***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Mr Brightside
11 hours ago, GYL said:

Whose this?

Connor Young

8 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Are you sure he was released? He was with us but players move on all the time at youth level through their own choice.

Not entirely sure, only repeating what I read on here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Selkirk_Jambo
12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I remember the suggestion that Celtic should sign Davie Weir, so they could have a defence of Weir-Tebily-Scheidt 

Few years back, they were rumoured to be in for Rod Fanni. Could have had backline of Naylor-Balde-Fanni. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Some interesting signings from all the big clubs this summer. I'm looking forward to seeing how Fletcher, McGeady and Miovski all do. Think it will be a much closer too 6 this year. Exciting season ahead. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Some interesting signings from all the big clubs this summer. I'm looking forward to seeing how Fletcher, McGeady and Miovski all do. Think it will be a much closer too 6 this year. Exciting season ahead. 

I think we'll take more points of Aberdeen and Hibs than we did the season past and hit over 70 points. 

Aberdeen are still arguably weaker at this time than last season. 

Utd lost their keeper. 

I'd be suprised of any others, kept pace. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think we'll take more points of Aberdeen and Hibs than we did the season past and hit over 70 points. 

Aberdeen are still arguably weaker at this time than last season. 

Utd lost their keeper. 

I'd be suprised of any others, kept pace. 

We will see but I'd be surprised if were as far ahead of the rest next season.  There is still time for others to make decent signings.  We made 3 signings very late last season that made us the 3rd best team.

And it remains to be seen just how shit Hibs are/were and whether their shitness last season was exaggerated by wee Shaun.   

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

We will see but I'd be surprised if were as far ahead of the rest next season.  There is still time for others to make decent signings.  We made 3 signings very late last season that made us the 3rd best team.

And it remains to be seen just how shit Hibs are/were and whether their shitness last season was exaggerated by wee Shaun.   

Not on tonight's evidence. They were honking and 4 of their recent signings,  including McGeady,  were hooked at HT.

On 11/07/2022 at 22:23, Dick Dastardly said:

Off topic but i remember Charlton had a back line of Fish Costa Fortune many years ago. Quite prophetic 

I remember Czechoslovakia had Pavel Kuka and Jan Koller - forward line of Kuka-Koller 

On 11/07/2022 at 22:23, Dick Dastardly said:

Off topic but i remember Charlton had a back line of Fish Costa Fortune many years ago. Quite prophetic 

I remember Czechoslovakia had Pavel Kuka and Jan Koller - forward line of Kuka-Koller 

4 minutes ago, geomac said:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer were at Middlesbrough. 

14 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He had buttons pulled from his ankle?!? Wtf does that mean? 

It'll be suture buttons.

They use them to help rehab ankle joint / syndesmosis disruptions.

Kalamazoo Jambo
14 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He had buttons pulled from his ankle?!? Wtf does that mean? 

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Chocolate ones 

21 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

It'll be suture buttons.

Sorry cosa but I’m going with Sooks on this one.

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It'll be suture buttons.

Thanks, thats made it so much clearer... 

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, geomac said:

6 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Emerson, Lake and Palmer were at Middlesbrough. 

Brilliant! 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

:jjyay:

Losing him was sore but I can't help but think we're going to be much stronger as a result. Losing our key CB for circa 20 games a season even if he is as brilliant as Souttar was for us is a season killer. Ruins the continuity in defence as we end up having to draft in a player that isn't half the player we lost. I really think we're going to be stronger as a team next year as a result. Rowles looks very solid and we already know Halkett can bring the ball out of defence similar to Souttar (albeit Souttar probably better with the ball at his feet).

I think the Rangers move was a baffling one tbh. Sure, when fit he slots in to their starting 11 no bother, but the problem is they play 50 games a season, and can't afford to be rely on a key player that has ankles made of chocolate. I've said this a few times, I do not think he'll make 50 appearances for them over his contract. The most games he'll play are this season and in year 2 Leon King will probably usurp him in the pecking order and year 3 will be a loan deal and 4 will be the contract either getting torn up or another loan deal to get rid of the wage. Can only think Rangers saw a chance to snag a key player of ours for nothing. 

The Treasurer

I noticed the reported £3m plus deal for Doig is now being called a "significant seven figure sum". 

Will still be a decent amount for an average player but could be well short of the figure they expected 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs sign cabraja and mcallister

Cast of thousands.

Quite amusingly they are now using our Joe's "quality over quantity" patter yet have signed about 10 players so far.😂

17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs sign cabraja and mcallister

McAllister son of their coach. Aged 16 for initial £250k. 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

McAllister son of their coach. Aged 16 for initial £250k. 

Getting mega hyped so must be better than his dad!

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Cast of thousands.

Quite amusingly they are now using our Joe's "quality over quantity" patter yet have signed about 10 players so far.😂

There wage bill for their b team alone must be some amount 🤣

More signings from the muppets. Jesus wept , . A left sided defender. Wonder where Demi Mitchell is fitting in.  Their squad must be totalling 40 or something. How on earth do you control that ?? Well, we know and it fillls with unhappy players, cliques, back stabbing.

Popcorn time coming up and soon

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Screenshot_20220713-181135_Twitter.thumb.jpg.60fa4487caa6f2374fa291f2f44a92d5.jpg

I for 1 am disappointed we didn't sign him. A big experienced centre half. Should suit scottish football. 

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

I for 1 am disappointed we didn't sign him. A big experienced centre half. Should suit scottish football. 

I can only assume we are targeting better. 

21 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It'll be suture buttons.

John Suture.

Tbf that Croatian laddie Hibs have signed is probably the best business they've done all summer. A signing that at least makes sense on paper.

In saying that, he struggled to make an impression at Dinamo Zagreb, and had a couple of loan spells last year in Hungary and Slovenia. But, he's a good age and played for Croatia right through to the Under 21's.

Of course I hope he's ****ing pish though.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

More signings from the muppets. Jesus wept , . A left sided defender. Wonder where Demi Mitchell is fitting in.  Their squad must be totalling 40 or something. How on earth do you control that ?? Well, we know and it fillls with unhappy players, cliques, back stabbing.

Popcorn time coming up and soon

The door hadn’t even hit Doig on the arse and their chief exec said the funds would be getting reinvested so Christ knows how many more are to come as well

49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The door hadn’t even hit Doig on the arse and their chief exec said the funds would be getting reinvested so Christ knows how many more are to come as well

Robbies ran a very tight squad and managed 3rd at a canter, there really is no need for them to run with such a big squad, seems like an over abundance of players which are all about the same level, than spending a little extra to get someone actually decent. 

Looking at that Hibs team, there isn't one player that would improve our starting 11 IMO. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Robbies ran a very tight squad and managed 3rd at a canter, there really is no need for them to run with such a big squad, seems like an over abundance of players which are all about the same level, than spending a little extra to get someone actually decent. 

Looking at that Hibs team, there isn't one player that would improve our starting 11 IMO. 

seems a bit like our squad from 05-08 or whenever. 40+ players and some will never make a match day squad. You’d be looking at the programs and going #48 “who???”

Edited by RustyRightPeg

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

seems a bit like our squad from 05-08 or whenever. 40+ players and some will never make a match day squad. You’d be looking at the programs and going #48 “who???”

Except we had players like Bednar, Jankauskaa, Fyssas, Gordon, Harltey and Rudi, not really comparable other than big squads 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, lou said:

Except we had players like Bednar, Jankauskaa, Fyssas, Gordon, Harltey and Rudi, not really comparable other than big squads 

Size is all I meant by it. I’m obviously not competing the quality of the squads 

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Bassey is the new Morelos for months to come re transfer talk. I take it Buffalo is still at Rangers?

Got to say I hope he is not.Will be glad if he leaves the guy is an absolute machine.

Did Jamie McA get a cut of that transfer fee?

£250k for a 16 year old. Even if we had pots of money I wouldnt be forking out that sort of money on a kid. Absolutely no guarantee and high risk of getting anywhere.

Look at all the 16 year olds we have raved about who have gone nowhere - even after some promising appearances.

Far too young to be splashing cash on - particularly at the level Hibs are at. Unless they are taking a punt that they play him a few games this season, rave about him, put a price of £5m on him, then punt him on to some mug of a club for a profit before he gets found out.

Batshit mental IMO.

Edited by Jammy T

The left back Hibs have signed looks like their best signing and already an upgrade on Doig unfortunately.

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Did Jamie McA get a cut of that transfer fee?

£250k for a 16 year old. Even if we had pots of money I wouldnt be forking out that sort of money on a kid. Absolutely no guarantee and high risk of getting anywhere.

Look at all the 16 year olds we have raved about who have gone nowhere - even after some promising appearances.

Far too young to be splashing cash on - particularly at the level Hibs are at. Unless they are taking a punt that they play him a few games this season, rave about him, put a price of £5m on him, then punt him on to some mug of a club for a profit before he gets found out.

Batshit mental IMO.

Maybe his dad is his agent too?

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The left back Hibs have signed looks like their best signing and already an upgrade on Doig unfortunately.

Is he?

Aberdeen in the market are quietly going about there business,they will be a bigger threat to us than DU and hibs IMO

Yet some write all 3 off for whatever reason they have 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is he?

I think he does on paper.The rest look like total punts this one looks to actually make sense

Leveins Battalion
Just now, SCFHearts said:

Aberdeen in the market are quietly going about there business,they will be a bigger threat to us than DU and hibs IMO

Yet some write all 3 off for whatever reason they have 

There not going about it quietly,they have signed about 8 players and spend nearly £2 million now including £400k on a guy today who has never played a senior game.