difficult to predict how that one would turn out. Soon as I heard their non-event of a manager talking about wanting to dominate possession and be totally uncompromising and not changing their style whatsoever, while signing an inexperienced lightweight technician for his midfield, I knew they were cannon fodder and I knew Gilmour had made the wrong choice. Was disappointed with that move.

Hope the lad can turn round the career, whoever his next manager is, will be of massive importance.

38 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Done alright playing for Scotland. 

RustyRightPeg

Cedric Kipre has joined Cardiff. Recently mentioned in here as potential CB target. 

15 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

The issue is thought that our facilities are great and we are a massive club.

We all know that similar claims re Hibs are laughable, especially following a line which starts "I hadnt heard of Hibs..."

The only thing missing for Hibs new signing Bingo is some sort of mention of Celtic...

Ex rumoured Hearts target Eoin Toal signs for Bolton from Derry

supposedly we were interested at some point in the past couple of years (can’t remember the exact window) 

10 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Ex rumoured Hearts target Eoin Toal signs for Bolton from Derry

supposedly we were interested at some point in the past couple of years (can’t remember the exact window) 

Just thinking about typical footballers'  nicknames.

Natty ... Cammy ... Boycie ... but, seriously, Toalie? Can you imagine the stick that lad would get for every mis-placed tackle?

The scope for juvinilistic nonsense would be almost endless.

Edited by Wee Mikey

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just thinking about typical footballers'  nicknames.

Natty ... Cammy ... Boycie ... but, seriously, Toalie? Can you imagine the stick that lad would get for every mis-placed tackle?

The scope for juvinilistic nonsense would be almost endless.

Steve Job's laddie was a decent player enaw.

More teams following our lead in scouring the Australian market...

Dundee Utd just signed keeper Mark Birighitti from Central Coast Mariners. 1 previous cap for Australia.

Ford Prentice
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

St Johnstone must have the oldest squad in the league and they are favourites to go down. Appreciate he wants back to Sunny Scotland but not there, surely.

Bring him home Robbie. Player/coach to help out the B Team and translate for the Aussies. Plus if Halliday can do a job surely Gowser can (better podcast as well).

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

St Johnstone must have the oldest squad in the league and they are favourites to go down. Appreciate he wants back to Sunny Scotland but not there, surely.

Bring him home Robbie. Player/coach to help out the B Team and translate for the Aussies. Plus if Halliday can do a job surely Gowser can (better podcast as well).

Why bring Halliday into it? 😂 No need. 

indianajones
4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Notts Forest sign Lingard

Embarrassing video. 

Wtf has happened to people these days? 

BackOfTheNet

Not sure why people think that a player that outside of ourselves has turned out for the Dundee clubs in Scotland, Bradford in England and the rest of the time playing in UAE, China, Australia and Kuwait is somehow too good for St. Johnstone. Unless I’m underestimating the Kuwaiti league that is.